Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ricky71
Methadone to subutex
    wvhillbilly is offline New Member

Default Methadone to subutex

I took one dose of methadone around 20mg. How long should I wait to take 4mg of subutex. first time here hope i'm in the right forum.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there. Welcome.

Making the switch from Methadone to Subutex must be done VERY carefully. If you take the Sub too soon, you'll throw yourself into precipitated withdrawal, which is like regular withdrawal x 1000. It's hell on earth and you don't want to risk that.

In order to avoid that from happening, you must use the COWS worksheet -- it scores your WD symptoms. You need to reach a minimum score of 26 before taking any Sub.

Here's the link to the induction process, which includes the COWS worksheet and taper plan:

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Please read this link very carefully. It has everything you need to know about how to induct properly on Sub. The COWS sheet is linked under the "Induction" phase in the 5th paragraph. If you follow the induction process, you'll be able to induct on the lowest effective dose. This induction and taper plan has been used successfully by countless people over the years.

We're here to help. Ask any questions you need to.
    Kat

PS -- what have you been taking daily and how much?? Methadone only? Other opiates? DON'T take 4 mg of Sub right off the bat. It's a very powerful drug (about 20x stronger than Morphine). Again, read the above link carefully. Lots of into there!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-24-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey WV
    Don't take sub too soon after methadone or you'll throw yourself into precipitated withdrawals. Do what Bette says & use Cows sheet scale. You have to be in full wd before taking subs, which means it could be several days before it's safe. I made the mistake of taking subs too soon and it was hell. Worse than hell even. I was on 60 mg methadone.
    So be careful and honestly score yourself on the scale.
    Second time i inducted, i did it in hospital.
    Post what you plan to do. Subs is a good way to get off methadone but the induction must be done properly. Hang in there.

xdeadxleavesx is offline New Member

Default facts about methadone, suboxone,and subutex based on my dealing with these meds...

Hes not asking about "suboxone,!" hes asking about the drug "subutex!".
    These are two differnt drugs, suboxone you have, HAVE! To wait it out, or sic it out ☹ . But , it is well worth it because ofthe nature of the naloxone that is present in the drug, this Is the cause of early withdrawl..i went from methadone to suboxone, sucessfully, to being clean. It did work wonders, i had noo pain , it was a easy but long trasition to a brutal, methadone addiction, to being clean,
    It took awhile of course, but this issue is not to be rushed..it deserves you strict disipline to it to make it work ,so yeaah...

Okon other hand, SUBUTEX well thats simple, it also is a very piwerful synthetic opiode, like methadone, and suboxone both . They all three have long halflives in the body so it hangs on when u ston, mako withdrawls and "withdrawl very painful"
    THEY BOTH DIFFER LIKE THIS
    SUBOXONE= is bupernorphine, (the strong opiode, that calms the cravings and takes care of pain of withdrawl , thus easier to get out of system, when stopping, because nalexone does'nt allow to recepotors in brain to full bind to the opiod bupernorphine, , only partially, so it betters the chances of geting off fully.....

NOW, "SUBUTEX" This drug is only pure bupernorphine, and has a high chance of abuse, and overdose,
    DR.wont give usually, unless their is a reason...but yeah its very strong and u DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT TO GET ON SUBUTEX FROM METHADONE. it wolndt have same effect as suboxone.
    So i hope this clears some things up about the two chemicals, and just to add , again i am glad i changed to suboxone to become clean, only way for me really, i am back on methadone, but this is another issue,was clean for years.. But ill say this, when i am ready to get off methadone again, i WILL use suboxone and that is all! Ok , again
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-14-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by xdeadxleavesx View Post
    Hes not asking about "suboxone,!" hes asking about the drug "subutex!".
    These are two differnt drugs, suboxone you have, HAVE! To wait it out, or sic it out ☹ . But , it is well worth it because ofthe nature of the naloxone that is present in the drug, this Is the cause of early withdrawl..i went from methadone to suboxone, sucessfully, to being clean. It did work wonders, i had noo pain , it was a easy but long trasition to a brutal, methadone addiction, to being clean,
    It took awhile of course, but this issue is not to be rushed..it deserves you strict disipline to it to make it work ,so yeaah...

Okon other hand, SUBUTEX well thats simple, it also is a very piwerful synthetic opiode, like methadone, and suboxone both . They all three have long halflives in the body so it hangs on when u ston, mako withdrawls and "withdrawl very painful"
    THEY BOTH DIFFER LIKE THIS
    SUBOXONE= is bupernorphine, (the strong opiode, that calms the cravings and takes care of pain of withdrawl , thus easier to get out of system, when stopping, because nalexone does'nt allow to recepotors in brain to full bind to the opiod bupernorphine, , only partially, so it betters the chances of geting off fully.....

NOW, "SUBUTEX" This drug is only pure bupernorphine, and has a high chance of abuse, and overdose,
    DR.wont give usually, unless their is a reason...but yeah its very strong and u DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT TO GET ON SUBUTEX FROM METHADONE. it wolndt have same effect as suboxone.
    So i hope this clears some things up about the two chemicals, and just to add , again i am glad i changed to suboxone to become clean, only way for me really, i am back on methadone, but this is another issue,was clean for years.. But ill say this, when i am ready to get off methadone again, i WILL use suboxone and that is all! Ok , again
    FYI, your information is wrong! You absolutely do have to wait to take subutex when coming from methadone or any other full agonist opiate! You can go into precipitated withdrawal from both suboxone and subutex if it's taking too early after your last dose of a full agonist opiate? Buprenorphine is what causes the precipitated withdrawal which is in both suboxone and subutex! The naloxone that's in the suboxone is to prevent people from abusing the buprenorphine!

The COWS worksheet is the most accurate way to determine if you are ready to start induction on subs (suboxone or subutex) so you can avoid or lessen the chance of precipitated withdrawals...
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.