My suboxone experience and advice!
    SmokinBull is offline New Member

Default My suboxone experience and advice!

Hey guys, I am new here but have been following a few posts in this section. I will start by letting you all know that my name is Jason and I am 33 years old.
    I have never done any serious drug before except for marijuana and pain pills. I started getting suboxone and thought it was a miracle drug to get off of my addiction to pain medication. It magically made me feel better when dealing with the withdrawals from the medication I was addicted to. I didn't do a lot of reading about it but heard that it was great for getting people off certain drugs and to help the withdrawal symptoms. I took suboxone for almost a year and towards the end before I quit cold turkey in May 2016, because I was having stomach issues. I don't know what was causing it, but I assumed the suboxone strips. I thought maybe some of the liquid medication in my mouth, was going down into my stomach and causing what appeared to be stomach lining issues in one spot of my stomach. I couldn't eat hard food, and could barely drink anything but water. I was miserable and had a decision to make. Stop suboxone or keep taking them and hope it all gets better?
    I did what I figured was best and stopped cold turkey. I couldn't deal with all the stomach problems I was having. I stopped back in May. I was so sick after stopping, I felt like I was dying. I held on for as long as I could and after two weeks, I broke down and went to the hospital. I was afraid to tell them what I had been taking because I didn't want them to label me a drug abuser. They didn't know what was going on with me and gave me the default upset stomach meds like Zofran. It helped make my stomach not feel as upset as it was before but did not solve the underlying problem. I went back to the hospital a week later and broke down and told the doctor what I had been taking and why. I told him when the issues with my stomach started happening, and I also told him when I quit cold turkey. Of course, he labeled me a poly-substance abuser, but knew exactly what I needed to get better, with my stomach. I did follow another post's suggestions, and took Ginseng tablets and Vitamin B6 tablets from GNC, everyday. It helped some but here are the medications they prescribed me, just in case anyone else having similar issues like me, can get better ASAP!

• Ondansetron ODT 4MG
    • Pantoprazole 40MG
    • Sucralfate 1GM
    • Promethazine 25MG
    • Cimetidine 400MG

The Sucralfate worked the best. The doctor explained it as a medication to re-coat the lining of my stomach. These medications made my stomach A LOT better. I am feeling so much better than I was and I am glad I am finally done and off suboxone. I will NEVER take another suboxone as long as I live and I MEAN IT! It's not worth the complications that arose with me stomach. I am not 150% with my stomach yet, but I know it will take time. As of now, I am off all stomach medication and I am about 75% with my stomach. I can't drink or handle any soda/carbonation so I stopped drinking soda months ago when these problems started. I drink water and tea. I only eat once a day, and sometimes don't do that. My stomach feels unsettled from time to time and a bit uneasy but nothing or nowhere near like it was before. I have noticed my senses are so sensitive now, I can taste the harsh chemicals in stuff I eat. I can't drink Gatorade anymore because whatever chemical(s) they put in their drinks, my stomach and my taste buds just don't seem to want to handle it. My stomach has also been sensitive to spicy foods as well. I take Nexium everyday to help with the heartburn and the unsettled feeling, because even the littlest heartburn feels like my stomach is going to fall out! Anyway, I am doing much better now and I know the rest of the issues I am experiencing, just take time to get better. My biggest advice to anyone who is on suboxone, do your best and get off of it, any way you are able to. It's a horrible medication that shouldn't be given out. It's the doctor's way of getting you addicted to a "legal" medication so they can profit off of you. It's sick and the only way it'll get better is if we all take a stand and refuse to use suboxone, AT ALL COSTS! I just hope the information I have posted, helps someone, somewhere!

Thanks for reading!

Bull~

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Smokinbull
    Welcome. Your experience is good to share.
    However, for some folks, like methadone addicts, transferring to subs is the best and most successful way to taper. As u mentioned, ur personal experiences are limited to pot and pills. May you never experience the horrors of methadone wd; that is my hope for you. Some of us were fortunate to find the sub taper option and successfully used it as a short term tool to mitigate the methadone wd. It is a life saver in that respect.
    I agree that sub is best used as a short term replacement and at the lowest dose possible. Long term use has its challenges as many have discovered.
    Glad you made it through. Congrats!

SmokinBull is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ming23 View Post
    Smokinbull
    Welcome. Your experience is good to share.
    However, for some folks, like methadone addicts, transferring to subs is the best and most successful way to taper. As u mentioned, ur personal experiences are limited to pot and pills. May you never experience the horrors of methadone wd; that is my hope for you. Some of us were fortunate to find the sub taper option and successfully used it as a short term tool to mitigate the methadone wd. It is a life saver in that respect.
    I agree that sub is best used as a short term replacement and at the lowest dose possible. Long term use has its challenges as many have discovered.
    Glad you made it through. Congrats!
    Thank you! I am sure the subs help a lot of people who were on much worse stuff than me, but you are right. Short time is best, and lowest dose available. I forgot to mention, I took one 8MG strip a day, during my suboxone use, if anyone was wondering.