Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes
On my sub taper and could use advice.
    Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Wow. That's great news. I'm happy for you! Can't wait to join ya on the other side!

Keep up the good work.
    Kat

Ken2727 is offline Senior Member

Harry ,

That is great to see you made a skip day . Wishing you the best with finishing up and hoping you rested well .

Stay Strong

Harry Spotter is offline Member

Thanks for the support everyone.

I took my dose of .25 today after my skip day yesterday. I was planning on just being it done with it all starting yesterday but I decided I'm going to play it safe and do a skip day or two. I was just so eager to jump off that I was willing to disregard the last part of the taper when this whole taper so far has done me so well. I have been abusing pills for almost 4 years so a couple more days of subs is no biggie in the grand scheme of things.

I really need to keep myself busy. Another reason why I took my dose today was because I had absolutely nothing planned today. It's the holidays so I didn't have work or any errands I needed to run so I was just moping around my home...a recipe for disaster. I really need to find my calling in life, a hobby or whatever. Idle time is truly the devils playground. I woke up feeling pretty good. The worst of this is the lack of energy. I don't mean that in a small way either. For the past 10 years I have neglected my health plus abusing drugs and I guess I'm just able to feel it more clearly now.

Anywho, I'm off to eat dinner with my family. Talk to you all soon.
    Lincolnecho likes this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Harry your at the very very end now so playing it safe at the end is in my opinion a good idea. I totally can relate to you about idle time being the devils play ground. For this addict a couple of my worst enemies over the years was boredom and extra money in my pocket. That and insomnia also. The insomnia was taken care of years ago once I started taking trazadone back in 2004 for insomnia so that took care of that problem there. You mention lack of energy which will come back to you but with me it was lack of motivation. Over the years of alcohol abuse first then opiate abuse later on I had lost interest in doing a lot of things that years before interested me. I jumped last Dec 16 and the following week I had 6 days off from work in a row. At that time my dog had been given away which we got her back later on but if I remember right that week after was sorta tough. I know the thoughts of using opiates went thru my mind but I just had to remind myself if I took that first pill then I was going back to where I didn't want to visit again. If you can attend either AA or NA meetings or even both now would be an important time to hit as many as you can. My first attempt at getting clean way back in 1992 was right at Christmas time. I has went to a treatment center and was released on Dec 24. I followed that up the following week with a week of outpatient care at the center I had been in. They suggested going to 90 meetings my first 90 days out of treatment. It was my work off season so I had a ton of idle time. I went to 107 meetings those first 90 days. Would go to a noon meeting some days and then catch a night meeting. I was lucky in a sense Harry that I lived 2 blocks away from a halfway house here and that I had a few friends from the old days that were already in recovery. I just know for me especially in early recovery the busier I can stay the better off I am. Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving Harry and I will talk to you later.

Alex

Lincolnecho is offline Member

Well said , Alex.
    alexnt likes this.

Firefire is offline Member

Hello everyone,this site and more importantly the people in it,I hope is what I need.I have been taking hydros for the past three years ,everyday about on average 7 a day.I quit for 14 days in a row off hydros but started subs.on average I took 4 mg a day I felt great.I loved being off the hydros.I made a mistake and went back to hydros the last two days.tomorrow I'm looking to do a 5 to 7 day detox on subs can anyone please give me positive info.this is my first post .thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Firefire View Post
    Hello everyone,this site and more importantly the people in it,I hope is what I need.I have been taking hydros for the past three years ,everyday about on average 7 a day.I quit for 14 days in a row off hydros but started subs.on average I took 4 mg a day I felt great.I loved being off the hydros.I made a mistake and went back to hydros the last two days.tomorrow I'm looking to do a 5 to 7 day detox on subs can anyone please give me positive info.this is my first post .thank you
    Firefox if I were you I would start my own thread and that way more people will see it then they will if you are posting on someone elses thread. Start a thread and explain your current situation on what you are using daily how long you have been using etc. Best wishes to you.

Alex

Firefire...like Alex said, it's best to start your own thread HERE https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone-treatment/

Alex is thread a new topic,I have 4 kids and can't ask them what a thread is.I'm a pro ff and I don't use computers too often.sorry to bother you

systolic_suckerpunch is offline Senior Member

Firefire, yes a thread is a new topic. Just click the link that LincolnEcho posted and it will take you to where you can begin your own thread. If you found this page from google, you will just need to bookmark https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone-treatment to get back here to the suboxone boards where you will see a list of threads and yours once you create it.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-20-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Alex is thread a new topic,I have 4 kids and can't ask them what a thread is.I'm a pro ff and I don't use computers too often.sorry to bother you
    You aren't bothering me at all Fire. SS showed you how in her reply to you on how to do it. if you cant figure it out I will start it for you if you need me to. just let me know if you do

Alex

Sharks fan is offline Advanced Member

Harry,

I really think part of being successful is changing our old habits and starting new routines. We all were so focused on pills and everything revolved around them, so now we have to find new ways to occupy our time. I started reading again and exercising, which is so helpful when you jump.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving

bretthay is offline New Member

Hi, I'm new here and need help coming off subs. I used to have a Percocet dependency so I self medicated by going on subs. Worst mistake of my life. I am so dependent on them that I can't function without it. I'm married, have 3 kids and it ruining my life. I have tried to stop in the past and last 5 days. I couldn't deal with the withdrawals. I have a very laborious job and there is no way I can take time off. I am currently taking 4mg subs daily for about a year. I've read some posts where there was a detox plan. I'm hoping someone can help me with a plan before I lose my fam, sanity and job. thanks

I

bretthay, welcome. There is a plan, and there is hope for getting off of suboxone. It's a taper plan that gently and steadily drops your daily dose down to nothing. Here is the link to the taper plan:

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

Read it and see what you think. Ignore the parts about induction as you're already established on it. A lot of people have used this taper plan to get free from subs. Several people are currently using it to taper off right now (me included), and you can gain insight and comfort that you aren't alone in this struggle.

I strongly encourage you to post your own thread on the suboxone treatment board so that you can tell your own story and get help from the members here. Go to https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone-treatment and click the link that says post new thread.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-20-2016 at 05:29 PM.

Hi folks

Today is my second day clean! For some reason I am not that excited. Today was a pretty tough day for me, I worked and it really kicked my butt. I have absolutely no energy and I am feeling overall sadness. I wasn't really expecting rainbows and unicorns but I thought I would feel a bit better then this. The sub taper went pretty smooth for me and I guess i had to face some form of repercussion and I feel like I'm facing that now. I don't think I will dose tomorrow, this lethargy is going to drive me nuts so I am finished!!! I really hope to start feeling better within a week but whatever.

I have to say though feeling this way really made me realize that getting clean is the easy part. Throughout the whole sub taper I was excited to get to the finish line...it was my goal in life, my number 1 priority. Now that I'm here, now what? I'm feeling somewhat empty, like an elderly person who just retired and doesn't know what to do. I'm a young guy but I feel like I have no direction in life...it's kind of overwhelming.

Heh what an emo post...maybe il feel better tomorrow. Talk to you guys soon

Harry you will start feeling better its just going to take time. Try to stay busy harry and hopefully each day will get a little better.

Alex

Harry congrats on your second day clean!!!

Harry

That's totally normal, you will feel better. That's why I said exercise is so helpful, you need to produce some natural endorphins again. Try to distract yourself, I know it's tough but it will pass. Just remind yourself how hard you fought to get here.

Check out Alex & plzfreeme threads, it might help you to see it does get better.

This is when it's important to go to a meeting or occupy yourself, try not to sit around feeling sorry for yourself. You have come so far.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Wanted to say congrats on day 3 now. I'm so happy for you!

I can absolutely relate. I've struggled with exactly what you're talking about for the last few weeks. It's hard. I spent a lot of time wondering when it would end and found that makes it worse. The only time I'm not thinking about it is when I'm busy. Nights are difficult. Remember, it absolutely gets better. I know that doesn't help now, but it's only temporary.

Do anything you can to relax. Keep your mind off of it as much as possible. You're clean now, so it's only gonna get better from here on out.

I'll keep an eye out on your thread to see how you're doing. Again, I'm so happy for you that you completed your taper. Be well. Talk to you soon.
    Kat

Ken2727 is offline Senior Member

CONGRATS Harry !!!
    Hoping each day gets better and better for you and that you are well , today .

Peace ,
    Ken

Alex I'm going to try to start a thread.thank you

Ken, Lincoln, Kat, systolic, Steph and Alex thank you guys very much for the support. Without this board and you folks I really don't know if I would have made this much progress.

Today is day 3!!!'fjdkkfjgidkdksifjfj
    I feel a tiny bit (I think) better then I did yesterday. The lack of energy is still the biggest issue and I just seem to be unable to get this dark cloud out of my head. I am pretty sure that if I tapered down to .125 and did the right amount of skip days I would feel better but oh well, I'm already past day 3 so what's done is done. This too shall pass this too shall pass has been my mantra for the day because if I don't believe it then I will relapse for sure...but knowing that it will indeed pass makes this temporary pain bearable. I don't want to freak the ones tapering out though because in all honesty it's not like I'm dying, I am just uncomfortable, and I "think I know" that there is a pill out there with my name on it to make it go away but to get high now would be the biggest mistake of my life.

You know what, I should feel discomfort. The sub taper helped tremendously but it wasn't a magical miracle cure, and that's the way it should be. After abusing my body for years it won't just let me get a free pass...it's going to tell me it's pissed off and that I deserve this...and I do. The best thing for me about this sub taper was that it gave me a glimpse into sober life...and I loved it. Now that I'm not feeling 100% my mind is playing Jedi mind tricks on me but my soul or whatever it is will prevail.

Did any of you guys get cold like all the time? The weather here is freezing but even when inside a heated house I seem to be constantly chilly. My hands and feet are disgustingly clammy...I've always had clammy hands but it's worse then before. I'm also breaking out like a teenager. Is it just me or did anyone else suffer these symptoms when jumping?

For the ones tapering don't let this post discourage you...I just need an outlet to whine and complain so you guys are only hearing the worst of it...and if you read closely it's not even that bad! It's not like I'm out there spending money on drugs I can't afford, using then hating myself the next morning, lying to everyone around me, being a slave to my dealer and pills, rotting away on my couch doped up doing nothing...so at the end of the day I am extremely happy to be suffering a bit verses the alternative.

Sometimes life is really unfair...but sometimes life gets it right. I deserve this temporary pain (very minor compared to CT) so I ain't even mad atcha life.

DAY 4, BRING IT.

Harry you mention having some discomfort now but each day will get better. If your feeling a little discomfort now try to compare it to the discomfort you would be feeling now if you had CT off of roxis . Stay hydrated and push yourself to try to get some exercise as it will get those endorphins working. Heres to a better day 4.

Alex

Harry,

Read some other threads like plzfreeme & Alex and Pennielane and Daveperson. All of them went through the same thing to some degree. You're right, it's not easy but it's not meant to be. There is no escaping some form of w/d, your body & mind need to heal from all the drugs. So try to think of it as healing AND tell yourself that you'll never have to feel this way again. I think that was the single most helpful thought I had. In the past when I was c/t I would think "I hope I don't have to do this again" Key word "HOPE". This time I KNEW it was the last time and there's something incredibly freeing about that.

And you're right, this too shall pass and you'll have the rest of your life ahead of you.

I won't lecture you about meetings but you should figure something out whether it's meetings or therapy or something. The taper plan is one step in getting clean, once it's over you need to focus that energy on staying clean and that's the hard part.

Alex is right, push yourself to do something, even if it's just walking around the block. It will help you, try not to just lay on the couch.

Congrats by the way!

Harry just dropping by to say I hope everything is going ok with you.

Alex

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-02-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Harry you are probably going to have some of those what if and maybe just once thought come up. You did a pretty fast taper which was good but it really hasn't been all that long ago since you last used opiates. Try to look at some of the positives such as all the money you didn't throw away buying roxis. Also not having to worry about chasing pills anymore or not getting dopesick because you have run out of pills or cant find any. They say getting clean isn't hard its staying clean that's hard. I don't know about you but getting clean to me wasnt actually really all that much fun and I don't know about you but its something I don't want to have to go thru again. Whenever those crazy thoughts would go thru my mind and I still have them now and then I just always thought it out about what a disaster it would be if I were to take that first pill. Sooner or later I would be off to the races and most likely it would be real soon. One day at a time Harry is what we have.

Alex
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-02-2013 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Spotter View Post
    Ken, Lincoln, Kat, systolic, Steph and Alex thank you guys very much for the support. Without this board and you folks I really don't know if I would have made this much progress.

Today is day 3!!!'fjdkkfjgidkdksifjfj
    I feel a tiny bit (I think) better then I did yesterday. The lack of energy is still the biggest issue and I just seem to be unable to get this dark cloud out of my head. I am pretty sure that if I tapered down to .125 and did the right amount of skip days I would feel better but oh well, I'm already past day 3 so what's done is done. This too shall pass this too shall pass has been my mantra for the day because if I don't believe it then I will relapse for sure...but knowing that it will indeed pass makes this temporary pain bearable. I don't want to freak the ones tapering out though because in all honesty it's not like I'm dying, I am just uncomfortable, and I "think I know" that there is a pill out there with my name on it to make it go away but to get high now would be the biggest mistake of my life.

You know what, I should feel discomfort. The sub taper helped tremendously but it wasn't a magical miracle cure, and that's the way it should be. After abusing my body for years it won't just let me get a free pass...it's going to tell me it's pissed off and that I deserve this...and I do. The best thing for me about this sub taper was that it gave me a glimpse into sober life...and I loved it. Now that I'm not feeling 100% my mind is playing Jedi mind tricks on me but my soul or whatever it is will prevail.

Did any of you guys get cold like all the time? The weather here is freezing but even when inside a heated house I seem to be constantly chilly. My hands and feet are disgustingly clammy...I've always had clammy hands but it's worse then before. I'm also breaking out like a teenager. Is it just me or did anyone else suffer these symptoms when jumping?

For the ones tapering don't let this post discourage you...I just need an outlet to whine and complain so you guys are only hearing the worst of it...and if you read closely it's not even that bad! It's not like I'm out there spending money on drugs I can't afford, using then hating myself the next morning, lying to everyone around me, being a slave to my dealer and pills, rotting away on my couch doped up doing nothing...so at the end of the day I am extremely happy to be suffering a bit verses the alternative.

Sometimes life is really unfair...but sometimes life gets it right. I deserve this temporary pain (very minor compared to CT) so I ain't even mad atcha life.

DAY 4, BRING IT.
    I appreciate you candor, this thing will only work if we are honest with ourselves and each other. The most important comment in your post is using now would be the worst mistake of my life. Me too.

I have decided without a doubt, when the time comes my 4 days at .25 will be followed by 4 days of .125 then skip days. It's not that I'm a baby. Truth is my supply house knows I'm out of the game and I'm sure they would love to see a good paying customer return.

I want to take every action available to make this transition successful and as painless as possible.

Congratulations on being 100% clean. You are leading the way for those of us following....

Lincoln

plzfreeme is offline Junior Member

It's so annoying that an entire post gets deleted for swearing!!!!! Geez are we not all adults? Harry Yes, I stayed cold. I jumped the day after Xmas and it was so cold outside. That combined with my cold body was brutal. I actually brought my heating pad to work but I am lucky to have an office where nobody questions you and I it's claimed a muscle pull. The low energy -and sadness is totally expected as our brains try to figure out how to function normally without synthetic stimuli. Are you able to exercise? Even a snails pace walk will help. The sadness for me was hard for a week. Week 2 was better and then something in my brain started working again and I felt better mentally. My dr helped by prescribing clonidine and something for sleep but made me promise to give it 30 days and if I was still depressed he'd help with an anti depressant. 30 days seems like eternity I know but it will pass. Thinking about you!!
    Lincolnecho likes this.
    My last dose of sub was 12noon on 12/26/12. I'm free!!!

Hello earthlings!

- Alex, your right I did do a very fast taper. Your right that it's only been a bit over a month now since I used so this is new territory so I must tread carefully!
    - Lincoln, I struggle when I decide which words I am going to use when I post. I try to keep it as positive as possible but I also keep it real...as weird as it sounds, to me it's a beautiful struggle. You are in no way being a baby tapering down to .125. The first couple of days I really wished I did the same because I was struggling but what's done was done so I had to move forward.
    - Plz, this is the second post the mods deleted of mine...although I don't agree with why they did it it's their forum so their rules . Thank you for your story and your support!

Wanted to give a quick update.

So today was the end of day 6 and now I am on to day 7 CLEAN! 47 days since I used Roxie's as well. I feel a lot better today then I did the first few days, although I still feel gross and unhealthy but it's seems to be improving. I even hit the gym last night and tonight and it helped tremendously. Something about blasting music and lifting weights/ running gives me a natural high. My internal temperature is still all over the place, I am always cold? I sneeze at least 10 times a day still but my energy seems to be coming back to me which is fantastic! Sleep is still hard and I really hope it doesn't last much longer.

This is the LONGEST time I have EVER been clean since the genesis of my drug addiction. This is all so new to me and I'm pretty proud of myself. Physical symptoms seem to be subsiding a bit so of course cravings return. The cravings seem to come in waves...intense tsunamis followed by calm. I've learned that when cravings hit they suck but they don't last forever, I just try to think of something else and it goes away after a bit. I guess the "this too shall pass" is actually true. I have to stop expecting myself to feel 100%...I am only 6 days clean now. But knowing that is good because i will only start feeling better!

A thought that freaked me out today was the fact that people relapse after months or years of sobriety. It really goes to show how powerful this is. It's almost like we have this monster inside of us...through clean time the roars turn to whispers but is never silenced. Scary stuff. But maybe we can use this monster in our favor?

It's late and no proof reading so I hope my post made some sense.

Night everyone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast