Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes
Looking for taper buddies and positive influences!
    jayryan is offline Member

You have received a lot of good taper advice here i agree with rose about the docs while well intentioned at best often are incorrect in how they expect people to taper....its ok you have the pills you can taper with those....you gotta work with wat ya got ya know

i read somewhere that at 2mg a day your opiate receptors are like 80 percent covered in bupe....i dunno if that's true or not but back in my drug using days i could get some dope and get high if i took less then two mg...meaning that anything over 2mg daily and your receptors are pretty saturated...

point being while i generally want to let others give taper advice i simply agree that dropping to 2mg daily shouldn't be a huge problem...as that's still A LOT of bupe...god if i took. 2mg at this point i would be bouncing off the walls.....just my two cents.....
    as far as relapsing ya i think a lot of us have that concern...i hate with an absolute passion my drug of choice and NEVER plan on doing it again...have no future plans of relapse...I'm pretty confident ib that...it has ruined my life too many times.....does that mean ill never use again...i don't know.... and i wish i had an answer for you to assure you you won't relapse......

a lot of this is mental....you have a bit of a taper left and go to group therapy right? I would spend this time to sort all that out.... maybe you'll suprise yourself with a newfound confidence...just make a list of pros and cons.... do some soul searching i think you'll find those pills your worried about relapsing on really aren't all that great...anyways i hope I'm not sounding preachy.....just relating my thoughts on the subject.... you sound like you have been working very hard on making a good life for yourself....start ther with all the reasons not to go back to a life of misery...wel considerl following rose and sharks fan advice on the taper... you can always do it however you want...but listening to ther advice ( and others) has been working better then i could have ever hoped left to my own devices...anywaypeace jay

Lincolnecho is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by raven14 View Post
    Thanks Lincoln! One thing I do wanna ask, have you, or have you heard of anyone, who got ringing in the ears constantly on lower doses? Thats the only thing I have found at the lower doses and some days it drives me a lil batty. Haha. Feels like my head was in a big bell at the time it was rung. Bonggggggggg!
    After years of rock and roll at High volume my ears always ring a bit. I never noticed any increase while dropping doses. I was lucky that the 25% reduction after 4 days kept my consistently comfortable. The entire taper. I was so relieved to get clean without the hell of withdrawal.

I did notice the ringing sometimes!!! Like once or twice I can distinctly remember being like WTH. Suboxone is a strange strange drug lol. Me and some others also got some killer heartburn through the process. Funny I remember a video of a guy withdrawing off suboxone complaining and he said "your entire body will be on FIRE, your skin will burn." Now I know he was referring to heartburn LOL. It is some strong heartburn though at first your like wth. So just a heads up it helps to have some antacids around incase. Its a pain. I dropped at 2 mg before and it sucked horribly. I just finished my wean doing the taper plan that everyone is recommended and it worked! 4 days suboxone free today and I feel better then I did while weaning which should be backwards. You'd think I would feel worse. I tried at 2mg it was hell, weaning down to .125 and following the taper plan as recommended and for the FIRST time in years I have nothing in my system! Feels great! Just something to look forward to!

Also Raven I just went back and saw your posts again. Congrats on the 7 years OC free!!! That is a huge accomplishment! Wow! Suboxone doesn't 100% do that for people. I know a lot of people that got on it and still struggled with their DOC for a good while and ended up right back where they started. That is all you. That is will power and good sense. So as far as remembering the naked spoon lecture once your dropped of naked in the wilderness...LOL I think you'll be ok. I think you could write the survival guide yourself . Good for you 7 years. What a huge feat. Just keep pushing forward your doing great so far and soon you will be clean and see just how strong you really are! Keep up the good work

Familyman239 is offline New Member

I'ma longterm Suboxone user and I'm currently at .75mg I'm looking to jump n a few weeks hoping by May. But please do yourself a favor and find Robert325. He's left this site butif u find his old forums and post you'll find the best information u could ever find. I'm just recently followed his taper and it's working. Please search on drugs.com robert325 or Google suboxone therapy robert325. You'll find it. Congrats on rut per so far. But I promise U that u follow robert325 you'll b off faster and less wds at end

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Familyman239 View Post
    I'ma longterm Suboxone user and I'm currently at .75mg I'm looking to jump n a few weeks hoping by May. But please do yourself a favor and find Robert325. He's left this site butif u find his old forums and post you'll find the best information u could ever find. I'm just recently followed his taper and it's working. Please search on drugs.com robert325 or Google suboxone therapy robert325. You'll find it. Congrats on rut per so far. But I promise U that u follow robert325 you'll b off faster and less wds at end
    Hi, and welcome. Good for you for getting down to .75 mg.

The member you posted to already tapered using Robert's plan and she successfully jumped off subs 4 days ago. Most of us here who are tapering subs do use Robert's plan. It has helped countless people to get off subs.

If you're looking for support/advice through the end of your taper, you should start a new thread. That way, we can respond to you directly.

Take care,
    Kat

Rumi34 is offline New Member

I'm new to the site and have been on suboxone on and off for a year I need help I so badly need to stop I hate feeling trapped I am a mother of 3 and feel helpless I just don't want to have to take anything anymore I'm so tired and am desperate to be the me I use to be please help anyone I just want to get off of suboxone as soon as possible and want to know the fastest and successful way to do so please in desperate need.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rumi34 View Post
    I'm new to the site and have been on suboxone on and off for a year I need help I so badly need to stop I hate feeling trapped I am a mother of 3 and feel helpless I just don't want to have to take anything anymore I'm so tired and am desperate to be the me I use to be please help anyone I just want to get off of suboxone as soon as possible and want to know the fastest and successful way to do so please in desperate need.....
    I don't know if anyone responded to you here....create a thread. Let people help you here. I also am a mother of 3...now 7 days off! Tapered with the help of the good folks here. Don't know if you will get this but yeah make a thread and get things started.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12