Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 382
Like Tree367Likes
Longtime Sub abuser, Gettin' my taper on...rapidly..
  1. #31
    Kikker is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    i'm really trying to keep u straight Buck and hope u truly understand that. i failed so many times getting clean and know subs fairly well and what can happen if they are "messed" with a bit.

    u said u were taking the sub to "help u get thru bowling" and a "party" even if u didn't mean it exactly like that. what i was getting at is if u were "THINKING" that taking sub for those events could possibly help is addictive thinking and behavior and it has to stop at some point. subs just don't work like that.

    i mentioned the fact that it was commendable to go from 32 mgs to where u are now and i really meant that. but i also know from experience how tricky subs can be, especially at these lower doses. i just don't want u having problems at this very crucial time in the taper.

    hang in there Buck....i just really care is all and want u to be successful with this.
    sdonna68 likes this.

  2. #32
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Updated Dec. 18th...

    My taper so far....


    Before Dec 1st - 24-32ms/day
    Dec 2nd - 16mgs
    Dec 3rd - 16mgs
    Dec 4th - 16mgs
    Dec 5th - 4mgs
    Dec 6th - 4mgs
    Dec 7th - 4mgs
    Dec 8th - 4mgs
    Dec 9th - 4mgs
    Dec 10th - 2mgs
    Dec 11th - 2mgs
    Dec 12th - 2mgs
    Dec 13th - 2mgs
    Dec 14th - 1mg
    Dec 15th - 2mgs (rough day)
    Dec 16th - 1mg
    Dec 17th - 1mg
    Dec 18th - 1mg (today)


    #KickingTheSubInTheButt

  3. #33
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post
    i'm really trying to keep u straight Buck and hope u truly understand that. i failed so many times getting clean and know subs fairly well and what can happen if they are "messed" with a bit.

    u said u were taking the sub to "help u get thru bowling" and a "party" even if u didn't mean it exactly like that. what i was getting at is if u were "THINKING" that taking sub for those events could possibly help is addictive thinking and behavior and it has to stop at some point. subs just don't work like that.

    i mentioned the fact that it was commendable to go from 32 mgs to where u are now and i really meant that. but i also know from experience how tricky subs can be, especially at these lower doses. i just don't want u having problems at this very crucial time in the taper.

    hang in there Buck....i just really care is all and want u to be successful with this.
    I really appreciate that Kikk..

    I'm sticking at 1mg for probably only 1 more day, then I'm going try to drop to .67 because I have some 2's that I'm going to cut into 3 pieces...

    If I don't feel 100% comfortable after tomorrow, I'll cut the 8's down and drop to .75mgs, which would be a 25% reduction...


    Thanks for the support....

    Keep it coming..


    -Buck


    I've taken all of ya'lls advise and I've slowed my role.....I tapered rapidly at 1st because I had so much Sub stored up in my body, it was carrying me through the first 7-10 days....I'm glad I did that too, because I have much less Sub half-life in my system today than I would've if I dropped at a slower rate...


    Also, forgot to mention...I can't post on Sundays and Mondays because I'm off work on those 2 days this time of year and since I'm hidding this Sub usage from everybody, I don't want to be filling my home computer and iPad with Drugs.com addresses (no offense)...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-18-2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: add

  4. #34
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Having trouble shaking the cobwebs this morning but I did sleep well...


    Just sneezed 5X in a row...

    #Orgasmic

  5. #35
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    I took my 1mg dose at about 10;00 and I feel pretty good today...

    I was planing on waiting 1 more day before I made my next drop to let my body adjust a bit more from being a 32mg/day user, but I might do it tomorrow if I'm feeling strong and confident in the early day..

    If not, I'm definetly dropping on Friday. I'm planning on dropping to .67mgs, as I've already prepared a 8mg strip by cutting down to 12 equal parts of .67 each...

    That's a bit more than a 25% drop, but my body has responded well so far with my drops so I'm going to give it a try...

    The plan from there is to .50, then .33, then .25 and possibly start the thoughts of a jump..

    Havn't ruled out going down to .125 and jumping, or skipping days...

    I'll keep ya'll posted. Thanks for the support and wish me luck...

    -Buck

  6. #36
    Kikker is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    well it seems to be working ok for u Buck. the goal right now at the low doses is to listen to ur body and go from there. u will know when it's time to reduce to the next dose. just don't get in a hurry.

    yes, get down to .25 mg before u jump or skip. i have tried ot both ways and for me skipping seemd to be the lesser of any symptoms, but u can of course do it either way.

    if u do decide to go lower than .25 it's certainly to ur advantage to do so. the lower u go the better it will be...

    u have the very best thing going for u in the positive mind. that alone will take u a long ways.

    ur getting there Buck....keep it rockin.....
    Buckeye13 likes this.

  7. #37
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post
    well it seems to be working ok for u Buck. the goal right now at the low doses is to listen to ur body and go from there. u will know when it's time to reduce to the next dose. just don't get in a hurry.

    yes, get down to .25 mg before u jump or skip. i have tried ot both ways and for me skipping seemd to be the lesser of any symptoms, but u can of course do it either way.

    if u do decide to go lower than .25 it's certainly to ur advantage to do so. the lower u go the better it will be...

    u have the very best thing going for u in the positive mind. that alone will take u a long ways.

    ur getting there Buck....keep it rockin.....
    Hey bro...

    I really want to thank you for helping me understand taht I was not going to be able to realistically taper down by Christmas and simply move on with my life (without misery)...

    I was really kickin butt in the early taper because of all of the Sub that I had built up in my system, but as the taper evolved, it started to catch up with me....

    I would highly recomend to others to taper more than 25% in the early going if they are 100% committed to quitting as I am, because you already have so much un-necessary Sub built up in your system that there is no real reason to take more than what's neede, therefor ultimetly building up even more half-life in your system...

    I'm sooo happy that I reduced to 4mgs/day as quickly as I did instead of wasting a month of 27mgs/day, 20mgs/day, to 15mgs/day, to 11.25mgs/day, to 8.5mgs/day, to 6mgs/day, to 4.5mgs/day, etc..

    This is a way to eliminate a month of the taper without putting yourself through ANY withdrawals (for me) and I have put myself in a position now where I'm down to 1mg per day already, and will potentially down to .67mgs/day by Friday at the latest..

    Thank you for helping me understand what I was up against and to help preparring me mentally....

    If I stay on about a 25% drop rate from here on out for 4-5 days, and go down to .125mgs per day before jumping, will I have little to no WDs when I make the jump in yout opinion/expierience?

    Thanks Kikk...


    -Buck

  8. #38
    Kikker is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye13 View Post

    If I stay on about a 25% drop rate from here on out for 4-5 days, and go down to .125mgs per day before jumping, will I have little to no WDs when I make the jump in yout opinion/expierience?

    Thanks Kikk...


    -Buck
    thank u for the very kind words....i'm glad u understood that i have ur best interest in mind with my posts, and want u to be successful with the sub taper.

    i had a feeling u were going to ask, and that's a really tough question to answer Buck.

    as u have probably heard here many times, everyone is different and that is sooo true. each time can be different as well. i used subs a few times and each time was a little different for me as far as symptoms are concerned at the end of the taper.

    ur case and time on subs has been highly irregular. u were on extremely high doses and tapered very fast and with very large reductions. u got away with it, but another person may not have such good fortune. i do agree that if a person is at a very high dose (as in 24-32 mgs) they could taper down by more than 25% in the beginning.

    it usually comes down to how much of the half life remains in the system as to how easy/difficult any withdrawals will, or will not be.

    here is my personal opinion in ur case........
    with the amt u have taken since the 2nd of Dec. (about 80+ mgs and lots more before the 2nd) i still believe u have lots of sub build-up in ur system that has to yet come out. but just as u have tolerated it to this point, u may not have any problems. it's soooo difficult to know at this time.

    i would prefer to say, just "wait and see" what happens. then we can deal with any issues at that time if they do exist. u may after all, just fly right thru it as u have thus far and with ur attitude have no issues at all.

    sorry to be so vague, but it is really a difficult question to answer right now. hope u understand. just take ur time and like i said before listen to ur body and go from there.
    Buckeye13 likes this.

  9. #39
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post
    thank u for the very kind words....i'm glad u understood that i have ur best interest in mind with my posts, and want u to be successful with the sub taper.

    i had a feeling u were going to ask, and that's a really tough question to answer Buck.

    as u have probably heard here many times, everyone is different and that is sooo true. each time can be different as well. i used subs a few times and each time was a little different for me as far as symptoms are concerned at the end of the taper.

    ur case and time on subs has been highly irregular. u were on extremely high doses and tapered very fast and with very large reductions. u got away with it, but another person may not have such good fortune. i do agree that if a person is at a very high dose (as in 24-32 mgs) they could taper down by more than 25% in the beginning.

    it usually comes down to how much of the half life remains in the system as to how easy/difficult any withdrawals will, or will not be.

    here is my personal opinion in ur case........
    with the amt u have taken since the 2nd of Dec. (about 80+ mgs and lots more before the 2nd) i still believe u have lots of sub build-up in ur system that has to yet come out. but just as u have tolerated it to this point, u may not have any problems. it's soooo difficult to know at this time.

    i would prefer to say, just "wait and see" what happens. then we can deal with any issues at that time if they do exist. u may after all, just fly right thru it as u have thus far and with ur attitude have no issues at all.

    sorry to be so vague, but it is really a difficult question to answer right now. hope u understand. just take ur time and like i said before listen to ur body and go from there.
    Makes a lot of sense to me...Hard to gauge how somebody else feels mentally and physically...

    Although I have taken 80+ mgs since Dec. 2nd, that number is skewed a bit because I have only taken 34 mgs since the 5th, which is 2 weeks+ from today....

    The drop from 16mgs to 4mgs will help me in the longrun IMO, but we will see...

    I am open to staying at 1mg, or even at .67mgs for a little longer stretch than 4 days now at this point in the process, but not if it's not necessary...

    At this point, there's a very fine line between being "stable" at a dose and being "content" and staying put because it's confortable...

    I'm going to try my best to keep from being content, because IMO if I'm comfortable at a dose, it's time to reduce...

    I was "comfortable" at 32mgs, but that's not why I'm here...

    I'll keep you posted and thanks for the advise...


    -Buck

  10. #40
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Feeling pretty good today...


    This is supposed to be my last day at 1mg, but I took .67mg this morning and so far I feel pretty good...

    If I'm having a rough evening tonight, I'm going to take .33mgs and then start the drop tomorrow..

    What I'm planning to do on my final stable dose day before every drop is split the dose to twice a day, taking the next drop amount (.67 in this case) in the early day, and then taking the remaining of my scheduled pre-drop dose (.33) later that evening to help to transition to the next step..

    Tomorrow it will only be the .67mg dose total (1X) but I'm hoping by taking a small .33mg dose later in the day today it will help me transition into and smaller dose tomorrow...

    Make sense?

    It also gives me an opportunity to see how my body will feel with my drop as that's what I'll be taking in the morning the day before the drops...

    If this doesn't make any sense to anybody, I'm sorry...but has anybody out there tried this tactic to attempt to minimize the effects of the drop?

    A little dosing creativiyty shouldn't hurt anything right...

    -Buck

  11. #41
    Kikker is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    in ur case Buck i say whatever works for u is best. lol. u have done it ur way to this point and it has worked for u and that is great. i really mean that too. i would have done it differently and suggested that to u, but i always say it's what works best for the person involved. i'm happy u have succeeded to this point and hopefully it will be good til the end of the taper.

    in the times i took sub if it was over 1 mg then i split the dose and took it between 6-10 am and then again between 4-6 pm, or about 8 hrs apart. under 1 mg i took only one dose and a time around noon usually worked best for ME. so that is what i suggest to everyone, but again, it's what works best for u.

    subs keep some ppl awake if they take it too late in the evening, and it makes some ppl sleepy so they take it later. hard to figure sometimes as everyone really is different as u know. u've got a firm hand on it now and know what to do so there should be no problems.

    just don't get too technical and mess around with the sub too much cause that's when it can jump up and bite u. it is a very powerful drug and a little bit goes a long ways. those tiny pieces like .25 mg and under seem like they wouldn't matter so much but just the opposite is true, they make a huge difference.

    keep going and if something comes up let me know. u've got my full support. have a great day!
    Buckeye13 likes this.

  12. #42
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post
    in ur case Buck i say whatever works for u is best. lol. u have done it ur way to this point and it has worked for u and that is great. i really mean that too. i would have done it differently and suggested that to u, but i always say it's what works best for the person involved. i'm happy u have succeeded to this point and hopefully it will be good til the end of the taper.

    in the times i took sub if it was over 1 mg then i split the dose and took it between 6-10 am and then again between 4-6 pm, or about 8 hrs apart. under 1 mg i took only one dose and a time around noon usually worked best for ME. so that is what i suggest to everyone, but again, it's what works best for u.

    subs keep some ppl awake if they take it too late in the evening, and it makes some ppl sleepy so they take it later. hard to figure sometimes as everyone really is different as u know. u've got a firm hand on it now and know what to do so there should be no problems.

    just don't get too technical and mess around with the sub too much cause that's when it can jump up and bite u. it is a very powerful drug and a little bit goes a long ways. those tiny pieces like .25 mg and under seem like they wouldn't matter so much but just the opposite is true, they make a huge difference.

    keep going and if something comes up let me know. u've got my full support. have a great day!
    Awesome post bro...

    -

    When I close the shop down here on Saturday at 1:00, I won't be back to work until Weds Jan. 2nd (10 days) so I won't be able to post as much, or maybe even at all, as I am doing this all secretly from the household that I live...

    In other words, if you don't see me on here for a week or so, don't just assume that I've taken steps back, or given up.....Not happenning...


    Hopefully when I get back to work on the 2nd I'll be at .25mgs or less, or done completely....time will tell...

    I can't believe that I it's almost 3:00 and I've only taken .67mgs today....


    -Buck


    #StraightKickinThis

  13. #43
    Kikker is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    ok, good enough....i'll wait to hear back from u.

    u are living proof of what a POSITIVE ATTITUDE can achieve!

  14. #44
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Question:


    Does anybody know how long it takes an entire dose to leave 100% your system?

    I'm thinking it's close to 30 days depending on each person..

    In other words, about 30 days in to my taper I should hopefully feel a little better due to the fact of the extremely high doses that I was taking just 18-19 days ago...


    It only makes sense to me that the more Sub that leaves my body, the less my body will start to depnd on it...

    Anybody know?

    -Buck

  15. #45
    Kikker is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    yeah, i posted it to u Buck in post #8 on this thread...

    it depends on what the dose is and what the half life ends up being for that particular person. subs have a half life UP TO 72 hrs and possibly longer. it depends on the persons metabolism, physical condition, fluid intake/output, and other factors as to just how long the half life is.

    but just for example:
    take a single 4 mg dose, and the half life being 72 hrs or 3 days time:

    4.0 mg (-72 hrs) = 2.0 mg
    2.0 mg (-72 hrs) = 1.0 mg
    1.0 mg (-72 hrs) = .50 mg
    .50 mg (-72 hrs) = .25 mg
    .25 mg (-72 hrs) = .12 mg (actually .125 mg)
    .12 mg (-72 hrs) = .06 mg
    .06 mg (-72 hrs) = .03 mg
    .03 mg (-72 hrs) = .015 mg
    leaves a tiny bit left to eliminate
    __________________________
    total: about 24 -30 days to completely eliminate 4 mg of sub IF the half life is indeed 72 hrs or 3 days time...

    half life means: in a given amt of time HALF the drug leaves the system and HALF remains.

    this is NOT an exact science and can vary one way or the other greatly for anyone....

    if the person continues to take more sub (as most everyone does on sub therapy) it can build up in the system and it is nearly impossible to figure exactly how much sub is in a persons system at any given time.

    it's also possible that the half life could be 36 hrs for someone, or 24 hrs, and even 12 hrs or less as everyone is really different in the way the drugs metabolize depending on several factors.

    and the body can react without sub being present in the form of withdrawal symptoms.

    this is why it's strongly suggested that a sub therapy program is as short as personally needed, and the dose is at the lowest possible mgs.

    this is my opinion anyway.
    Buckeye13 likes this.

  16. #46
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Thanks for laying that out for me again...


    I have to run, I will comment further tomorrow...

    Thanks again Kikker...


    -Buck



    By the way, I did take a .33mg dose about an hour ago and I will make my drop tomorrow to .67...

    Also...I just ordered some of the "Withdrawal-Ease" that is sometimes advertised on this site. I'm wondering if anybody has used this stuff and if it is affective?? I had it overnight shipped so I should have it here at work tomorrow. There is a day-time and night-time dose. It's all natural. Any thoughts or expierience??

  17. #47
    Kikker is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    i've haven't used the withdrawal ease Buck, but it seems similar to the thomas recipe that many use here and have had great results with. the W/E has lots of vitamins, minerals, and plant supplements in it so it may help to "ease" some of the wd symptoms.

    sometimes, and i say again, sometimes the symptoms can be such a mental issue. not too downplay any symptoms as they can be rough, but as addicts we have always in the height of our addiction and using had to take "something" to make us feel better. might be the case here, or might not. point is that if it makes YOU feel better and helps YOU to get clean and stay that way then what's the harm?

    does the apprx $90.00 price justify it? maybe? give it a try as u've got it on the way and then let us know what u personally think about it. natural supplements are always best.

  18. #48
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post
    i've haven't used the withdrawal ease Buck, but it seems similar to the thomas recipe that many use here and have had great results with. the W/E has lots of vitamins, minerals, and plant supplements in it so it may help to "ease" some of the wd symptoms.

    sometimes, and i say again, sometimes the symptoms can be such a mental issue. not too downplay any symptoms as they can be rough, but as addicts we have always in the height of our addiction and using had to take "something" to make us feel better. might be the case here, or might not. point is that if it makes YOU feel better and helps YOU to get clean and stay that way then what's the harm?

    does the apprx $90.00 price justify it? maybe? give it a try as u've got it on the way and then let us know what u personally think about it. natural supplements are always best.
    Very good point in bold Kikker...


    It actually costing me about $130 because I had it overnight shipped because I have to have it shipped here at work, and as I've said, after I close down the shop tomorrow at 1:00, we will be closed for 10 days for the holidays (unless we get a big snow, which we just got about 2"s overnight)

    My business sells and repairs lawnmowers, weedeaters, blowers, chainsaws, and especially this time of year snowthrowers and generators...

    If we get a big storm, we will have to re-open and be here instead of taking the 10 day break...I'm hoping we are done with the snow until after the 1st of the year...

    Anyways, I will keep you posted on he results of the WD/Ease when I get it later today (hopefully, but as I mentioned we are dealing with weather here in Ohio)...


    Today is my first day of my drop to .67....

    I'm trying to stay positive but this is the 1st drop that I've done that I've felt won't come "easy". That won't stop me though, as it was "easy" to take 32mgs/day...

    -Buck

  19. #49
    x4change2012 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye13 View Post
    Very good point in bold Kikker...


    It actually costing me about $130 because I had it overnight shipped because I have to have it shipped here at work, and as I've said, after I close down the shop tomorrow at 1:00, we will be closed for 10 days for the holidays (unless we get a big snow, which we just got about 2"s overnight)

    My business sells and repairs lawnmowers, weedeaters, blowers, chainsaws, and especially this time of year snowthrowers and generators...

    If we get a big storm, we will have to re-open and be here instead of taking the 10 day break...I'm hoping we are done with the snow until after the 1st of the year...

    Anyways, I will keep you posted on he results of the WD/Ease when I get it later today (hopefully, but as I mentioned we are dealing with weather here in Ohio)...


    Today is my first day of my drop to .67....

    I'm trying to stay positive but this is the 1st drop that I've done that I've felt won't come "easy". That won't stop me though, as it was "easy" to take 32mgs/day...

    -Buck
    I've wondered about the Withdrawal Ease too buck. Def. can't hurt and hopefully of course be helpful - I'll be very interested to hear how it does for u.
    You have done an incredible job from 32mg! You're almost there and each day have less Subs in u - you are so strong Buck and that finish line is around the corner! I'm right there with u - We both got this!!!!!
    Beth
    Buckeye13 likes this.

  20. #50
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x4change2012 View Post
    I've wondered about the Withdrawal Ease too buck. Def. can't hurt and hopefully of course be helpful - I'll be very interested to hear how it does for u.
    You have done an incredible job from 32mg! You're almost there and each day have less Subs in u - you are so strong Buck and that finish line is around the corner! I'm right there with u - We both got this!!!!!
    Beth
    thanks Beth...


    I've been starring out the window all day waiting for the UPS truck to show up....I'm just curious about this stuff more than anything and I'm interested to see if it helps out...

    UPS already came once today this morning and brought my regular parts orders, but when I overnight-ordered the WD-Ease yesterday it said "Afternoon Delivery" on the invoice...

    I really hope it comes today because after today we have a hold on all deliveries here at work until Jan 2nd...


    -Buck


    #FingersCrossed

  21. #51
    alexnt is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ohio, , .
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye13 View Post
    thanks Beth...


    I've been starring out the window all day waiting for the UPS truck to show up....I'm just curious about this stuff more than anything and I'm interested to see if it helps out...

    UPS already came once today this morning and brought my regular parts orders, but when I overnight-ordered the WD-Ease yesterday it said "Afternoon Delivery" on the invoice...

    I really hope it comes today because after today we have a hold on all deliveries here at work until Jan 2nd...


    -Buck


    #FingersCrossed
    Good luck Buck and i guess ill talk to you after New Years. Hope you have a nice Holiday break and all goes well with your taper

  22. #52
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Good luck Buck and i guess ill talk to you after New Years. Hope you have a nice Holiday break and all goes well with your taper
    Thanks bro...

    The drop to .67 went well yesterday...

    It was probably closer to about .75 though because I cut an 8mg into 12 pieces, roughly equalling .67 each, but no 2 cuts are exact so there were a few pieces that looked a bit smaller and a few that looked a bit bigger. I took one of the bigger pieces because it was the first day of my drop...

    Still pretty good though...

    You have a good Christmas too Al, and same to everybody that reads this...


    -Buck

  23. #53
    x4change2012 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Hey Buck,
    I hear you about the difficulty in cutting up the pieces. If I was'nt on the Subutext which only comes in tablets I probably would've switched to the strips towards the low doses. I have been doing the same thing with my drops. I usually cut up all the pieces to make enough for the days I estimate to stay (which for me averaged 5-7 days) and I start with the biggest of the slightly off cuts and work my way down to the smallest.
    There is a method I've read here about crushing into a powder and dividing the piles up and then using a business card or something to put the dose powder under your tongue. It sounds like a good method but personally it has the potential to be messy and I would be so afraid of any powder falling on the floor and into the mouths of my dog or cat. I am a bit neurotic when it comes to my "pet children" LOL.
    Enjoy your time off and I hope there is no snowstorms in Ohio for a while!
    Beth

  24. #54
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x4change2012 View Post
    Hey Buck,
    I hear you about the difficulty in cutting up the pieces. If I was'nt on the Subutext which only comes in tablets I probably would've switched to the strips towards the low doses. I have been doing the same thing with my drops. I usually cut up all the pieces to make enough for the days I estimate to stay (which for me averaged 5-7 days) and I start with the biggest of the slightly off cuts and work my way down to the smallest.
    There is a method I've read here about crushing into a powder and dividing the piles up and then using a business card or something to put the dose powder under your tongue. It sounds like a good method but personally it has the potential to be messy and I would be so afraid of any powder falling on the floor and into the mouths of my dog or cat. I am a bit neurotic when it comes to my "pet children" LOL.
    Enjoy your time off and I hope there is no snowstorms in Ohio for a while!
    Beth

    Thanks Beth...

    I'm drinking my 5th Miller Lite here at work with my dad, (we're closed) before locking the doors until Jan 2nd...

    I got a new iPhone 5 last night so I should be able to post on here from time to time over the next 10 days, but if not, everybody have a great holiday and remmember that most every one of us are either going through their 1st "clean" Christmas, or their last "dirty" Christmas...


    We are all better people today than we were yesterday, including myself, and I have you guys to thank for that...

    Without an in-person support system, you guys are my rock right now, and I appreciate everything that you've done to help me through this time...

    By the way, the Withdrawal-Ease never showed up because of the bad weather in Louisville so my $30+ that I payed for "over-night" was a waste and I may not be able to get my hands on the WD-Ease untill I get back here in 10 days...

    I'm trying to contact UPS to have it held for customer pick-up on Monday, but the Saturday before Christmas is not the easiest time to get through to them...


    Anyways....Thanks to all of you and have a great week+ if I don't report back...


    -Buck

  25. #55
    Kikker is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    hello Buck. sure hope u had a nice Christmas. just checking to see how ur doing on the subs. when u get the time please give us an update. hope everything is going well.

  26. #56
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Finally back from vacation...

    It was a nice break, but it could've lasted another week. Back to work stinks!

    Anyways, I'm still doing good on my taper...

    I'm down to .50mgs/day....this time last month I was droppin' 24-32mgs/day..

    Hoping to drop on Friday if stable...

    -Buck




    *Can't believe how much I missed you guys while I was gone but I stayed strong...

  27. #57
    Kikker is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Happy New Year Buck! hope u have a wonderful 2013.

    ur getting down there with the sub dose and it wont be too much longer now before ur finished. keep us informed how ur feeling. glad u enjoyed the vacation.

  28. #58
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post
    Happy New Year Buck! hope u have a wonderful 2013.

    ur getting down there with the sub dose and it wont be too much longer now before ur finished. keep us informed how ur feeling. glad u enjoyed the vacation.

    Thanks Kikk..

    I slowed my taper a bit because it finally started to catch up to me a little bit, but not too much. I just want to do it right this first time, no matter how long it takes, and be done with it forever...

    I had 2 days over the last week that I took an extra dose -- both were supposed to be drop days -- but instead of risking a full blown relapse I simply held off on the drop for 1 extra day..

    It's funny on those 2 days how I feel extremly guilty for taking 1 MG TOTAL IN A DAY when just a month ago I would've thrown 1mg in the garbage thinking that it was just scraps...

    I've came a long way, and I'm not going to stop now. I'm not happy to be back to work, but I'm sooo glad to be back to being able to talk to y'all about my issues...



    I also wanted to update anybody that's interested about the Withdrawal Ease that I bought online. I finally got my hands on it on Christmas Eve after the bad weather in the MidWest slowed down UPS during the holiday season...

    Anyways, the stuff is great. There is a daytime dose, and a night time dose (both all-natural) and it really does help ME. I hadn't really had what I would call WDs since I started taking this supplement until yesterday afternoon, and I then realized that I had forgotten to take my Withdrawal Ease. About 30 mins after I took the WD Ease, I felt great. More energy, I felt better mentally, and more than anything, it helps with the foggy head/headache/head pressure.

    All peeps are different, but I'm just throwing it out there to anybody that might be struggling with withdrawals, or are scared to go through withdrawals. It seems to me to be a good product. It has L-Tyrosine, B-6, B-12, etc, and the nighttime has melatonin, valiun, gaba, and other natural green teas and so on..


    -Buck

  29. #59
    x4change2012 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye13 View Post
    Thanks Kikk..

    I slowed my taper a bit because it finally started to catch up to me a little bit, but not too much. I just want to do it right this first time, no matter how long it takes, and be done with it forever...

    I had 2 days over the last week that I took an extra dose -- both were supposed to be drop days -- but instead of risking a full blown relapse I simply held off on the drop for 1 extra day..

    It's funny on those 2 days how I feel extremly guilty for taking 1 MG TOTAL IN A DAY when just a month ago I would've thrown 1mg in the garbage thinking that it was just scraps...

    I've came a long way, and I'm not going to stop now. I'm not happy to be back to work, but I'm sooo glad to be back to being able to talk to y'all about my issues...



    I also wanted to update anybody that's interested about the Withdrawal Ease that I bought online. I finally got my hands on it on Christmas Eve after the bad weather in the MidWest slowed down UPS during the holiday season...

    Anyways, the stuff is great. There is a daytime dose, and a night time dose (both all-natural) and it really does help ME. I hadn't really had what I would call WDs since I started taking this supplement until yesterday afternoon, and I then realized that I had forgotten to take my Withdrawal Ease. About 30 mins after I took the WD Ease, I felt great. More energy, I felt better mentally, and more than anything, it helps with the foggy head/headache/head pressure.

    All peeps are different, but I'm just throwing it out there to anybody that might be struggling with withdrawals, or are scared to go through withdrawals. It seems to me to be a good product. It has L-Tyrosine, B-6, B-12, etc, and the nighttime has melatonin, valiun, gaba, and other natural green teas and so on..


    -Buck
    Hey Buck, Welcome back! Wow, that's terrific that you're down to .50. You're are almost there! Very smart move to slow it down. Sounds like you're really listening to your body and know when it's right to drop.
    I, know first hand the "Guilt" that u felt from taking more! but, the main thing is what u did about it. At .75 for reasons unknown other than an addict brain I upped my dose bad for a few days. That's when I knew best chance for me would be to jump and just deal with the symptom as best as I could and now I am on "Day 7" Of 0 Subs - 7 days clean and it's beginning to get better!
    I did what I had to do Buck, but I would not recommend it to anyone who can and is tapering lower like you. You will surely feel much better as u already know!
    So, way to go Buck! Just a little longer and you're there!!!!
    Anything u need just drop me a post! I'm root'n for u as u near that finish line!!!
    Beth

  30. #60
    Buckeye13 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x4change2012 View Post
    Hey Buck, Welcome back! Wow, that's terrific that you're down to .50. You're are almost there! Very smart move to slow it down. Sounds like you're really listening to your body and know when it's right to drop.
    I, know first hand the "Guilt" that u felt from taking more! but, the main thing is what u did about it. At .75 for reasons unknown other than an addict brain I upped my dose bad for a few days. That's when I knew best chance for me would be to jump and just deal with the symptom as best as I could and now I am on "Day 7" Of 0 Subs - 7 days clean and it's beginning to get better!
    I did what I had to do Buck, but I would not recommend it to anyone who can and is tapering lower like you. You will surely feel much better as u already know!
    So, way to go Buck! Just a little longer and you're there!!!!
    Anything u need just drop me a post! I'm root'n for u as u near that finish line!!!
    Beth
    Thanks so much Beth...

    I can't believe that you jumped after having the struggles that you had at the lower doses. That's fricken awesome. It only makes sense to me that if you feel like ???? on .75mgs/day, you may as well rip off the baindaid and feel like ???? at 0 mgs and get it over with right?

    I'm so proud that you not only jumped, but have now went a week without dosing and you also sound more confident than you have since I've joined here about a month ago. It's crazy how far a positive mentallity can take you.

    Keep up your strength and courage. You inspire me to not fail so I can join you on the flip-side..

    Stay strong Beth...


    -Buck


    #MoreMotivation
    x4change2012 likes this.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. my husband is an opiate abuser HELP ME
    By thaliarayna in forum Need to Talk?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 07:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22