Limited subs, still want to get sober.
    Anonymous Guest

Default Limited subs, still want to get sober.

Hello guys,

I only have 5 suboxone 8mg strips, and 2 generic subutex 8mg pills. However, I would still like to use these to help me get sober. I do not have access to any more for another 2 weeks. Can I get some help planning on how to use these? Ideally I'd like to taper these, and since I only have a limited amount I'm aware I may still feel withdrawal symptoms. That's fine, but it shouldn't be as bad as cold turkey. I've had a rather large Rx problem due to a degenerative back disease but once the script started I exaggerated the pain to get higher dosages. I hate these things and want them out of my life.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

James19871 is offline Member

Checkout the sticky thread "suboxone therapy" on the suboxone forum. It's the very first thread, above yours. This should get you the information you need.

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I did read that post and it led my to post my own topic because it stated that I should hold a dose for 4 days before reducing it. I have enough for 2 weeks at a low dose of 4mg, which isn't a whole lot, and doesn't allow me much wiggle room for tapering. I was hoping maybe somebody was in a situation similar to me before and could advise on a modified taper schedule.

Thank you

Anonymous Guest

What I came up with was:

Day 1: 8mg
    Day 2: 8mg
    Day 3: 6mg
    Day 4: 6mg
    Day 5: 4mg
    Day 6: 4mg
    Day 7: 4mg
    Day 8: 4mg
    Day 9: 2mg
    Day 10: 2mg
    Day 11: 2mg
    Day 12: 2mg
    Day 13: 1mg
    Day 14: 1mg
    Day 15: 1mg
    Day 16: 1mg

Would this be sufficient to keep withdrawal at bay and also not get addicted to buprenorphine at the same time?

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutB View Post
    Hello guys,

I only have 5 suboxone 8mg strips, and 2 generic subutex 8mg pills. However, I would still like to use these to help me get sober. I do not have access to any more for another 2 weeks. Can I get some help planning on how to use these? Ideally I'd like to taper these, and since I only have a limited amount I'm aware I may still feel withdrawal symptoms. That's fine, but it shouldn't be as bad as cold turkey. I've had a rather large Rx problem due to a degenerative back disease but once the script started I exaggerated the pain to get higher dosages. I hate these things and want them out of my life.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
    Hey ScoutB
    What were u taking and how much and for how long? Maybe u don't need subs at all. They should be the last resort for a pill detox. Let us know more details if u like. You could be clean in One week off the pills. Check out Catrina's thread.
    Post when u like