Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Like Tree220Likes
Looking to taper off suboxone - can someone please help me?
    UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Hey Wav - just go slow. I went from 3mg to 2mg - and held for a month. Then to 1.5, another month, then 1mg month, etc.

Just got to the 0.5 the past month, so I'm just trying to get real stable before going to 0.25, then will do skip days eventually...basically it's the same process as the sub more or less...but been a thousand times easier.

As far as will it "help" overall...ya know, I don't know. I really don't quite get it. Still not even sure why they're "bad" to begin with other than addictive and unhealthy long term...I guess it will help our sleep in the long run? Will keep you posted on my progress - and keep posting here plz and let me know what you're noticing. You got this.

Wavision is offline Member

Sounds good Leo. Keep me updated and let me know your symptoms and I will do the same.
    Lvg nghtmare and UncleLeo like this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey Wav. How are you doing?? How's the taper off the benzoish stuff going? Other than that how are you feeling??

Update!! We need an update!!
    Beef

Hey beef, I'm doing well.

I've gotten down to 600mg of gabapentin a day and about 1.5mg of the benzoish stuff.

I had a good convo with the owner of a reputable cbd oil vendor the other day and I ordered some. It supposedly does miracles for some people when it comes to anxiety and sleep.

Hopefully that will make the taper easier.

How are you doing these days?

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Good deal. I've never tried the cbd oil. I've heard it does well but like anything I'm sure who you get it from makes all the difference. Let us know how that works out for you. I'm definately interested. I know you've got this. Your tapers are methodical and precise.

Things are good here. Just life you know. Looking to move back to FL this summer sometime. The girls just loved it when we visited my family over thanksgiving and they are ready for the beach. So we're looking for jobs and a new house. Just seems like a lot of hurry up and wait right now. But I'm looking forward to being back there around family.

But that's about it. Summertime so the kid is out doing whatever 16 year olds do. (Right now it looks like a lot of sleeping) which I'm ok with. That means she is staying out of trouble. But she is still a teenager so I get a few more grey hairs every day. Lol

Glad you're doing good buddy!!
    Stay on it!!
    Anyone heard from Walk??

Good to hear man. I've always wanted to move to Florida.

I haven't heard from walk, she was supposed to start her taper back up sometime this month from what I remember. Hopefully she will pop back on here.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Luna1959 is offline Member

Hey Wav, I read your post about dropping down on your Gabapentin. Will you go through withdrawals from Gabapentin? My Calendar will finally be free starting this Saturday and I am terrified going through this alone. I have read so many posts where people suffer from depression, lack of sleep and RLS for months after they taper off. Also I read that when some people taper off and jump off then start to feel terrible withdrawals about five to seven days after they stop taking the subs. Did you experience anything like what I described. I would really like to get a mentor to guide me through this process. I have noticed that there is a discrepancy about the dose tapering some people are saying to drop down by .25 mg and then you and many other people say 25%. or even lower like 15 to 20% for a longer period of time. I definitely want to to get my numbers right. Would it be ok to drop down by 25% and if i have issues drop down by 20%. I am also having trouble with my calculations. If you could mentor me I would greatly appreciate it and if not maybe you could RECOMEND someone. Maybe you could even just give me a list of the recommended dose to taper down with the recommended days to be on the subs then the skip days. I guess i am getting so many different tapering down numbers on peoples profiles is because they started at a much higher dose than me at 1mg. I am just so alone and confused. Any help would be appreciated.
    Luna

David256 is offline Member

Hey Wav, how goes it? Wanted to drop by to say ‘Hiddy Ho’. All is good with me, still living a sub free live!
    -D

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516