Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
I need some backup
    Hearshot_Kid is offline Junior Member

Default I need some backup

Hello all,
    I'm on the final leg of my Suboxone taper and I could really use some support from people who understand. I've been lurking on this site for months, reading your stories and getting inspiration, so it seemed like a good time to actually join and interact.
    I abused opiates for about four years, until I ran out of options and sought help. I found a Suboxone doctor, and tried to get on the right path. This was back in 2009. I've always been scared to say how long I've been on it for fear people will tell me it's impossible to quit. But this is the place for honesty and I have to do this! I went back and forth in those early years between subs and oxy, not taking my recovery seriously. In 2011 I changed and got into counseling, and have worked so hard to get on track. A couple months ago I just felt ready!
    I've been slowwwwwly tapering for a long time. I started out at 24 mg originally! I now take .33 mg (I just cut the 2 mg strip into 6 pieces). Today I started only taking it once a day instead of twice. If I'm being honest, I split the dose to have something to look forward to so I'm trying to fix that.
    Going forward, I want so bad to be free of all this. It has been 10 years since I've not taken some sort of opiate every day. I don't know anyone else who takes subs so I felt really alone, until reading these message boards. Thank you guys for listening, and I'd really appreciate any help, advice, or just some interaction!
    B-Y and Randy35 like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome!

Sounds like you know what you're doing in terms of tapering. I'm glad that therapy has helped you too. One point that stands out for me in your post if that you acknowledge the "habit" of taking something so you're working on dosing once a day instead of two. That's so good. It took some time after I was clean to even notice that. I was reaching for Advil, Excedrin, anything even though I didn't need them. Then I caught myself and realized this was all a part of it.

You've been reading here, so may I assume that you have become familiar with the taper used most often here? It calls for a 25% reduction every 4 days or so but it's OK if you need to stay at the same dose for a few days longer. You've been doing this for some time so you would be best off to take you time now and do it right. You aren't far away from jumping or skipping days so YAY for that. This shouldn't take you very long at all.

Good luck and keep posting. You'll get tons of support here.

Peace,

Cat
    Hearshot_Kid and Iluv2smile like this.

Anonymous Guest

Hearshot,
    I second that "welcome" from Cat. She is an awesome member of our group and can offer you loads of advice and inspiration!!!
    I just want to say that I was on 24mg of subs for 5 yrs and for you to be able to get yourself down to that .33mg is incredible!!!!! You should be so proud of yourself. You are at the right place for help in your last leg of your journey. It sounds like you are pretty knowledgeable about the taper, cuz your doing something right to be down that low. I have to run right now, but I just wanted you to know that your will power and determination are paying off BIG time.
    Keep posting and more people will jump in for support and any questions you might have. I'll check back later on.
    We are all rooting for you!!!
    Blessings,
    Michelle
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

Thanks so much for your responses, the support means so much right now! In my days of lurking on here I came across Robert's plan, and that's pretty much how I got this low.
    This morning I started the .25 mg leg of the taper. I was surprised last night that I didn't have too many cravings for that second dose! Twice I felt like I needed it, that sensation where your head kind of pulsates. It did calm back down though! I'm so excited, I feel like the end of this is so close! I can't even imagine what it will feel like to have no opiates in my system.
    I'm really glad I finally made an account instead of just reading, it's really helpful to talk with you guys!!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hearshot_Kid View Post
    Thanks so much for your responses, the support means so much right now! In my days of lurking on here I came across Robert's plan, and that's pretty much how I got this low.
    This morning I started the .25 mg leg of the taper. I was surprised last night that I didn't have too many cravings for that second dose! Twice I felt like I needed it, that sensation where your head kind of pulsates. It did calm back down though! I'm so excited, I feel like the end of this is so close! I can't even imagine what it will feel like to have no opiates in my system.
    I'm really glad I finally made an account instead of just reading, it's really helpful to talk with you guys!!

Hiya Kid,

Your story is so important to those that have been on sub for years and worried about how, when, or if they can ever get off. They read all the horror stories and keep taking them because of fear of the unknown. By you sharing your positive results you've inspired many that might otherwise give up.

You know the sub plan well and that's great! I know stopping that second dose can mess with your head, but it will pass I promise. Just takes a little time is all.

Just think that 6 or so years ago you were on 24mgs per day and now your down to .25mg. How awesome is that!!! I suggest taking your time at this point and making sure your fully ready and stable before your next step. Wondering what will your next move be? Maybe you will jump from .25mg after spending several days there….perhaps reduce lower, maybe skip days after .25mg, or reduce lower then skip days?

I have no doubt you'll be clean and free no matter what you do. Congratulations on your already successful journey

Randy
    Ming23, Hearshot_Kid and Catrina like this.

H8teopiates is offline New Member

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-20-2016 at 12:15 AM.
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Hearshot
    I'll say like Randy.. Stick around and post for the others who were are on a high dose of subs. You story could touch many people and make a difference. Even if only one person got something out of it, definitely worth it. We could use a few more people like you here, and again congratulations on you progress!! x-cellent!!!!
    Michelle
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

You guys are incredible, thanks for sharing your stories and support!!
    Quick update, I'm holding steady at .25 mg. Minor withdrawal symptoms but nothing I can't handle. Sleep seems to be the biggest problem I have, I pop awake after 2 hours and have to get up for restlessness and anxiety. I took a COLD brisk walk yesterday hoping to ward off RLS. I had a bit of Jimmy legs but it wasn't too bad. The walk felt great. I had to force myself to get out the door but was so glad I did!

Randy, my plan is once I'm stable at .25, I'll drop to .125 then skip days til I'm clear. I'm trying to get as low as possible so the WDs don't hit me like a truck haha.

One surprise I've had so far is I used to think all this was impossible; I'd get so anxious at the thought of missing a dose or cutting back. The reality is that once you get through a couple days it becomes the new normal to your brain! This time last year I was taking 2 mg and splitting it 4 doses (bad addict thinking, I know!) If I had to miss one dose I'd freak out. Exactly one year later I've gotten all the way down here and it's bearable. This is so exciting!!
    Randy35 likes this.

James19871 is offline Member

Hi Hearshot,

Welcome to the forum, you've come to the right place for support! Your doing a great job with your taper! You won't regret it.

Don't let your years of use scare you. I was on suboxone for 12 years and I was able to get off it. Prior to that I was using heavy H for about 3 years. You have no idea how good it feels to be off that s***. Hang in there, I promise it's worth it. Not sure why I stayed on subs so long, I have a pretty awesome life, job, fiancé, etc... I just got complacent and feared the detox. Don't fear it, theres many ways to cope. When your ready hit me up, I'll happily help you through it, amongst many others in this forum. I've tried everything under the sun for withdrawals, so I'm happy to offer advice when your ready.

Good luck, hang in there brother!!
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

Morning all!
    Well, the WDs finally caught up with me last night. The end of day 2 of the drop to .25 mg had me feeling really rough. The usual runny nose, stomach issues, hot/colds but the worst of it was the racing thoughts and anxiety. I took an additional tiny sliver which I'm feeling bad about. I know I gotta power through this. I don't know why this drop was so bad physically. I went from .33 to .25 which is exactly 25%. In the past those drops were more manageable, what's so different about this one?

James thank you for your reply and I'd be happy to hear any advice you've got. I read your story right when I needed the most to hear that someone with long-term use has made it through. Thanks man!

Back on track for today, took my .25 mg when I woke up at 4 am. Hoping this day doesn't drag on as bad as yesterday did, but either way I'm gonna soldier on. Hope you guys are doing good today!

Hi Hearshot,

Unfortunately getting that low on subs can be very hard. Getting below 1 mg is the hardest part of your taper. I jumped around 1mg because I just wanted to be done with the acute phase as quickly as possible, and body was not adjusting well. I don't condone what I did, because the low taper does really help the severity of the WDs in the end. Hang in there though, try to tough it out while your body adjusts. What MG are you going to jump from? Do you have a date set?

Here's some things that I did that helped me through the detox.

1. Plan!! Stock up on supplements, healthy food, protein shakes, water. Also take time off from work/school if possible. 2 weeks is best, but whatever you can do will help.

2. Supplements are key! I take "animal packs" for bodybuilding. Their loaded with tons of good stuff for recovery though. I also tried Elimidrol and calm support. Both are good as well. My favorite is the "animal packs" though. Scope out the ingredients online, very powerful stuff. It has lots of vitamins, folic acids, magnesium, and so much more!!

3. Hot baths and/or showers will be your best friend!!!!! Pickup some Epsom Salt for baths, good for body aches. I like scented versions since they offer calming effects.

4. Be careful if you get benzos and/or Ambien from your doctor. DONT exceed 2 weeks! I suffered some rebound anxiety after stopping these for a few days. Klonopin or Valium work best since their long acting. Sleep is critical during detox. That's how your body repairs physically and psychologically.

5. Pickup some Tylenol or Ibuprofen for back aches. They really do help. Also pickup Immodium, trust me lol. Liquid Imodium works faster.

6. Get Netflix and/or Amazon Prime! Keep mind occupied!

7. Drink high calorie/protein shakes if you can't eat. Very important! Also, stay hydrated! Water and/or vitamin infused water only. Dehydration will make symtpoms worse. Stay alway from white sugar, caffeine, and processed foods! Eat as much protein as possible.

8. Excercise as soon as you can push yourself. This helps tremendously speed recovery! I can't stress this enough.

9. Listen to your favorite upbeat music. Don't underestimate this! Music got me through my worst times. It's calming since it releases endorphins.

10. Just try to keep your mind occupied any way possible. Very important!

11. Sex! My fiancé was pretty happy for the first month lol. It calms anxiety and releases endorphins. Your sex drive comes back with a vengence after subs lol.

12. Talk to people on forums, N/A, etc... Helped me tremendously. N/A isn't for me, but allot of people swear by it. I prefer forums and my support system at home.

13. Just stay positive and keep your eye on the prize of feeling awesome one day. Talk to people when your feeling down.

For the record, I don't claim to be an expert. But I did tons of research and preparation prior to quitting. I spared no expense. These are my top 13 items that helped me through. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. Just know you don't have to suffer, theres many ways to cope!! Also remember it's only temporary!! The more tools you have in your aresonal the better.

Good luck, please keep us posted on your success, I love hearing other people's progress! It only encourages more people to do the same.
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

Day 4 and I'm making progress! I can't seem to sleep much though, and since I don't want to mess with benzos I might try to find an OTC remedy temporarily. Yesterday was definitely easier than the one before. James you are so right, I got out of the house and took a walk. Listening to music in the car was the high point of my day! Took a drive and listened to my favorite band, and actually felt some euphoria. That gave me so much hope, for a long time I was afraid since I had been on subs so long that my brain wouldn't understand how to do that on its own. It does kick in, you gotta fight for it though.

I plan to hold here at .25 for a few more days at least to give myself a break from WDs. Next step is .125, then skip days and jump. I haven't set a date because I have no idea how long it'll take to even out in between drops. The four day thing definitely doesn't work for me, maybe because of how long I've been on subs. Or maybe it's all in my head and it takes longer to adjust, I'm not sure. I'm just happy to see the finish line! I feel like I'm at the last stretch of a marathon and it's the hardest point and I'm exhausted but this is when to push the hardest. So close!

James your advice is awesome, thanks for the help. I'm gonna look into those supplements today! Also gonna go to an AA meeting (where I live NA is harder to find). Not a big step person either but the socializing might help. Thanks again, hope you're having a good one.
    Ming23 likes this.

B-Y
    B-Y is offline New Member

Hearshot,

James advice is spot on!! Our stories are so similar, I spent over $500 (over 3 months) prepping my supplies, and quality over quantity imo. I jumped from 2mg and am so jealous/proud of you who got down to below 1mg, let alone .33,.25 etc. The first 2 weeks WILL BE HARD, but looking back its nothing compared to the mental and physical "gifts" my brain is giving my body back after 12 years abusing! James mentioned one of them #11 lol, and it's true! So the biggest thing is prep while you feel good (think beyond supplements) so your not worrying about the front yard, or dog food..and start thinking about w/d's as a positive thing to look foward too, I couldn't say I was on day 26 today without that feeling!! Good luck brother and I know you WILL do it , you've come this far.
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

B-Y
    B-Y is offline New Member

One more thing..I use Phenibut supplement to sleep alternated with the benzos. I do agree, it's better not to use anything RX..but I am in survival mode at its fullest..and refuse to become addicted to anything else. 100% natural would be melatonin, valerian root, GABA , 5-htp, chamomile . All actually work and I use them on sat/sun as non addictive.
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Hearshot Kid
    Just want to thank you for the suggestion of Notes from the Universe. Went ahead and signed up for it and got my 1st "note" this morning. Wonderful for motivation and inspiration. My husband loved it too! Would suggest to anyone.. addict or not. Thanks again for spreading the word!!
    Hope you sail through the last leg of your journey with little to no bumps in the road. I'm rooting for you to go all the way, but def do it in your own time. The taper is just a guide to follow. As you know, we're all different, and isn't that wonderful. This world would be pretty boring if that were the case!!
    Blessings to you,
    Michelle
    xxoo
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

Thank you guys for responding! I'm trying to keep moving today but have hit the afternoon slump and came here for inspiration. Hit a meeting today and got some fellowship in which is always good. Shoveled the snow, basically anything to tire me out lol.
    Michelle, glad you enjoy the Notes! My wife was the one who turned me on to them and they really do help, I look forward to them every morning. It seems like a little bit of divine inspiration just when I'm at the lowest point of my day.
    B-Y thanks for the supplement suggestions. Survival mode, I hear that loud and clear lol. I'm gonna try for no rx but you can only go so long without sleep right?
    You guys are awesome, thanks for the encouragement!

Hi B-Y, Hearshot,

I'm enjoying reading your posts, you guys are awesome!

Hearshot, I agree with avoiding benzos if possible. Even though I took them for 2 weeks during the worst part of my detox, the whole time I was petrified that I was going to develope a dependency. I was only taking .5mg a day, and to be honest it didn't do a whole lot for me. And if you start taking higher doses, it just starts becoming risky. As a safe alternative, you can get a good sleep vitamin. I really like one called restful sleep, their by a company called OLLY. They contain malatonin, passionflower, L-Theanine, other botanicals, etc... The best part is their blackberry gummie vitamins and their delicious. When I was sick I was gagging and vomiting allot. Mostly gagging, it made pills hard to swallow. The gummies went down smooth. You can pick them up online or at Target. Sleep is really hard when your RLS and anxiety are flipping out. But when these symptoms calm down a bit, the sleep vitamins will put you down pretty quick. I still take them, they knock me out within 30 minutes. I had a ritual for sleep when my arms and legs were flipping out. I'd start with a hot Epsom Salt bath an hour before bed. I'd take my sleep vitamins right before getting in the tub. Once I felt my eyes getting heavy, I'd go right to my bed, turn off all the lights, and try my hardest to relax. What really helped me as well, was a free sleep machine that I downloaded from the App Store to my iPhone. The relaxing rain sound helped me relax. I'd usually wake up within an hour, then I'd repeat that process. You need to get sleep wherever you can. I little velarian with the sleep vitamins doesn't hurt either. Valerian is natures Valium, not as strong of course, nor addictive. These are much better alternatives to benzos. Just my opinion, see what others think.

Your most annoying symtpoms will be RLS and anxiety. They are the precursor to insomnia. For me the only thing that helped with these were heat. Hot baths, heating blanket wrapped around my legs, compression socks, etc.. They have creams like icy hot that can help, but for me, the thought of rubbing creams on my already uncomfortable body made me cringe. I put a flat screen with Apple TV in my bathroom lol. Loafing in the tub while watching Netflix was a life saver. When the RLS and/or anxiety hits, get up and move around. Don't just lay around because you'll just get aggravated and worsen the anxiety. When mine got real bad, I would go to my basement and hit the heavy bag. Better than punching my legs and/or walls lol. Or I'd hit the weights and eliptical. If you have no equipment at home, go for a walk. You can even pick up some resistance bands on Amazon for under $30.

Your doing a great job with your taper, I agree, I wouldn't rush it. Let your body stabilize on your current dose before you decrease. You'll have many ups and downs. Don't let the slump get you down. You should be proud of yourself. Most people including myself didnt have the discipline to taper as low as you are. I jumped around 1 or 2mg and it wasn't fun. It's going to make your WDs that much easier. Regardless there will be some pain, sometimes the pain is good, it reminds us why we want off this s*** so bad. No one deserves a lifetime of dependency on this stuff.

B-Y, your absolutely right, our experiences are very similar. I agree 100% with all your advice. keep up,the good work, it's certainly inspiring me knowing I'm not alone. Im on day 48 and going strong. Not one single craving. If someone offered me a sub right now I'd probably throat punch them lol.

You guys both rock! Keep the good news coming, it's inspiring!!

P.S. Discuss "Deplin" (I-Methylfolate) with your doctor. It's a natural food supplement for depression. No side effects either! It's by prescription only via a compounding facility. Check the reviews online, you'll be impressed. I take it and I love it! Sorry for rambling!
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

Morning, Day 5 begins...
    Rough night, I finally had the infamous stomach upset I kept hearing about. I only had it mildly before but, just wow. I drank so much water yesterday, so I'm pretty sure I was too dehydrated before. A few rounds of immodium and I finally got some sleep. Slept 5 hours last night though so there's an improvement! I was in my own head more last night too, having some cravings and had a harder time distracting with walk and music. Ups and downs like you said! I know this is gonna be worth it, I just need to fight through.
    James, I tried your sleep app idea and I'm glad I did. I woke up 2 hours in and just played the thing and fell right back to sleep.
    Ming23 likes this.

Ohhhhh I have to figure out how to deal with stress when I'm in this state. Just got into a fight with my wife. I'm extra irritable and don't know how not to take the bait. First thing I want to do is reach for a sub to take away the feeling lousy part. I'm not going to though. I'm gonna go work out and listen to something angry. Coping skills rebuilt I guess!! I'm already more calm after writing this. So glad I found this group
    Ming23 likes this.

Hi Hearshot,

That's a tough situation. I know exactly what you mean because I've had similar issues with my fiancé. Before I started my detox I had explained to her up front what I'd be going through, and apologized in advance for any outbursts lol. She never took a drug in her life, so it was hard to make her understand. I showed her the dreaded list of withdrawal symptoms as well so she knew I wouldn't be sugar coating my sickness lol. I also explained that it could quite a while before I feel good again, and to please hang in there and patient with me. With that being said, when I was moody I would just ask her to politely to give my space. I didn't realize this then, but my recovery was taking a toll on my spouse as well. I tried to keep that in mind when I would get frustrated with her. The best thing you can do is try to make your wife understand that you won't be yourself for a while, but keep reminding her that you'll be a much better husband when it's all over. It will give her hope to hang In there, and perhaps not poke the bear too much lol. Maybe ask her to read some online threads or websites so she can see what other people are going through? Just a thought. Hang in here, your doing great!! Keep In touch!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-23-2016 at 04:39 PM.
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

Days 6 & 7: I'm finally starting to feel normal!! I actually had a really good day yesterday, got out and had some breakfast, exercised and at the end of the night I was just lazy on the couch haha. That's a good thing though, before I was too restless to sit still, my brain was screaming because something was missing. That part is finally over, I was able to just relax. Time seemed to pass more normally too, the last week every minute felt like an hour. It's comforting to know that goes away! I'm gonna give it another day or so on this dose then drop again. I want to give myself a couple days break before it starts again.

I used to think these symptoms wouldn't go away for someone like me who has been on subs for so long. It's been over a decade since I've gone one day without any sort of opiate. Truth is, symptoms pass even if they take a bit longer than you expected. I actually felt more like myself yesterday than I have in a long time, I can't wait to see what it's like after all this is done. So close!

**I'm going to get a "Don't Poke the Bear" sign made**
    UncleLeo likes this.

triphippie is offline Banned

Hey Hearshot_Kid, just found your thread and thought I would pop in and say hello. You're doing great man - just keep on trucking!
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

TampaFlorida is offline Member

Wow you almost at the finish line.
    Remember each time you have wd. your brain is working hard on getting those new neurons rebuild,lol.
    Sorry about your wife. Its not easy for her too, especially if she doesnt understand why you so angry and moody.
    Drink some green tea, or any tea. If I drink tea I feel relaxed afterwards. It just relaxes me,
    Maybe you could do something nice for her each time you stabilizes.
    Example: a nice massage or go out to dinner. this way you can show her your appreciation for being there for you, and you can explain in a relaxed situation those mood swing again.
    this could help both of you actually. gives you a break too, and you will feel better because you have done something nice for somebody else.
    Somewhere I read that doing "good deeds" for people raises the endorphin levels too, since you feel good about helping others.
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

You guys are incredible with the support and advice! Thanks for being here and making this journey easier than I thought it would be.

Tampa that's some good advice, you're right, she has no idea what this feels like and she's scared. I'm normally a fairly patient person but last week, not so much. She's stuck with me through so much, she deserves a medal haha. I'm currently making pizza dough so dinner is fixed when she comes home, taking advantage of feeling good today.

Something special about this day. Even though I didn't feel great last week I'm excited to make the jump. Feeling more ready every day. I'm gonna do this!

Hi Hearshot,

Glad to hear your stabilizing!! This was the confidence booster that you needed! When things get really hard, just know they can only get better from there. I can confidentially say that your going to do great when you jump off this s***. I can tell by your attitude and determination. I have spoken to many people with similar attitudes who are off opiates/subs and doing really well, including myself. I'm getting very close to my 60 day milestone, I can't wait!

By the way, Tampa gave you some great advice. The idea of rewarding your wife when your feeling good is an awesome idea. I did the same thing for my fiancé when I was in rough shape. Try to give her extra attention on the good days. It will give her hope for when your having bad days.

Keep up the good work, I'm proud of yea!! Please keep in touch.
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

Hello all,
    My confidence got a bit shaken last night. Towards the end of the night I was feeling fuzzy, still had some hot/colds, stomach issues, etc. Am I still having WDs or is this the mind game part? I also made the mistake of reading a horror story. I really wish I hadn't, I'm having trouble shaking the fear now.
    I'm debating jumping from this dose of .25 mg when I start to feel more steady rather than taper to .125 mg first. If I already have to feel these WDs for so long it would be nice to actually gain some clean time. I'm not sure how many more times I want to go through this and know I still have another round ya know? What do you guys think? I'm just having a hard day I guess, I'll stick around and read success stories, maybe that'll help. Thanks for being here

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hearshot_Kid View Post
    Hello all,
    My confidence got a bit shaken last night. Towards the end of the night I was feeling fuzzy, still had some hot/colds, stomach issues, etc. Am I still having WDs or is this the mind game part? I also made the mistake of reading a horror story. I really wish I hadn't, I'm having trouble shaking the fear now.
    I'm debating jumping from this dose of .25 mg when I start to feel more steady rather than taper to .125 mg first. If I already have to feel these WDs for so long it would be nice to actually gain some clean time. I'm not sure how many more times I want to go through this and know I still have another round ya know? What do you guys think? I'm just having a hard day I guess, I'll stick around and read success stories, maybe that'll help. Thanks for being here

Hey there,

The reason you're feeling a few symptoms is because the half life is dissipating, exactly what you want happening. As the sub leaves your system it's perfectly normal to feel it. But in the end it will pay off. Keep in mind that this isn't intended to be a cakewalk, some symptoms are expected to pop up, especially at the lower doses. But you should be fully able to handle them all.

Have you heard the saying "This Too Shall Pass"? It's so true. You felt great yesterday. You felt the symptoms today. Tomorrow you'll most likely be feeling well again. Definitely not a bad thing. All the symptoms you're feeling WILL pass on their own. Time makes all the difference.

When you have moments of clarity or really feeling good hang onto them. It's what gets you through this.

I would highly recommend you either taper lower to .125mg then skip days. If you don't want to taper lower I would still do the day skipping process as your final move before jumping. The day skipping does two things….It allows the half life to catch up with itself, and it gets you use to being without sub for first one day, then two, and then 3 days.

Keep fighting my friend….you have this deal nearly done. You can do it, I have no doubt!!!

Randy
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

Randy, thank you for responding, feeling low today. Not acute WD but just this *blah* sort of thing. So when do you think I should drop again? Is it okay to do so now or should I wait until I feel good?

Hi Hearshot,

Sorry your having a low day! Unfortunately this is part of the process, it sucks, I know! Randy is right, tomorrow may be a better day. I still have good days and bad days and I've been clean for a while now. They only get better as time goes on.

I was in a very similar boat, the tapering seemed to just drag out the withdrawal symptoms for me. I was only able to get down to around 1.5mg before I said screw it and jumped. I don't condone that, just saying I know what your dealing with. I was inpatient and wanted the symtpoms to end asap.

I would try to follow Randys advice and get as low as possible. Only you know when your ready to jump. Just make sure your prepared (health food, supplements, etc) like we discussed in earlier posts.

Think of these rough days as a "Rite of Passage". It's a transition to a much happier & healthier life. It will get worse before it gets better, but I promise it's worth the fight. Please hang In there, keep us posted.

Anonymous Guest

Hearshot,
    Glad I stopped by to check on you. It seems your having a rough day? I'm sorry to hear that. I guess it's all part of the process. Did you try a little exercise? How bout listening to some of your favorite music? How about watching a funny show or movie? How about just laughing out loud for no reason at all. Better yet, go in the bathroom and watch yourself laugh out loud for no reason. That's hilarious!! Maybe just going for a walk, or on a drive cranking the music up loud and singing to the top of your lungs. If all else fails, come back here and read some post that will give you inspiration. Don't know what faith you are, but maybe just some simple meditation may be the ticket.
    Hope one of these things might lift you a little and help you get through the day. Cause tomorrow will be better! If for nothing else you can hold on to that. You are doing amazing and don't let this blah feeling bring your spirits down. Look back and see how far you've come, what you've accomplished. This is just a little bump in the road. Your determination will get you through.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast