• 1 Post By 7fourteen
  • 1 Post By 7fourteen
  • 1 Post By 7fourteen
  • 1 Post By Ming23
  • 1 Post By 7fourteen
If I on,y knew then......
    7fourteen is offline Member

Default If I on,y knew then......

Today is day 10 off sub. I thought I was feeling better after day four but it's only gotten worse. I did a six month taper after being on 12 mg for 14 months. Over a decade of opiate abuse. Came down 2 mg a month starting in August. Stayed on 2 mg for an extra month so I could break them in half and quarter them. Sleep is maybe 2 hrs a night. No more RLS but the burning sensation all over my body is the worst. Probably take 5-7 showers a day. I regret not going cold turkey off the opiates and just suffer for a week. If I knew then what I know now that's what I would have done. I'm pounding the fluids, drinking protein shakes but I seem to going into a funk. I truly thought it would be over by now.
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey 714
    Saw ur post on Rock's thread. Glad you're feeling better now. You're right about drinking a lot of water. Flush the chems out. Unsure about the burning sensation.
    How's your diet?
    I got "the flu" for weeks after i jumped. But it ended one day...
    Watch what you eat and if u can, exercize, walk, yoga. Just move.
    I've got an indentation on my couch from being there so long! Lol
    You'll feel better gradually. Hang in there!
    Proud of you!
    7fourteen and UncleLeo like this.

Thanks Ming..diet at first was not good. McDonalds for breakfast. Other fast food for lunch. On about day 8 or 9 I started eating really clean and drinking tones of water. Last night was great, 4.5 hrs of sleep after over a week of not more than 2 hrs. Between the support and what I have learned on this site plus support from my family I know I've got this. Still have some burning in my arms and face but not over the whole body like it was. This past weekend I basically stayed in bed which didn't help. When I'm at work I walk a lot and I know that helps. Thanks for everything. I have read quite a few of you post. Side note, kinda worried about Rock. Wish he would talk no matter what's happened.

Quote Originally Posted by 7fourteen View Post
    Thanks Ming..diet at first was not good. McDonalds for breakfast. Other fast food for lunch. On about day 8 or 9 I started eating really clean and drinking tones of water. Last night was great, 4.5 hrs of sleep after over a week of not more than 2 hrs. Between the support and what I have learned on this site plus support from my family I know I've got this. Still have some burning in my arms and face but not over the whole body like it was. This past weekend I basically stayed in bed which didn't help. When I'm at work I walk a lot and I know that helps. Thanks for everything. I have read quite a few of you post. Side note, kinda worried about Rock. Wish he would talk no matter what's happened.

That diet-thing can make the taper more difficult at times. It's as if during the sub taper, we get to review our whole lives and assess how we got to where we're at now. Those middle of the night Pings! that awaken us with thoughts of what might have been--well, they decrease too!
    Hang in there! You're doing just fine! Will check on Rock too.
    Proud of you! Post when you can. Keep flushing out the chems...

Today is day16. Sleep is hit and miss. Went to the Dr last Thursday to get something for sleep he knows my past and has been pretty supportive. He gave me Trazadone for sleep. Knocks me out but not for long. Gabbapentin (Spelling) for the burning sensation all over my body. When he offered me Clonopin for anxiety I told him no thanks. Once through that hell was enough. By far the worst WD I have ever had. Yesterday I was able to split and stack 2 chords of wood. Took me all day and completely drained me. Changed the diet and eating totally clean. Bottom line is I have very little energy, feels like my brain is rebooting. Forgetful as hell. As long as I'm active I have no burning sensation it's just when I stop.
    Ming23 likes this.

One more thing. By no means am I going through what I call bed WD. I have never missed a days work. Have to push myself at times but that's ok.
    Ming23 likes this.

Drink a barrel of water to flush out your system now.
    Glad u could cut the wood and stack it! Good for you!
    Keep hydrating now to get the chems out. It takes a bit of time due to the build up in our systems.
    You're doing great!

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

714 - sounds like you're startin to pull through! That's great you were able to split all that wood, must have felt great to take some of that frustration or whatever you were feeling out on the wood! People have def given me some funny looks at the gym when they see how much rage I'm unleashing on a little used heavy bag in the corner. Like "what's wrong with that dude?"

Curious, you said you tapered 2mg every month or something along those lines. What was your final month or so of taper? How low did you get and for how long? I'm staying to avoid the crash as much as possible. Ten days of hell and no sleep - god didn't make me that tough...hang in there!!

Thanks guys and gals. Splitting that wood took every ounce of energy I did have. What would have taken half a day took all day. That's ok it felt great to accomplish something. Uncle Leo, I tapered for a little over 6 months. Started at 12 mg where I was for a year. Went down 2 mg a month. I started to feel the effects when I gout to 4 mg. when I was scheduled to jump at 2 mg I asked if I could stay on 2 for another month. It was approved so I started to break the 2 mg pills in half. Really started to feel it but nothing to bad. I did this for about two weeks. I then broke the halves in two which put at .25 mg. I stayed on that foe about 2 weeks and then jumped on February 14.

Ming thanks so much. Right now I have to force myself to do anything. I do feel better when I am active. It's when I am still is when it gets me. I had a couple nights last week when I slept pretty good but I am back to 1-2 hrs of sleep. The mental effect is getting pretty bad. I can't remember s..t!! Still drinking water and eating clean. I know this the price I have to pay for over a decade of abuse
    Ming23 likes this.

Hey 714
    Proud of you! Hang in there!
    You've done a great thing!!!!
    7fourteen likes this.

Thanks so much Ming! Can't tell how great full I am. You really helped keep me going when at certain times I thought how easy it would be to stop the WD's. Only hope I can help others as you have. This site has been a tremendous help. I have felt pretty good the last couple days. Once I start sleeping I know that will be such a natural high, it will be unbelievable. Thanks again!

Atrockbottom is offline Member

714 Hey homie Ming and you saved me too! 8 days off sub bro! Done!!

So proud of you Rock! I really have enjoyed coming to this site when I get home and read success stories. Especially from people who were going through it pretty bad just weeks before.
    Atrockbottom likes this.