Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
My taper plan
    SuboxoneMac is offline Junior Member

Default My taper plan

So I've been on oxycodone for 10 years now, lately doing 120mg a day, which I know it isn't a lot but doing that and more some days for ten years has taking a toll on my body, I have started at 2mg of Suboxone every 24 hrs, I did good the first day and the second day I woke up at 3am in w/d do i took another mg, then yesterday I took 2mg at 8am and another mg at 8pm and slept like a baby(along with 1.5mg Xanax which I only take if I cannot fall asleep). Today I am going to try not to dose more then the 2mg of sub I took at 8am, so far so good! If I can have 2mg hold me over for 24 hours I will be happy! So we will see how tonight goes. If all goes well I plan on being on 2 mg another 3 days then go to 1.75 mg for 4 days then 1.5 for four days, all the way down to .25mg then start skipping days till I'm able to skip 4 days and be done with it all! My main question is why did I do good on 2mg the first day but woke up in w/d the second day, bad enough to where I took a mg piece, now I'm scared that I will wake up early morning and have w/d but hopefully the Xanax will keep me knocked out. If anyone has any pointers for me or any tips please feel free to post them! Thank you all in advance, and this forum really gives me hope and gets me excited about the process(which I have never been happy or excited about this ever before) the oxys are completely out of my mind and I cannot afford to do them anymore. Good luck to all of you in the same boat as me, one day at a time I guess!

So here is an update: yesterday I took two mg in the morning and before bed I took a mg of Xanax and smoked a bowl of weed along with 3 sleeping pills, but I did not have to redose the Suboxone, I just work up at 7:20 am but I feel like >>>>, lucky for me it's almost time to dose again.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuboxoneMac View Post
    So here is an update: yesterday I took two mg in the morning and before bed I took a mg of Xanax and smoked a bowl of weed along with 3 sleeping pills, but I did not have to redose the Suboxone, I just work up at 7:20 am but I feel like >>>>, lucky for me it's almost time to dose again.

Welcome!

Congratulations on being on a "lower" dose of Suboxone. We see far too mnay come here that are taking upwards of 16mg daily and really struggling. The 2-3mg you're taking is about average for most people. So great job!

It's very important to take the same dose(s) of sub at the same time(s) everyday. This keeps a steady rhythm going and a level amount in your system which will help you feel your best on the sub. Those that take Suboxone on an "as needed" basis struggle from beginning to end. Not the way to take subs. Take your dose in a timely manner and forget it until the next day.

I have to caution you about mixing Xanax with Suboxone. They DO NOT go together well. Both Suboxone (and all opiates) along with Xanax (benzo's) are CNS (central nervious system) depressants. They can slow your breathing to dangerous levels and cause other issues. This site has an "Interactions Checker" at the very top where you can list the drugs you're taking and establish how the interact with one another. I've done that for you and here's the link below to the results....

https://www.drugs.com/interactions-c...39-2040,133-54

As you can clearly see the Suboxone and Xanax taken togerther have a Major issue. Now you add the weed and sleeping pills to the mix and you have a recipe for disaster. Please use extreme caution. If you've used the Xanax for a short period of time I would taper off and be done with it. If you've been on it for a while under doctors I would take the alowest possible dose while you're on the Suboxone. I've been down the benzo road and it can get pretty ugly.

You know the 25%, 4-7 days taper plan. Follow it closely and you'll do fine. Reduce only when stable on the current dose. If you reduce and aren't stable you'll have problems the entire taper. I'm sure you've researched this as well.

As for why did the 2mg dose of sub work the first day and not the second, my guess is that you required a bit more sub. The induction process can actually take a couple days to find the right dose. It happens often where a little more sub is required to get completely stable. Try taking 3mg daily for around 4-7 days to make certain you're stable. Then you can begin the taper process.

This pan works that's a fact. Thousands have used it successfully, including myself. You're going to do well I'm sure of it!

Randy
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thank you Randy, that meant a lot to me, and yeah I've read the link, my problem is that I cannot fall asleep ever, I have insomnia and it is hard to wake up when I finally do fall asleep late at night. As far as the weed goes I've been smoking for a while but only 1-2 hits out of a bowl a night, my body is used to the weed, another thing is I got the Xanax just for the beginning of my switch from oxycodone to Suboxone. I feel as if it makes my transission much easier. I can say tho that I haven't once planned on getting more oxy, I thought about them but never actually tried to get some, I have no desire to use(surprisingly) I took 2 mg at 8am today and am still doing ok, hopefully this will continue for the next 2 days and then I can try to cut down, however if I need an extra day on the 2mg then so be it. But Suboxone makes me feel good just seams like it wears off before 24hr mark, but hopefully TM it will be better. Went for a walk today with my GF and of course I went to work in the am, as I have been doing and will continue to do it, that is something I cannot miss. So so far so good, I will be posting here daily and once again thank you for the response Randy!

Did fine on 2mg yesterday, so for 2 days I have been on 2mg which holds me over for 24 hrs, today is my third day and I just dosed, I also hate Xanax and do it one once a couple of months so I'm taking less and less each day I only did 1 mg yesterday, gonna do .5mg today and .25mg sat and sun, anyway hope everyone is ok, I am mentally strong this time around! Thank you and keep fighting guys!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

I need some words of encouragement, bad start to my day, still at 2mg just not feeling as good as last 3 days

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey SuboxoneMac, It's not a race, like Randy said get good and stable before you reduce. It takes time hang in there you got this... keep yourself busy don't watch the clock.. keep reading and posting we are all here to support you... Stay Strong for Today..

Thanks lvg nghtmare just had a hard time getting out of bed but once I got moving I feel better, off to work now, thank you for the support!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Just doing a drive by to how things are going.. Keep moving.. Stay Strong for Today..

Everything is going smoothly, yesterday I did my drop to 1.75 and felt fine all day, did a lot of stuff around the house cleaned my car, then went with my GF to visit my parents and we all went out to dinner, after dinner I changed my mom's oil(I've been a mechanic for ten years now) then went home and went to bed, no Xanax no weed and no sleep aids, slept pretty good too
    Today is the second day of the drop and I just dosed an hour ago, today should go smooth like yesterday, so I am excited and happy as of now, taking it day by day.
    One problem I do have, is goosebumps, but it does not feel like withdrawal goosebumps but around night time 7pm it starts and every 30 min or so I get goosebumps all over no chills no nothing just goosebumps, it's not bad or anything just weird/annoying anyways, I'm keeping my head up thanks for checking up on me
    Leah987 likes this.

Hey Mac, keep it up your doing fine remember not a race.. all the symptoms are all normal I broke out all over face chest ughh yes weird your not alone with that. Awesome stay busy helps physically and mentally.. keep us posted.. again good job... Stay Strong for Today...

Doing ok, no Xanax and weed yesterday, slept decently I guess, day 3 of 1.75mg just dosed and getting ready for work, the goosebumps are slowly fading away I believe still going strong and am mentally in a good place!
    Beefaroni7272 and Leah987 like this.

Keep Going... Stay Strong for Today

Leah987 is offline Senior Member

Doing ok, no Xanax and weed yesterday, slept decently I guess, day 3 of 1.75mg just dosed and getting ready for work, the goosebumps are slowly fading away I believe still going strong and am mentally in a good place!
    Hi, Mac....welcome to the forum. I have no experience with suboxone, so can't be much help there, but I just wanted to drop by and say it sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work...you're getting there!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.
    .....Ryka-Leah

Whenever I said I did my drop to 1.75 I meant to say 1.5. I have been on 1.5 for four days now and shall drop to 1-1.25 tm for another 4 days, so far so good, completely stopped the Xanax and only smoke weed if I cannot fall asleep, although sleep aids have been a godsent to me. So far I feel good, and still super strong mentally, I'm just so over this whole oxy thing that I haven't had any real cravings. Now that I think about it I haven't even considered getting any this time around. All in all I'm feeling good and mentally strong, the key for me is what was mentioned here before... It's not a race....but if you really want to be clean you won't mind a few uncomfortable nights or what have you. With that said I haven't experienced anything crazy that would make me want to take more Suboxone, as the days go by I'm starting to enjoy music at a deeper level and find something to smile about daily, it's still a long road ahead but so far so good, I'm actually excited about lowering the dose every four days, I look forward to it to see how I feel, also I've noticed the busier I am the less I think about or examine how I feel, which makes this whole thing easier, also working 9-10 hours a day helps too, but I don't mind working cuz I love doing what I do(auto body tech) it's a peaceful quiet yet precise job. Anyways that's my update so far, will post tm about how my drop is going, take care everyone!

Yesss awesome.. keep smiling.. Stay Strong for Today

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Great job mac!!! Keep up the good work. No rush. You got this. Everyone on this site has given fantastic advice. Today is day 19 that I've been off subs and I made the jump from 1 mg and I wish I had researched a proper taper plan. I did taper myself down from 16 mg to 1 mg over the course of several months but I should have gone much lower to soften the landing so to speak. It has not been easy but I have a great support system at home and I started researching this site on day 11 when I was feeling awful and wondering why that nice picture online that said the worst would be over in 72 hours wasn't working. Everyone here is amazing and they have helped me tremendously. I can't thank them enough. You sound great and you've done your research. Stay the course. You can do this! Just like everyone said it is not a race, take it a day at a time.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thanks beefaroni I was planning on dropping to 1.25 today but I did not, I don't know what happened to me last night but I slept maybe an hour, then around 3 am I had horrible anxiety which felt like w/d maybe I never noticed it before cuz I usually slept at the time, anyways it took a lot not to take the sub then but I made it till the morning time, however I decided to stay on 1.5 another day and see if tonight goes any better , if I feel normal tonight then I'll do the drop TM but if I still feel off then I'll stay on 1.5 another couple days till my sleep schedule returns to normal(I'm guessing the no Xanax also had an I fluence on my lack of sleep and anxiety) somehow I made it till 7 am and took 1.5mg and laid in bed for about 45 min then went to get coffee and a MTN dew kickstart for my mid work day, so far I feel good as before, just kinda stressing out about night time, only time will tell, I'll report back tomorrow, maybe it was just an off night like the one I had before I don't know, but I'm trying not to stress out over it! Thanks again guys

Just take it slow. There's no rush. You wanna make sure you do it right so you only have to do it once. Follow your taper plan and don't look back. You can do this!!!

Hey guys sorry I went MIA life got a little bit crazy with my health issues(brain condition) however back to my recovery, I have used one day since I stopped posting but that was a mistake and next day I went back on subs, I'm having a serious problem going below 1mg, I used to be fine taking 1mg and being fine for 24hrs well that stopped working for some reason so I had to switch to .5mg in am and .5 mg at night, today I took 1 mg when I woke up to try and see if I can make it till TM morning, idk what has changed for me or what the cause of it not holding me over 24hrs anymore is, but it is frustrating, I would take .5mg around 7:30 am and was usually fine till 8pm but lately when I take .5mg in the morning, by 2pm I'd feel like >>>>, so I'd redose but made sure not to go over a mg, but today I took a full mg in the morning to see if I can get back into the routine of dosing once a day, at this point idk what to expect tonight but hoping for the best, I'm at a loss, idk what to do or what the next step is...ugh that's life I guess...

Hey Mac. Welcome back!! From everything I've read, when you get to 1mg that's when it gets tough. If you need a few more days to stabalize at 1mg that's fine. Keep doing what you're doing. You're so close!! Keep up the good work! Soon this will all be behind you. It is all part of the process. Stay hydrated and stay active. Getting out and doing something, anything really helps. I know sometimes it feels impossible but you gotta get moving. You'll feel better. Follow the taper plan. You got this.

Sorry to hear about your health problems. We are all pulling for you!! Keep your head up.

Keep doing the next right thing!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hello Mac we are glad your back. So you are at still at 1 mg split twice a day right. I do believe you should take it once a day at the same time every day until you feel good and stable on that dose. I'm sure Randy will be by to give you his Support hang in there...
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.
    ***Stay Strong for Today***

Yes .5mg in am and .5mg in pm, today I took 1mg in the morning to see if it will hold me over, I'm doing the best I can, and at .5mg twice a day I feel good, normal, I work anywhere from 8-11 hrs a day so I'm preoccupied with work so I don't think about it, until recently when I had to take my pm dose of .5mg earlier in the day, so to recap .5mgx2/day and today I took 1mg in am to see if I can get back to dosing once a day, so far so good, just praying I can be staying me at 1mg once a day for now...thank you guys for the warm welcome backs

Yes .5mg in am and .5mg in pm, today I took 1mg in the morning to see if it will hold me over, I'm doing the best I can, and at .5mg twice a day I feel good, normal, I work anywhere from 8-11 hrs a day so I'm preoccupied with work so I don't think about it, until recently when I had to take my pm dose of .5mg earlier in the day, so to recap .5mgx2/day and today I took 1mg in am to see if I can get back to dosing once a day, so far so good, just praying I can be staying me at 1mg once a day for now...thank you guys for the warm welcome backs

Glad you came back. When you get down to 1mg of sub and lower the mental games begin and put all sorts of scenarios in our heads. Keep in mind that you’re getting off a very strong drug and there will be some symptoms as you get to the finish line. Another reason, and what held me back was I knew in the back of my mind that I would very soon be taking any kind of addictive drug, and my addiction was coming to and end. And that scared me. Maybe it’s scaring you too and holding you back from reducing lower?

What I did was tell myself over and over that I was getting off the sub and that was all there was too it. I told myself that no matter how mild or how severe the symptoms got I would continue reducing my dose and jump. You need to get yourself into that frame of mind. Once you get past the road block you’ll be able to push through and resume the taper.

There have been many that tell themselves they can’t taper lower and make the jump from much too high of a dose. Don’t make that mistake. Taper down to at least .25mg.

Dig in and fight for the right to be clean. You CAN do this!

Randy

Meant to say that “I would very soon NOT be taking any kind of addictive drug”.

Sorry guys I thought I wrote a replay two days ago, anyways I have been successful(ish) at dosing 1mg every 24hrs, but lately I've been taking my doses earlier and earlier in the morning, and Randy, I'm so far past the "being scared of never getting high again" or similar scenario, the thought of never getting high again actually works to my advantage this time around, when I tried to quit last time tho I thought about that, and they way I beat that thought process then was to tell my self that maybe one day on a special occasion I would do it(literally just tricking my brain) and it worked, it eases my mind about never having to worry about it, even tho I knew I didn't want to use at all anymore, and this time around I'm completely comfortable saying that I really never want to get high again, def not on opiates, I still smoke weed from time to time, I'll take a hit or two out of a bowl or my THC vape pen(but weed isn't something I do daily or feel the need to do daily, I mean >>>> whenever I do smoke it's before bed. But here is the only thing in my mind that I still cannot grasp: HOW IN THE WORLD IS SUBOXONE, a drug that I can taper down with but with pills I couldn't, let me elaborate: when I started using back in the day like everyone else, one pill wouldn't do it anymore so I had to take more and more to feel good(tolerance obviously) so how is it that when I was on 3mg of Suboxone daily and successfully tapered down to 1mg daily, how come I felt pretty good the whole time, does Suboxone not have a tolerance built up, I mean on one mg I feel cruddy by the morning, my question is if I keep staying on one mg for a little longer will the 24hrs become more bearable?(around the 19hr mark), like how can I be on one mg and feel better daily(I'm hoping this is what happens) instead of my body craving more as it would have done with pills? I don't understand that at all, sorry it's hard for me to explain it, especially since English is my second language lol, hope you guys get what I'm trying to say, anyways hope you are all having a great restful weekend and are enjoying it as much as u guys can, it snowed here yesterday so I'm gonna take the drone out and get some sweet pictures !!! Hang in there guys, I love you all and am grateful for you guys! And I'm just hoping my body stabilizes at the one mg a day I've been on the last 4 days

Your body will stabalize. It takes time. If you need to spend a few extra days on 1mg do it. Don't drop until you're ready. When you get to 1mg is when the taper gets a little rough. You gotta grit your teeth and get through it. Think of it as a little bit of suffering to make your jump much less painful. I jumped from 1mg and I definately wouldn't recommend it. I wish I had found this site and done more research before my jump. Subs are a funny, crazy strong drug. Less is more with it. You're doing a great job and very soon all this will be behind you. I'm sure others will be by to give you more suggestions and insight. You're almost there!!! Keep doing what you're doing!! Proud of you. Stay hydrated!!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thank for the encouragement it means a lot,hopefully not too much longer to be stable at once daily dosing, although it hasn't felt any easier since I started to dose once a day, so any day now I hope and like I said if this is as bad as it gets for the drop then I can live with it! Just happy I'm still on track! Hope all is well for everyone !

So I believe I am now stable at 1mg once a day, I'll see how I sleep tonight and TM probably take 1mg last time to be sure and Thursday go down to .75mg and see how it goes!

I cannot for the life of me get lower then 1mg with once daily dosing, currently I take .75 mg a day by taking .5 in the morning and .25 at night once I feel good I'll make it .25 and .25 and then once daily , this is the only way I can lower my daily dosage and I'm ok with that at this point anyways happy holidays!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast