Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By plzfreeme
Jumping off .5 mg of suboxone.. need support
    jESUSSaves91 is offline New Member

Default Jumping off .5 mg of suboxone.. need support

i have been taking suboxone for about 9 months or so and have started at 8 and got down to .5 mg with slight withdrawls. I was addicted to OP 80s and would eat at least one every day sometimes up to 6. Straight Junkie status.... i did alot of bad things to feed my habits and THANK JESUS for his help and taking my addictions away.. he is the real deal and would have never been able to stop my addictions without his saving grace and mercy. i just want some support and see if other people have gone through similiar taper and what not. Im about 36 hours into it and aM feeling not terrible but not great. thanks

today is going ALOT rougher please keep me in yalls prayers.. i dont want to take that poison anymore.. how long you think before ill be feeling better? it isnt as bad as full blown opiate withdrawl but i feel like i have the flu

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jESUSSaves91 View Post
    i have been taking suboxone for about 9 months or so and have started at 8 and got down to .5 mg with slight withdrawls. I was addicted to OP 80s and would eat at least one every day sometimes up to 6. Straight Junkie status.... i did alot of bad things to feed my habits and THANK JESUS for his help and taking my addictions away.. he is the real deal and would have never been able to stop my addictions without his saving grace and mercy. i just want some support and see if other people have gone through similiar taper and what not. Im about 36 hours into it and aM feeling not terrible but not great. thanks
    If you have any left you might want to consider dropping down to .25 befor jumping

Alex

thanks boss for the reply i greatly appreciate it, yeah after about 50 some hours i couldnt take it any longer, i took a .25 sliver and feel better today, im gonna try to skip another 2 or 3 days and see if i can make it out, how long you think i should go before taking another .25? do i need to level out at this dose or you tink i should keep skipping days?

just looking for advice from normal people, i know yall arent docs

plzfreeme is offline Junior Member

I tapered down to .5 and then spent about 2 weeks skipping days and only taking the tiniest crumble to alleviate wd. I jumped almost 5 months ago. The early days were more physical discomfort. Do you have a supportive dr? I did and he prescribed trazadone and clonidine for that first 7 days and it really helped to be able to get hours of sleep. I did swap to ambien for week 2. I think by week 2 I was able to swap to Tylenol pm. His logic was some withdrawal is to be expected but the goal is to manage that acute withdrawal phase so that the patient doesn't go back to opiates or buprenorphine. Sleep, exercise, and nutrition are very important in those early days. Do you exercise? I started a rigorous workout routine about 120 days before jumping completely. My advice is to take it as slow as needed. Relapse is worst case scenario. Get in the right frame of mind and get your body prepared. There are plenty of success stories. My thread is "tapered to .5mg now comes the hard part". I am 100% recovered today. I was on sub much longer than you and that time away from my active addiction allowed me years of mental healing. So all that to say good luck. You can do this. You are in control.
    alexnt likes this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jESUSSaves91 View Post
    thanks boss for the reply i greatly appreciate it, yeah after about 50 some hours i couldnt take it any longer, i took a .25 sliver and feel better today, im gonna try to skip another 2 or 3 days and see if i can make it out, how long you think i should go before taking another .25? do i need to level out at this dose or you tink i should keep skipping days?
    Most people dose at least 4 days on the dose then start the skipping days. Makes the jump a little easier.

Alex

thanks so much guys, thats some great advice, i got 2 more days on .25 then ill start skipping days again, and apreciate the heads up and support for real, im so close to be done, and yeah my doc is not any help besides he prescribed me some trazadone i plan to take during the early days of skipping, i dont work out but ill be working outside after memorial day and have access to a pool, i will certainly try some swimming to help with sleep, thanks again guys

Hey guys, i jumped of .25 mg after stabilizing for about 3-4 days, aleve and immodium helped alot through the early part of it. i am completely off the medicine and its not as bad as you think it will be!!! the feeling you get when its out of your system is un-comparible! ive been off it for over 3 weeks and im about 120 lbs super fast metabolism. it might be over a month for people with slower metabolisms but its extremely worth it to have a clear mind! thats the way The Lord ment us to be. Just remember everyday you feel bad your closer to feeling better, i hope this thread helps

secretlife is offline Junior Member

That helps alot!!! I'm so glad you are off subs!! I'm well on my way!!