Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Like Tree367Likes
Longtime Sub abuser, Gettin' my taper on...rapidly..
    Anonymous Guest

Buck has 12 wks today off subs.

Congrats pup from many of us!

Marian

Anonymous33 is offline Senior Member

Woohoo! Congrats man! I miss you!
    BlackKats likes this.

BlackKats is offline Member

My man Buckaroo has three months offa da suboxone?..... Outstanding! Semper Fidelis my online comrade. Always strong...always loyal.....Hoooraaah!!

BlackIceKats
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-04-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    alexnt likes this.

Anonymous Guest

90 days for our Buck now.....

Who's going to be clean for his baby boy's birth?

Good job pup!

Marian
    alexnt likes this.

IN4ITTTT is offline Senior Member

Gonna try this again...last post was deleted and dunno why ..No swears. I know better. Congrats darling....90 days....no joke...you should be proud...you know I am....xoxo Rutter bucket

<3 Lisa

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Buck if you read this i wanted to congrat you on the birth of your son and 100 days clean my friend
    Alex

BlackKats is offline Member

Buck!!!!
    Congratulations on the new arrival & the on going clean time. You da man. Semper Fi, dawg! Grrrr.....

BlackAzzKats
    alexnt likes this.

Julayne11 is offline New Member

Wait buck eye 13. You had only one night with no sleep and no WD? That gives me hope. I have surfed the web for weeks and I'm so shocked and scared. You know if I can kick methadone I can kick subs!

Dont know if you still check this site out but if you do i hope all is well with you and family.

Alex
    whatsinaname likes this.

hairyjock78 is offline New Member

My name is Danny. I was on >>>>>> and any other opiates I could get my hands on for 5-6 years. Habit of about average $200+ a day. Then when I woke up in hospital after being found in a Starbucks restroom I knew that this was the last overdose I was gonna have. Thanks to my wife's insurance I went straight to a psychiatrist who could prescribe me suboxone. With the total severity of my habit he told me he wanted me to go on 32mg per day. Wether that's too much I don't care. The point is I am reducing my dose now without any advice from my doctor. I just know that like my brother who was on a very high dose of methadone my brain was saturated with opiates so coming down 8mg would do nothing. Which it didn't. This month I'm coming down to two tablets per day. It may be different it may not. I don't care. The point is, trying to find good advice on tapering off is a good idea but if you think for one second that you can come off a habit and treatment similar to mine quickly and without discomfort you are wrong. Have you ever had a cold turkey? I mean a real one! When you are in so much pain you just want to die. You can't stop puking and >>>>ting and hallucinating. All you want to do is sleep but that is impossible. And when you do you don't even know you are and there are demons everywhere every minute of the day. And so on. If you are similar to my story then please take your time. It will be worth it. Personally I am gonna get down to 4 mg and stay on it to keep away the craving because I don't want to relapse. Be realistic. You probably will relapse. Not if you stay on a little bit while you keep up with your psychological development. But please everyone don't listen to everyone who says you need to get off it completely. Listen to someone who knows the score. I'm not being arrogant. Just honest. Take your time. Now you're off the gear you got time. Well done!! Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by hairyjock78 View Post
    My name is Danny. I was on >>>>>> and any other opiates I could get my hands on for 5-6 years. Habit of about average $200+ a day. Then when I woke up in hospital after being found in a Starbucks restroom I knew that this was the last overdose I was gonna have. Thanks to my wife's insurance I went straight to a psychiatrist who could prescribe me suboxone. With the total severity of my habit he told me he wanted me to go on 32mg per day. Wether that's too much I don't care. The point is I am reducing my dose now without any advice from my doctor. I just know that like my brother who was on a very high dose of methadone my brain was saturated with opiates so coming down 8mg would do nothing. Which it didn't. This month I'm coming down to two tablets per day. It may be different it may not. I don't care. The point is, trying to find good advice on tapering off is a good idea but if you think for one second that you can come off a habit and treatment similar to mine quickly and without discomfort you are wrong. Have you ever had a cold turkey? I mean a real one! When you are in so much pain you just want to die. You can't stop puking and >>>>ting and hallucinating. All you want to do is sleep but that is impossible. And when you do you don't even know you are and there are demons everywhere every minute of the day. And so on. If you are similar to my story then please take your time. It will be worth it. Personally I am gonna get down to 4 mg and stay on it to keep away the craving because I don't want to relapse. Be realistic. You probably will relapse. Not if you stay on a little bit while you keep up with your psychological development. But please everyone don't listen to everyone who says you need to get off it completely. Listen to someone who knows the score. I'm not being arrogant. Just honest. Take your time. Now you're off the gear you got time. Well done!! Good luck
    Danny you are replying to a thread from several months ago. If you want help on a sub taper then you should start your own thread where you will get responses to. Best of luck to you.

Alex

Buck I don't know if you still check on here or not but if you do I hope all is well with you and your family and hope that you have a very nice Thanksgiving. Your old friend.

Alex
    BuckerG likes this.

BuckerG is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Buck I don't know if you still check on here or not but if you do I hope all is well with you and your family and hope that you have a very nice Thanksgiving. Your old friend.

Alex
    Thanks for the kind words Al....

I'm at 11 months, 10 days....(344 days)

I'm glad to see you're doing well....

Stay thirsty my friends..
    alexnt and Lincolnecho like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckerG View Post
    Thanks for the kind words Al....

I'm at 11 months, 10 days....(344 days)

I'm glad to see you're doing well....

Stay thirsty my friends..
    Good to hear from you my friend. Have thought of you many times over the months and am glad to see all is well with you. Merry Christmas to you and your family buddy.

Alex
    BuckerG and whatsinaname like this.

BuckerG is offline New Member

Who has 2 thumbs and 1 year of clean time?

This guy!

A year ago today I took the jump into freedom. It's crazy that it's been that long already....

People out there...fight through the first hours, days, weeks, and months, and then you can start counting the years. It is do-able if you want it bad enough. Good luck to everybody out there who is fighting for their addiction. It's well worth the fight.

Stay thirsty my friends.
    whatsinaname and Ken2727 like this.

whatsinaname is offline Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Congrats on 1 year!!!! Thats so awesome

Also, thanks for coming and updating so others can see it can be done!!!!
    BuckerG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckerG View Post
    Who has 2 thumbs and 1 year of clean time?

This guy!

A year ago today I took the jump into freedom. It's crazy that it's been that long already....

People out there...fight through the first hours, days, weeks, and months, and then you can start counting the years. It is do-able if you want it bad enough. Good luck to everybody out there who is fighting for their addiction. It's well worth the fight.

Stay thirsty my friends.
    Big congrats to you my friend im very happy to read this. We both made it a year and its great to have you in the 1 year club buddy. Will talk with you later and once again congrats.

Alex
    BuckerG likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi Buck,

I don't think we've ever posted to each other, but I saw your post on Reid's thread about your baby being in the hospital and wanted to say how sorry I am. I have an 18 month old son and can imagine how difficult and heartbreaking it must be for you and your wife.

I pray your little one gets well soon.

Take care.
    Kat
    BuckerG likes this.

Just saw on Reids thread about your son and im very sorry to read that. Praying for a quick recovery for him buddy.

Alex
    BuckerG likes this.

whatsinaname is offline Platinum Member

Im sorry about your son too Hope he has a very speedy recovery!!! Please update us when you can.
    BuckerG likes this.

Ken2727 is offline Senior Member

I also haven't posted to you but want to say your child and family have my best wishes .

Ken
    BuckerG likes this.

Bucker saw on Reids thread where your son is still in the hospital. I am glad to see he was moved out of icu yesterday which is a good sign and see where you hope to have him home for the weekend. I am sure this has been very hard on you and your wife my friend but if you hope to have him home by the weekend it sounds as if he must be much better now. My very best wishes to you and your son and that comes from my heart buddy. keep us updated and I will talk to you later.

Alex
    dago77 likes this.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213