Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Jbm1
    JBM1 is offline Junior Member

Default Jbm1

New here just got put on suboxon 9 days ago 2/8 mgs a day now I see that's too high I've dropped to 12 mgs trying to follow taper just get a little confused I'm a recovering addict from coc 6 years clean let hydro get out of controll from Operation want to stop this before it gets out of controll more than it is. I don't do withdraw well just a typical addict needing all the support I can get I'm willing to listen and I know that's the first step God Bless u guys for what yall do Thaks JBM 1

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

I am tapering sub too on day 3 at 0.75mg from 24 mg ..
    It has taken me a couple of months to taper ..
    I have been on it a total of 6.5 months and didn't start really tapering till sept..
    We are a group of us tapering together using Roberts taper..
    You drop 25% every 4 days or until you are stable.
    Stable mean little to no withdrawals..
    I dropped every 4 days until I got to around 1mg than stayed at those dose a few more days then when stable dropped..
    100s have succeeded on this taper and some will come along on here to help you .
    While you are tapering there are things you can do to help ..
    Check out the Thomas Receipe on here for suggestions..
    Although it recommends a benzo it is not even an option for some of us . Me included..

When I was at 24 then to 12 then to 6mg with no effects..
    This drug is strange less is more ..
    Hard for an addict to believe but I feel so much better now at this lower dose..
    So welcome and please keep posting!
    Take care
    Team taper rockin it 1 day at a time!
    Iluv2

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBM1 View Post
    New here just got put on suboxon 9 days ago 2/8 mgs a day now I see that's too high I've dropped to 12 mgs trying to follow taper just get a little confused I'm a recovering addict from coc 6 years clean let hydro get out of controll from Operation want to stop this before it gets out of controll more than it is. I don't do withdraw well just a typical addict needing all the support I can get I'm willing to listen and I know that's the first step God Bless u guys for what yall do Thaks JBM 1

If I were you only being on the subs about 9 days I would reduce to 8mg right away, remain there from 4-7 days, then follow the taper plan of 25% reductions every 4 or so days. You can reduce a bit faster and by larger amounts when your dose is real high in most cases. That 8mg will hold you just fine I promise!
    Iluv2smile and Iwantoff2013 like this.

I will reduce tomm. To eight/ four 2 times a day right then I'll reduce every 4-5 days there after thanks for your advice just wanna get it done and back to soberity God Bless u guys for taking the time to help out
    Ednies and Iluv2smile like this.

I've got 27 -8 mgs left I'll get a last script from doc and not share my plan with him that way I've got plenty to do taper? thanks

Randy 35 thanks for the advice less is better sometimes I feel fine that's morning dropping to 4 mg twice a day
    Randy35 likes this.

Not a very good text speller all is good on the 4mg twice a day I think I feel better thanks Randy35 for the solid advice

Hey JBM1 - You will feel just fine taking 4 mgs TWICE a day. That's a LOT of sub, and if you believe you aren't stable, it's probably your head messin with you. That happens quite often actually! Sub is considered a "less is more" drug, meaning the lower in dose you get the better you usually feel. I felt just as fine on 2mg for example as I did on 6-8mg. Crazy how this strong drug works!!!

I would suggest you remain on the 8mg for around 4-7 days as I mentioned earlier. Then you would begin your taper to get off. Make 25% dose reductions every 4 days, or when you feel "stable" or real comfortable. Don't get in a hurry to reduce if you're NOT stable, problems can and usually will occur and you don't want that.

Be patient and trust the process. Worked for me and many, many others here. Members will follow and guide you all the way. Lots of experience and support all for you!

-Randy
    Iluv2smile and Iwantoff2013 like this.

K I'll follow plan I think anxiety builds off itself if thatakes sense what about Wellbutrin or other supplements that I need shoot me a list and I'll get them thank randy35 I really do thank u for the support
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Randy35 hey I still feel fine on 8 mg a day a little hyper but nothing to bad hell I'm hyper anyway lol. Well we see how next couple days go and decide on a move then Randy do u think b12 or anything would help or just eat healthy and stay the course thanks my friend for the help

Hey randy35 all is well so far I was just wandering ur take on me being short term saboxon user if I follow plan it should be a fairly mild ride down I know nothing of the drug except what yall have explained . Thanks for ur input

Randy35 hey I still feel fine on 8 mg a day a little hyper but nothing to bad hell I'm hyper anyway lol. Well we see how next couple days go and decide on a move then Randy do u think b12 or anything would help or just eat healthy and stay the course thanks my friend for the help

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you before now. I've been so caught up in meetings at work my head is spinning! Lol. I average 6-7 meetings a week! Had 3 meetings TODAY!!! Yukkkk!!! Lol. But it's a job!!!

Glad to hear you're doing well. I knew you would - that 8mgs is a LOT of sub and should hold ANYONE taking that amount. I would remain there a few more days to give your system plenty of time to adjust then you could begin your taper and get off. We'll help you all the way. Maybe 3-4 more days then start the taper process is MY suggestion.

As far as the vitamin B12 I think it's a great idea personally. In fact I take the B12 along with B6 and B Complex. They kinda form a team that really helps your overall health, confirmed by my doctor.

If you can get some extra protein in that also is tremendous benefit to you both during the taper, and after you're off the sub. Eat foods high in protein and maybe get some good protein skakes in you each day. I bet you really notice the difference if you do that.

Exercise will help you the MOST in my opinion. If you can do ANYTHING that gets your body moving like walking, swimming, biking, climbing stairs, walking/running in place, etc, etc, etc. Whatever you can do based on your physical condition will not be a waste of time I promise. It helps get those natural endorphins firing that have been surpressed by the drugs for so long. Once they begin working again you'll feel lots better!!! Stay as busy as you possibly can!

Keep posting how you're doing. It helps us to keep an eye on things and helps you emotionally. It honestly helps a ton to post here!! Take care and we'll chat again soon!

-Randy
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

All is good plan to reduce to 4 mg Monday that's a little less than 25% of 6 I'm currently taking . Will that be ok Randy 35 or should I take 4.5 .wanna do it correct I would appreciate feedback from those who know God bless and thanks again for support

I'm sorry I get confused easy but I am taking 8 / 2-4 twice a day I will reduce to 6 on Monday sorry about the post being missleading but I'm on the correct dose I'll post after I go to 6 and let u know how it is thanks for ur patience God Bless

Doing good here . I made the mistake of reading some other threads they were so negative about getting off . I believe me being such a short term sub user and already started to work myself down after only 7 days of use I'll be fine Randy 35 has been a positive and great help with my taper . I pray all that bs is exactly that and I can do this with little withdraws God Bless to those who truly try to help people
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Jb
    This is so much a mental battle..
    I know some post every little thing they go through..
    That scared me at first too but on the flip side I also think it's just lets people know if anyone goes through those bad times they are not alone ..
    Plus later on they can go back and see how far they have come..

Plus I am not naive enough to think this is gonna be completely pain free..
    Not possible but we are so fortunate to find a way that has been done successfully ..
    Many people never get there..
    You are doing great!
    Knowledge is power..
    The stronger we are mentally the easier it will be..
    It is work..
    But that was work too..
    Using to live and living to use!
    No thank you. Right?
    Keep on Keepin on...
    Iluv2

Thanks luv2smile I needed that support I know it's going to be work but I used coc I V for 30 years and this just so different in the withdraw stage I'll stay open and listen thanks for reply I needed that God Bless U
    Iluv2smile likes this.

All is good plan to reduce to 4 mg Monday that's a little less than 25% of 6 I'm currently taking . Will that be ok Randy 35 or should I take 4.5 .wanna do it correct I would appreciate feedback from those who know God bless and thanks again for support

Hey JBM - Sorry I've been MIA the last few days. Just been VERY busy as usual. Sure wish I had more time to post, but that's the way she goes sometimes.

You're doing awesome my friend. You have the RIGHT attitude to be successful with this process. I posted on the thread of TG's the other day about reducing by 25% all the time for a successful and usually pain free taper. The only time I didn't personally taper by 25% was when I got my dose down to 2mg. At that point I didn't want to deal with figuring and cutting up crazy dose amounts so I just made my reductions all .25mg at that point. Went from 2mg to 1.75mg to 1.5mg then 1.25mg, then 1mg and .75mg and so on until I was down to .125mg and then jumped. It worked great for me. NOT saying you or anyone else should do it THAT way, but it's just another option.

Another thing is when you're reducing your dose you'll sometime end up with weird fraction numbers. What you should do in that case is "round off" that number to the next higher amount usually. An example might be going from 2.25mg by 25% would equal a dose of 1.68mg. Hard to get that dose exactly so just round it off to 1.75mg. That's the ONLY reason I reduced by .25mg once I got to 2mg.

Just follow the plan JB. And reduce ONLY when stable or feeling symptom-free. If you get in a hurry and reduce even though you aren't ready the problems or symptoms you might have will usually follow you the rest of the way as you attempt to get off. It isn't worth it I promise you. Your body will let you know when the time is right to reduce your dose. Might take 4 days one time and 5,6 or7 days on the next dose. This isn't a race to the finish line. All you have to do is finish.

It will happen when it's suppose to happen!

And Iluv2 is absolutely correct - so much of this is mental. Your head gets in the way lots of times telling you to do this or try that. Try not to overthink things. Let the process happen naturally. You'll be much happier that way. Keep doing what you're doing. It goes much quicker than you think it does!!!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Hey Randy I'm going to tell a funny on myself. Ben dosing at 4 mg twice a day noticed I was putting dose in lip like a dip of snuff instead of under my tounge . Probly not as effective that way but I've had no withdraws started with 3 mg twice a day this morning . Could be a good thing shows a lot of the withdraw symptoms are in our heads . Thought u would get a kick out of that anyway all is good and God Bless U my friends
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Dropped from 8 mg to 6 Ben there a couple days now and everything is good so far 5 days In between my reducing seems to work for me so far just wanted to post some positive feedback on this reduction plan of 25% it's going to work for me because I stay focused on positive things and stay busy God Bless all that are involved helping people get Thier lives back
    Randy35 and Iwantoff2013 like this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Dropped from 8 mg to 6 Ben there a couple days now and everything is good so far 5 days In between my reducing seems to work for me so far just wanted to post some positive feedback on this reduction plan of 25% it's going to work for me because I stay focused on positive things and stay busy God Bless all that are involved helping people get Thier lives back
    Good to hear your taper is progressing. Yep, staying busy and having a positive attitude are probably two of the most important things during a taper. It will make all the difference. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing.

Kat
    Randy35 likes this.

Hey Randy I'm going to tell a funny on myself. Ben dosing at 4 mg twice a day noticed I was putting dose in lip like a dip of snuff instead of under my tounge . Probly not as effective that way but I've had no withdraws started with 3 mg twice a day this morning . Could be a good thing shows a lot of the withdraw symptoms are in our heads . Thought u would get a kick out of that anyway all is good and God Bless U my friends

That's hilarious, JB!!! Lol. I can just picture it now! Yeah, probably not as effective as under the tongue, but sub is so strong and a little tiny bit makes a LOT of difference!!!

Try not to read all those horror stories because in most cases they were on very high doses for very long periods of time. That makes it all the more difficult at the finish line. And what may be "horrible" for someone else may not be much of anything for YOU!!!

If you follow the taper plan closely and get your dose down as low as possible you will experience the least amount of symptoms.

Have to realize your body, brain, and system are all going through quite a change and it takes tome and not suppose to be the easiest of things to accomplish. If you follow the plan and suggestions given to you it will all work out in the end.

Let us know how you're doing today. Few more days at 6mg then reduce to 4.5mg and repeat the same process of reducing by 25% every 4 or so days!

Doing GREAT JB!!!

-Randy

All is good today a little more anxiety than before but that's ok still on 3 mg twice a day I'll drop to 4.5 Saturday thanks for ur support have a good day

Hey Randy had set back anxiety got bad and I took 4 mg twice yesterday I know it's not a excuse just is what it is do I go to 3 mg and stay until stable and then move on just the one day of 4 instead of 3 mg thanks bud

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Randy had set back anxiety got bad and I took 4 mg twice yesterday I know it's not a excuse just is what it is do I go to 3 mg and stay until stable and then move on just the one day of 4 instead of 3 mg thanks bud
    Your drop from 6mg should be to 4.5mg. Since you took a total of 8mg yesterday, you may want to spend a couple more days at 6mg just to make sure all is well. Once you're sure you're stable, drop to 4.5mg. It should work out just fine despite your hiccup from yesterday.

Have a good Sunday!
    Kat
    Randy35 likes this.

There will ALWAYS be excuses/reasons to take more sub. Try not to give into them. It's a fight sometimes, but we have to remember our main goal is getting OFF all addictive drugs. When we take a larger amount or mess up even once it can set us back further and not what we want to happen. I know you realize that now.

Do just as Kat suggested, reduce to 4.5mg perday from a 6mg daily dose. It may take you a few extra days on that dose as your system adjusts from the extra you took as again Kat mentioned. I would give it at LEAST 4-5 full days and then see how you feel.

You'll be right back on track.

-Randy

I just wanted to chime in about extra sub..
    It is so strange because we think we will take extra sub to feel better and it does nothing !
    It is just insane to do that..
    I was doing it too in the beginning I thought maybe I would feel better..
    The sad part I was already feeling 90% better than I was on my doc..

I finally just lets the thought go .
    Do something else..
    It will pass that craving or that need to fix something in me feeling..
    Thank god now suboxone is usually the last thing I think of instead of the first..
    You are doing great..
    Your attitude will help because this is most definitely a mental battle..
    Take care
    Iluv2
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Thanks yall I'll stabilize then get back on schedule a big step for me is being honest with myself and I did that . God Bless for the support
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

All is well back on 6 mg for a couple more days then I'll drop. Seem to have a little clamy feeling about twice a day not really sweats may be from anything not particularly withdraws . Started b12 and protein shake need to give that a few days to kick in. I have to work hard on my mindset of not needing more sub think I'm back on trac though . Wish everyone Merry Christmas and remember the true meaning of our Christ the Savior

You are doing great!
    We like to blame everything on withdrawal when it might have nothing to do with it..
    It is hard to get out of the habit to take more when we feel the need to fix something inside of us..
    As most of us have found out the hard way nothing that we take will fix our insides..
    It is an inside job..
    I finally got it a few months ago anything over a few milligrams of sub is a waste..
    As usual we learn the hard way!
    Take care
    Congratulations!
    Iluv2
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast