Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By SheddingSkin
  • 1 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 2 Post By SheddingSkin
  • 1 Post By Iluv2smile
  • 1 Post By Iwantoff2013
I made it down to 1mg...Now What ????
    SheddingSkin is offline New Member

Default I made it down to 1mg...Now What ????

Hello everyone. Ive been reading and poking around these forum’s for a while now. 1st time poster here. I am not good at expressing myself threw typing. I will do my best to convey clearly so please bear with me. Ive had a long history of substance abuse coke,speed..basically everything since age 15. Then years later I started with the opiates approx. 10-12 years ago. I had no idea how opiates worked I just knew it felt right at the time. I soon realized they are not like other drugs. Those like me who found this out the hard way came to realize the power of opioid addiction. It can reduce a walking tall man to a child and humble the hardest of folks to mush.
    My story is basically the same as every other garbage head junkie. Started with the oc's graduated to fent and only the lord knows how many other various opioids in between. I am a ex wild man outlaw type that has gradually transformed into a 9-5 workin/family man. I have over come great adversity to get where I am today but Im still not where I want to be. I will spare you the rest on the past. I started suboxone 5.5 years ago 17 days after the birth of my daughter. My options were stay on course and try to raise a child doing what I was doing or rehab or suboxone. No way was I going to leave for rehab for my now wife to fend for herself and a newborn. Why I didn’t get all this worked out in the 9 months before she was born??…I guess only an can addict could understand. So I chose the suboxone route and I am happy I did no regret what so ever. That drug seriously saved my life and the unity of my family. My doctor started me at 24mg. I know that is high dose but if I wasn’t taking that much in the beginning I seriously feel I would have given up along the way. I stayed on that dose for maybe 2 years. Then reduced to 16mg for 3 years. 5 Months ago I started to taper. A year ago I would have never even considered tapering. I always thought im a lifer this is a great drug that has helped me with a lot more than just my addiction so why stop taking it. Then one day something just clicked….”A Moment of Clarity”. I did some serious soul searching down way deep. Recalled something my father had told me. “No one on their death bed ever said I wish I would have spent more time at the bar”. I Just put that logic towards my suboxone use. A simple one liner I know but it just really resonated with me and i got to thinking of how short and precious life really is. Long story short I stumbled upon this site and started reading and reading. I started to notice a pattern of success here with this method. So I thought what the heck I will try it. I never really took the whole taper thing to serious didn’t give it much thought just kinda went with it dropping .25 every 7 days rather than 4 days. At some dose’s I stayed on for weeks. So far it’s been very easy barely noticeable symptoms. The biggest one is boredom and the monotonous day to day. I’ve always had a thrill seeking personality that has laid dormant since I stared the subs. That I need to figure out how to deal with and channel it into something positive. Playing Barbie’s with my daughter is great and all but it just doesn’t quench that thirst for the thrill of good ole adrenalin Rush lol. Anyone else deal with that? It’s a big one for me. And alarming since in the past its always lead me into self-destructive behavior. Im done rambling thanks for reading.
    I am currently at 1mg films now twice a day .5 am .5 pm. For 6 days now
    Questions.
    When i Drop to .75 should I continue to split that dose ? If not what the best way to transition to once a day ? I have always split doses.
    Thanks
    UncleLeo and Dixie Coleman like this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there. Welcome.

Congrats on getting yourself down from to 1 mg from 24 mg! That's huge. Sounds like you're doing quite well with the taper.

When I first tapered, I switched to dosing only once a day when I dropped below 1 mg. Most people switch to only once a day when getting to such low doses. It's good to get away from that second dose as a crutch, so to speak. It's almost like getting ready for the big day -- the jump off. Sub is very strong and will actually hold you for 24 hours. Don't sweat it. You'll be fine. A lot of us struggled mentally with it, not so much physically.

Also sounds like you've really put your life back in order over the years. Good for you. All the more reason to get off this stuff for good. I can't say I have a need for an adrenaline rush, but I sure do understand the boredom and "looking for something" aspect of it.

Gotta run for now but just wanted to do a quick reply. Will check back with you. Oh, also, forum rules say we're not supposed to discuss illicit drugs (believe it or not!) so if your post disappears, just post again.

Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-21-2016 at 09:38 PM.
    UncleLeo likes this.

Hey Kat Thanks for taking the time to reply.

As far as the dosing once per day. I have relied on that 2nd dose heavily. One to get me up and ready for work and the pm recharge to keep up with the family. Starting tomorrow I will stay at my current dose of 1mg but dose once. Allow myself some time to adjust to that mentally before I reduce to .75 does that sound like a good idea ? Also what time of day would you recommend dosing ? Does it matter ? Thanks again for you support

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Sheddingskin
    Welcome! I didn't split my doses once i got under 1 mg. Go ahead and take the whole.75mg at once. Drink plenty of water! It will really help alleviate side effects.
    You're on ur way now! Congrats on that moment of clarity! Lol We certainly all have had them_it's a wake up call, eh?
    Keep on with your schedule; prepare for skip days. Post often! You can do this!!! I'm an old woman & i made it through--u can too!!
    Here for you...

kittylover84 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SheddingSkin View Post
    Hey Kat Thanks for taking the time to reply.

As far as the dosing once per day. I have relied on that 2nd dose heavily. One to get me up and ready for work and the pm recharge to keep up with the family. Starting tomorrow I will stay at my current dose of 1mg but dose once. Allow myself some time to adjust to that mentally before I reduce to .75 does that sound like a good idea ? Also what time of day would you recommend dosing ? Does it matter ? Thanks again for you support
    I am the same way. I have got myself down to 1 mg. It's hard, but so worth it. ::High Five:: I also dose twice a day and I am not certain I can do the switch to once a day. I have tried it but by the time evening rolled around I start aching and the creepy crawlies hit me. I usually fend off my second dose until I feel that way. I am afraid too my friend that dosing once a day won't cut it. I just hope that maybe since it will be such a low dose under 1 mg it will be different?? Keep me posted.

God Bless
    Today is the Only Day You Have

I just couldn't fallow threw on starting single dose today. I woke up this am in a funk and had doubts creep in. By the time noon rolled around I regretted it. I will see what tomorrow brings.

Ming your an amazing woman. I've read threw most of your thread and your determination is amazing. Kudos on your sobriety. Thank you so much fo your support.

Kittylover Yea it is so worth it. I find myself laughing again. The sub had me so numb nothing seemed that funny. It's nice to start feeling again for better or worse. Keep pressing forwad and things will hopefully get easier/better.
    UncleLeo and kittylover84 like this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations..
    In the end of the sub taper it is very
    Much a mental fight.

But you can do his.
    Look how far you have come..

The majority of us do go to dosing 1 time a day at 1 mg
    But
    If that is not possible
    So be it!

The bigger thing
    Is to stick to your plan..

I worked through my taper
    I
    Was fine..

The boredom
    Is a big thing
    For addicts
    Especially pill addicts
    Because we would pop a pill and
    Expect the situation to change..

Thinking back it never did
    And
    It never will.

The only things we can change are ourselves..

You have find some new interests
    Because
    I know for me I had a lot of time and real estate in my head
    Occupied with pill usage.

With that gone ?
    Time to reinvent
    Your life!

This is by far one of the
    Biggest accomplishments you
    Will have!
    Keep on doing you ..
    Soon
    You will be
    Rockin it clean
    In
    2016 !

Bette
    UncleLeo likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SheddingSkin View Post
    I just couldn't fallow threw on starting single dose today. I woke up this am in a funk and had doubts creep in. By the time noon rolled around I regretted it. I will see what tomorrow brings.

Ming your an amazing woman. I've read threw most of your thread and your determination is amazing. Kudos on your sobriety. Thank you so much fo your support.

Kittylover Yea it is so worth it. I find myself laughing again. The sub had me so numb nothing seemed that funny. It's nice to start feeling again for better or worse. Keep pressing forwad and things will hopefully get easier/better.
    I hear ya. Our minds can convince us that we can't handle dosing once a day. The first time I tapered off, I had a bit of a struggle switching to once a day. But I was psyching myself out -- thinking about it incessantly, waiting for symptoms to come on, etc. I eventually just accepted that it needed to happen because if I couldn't do it, how was I gonna make the jump? That was my thinking, at least. The first couple days were a challenge but it all evened out and was no big deal.

Since you've been taking Sub in the morning and at night, you might consider like a late morning or early afternoon dosing time once you switch over if that makes it any easier.

Kat
    Iluv2smile likes this.

thed is offline Junior Member

sheddingskin I actually have been keeping up with your thread because I realized that we were in similar spots, just didn't realize it was you until you posted in my thread.

Is today the day for the 1 dose? Good luck if sO! late afternoon dose as suggested maybe?