Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree367Likes
Longtime Sub abuser, Gettin' my taper on...rapidly..
    sm0gg is offline New Member

you're going way too fast buckeye, slow that taper way down, the fastest you wanna go is 25% reduction every 4 days. believe me, trying to get off this stuff too fast is a sure fire way to get your ass handed to you & set you back to the starting gate. take your time & do it properly. slowly & surely is the only way, taper to nothing or jump off at .25mg after skipping days. Good Luck.
    Buckeye13 likes this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye13 View Post
    Finally back from vacation...

It was a nice break, but it could've lasted another week. Back to work stinks!

Anyways, I'm still doing good on my taper...

I'm down to .50mgs/day....this time last month I was droppin' 24-32mgs/day..

Hoping to drop on Friday if stable...

-Buck

*Can't believe how much I missed you guys while I was gone but I stayed strong...
    Great to see your down to .50 Buck. Your almost at the finish line buddy. Just be sure and listen to what your body is telling you and dont rush it. Happy New Year to you Buck and keep up the good work.
    Buckeye13 likes this.

Buckeye13 is offline Banned

Today will be another day at .50mgs...

I didn't get much sleep last night, but that was because my 2 year old boy was up until almost 1:00 and my little 1 year old girl woke up at 5:45 and was ready to play at full speed...I try to get up with the kids every time because my wife is about 6 months pregnant and she's also a fulltime worker so I try to take a little off of her plate..

Today will be a test on me. I 'm exhausted and I also have to bowl in a beer drinking league tonight from about 6:00-10-00 after working all day...

These are the days that are designed to set "us" back..

Not this guy though...

Who has 2 thumbs and is sticking to his taper plan? This guy.

Have a great day y'all and thanks to alex and sm0gg for the advice..

-Buck

By the way, I just took the Withdrawal Ease, and I'm going to push my dose back as far as posible today. I'll post later on if I've lost my mind yet, or if I'm still ballin' like the Buckeyes did last night against Nebraska (kickin' a$$)

#StrongAsHarry

x4change2012 is offline Member

Thanks so much Beth...

I can't believe that you jumped after having the struggles that you had at the lower doses. That's fricken awesome. It only makes sense to me that if you feel like ???? on .75mgs/day, you may as well rip off the baindaid and feel like ???? at 0 mgs and get it over with right?

I'm so proud that you not only jumped, but have now went a week without dosing and you also sound more confident than you have since I've joined here about a month ago. It's crazy how far a positive mentallity can take you.

Keep up your strength and courage. You inspire me to not fail so I can join you on the flip-side..

Stay strong Beth...

-Buck

#MoreMotivation
    Hey Buck, I really appreciate the above. I like your comparison to "ripping off the bandaid". A bigger bandaid then I'd have preferred but none the less doable. It just felt like I had a small window of opportunity with the 2 week break I had so I just went for it!
    Now if I could just get this sleep thing under control - Last night was difficult and unlike u not because of any kids to take care of but they say sleep is the last part to come back so Ill just hang in their - No doubt it will get better!
    I am so glad that Withdrawal- Ease product has helped u! If I wasn't over the worst of this jump I'd have for sure given it a try!
    Anyway, thanks again for all of your kind words and remember I'm right there in your corner throughout this!
    Every day gets u closer to that "Flip Side". You got this my friend!
    Beth
    Buckeye13 likes this.

Thanks for the support Beth...

It's almost 1:30 here in Ohio...I took a .25mg dose (smallest dose I've EVER taken, this is where the 2mg strips come in handy, I have 4 of them that I stashed up at the beginning of this process) at about 10:30 and I'm going to take another .25mg dose in a couple hours so I feel a little better tonight, and the later dose should also help prepare me for a potential drop tomorrow...

I'm not 100% sure that I will drop tomorrow, I might wait one more day, but I'm going to go from .50mgs to .25mgs...

I've done 50% drops the whole way, and it has worked, so I plan to continue with that unless I struggle at .25mgs, then I'll bump back up to .375 and continue from there...

I will plan on going from .50mgs, to .25mgs, to .125mgs and then skip or jump...

I'm hoping about 2 more weeks total is a realistic jump date...

-Buck

plzfreeme is offline Junior Member

Hey Buck. I'm also a long time sub user. I tapered myself in the beginning by myself to about 4mg then found a supportive dr and tapered to 1mg. I got stuck a little longer fluctuating between 1-2mg then finally a few months ago got serious. The taper to .5 was pretty easy so I planned my jump during new year Holiday. I tapered lower the last 7-10 days before jumped, taking only the smallest sliver to get the wd gone. Jumped off 12/26 and it's going good. Good luck. Slow and steady and don't put yourself at risk by pushing it too much. Thinking about you!
    Buckeye13 likes this.
    My last dose of sub was 12noon on 12/26/12. I'm free!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plzfreeme View Post
    Hey Buck. I'm also a long time sub user. I tapered myself in the beginning by myself to about 4mg then found a supportive dr and tapered to 1mg. I got stuck a little longer fluctuating between 1-2mg then finally a few months ago got serious. The taper to .5 was pretty easy so I planned my jump during new year Holiday. I tapered lower the last 7-10 days before jumped, taking only the smallest sliver to get the wd gone. Jumped off 12/26 and it's going good. Good luck. Slow and steady and don't put yourself at risk by pushing it too much. Thinking about you!
    Thanks for your support...

I have just started tapping into my 2mg strips that I had stashed and I wish I had a few more of them because every piece that I take from a "2" is 4X the size of what I take from a "8"

It's the same dose, but it's easier to cut down accuratly, and it's also better mentally because it feels like you are taking a bigger dose than you actually are...

I had a .25mg piece today that was twice as big as the .50mg piece that I took yesterday...

I also think it dissolves better because it's a thiner, wider piece of Sub....

I was just throwing that out there in case any of you that are going to the Dr to get your Subs (I didn't) you may want to ask your doctor if he/she will prescribe you 2's instead of 8's to help you with your taper...

I'm off to the bowling alley...

See ya'll tomorrow...

-Buck

EgoPunch is offline Banned

It sounds like you're doing really good, Buck. You have more self control than I, sir. I think tapering (especially down to such tiny doses) is a magnificent display of willpower. I'm not sure if I have that kind of willpower, which is why I think i've decided to go cold turkey. Keep up the good work! I hope to see you jump soon. Wow...did that come out right? It doesn't sound right. It sounds mean. Maybe I should rephrase it. I hope that you MAKE the jump soon. That's a little better I think. Good luck, man. You're doing good!

Quote Originally Posted by EgoPunch View Post
    It sounds like you're doing really good, Buck. You have more self control than I, sir. I think tapering (especially down to such tiny doses) is a magnificent display of willpower. I'm not sure if I have that kind of willpower, which is why I think i've decided to go cold turkey. Keep up the good work! I hope to see you jump soon. Wow...did that come out right? It doesn't sound right. It sounds mean. Maybe I should rephrase it. I hope that you MAKE the jump soon. That's a little better I think. Good luck, man. You're doing good!
    Thanks EP....

Tapering down is actually waaaaaay easier than I thought it would be...

That's seems to be what almost everybody thinks after they do it...

I actually feel as good, or better on .50mgs a day that I did at 32 mgs a day...

I can't make any sense of why I ever took that much for so long...

I can't dwell on what I've done in the past though, I no longer have any control over what has already happened....but, I can control what is in front of me and that is the finish line...

It's on the horizon, and coming at it full speed ahead....

I got some sleep last night and I feel good today. Every day is different. Today is one of the days that I can push my dose back to help with the evening. Some days I can't get motivated and feel like I "need" my dose as soon as possible. Those days are becoming fewer and fewer. It seems like every day the addictive thinking is getting less and less. I went from waking up a few weeks ago and the first thing I would think about is taking Sub, to a day like today where I've been up for about 3 hours and this was actually the first time I even thought about taking a dose...

The way I feel right now, I could probably skip a day, but I'm not going to. If I still feel this good later today, I will make today a drop day. If not, I'm dropping tomorrow..

-Buck
    EgoPunch likes this.

Well, it's 4:00 and I've only had .25mgs and I feel good...

I'm going to take another .25mgs later on whether I feel like I need it or not. The later dose should help me transition to my drop to .25mgs total tomorrow...

I've basically had very little trouble with the 50% drops, so I'm going to continue with that pattern until I jump, unless I run into a problem. I plan on staying at .25mgs for about 4-6 days or so and then I'm going to drop to .125mgs for a few days before the jump/skip...

-Buck

Can't believe I'm doing this...
    Can't believe I didn't do this sooner...
    EgoPunch likes this.

Good job, brother. You are a soldier, and dependency is the enemy. You are holding high ground, and positioning yourself for the killing blow to your adversary. You are strong, and your enemy is weak...but very sneaky...very sneaky indeed. So watch yourself, because yourself is who your enemy will try to turn against you. I have confidence in you, bro. Buck! Buck! BOOOM! That's your war cry! lol. Use it...if you don't, I will. I'm using it now actually. It's fun to shout...then again, i'm all alone in my apt right now. lol. Peace, bro. Ur doing real good.

Good job, brother. You are a soldier, and dependency is the enemy. You are holding high ground, and positioning yourself for the killing blow to your adversary. You are strong, and your enemy is weak...but very sneaky...very sneaky indeed. So watch yourself, because yourself is who your enemy will try to turn against you. I have confidence in you, bro. Buck! Buck! BOOOM! That's your war cry! lol. Use it...if you don't, I will. I'm using it now actually. It's fun to shout...then again, i'm all alone in my apt right now. lol. Peace, bro. Ur doing real good.
    I like the Buck Buck Boom...I bring the noice every time bro..Go hard or go home...

I guess I've always been my own worst enemy, I just needed you to point that out for me...

Thanks Swayze...

-Buck

Today will be a good day...
    EgoPunch likes this.

Quick update before I take off for the weekend...

I probably won't log back on until Tuesday morning when I get back here to work..

I'm definetly making my drop today. I just closed the store down and I havn't even taken my dose yet. I havn't done that since....forever...

I'm don't feel too bad, just a little tired but nothing I can't fight through...

I'm getting ready to take a .25mg dose. If I feel fine later tonight, and I think I will, that's what I'm dropping to. If I feel rough tonight, I already have my .125mg cuts made so i'll take one of those and make my drop be to .38 (25%)...

I think I'm going straight to .25mgs though....Feeling strong today mentally..

I'll try to log on and update over the weekend but I went so long without getting caught by my wife while I was using that I would hate to get caught when I'm legitimatly quitting...Know what I'm sayin?

Have a great weekend y'all...

-Buckingmotivated

#LED_AdjustmentTime

You're doing good, Buck. Keep it up, man. Soon you will have to jump off, and be completely sub free...but for now, you're doing really well. I wish I had enough suboxone to taper off properly, as you are doing. I know that my detox is going to be absolute h*ll, but i'm a soldier. I've done it before, but never from such a high dose. Anyway, if you do happen to get caught on this site...maybe you can tell your wife that a friend asked you to sign up and give support to a family member, or vice versa. I don't know, but you are in a unique situation, and only you know how it should be handled without damaging your relationship. Enjoy your weekend, bro. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Buckeye13 likes this.

Yoyoyo....

Just hopped on real quick to update my drop to .25mgs yesterday..

All went well, even about 6.5 hours of sleep...

Today has been a bit rougher, but day 2 after the drop always seems to be worse for me for some reason...

Thanks for the support Swayze...

Gotta run...

-Buck
    EgoPunch likes this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Yoyoyo....

Today has been a bit rougher, but day 2 after the drop always seems to be worse for me for some reason...

Gotta run...

-Buck
    You are doing a great job Buck with your taper. If your not comfortable tomorrow at .25 you can always add one of the .125 that you already have cut up. Even if you had to do this and stay there at.37 for 3 or 4 days it just means you would be jumping 3 or 4 days later then planned. Remember its not a race to the finish line. Hopefully you wwill be fine tomorrow at .25. Just my thought Buck as im rooting for you.
    Buckeye13 likes this.

breezybaby is offline New Member

Buck, hi!!! Thank you sooo much for the info on your taper. I am trying to do the same thing...almost. My dose is too high; of that i'm pretty certain. I would like to get it down to as low a dose as possible and still keep the cravings and withdrawals at bay. I am in recovery from a monstrous opiate and benzo addiction, and have been on 16mg a day for almost 3 months.My problem, aside from trying not to turn back into a needle junkie again, is that I have been feeling as if I were in withdrawals...cold sweats, awful sweating, "spiders" crawling all over my skin...after reading some posts here, I came to believe that it may be because my dose is actually too high?! that's hard for me to grasp becaust the addict in me always believes more is better, but I still feel like ????!!! Could you offer me some advice on how to get my dose down to a "normal" level? and maybe how to do so with the least amount of sickness possible? I have to be able to function and work a high-stress, fast-paced 40+ hours a week. Anything you could offer for advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanx, Bree.

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by breezybaby View Post
    Buck, hi!!! Thank you sooo much for the info on your taper. I am trying to do the same thing...almost. My dose is too high; of that i'm pretty certain. I would like to get it down to as low a dose as possible and still keep the cravings and withdrawals at bay. I am in recovery from a monstrous opiate and benzo addiction, and have been on 16mg a day for almost 3 months.My problem, aside from trying not to turn back into a needle junkie again, is that I have been feeling as if I were in withdrawals...cold sweats, awful sweating, "spiders" crawling all over my skin...after reading some posts here, I came to believe that it may be because my dose is actually too high?! that's hard for me to grasp becaust the addict in me always believes more is better, but I still feel like ????!!! Could you offer me some advice on how to get my dose down to a "normal" level? and maybe how to do so with the least amount of sickness possible? I have to be able to function and work a high-stress, fast-paced 40+ hours a week. Anything you could offer for advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanx, Bree.
    hi Bree....i read ur other post in the "need to talk" section on the thread of the member "Zakkanonymous". if u can find ur way back there i gave u the link to the sub therapy plan, and told u what i thought u should be doing regarding the sub. yes, ur on way too high of a dose and need to reduce it immediately. go back to that thread and we'll go from there.

Welcome to the site Breezy...

I'll try to catch up with you when I get back to work tomorrow...

You're in good hands here...

-Buck

Yoyoyo....

Gotta run...

-Buck
    When I posted this yesterday, I was on the verge of taking another dose. I hopped on here because I needed to, for some reason.

After I posted this, I put the .125mg dose away and instead asked my 2 year old boy if he wanted to go outside and build a snowman. Going out and being active made a huge difference.

I didn't take that dose, and I still haven't had a dose since then...

I'll take my .25mgs in an hour or 2 and call it a day...

I think I might have to stay at these lower doses for a few extra days, but that's fine...

The finish line is coming. I'm starting to get pumped..

-Buck
    EgoPunch likes this.

Well, back to work and all is well...

I stayed up too late last night watching Alabama murder Notre Dame, but oh well...Hopefully next year I'm watching the Buckeyes play in the NCG..

I am getting ready to take my .25mg dose and that will be all for today..

I think I'm going to stay at .25mgs for a few extra days, and then drop to .125mgs for a few days and then jump/skip...

I can't believe how I've fought through every obstacle so far and just pushed through...

My only major "detox" or withdrawals came in the first week of the taper when I went from 32mgs a day to 4mgs a day...

I was sweating out of every pore in my body and I had rain water back and swamp azz along with head pressure, etc...you guys know what I'm sayin'...

Those sytoms are so 2012 though as I now only had lethargy and a few body aches that are natural that I didn't feel for years so my body isn't used to it yet...

These are minor things that Swayze put in good words..."nothing that tylenol and a pacifier won't take care of" (paraphrased)

I'm just waiting for my body strength to catch up with my mind/mental strength....

I have extreme will power and the right frame of mind to conquer this, so it will be, sub free...

-Buck

#OneDayAtATime
    EgoPunch likes this.

Well...today is a good day...not all days are good...

Boy, I feel really good this morning, clear headed, alert, awake, etc...

I think I'm going to take a .125mg dose in the early day today and then take another .125mg dose later on today...

That should help me prepare for my drop to .125mgs in the next day or two...

I seem to hit the wall at about 2:00-3:00 in the afternoon everyday. But this will pass as my body is not used to having to push through the work day without help from Subs...

Hopefully today stays good. I'm getting closer and closer to making the jump everyday, but there is still work to be done...

-Buck

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

hi Buck....just checking on u to see how ur doing and it's looks like it's going very well for ya. i'm very happy to hear that. keep doing what ur doing and let us know if u have any issues at all. got to run as work is calling. been very busy lately, but that's always a good thing for me. talk to u later Buck and keep that great day going!
    Buckeye13 likes this.

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Good for you Buck!!!
    THings DO get better I Promise!!!! Hang in there and im Glad your having a Good Day!!!!!!!!!
    Harry
    Buckeye13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HarrySmooth View Post
    Good for you Buck!!!
    THings DO get better I Promise!!!! Hang in there and im Glad your having a Good Day!!!!!!!!!
    Harry
    It's funny I posted just an hour ago about how good I was feeling today, now I'm already starting to get the watery eyes and yawns, but that's nothing compared to the way I felt a month ago...

Every day really does get better. This is awesome..

At this point, nothing will stop me from finishing...

My huge Sub half-life build up should basically be gone, so now I just have to slowly get used to my new normal, which is life without an assist from a substance that I never should've started taking..

As I've stated before, I have never had any body pain, I am healthy, young (30), and I still somehow got hooked on pain meds and then Subs for close to 10 years...

Stupid stupid, but all I can do now is make it right by myself, and make it right with anybody and everybody that this has effected in my life..

I havn't been the husband I should be..
    I havn't been the father I should be..
    I havn't been the brother I should be..
    I havn't been the son I should be..
    I havn't been the employee that I should be..
    I havn't been the friend I should be..
    I havn't been the neighbor I should be..
    I havn't been myself that I should be..

This is all changing for the better though, and I'm getting really excited about that. I actually cried listening to a friggin country song the other day. Embarrassing I know, but I'm actually proud of that because I seriously don't think I had cried for over 10 years. I had very little emotions when it came to anything not Sub related. Pathetic..

-Buck
    EgoPunch and HarrySmooth like this.

Hey, bro. I know I haven't posted on your thread in a minute, but it isn't because I haven't been keeping up with ya. I've been checking in, and reading all your posts. I've just been having a hard time mustering up the energy to actually write. I'm here for ya, man. I'm not going anywhere (unless my girl kicks me out). We're doing this thing, bro! You've been doing really good with your taper I see. Props, bro. I'm right there with ya on some of your ailments. Tapering off so quickly is starting to take it's toll on me. All in all tho, it seems like things could be a lot worse for ya...I mean, things could always be worse, right? lol. You're doing great, man. Keep it up! Catch you on the flip flop, brother. Peace. ep
    Buckeye13 likes this.

Hey, bro. I know I haven't posted on your thread in a minute, but it isn't because I haven't been keeping up with ya. I've been checking in, and reading all your posts. I've just been having a hard time mustering up the energy to actually write. I'm here for ya, man. I'm not going anywhere (unless my girl kicks me out). We're doing this thing, bro! You've been doing really good with your taper I see. Props, bro. I'm right there with ya on some of your ailments. Tapering off so quickly is starting to take it's toll on me. All in all tho, it seems like things could be a lot worse for ya...I mean, things could always be worse, right? lol. You're doing great, man. Keep it up! Catch you on the flip flop, brother. Peace. ep
    Thanks Swayze...

In some ways I think having my wife not know about this is helping me through this...

I have to stay strong all the time, and fight from wake up to bed time...

I can't sit around at home after a long day of work and feeling sorry for myself...

I don't have a wife that is aiding me through my detox, therefor enabling me to be a sissy...

With her in the dark, I have to put on a front that everything is normal, therefor keeping me mentally sharp and motivated...

With all that said, I'm tired of living a secret life from her. I can't wait to be done with this so I can not only feel better, but I'll also be able to be myself at home, instead of putting on a front 24/7...

Any of that make sense?

-Buck
    EgoPunch and HarrySmooth like this.

It do. It do. I have a question though...will you ever tell her about this? Will she ever know what you went through to better yourself, so that you could be a better husband for her, and a better father? Will she ever know how strong of a man she has? Just curious. And yeah, having someone there to baby you instigates weakness, but it can also come in handy sometimes when you start thinking about using again. Nice to have someone there to slap your face when you need it. lol. It doesn't look as though you'll be encountering that issue tho. You're doing really well. Jumping is going to be tough tho, bro. Prepare yourself for it, but take it one day at a time. I shouldn't have even brought it up actually. You should just deal with things as they come. It's all i've been able to think about however. Everyday now, I wake up with pressure in my head, and the pain never quite goes away throughout the entire day. It's starting to get harder to fall asleep, and I feel like i'm getting the flu...feeling achy, cold, starting to sweat a lot. It's not that bad tho. It's manageable. I'm just used to feeling much different than that, ya know? lol. Anyway, mane...gonna go make a post on me own thread I suppose. You need a laugh, let me know. I'm just around the corner. ep
    Buckeye13 likes this.

Oh boy..

Rough day today, as far as energy...

I was up from about 2:00-4:00 kicking the sheets and then my 1 year old wanted to get up at 6:15 and play..

I turned on one of the Chipmunk movies and hoped she'd sit on my lap and watch it as I tried to get a few more Zs on the couch. Didn't work..

I'll hop back on here later when I get some more motivation to type..

Buck
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-10-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Oh boy..

Rough day today, as far as energy...

I was up from about 2:00-4:00 kicking the sheets and then my 1 year old wanted to get up at 6:15 and play..

I turned on one of the Chipmunk movies and hoped she'd sit on my lap and watch it as I tried to get a few more Zs on the couch. Didn't work..

I'll hop back on here later when I get some more motivation to type..

Buck
    motivation...where do you buy that??

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast