Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
Just starting to taper
    allinpapa is offline New Member

Default Just starting to taper

Just a lil about my road ...iam 53 and be on 80 mg oxycontin 2times a day and 2 30 oxycodone for about 10 yrs 6 mos ago got put on suboxone 16 mg been sick ever since .last wednesday the doctor said iam gonna detox you here is some meds take these to detox i was at 8mg and i knew i was to high dose to detox .well short story i was in the er in 24 hrs got sent back home .took 4mg sub to stop w/d which it did n time .so here iam thanks to finding this site and reading .i think you all can help me get tru this.i start to taper at 8 mg ,4mg am 4 mg tonight . i know iam in for a long ride but iam tru with subs ...any help wood be nice i have read the roberts plan .just got tofigure how to feel a lil better .i know its no cake walk...need to know if iam starting out on the right foot .thanks in advance for the help...

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by allinpapa View Post
    Just a lil about my road ...iam 53 and be on 80 mg oxycontin 2times a day and 2 30 oxycodone for about 10 yrs 6 mos ago got put on suboxone 16 mg been sick ever since .last wednesday the doctor said iam gonna detox you here is some meds take these to detox i was at 8mg and i knew i was to high dose to detox .well short story i was in the er in 24 hrs got sent back home .took 4mg sub to stop w/d which it did n time .so here iam thanks to finding this site and reading .i think you all can help me get tru this.i start to taper at 8 mg ,4mg am 4 mg tonight . i know iam in for a long ride but iam tru with subs ...any help wood be nice i have read the roberts plan .just got tofigure how to feel a lil better .i know its no cake walk...need to know if iam starting out on the right foot .thanks in advance for the help...

Welcome!

Yeah, the reason you were originally so sick is because you were on way too much Suboxone. Theres no one that requires 16 mg of sub. No one. It's extremely powerful and.a little bit goes a long, long way. What's done is done and now you can get off in a timely manner if you'll agree to follow the taper plan that thousands have successfully followed. Here's the link to the plan below, called Robert's Taper Plan....

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Skip down to the taper section and read through it carefully. Basically you reduce your dose by 25% every 4-7 days. You never reduce if you aren't stable on the current dose because symptoms can follow you the rest of the taper. Wait until you're stable with little or no wd's then reduce by 25% to the next dose and repeat that process until you're down to at least .25mg (1/4 of 1mg) per day.

Ask all the questions you have. Help is here for you.

Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-13-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks randy
    thats what my plan is take one day at a time ..
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Allinpapa
    Yes, welcome! You've made a good choice and wound up at the perfect place! Do what Randy says and what the Taper Plan indicates. You can succeed! Take it step by step. No rush. Do it right and u never have to do this ever again!
    Post whenever you like. We're here for you!
    allinpapa likes this.

thank you .i know i can get the right help here .never want to do this again ....

Wink

Hello everyone
    Well still going I just got down to taking 2mg in the morning and I'll take 2 mg tonight hope I have not been going to fast but so far ok I figure after this step I will go slower .just wanted to let you all know how things are going just been tired in the afternoons. Hope everyone has a great day. .....
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hello everyone
    Well still going I just got down to taking 2mg in the morning and I'll take 2 mg tonight hope I have not been going to fast but so far ok I figure after this step I will go slower .just wanted to let you all know how things are going just been tired in the afternoons. Hope everyone has a great day. .....

Hey Papa!

Yep, definitely time to put on the brakes a bit. Just 5 days ago you were on 8mg per day and now you're taking 4mg daily. That's a big reduction. There was a step in between which would have been 6mg per day. But not to worry because you have quite a build up of sub in your system due to the time you've been on the Suboxone, along with the higher dose you've been taking and that will hold off wd symptoms . So you can get away with the drop from 8mg to 4mg daily, but I caution you not to push a reduction more than 25% from this point on. Now is the time to slow down and make certain you're stable before reducing further. Once your system accepts the 4mg per day and levels out (after at least 4 days) and you are feeling ok reduce to 3mg daily. Spend at least 4 days on that dose and if stable reduce to 2.25mg and so on. Just don't get in a hurry because that's when problems develop.

Also Suboxone can keep some people awake or interfere with sleep so you might not want to take it too close to bedtime. If it does then you might want to try taking it earlier. Take your doses about 8-10 hours apart seeing as you're splitting them. No problem splitting doses, but we suggest once you're down under 1mg per day that you dose just once daily. This helps you mentally prepare being off the subs for good.

Doing great Papa!

Randy

HELLO EVERYBODY ANOTHER UPDATE HOPE THIS MAY HELP SOMEONE .
    Well just got down to 1.5 mg in the am and ill take 1.5 in the pm so far its going good .i know got a long way togo but iam getting there .thanks for the support randy ...
    Lvg nghtmare and Ming23 like this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

You're doing great!!! Keep up the good work! Don't rush it just like randy said. I made the jump 16 days ago from 1 mg a day that I was tapering for months from 16 mg/day for 4.5 years. I gotta say it hasn't been a cake walk by any means. I know I made the jump from a high dose and I wish I had done more research before to get a better taper plan. But it's in the past now I feel better. I know it's not completely over and I probably got about a week or two of feeling on and off. But everyone says that it will pass with time. Just keep reminding yourself why you're doing this and you will stay strong. It's gonna be rough. But keep tapering yourself down and you'll be fine. You can do this!!! Ask as many questions as you need to. Everyone on this site is great!!!! We got you!!! Good luck, take it a day at a time.
    Ming23 likes this.

thanks ,iam going to take it one day at a time iam in no rush i only want to do this once.glad to hear your doing good i know it aint no cake walk .i am not going to jump untill iam at .25 or below i have the time and a great support group at home that anyone could ask for .as i go tru this and the lower i get the more powerful i see how this drug is and wounder why they start people out so high knowing how hard it is to get off of....
    Ming23 likes this.

thanks ,iam going to take it one day at a time iam in no rush i only want to do this once.glad to hear your doing good i know it aint no cake walk .i am not going to jump untill iam at .25 or below i have the time and a great support group at home that anyone could ask for .as i go tru this and the lower i get the more powerful i see how this drug is and wounder why they start people out so high knowing how hard it is to get off of....
    Hey Papa
    The doctor follows the pharmaceutical company's recommendation on subs and 16 mg a day is standard. I too was prescribed 8 mg twice a day! Lol But the doctor doesn't know any better. And they don't expect us to ever get off subs! The ruling bodies who determine drug policies see subs as the gold standard of dealing with addicted bodies. That's why they don't care if it's difficult to kick subs--they figure it's better to have folks on subs than opiates.
    But we know better. Both suck. Lol
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-04-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Hey papa. Just wanted to see how things are going with your progress.

Hello thanks for asking ,iam still going ,i drop down to 1mg in the am and 1.5 in the pm today so we will see how that does for 3 days ,and go from there .it has not been to bad so far i keep waiting for it to get worse but i take one day at a time ,iam just waqndering when would be the best time to start dosing just one time aday.i know they recomend at 1mg .
    Ming23 and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Hey
    It should actually get better not worse on the lower doses! Less is more with subs. Funny drug. So don’t worry about it getting worse! You’re doing great! Drink a lot of water now as subs dehydrate the body! Proud of you...

Well made it tru the weekend hope everybody had a good weekend ,still going strong cant wait untill iam done with this S.H.I.T
    ....HELLO MONDAY....
    Ming23 and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Hey papa. Glad things are going good for you. Glad you made it through the weekend and still staying strong. Keep a positive outlook. It's all in your head. You can do this and soon enough you will be free of this nasty drug. Keep your head up and keep reminding yourself why you are doing this. It will get better with time I promise. Proud of you bossman.

Beef

well just a lil up date for everybody things are going good so far .iam at 1.75 aday its getting hard for me to go 12 hrs in between since i have got down to 1.75 so thinking about going to 10 hrs in between dosing ,looking for thoughts on this.hope everybody is doing good in the own way of getting off of this poweful drug ....thanks

Tapering sux theres no way getting around it. If you need to spend a few extra days to stabilize go ahead. Remember that there's no rush. Do it right so you only have to do it once. Keep posting and ask as many questions as you need to. This drug is crazy strong. We are all here to help you through this. You can do this!!! Keep up the good work!!! I see that a little over a month ago you were taking 8mg a day. That's over a 75% reduction. You are doing an amazing job!!!

Beef
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-19-2017 at 08:41 PM.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hello thanks for the input beef.i understand that tapering sux and i plan on only doing it once and only once ,the only problem i have this week is my stomach is aching as a bad stomach ach. and my shoulders and bischps i had mirco surgery on my left shoulder 3 mos ago and its still in a lot of pain and the right bischp feels like it has a tear in it ...i guess i pick a bad time to do this but it is what it is ..i hope in another month i should be down to 0 on my tapper then can go from there ,Thankx for the support.
    Ming23 likes this.

Hey papa. Sorry you're hurting. I know that when I was tapering and made my jump I started feeling every little bump and bruise I'd gotten over the past 7-8 years. Got a few slipped and compressed disks in my back and apparently I've picked up a tennis elbow. Even though I've never played a game of tennis in my life. It just seems that now that I'm not walking around in a drug induced haze I am feeling all these bumps and bruises just more and more. I do have to say though that this is better!!! I feel like I'm taking my life back. As for the stomach issues have you tried immodium? Really helped me over these past 5 weeks. You're doing so good on your taper. Keep up the good work. You can do this!!! Keep posting, ask as many questions as you need to. Everyone is here to help and support you. Stay strong!!

Beef
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-23-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Hello everybody things are going ok i am down to a .5 in the am and a .5 in the pm now so far so good just wandering when i should try and go to once aday .no want to screw this up now that i can see the end of the tunnel.....

That's amazing! Keep it going. The General consensus is that once you get below 1mg/day start dosing only once at the same time every day in the morning. I'm glad it's going well for you. How are those stomach issues treating you? Keep it going you're doing amazing!! Proud of you!!!

Stay strong
    Beef

Hello ,the stomach is still groweling but nothing to bad ,i think iam gonna wait untill iam stable at 1mg b4 i go to once aday twice aday has been great for me so far .then ill take it from there ...thank for the support its been along month half and i dont want to go backwards.its a long road but a good road .

Hello well things are not going as i would have hope they would its seems i have hit a road block now that iam trying to get stable at .5 in they am and .5 in the pm its just not working .its only lasting about 7 hrs then iam in w/d trying to get to the 12 hr.the pain is severe where i had my three surgerys the last sugery on my back was 10 yrs ago .looking for thoughts should i go back up or should i starting dosing every 8 hrs? thanks in advance...

Hello well things are not going as i would have hope they would its seems i have hit a road block now that iam trying to get stable at .5 in they am and .5 in the pm its just not working .its only lasting about 7 hrs then iam in w/d trying to get to the 12 hr.the pain is severe where i had my three surgerys the last sugery on my back was 10 yrs ago .looking for thoughts should i go back up or should i starting dosing every 8 hrs? thanks in advance...
    i was also wandering since my shoulder where i had surgery in june of this is really hurting at this level if the sub has been covering up the pain where there is a real problem and now that iam this low its showing the problem cause iam in severe pain.......in my back too
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-05-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Hey papa. Once you get to 1 mg and below thats when it starts to get rough. Gotta grit your teeth and get through it. I'm sorry you're in pain. What's your pain level at? Have you considered other options for the pain? When was the last time you got a checkup? I started taking Aleve once a day and it definately helps with my back. Don't feel bad if you need a few extra days to get stable. Keep going you are doing amazing!! Keep drinking tons of water and Gatorade. Keep your head up big guy. Soon this will all be behind you!!!!

Keep us updated!
    We are here to support you!!
    Stay strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thanks beef my pain level is at 8 .when iam 8 hrs into my dose iam taking ibphofen ,dont seem to help.i seen my pc just b4 i started to tapper, he has aways told me my pain in my back was cause i was on so much oxycotin ,but everytime i tryed to go lower my back pain would do what its doing right now .i think they hit a nerve when they took the hardware out of my back.and the damaged has been covered up with oxycontin...ill keep going like i am .i took a lil piece today just to get the extra 4 hrs in ...
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Well good morning everybody ,Hope everybody is doing good .today i feel better i think i getting over this flu bug i have gotten from my grandkids ,was a rough week fighting it along with detoxing this stuff had to make a couple changes in my dosing but what the hey .iam still going strong still at .5 am and .5 pm but instead of 12hrs iam at 10 hrs just to keep me out of so much pain .untill iam stable the i will reduice no hurry here ....i just want to think everyone who has supported me this far .hope this helps anyone satrting out you can do it .It just takes time ....
    Beefaroni7272 and UncleLeo like this.

Hey papa. Glad you're feeling better. Keep up the good work my friend. Just keep ' t rolling. And if you need a few extra days to stabilize that's ok. No big deal. 1mg / day is where it starts to get aa bit harry. But you can do this!! You have come so far. Just remember what is coming to you before drugs. Keep us posted my friend!!

Stay strong
    Beef.
    allinpapa likes this.

well hello all .
    well i took the plunge and swtich over to dosing once aday today after 9 days on .5 twice aday,so far so good will have to see what happens in the am 15 hrs in right now.if i can get to sleep i think i can make it to the am .i just thought it was time to go for it ...looking for the end of the tunnel i can see the light ...cant wait to be off of this ..as long as the back pain goes with it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast