• 2 Post By UncleLeo
  • 2 Post By zebra1961
  • 2 Post By Msharky
  • 2 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By Ming23
Need Advice, 2 days stopped Suboxone
    Msharky is offline New Member

Default Need Advice, 2 days stopped Suboxone

I need some advice on what to expect. I was taking 30 Mil Hydrocodone a day, 2, 5mg the morning, one 5 mg in the afternoon and 2 or 3, 5 mgat night. Went to Dr and he almost killed me!!! Last HC Friday morning at 5 am, Dr at 4 pm started me on 2 8 mg and sent me home with orders to take 2 8 mg a day. This was the worst experience of my life!!! Saturday morning at 6am cut the film in half and at midnight Saturday night I cut in in an 1/8, 1 mg. STOPPED the SUBS!!! So that puts me at 32 hours with nothing, lots of water, exersize, vitamins, protein shakes, great diet, fruit, and light on everything else. It's my understanding I am going to w/d no matter what but when????? I feel fine right now, a little anxiety but nothing like Withdrawl. My hope is someone can advise with similar experience?? Thank You in Advance!!!!!
    Catrina and Autumnhopes like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Msharky View Post
    I need some advice on what to expect. I was taking 30 Mil Hydrocodone a day, 2, 5mg the morning, one 5 mg in the afternoon and 2 or 3, 5 mgat night. Went to Dr and he almost killed me!!! Last HC Friday morning at 5 am, Dr at 4 pm started me on 2 8 mg and sent me home with orders to take 2 8 mg a day. This was the worst experience of my life!!! Saturday morning at 6am cut the film in half and at midnight Saturday night I cut in in an 1/8, 1 mg. STOPPED the SUBS!!! So that puts me at 32 hours with nothing, lots of water, exersize, vitamins, protein shakes, great diet, fruit, and light on everything else. It's my understanding I am going to w/d no matter what but when????? I feel fine right now, a little anxiety but nothing like Withdrawl. My hope is someone can advise with similar experience?? Thank You in Advance!!!!!
    Welcome!

It's astonishing to me that doctors prescribe such high doses of subs. 16mg/day is insane even for people who are taking much, MUCH higher doses of an opiate. You were taking up to 30mg/day of hydros. You were smart to discontinue the subs. Did they make you sick? He gave you your first dose of subs on the same day that you took a hydro. Also not the thing to do and if it did make you sick, it's because you took the sub too soon after having taken the hydro and at a dose that is many times higher than what you would have needed.

The half life of subs is very long. Just to give you perspective, the half life of hydros is around 4 hours and the half life of subs can be as long as 72 hours. If I'm understanding what you took, it was 8mg, then 4mg, then 1mg over the course of just over 24 hours. With the long half life, it's no surprise that you are still experiencing the effects of it. If you hadn't taken any subs,withdrawal symptoms would begin within 12 to 24 hours and peak around the 36 hour mark and remain steady for the next few days. Because of the subs you now have in your system, everything is going to be delayed until the subs you have taken dissipates. I would hunker down and treat those symptoms and try to get through this without using the subs. If you simply can't bear the symptoms, you could use and taper the subs but you should begin at a much lower dose.

Let us know how you're doing. Regardless of whether you can get through withdrawal without the subs or if you end up back on them, the best thing to do is to not take anything until you are in moderate to severe withdrawal. Once you get there, you can reinduct the subs the correct way by taking very small doses until you are stable (little to no withdrawal symptoms). You would begin by taking .5mg (1/2mg) and wait 45 minutes to an hour and if you still have symptoms, you would take another .25 (1/4mg) piece of the sub and repeat this process until you are symptom free. With your daily dose of around 30mg of hydro per day, I wouldn't expect that you would need more than 2mg/day and perhaps even less than that. Once you establish your correct dose of the subs, you would begin to follow the slow taper plan that is used here by reducing every four or five days by no more than 25% and continue that way until you are at or below .25 (1/4) mg per day at which time you can jump, do skip days, or reduce even further. The lower the dose, the softer the landing at the end.

This is your decision but I would truly try to get through this without the subs. If you can't do it, you can reconsider. Keep posting and we'll help you no matter what you decide. If the last time you took any sub was Saturday, some of the most severe withdrawal symptoms might begin to arrive in the next day or two. Keep posting!

Peace,

Cat
    Msharky likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

For how long were you on/taking the Hydrocodone?

Cat is right, these doctors really have no idea about subs! They put people on way too much sub and keep them on it for way too long! They are basically just following the dosing guidelines that the suboxone/buprenorphine manufacturer recommends?

I'm in agreement with Cat that you try and not use the sub to get off the hydro! Let us know your thoughts and/or concerns? Best of luck to you! God bless us all!
    Ming23 and Msharky like this.

Thank Cat!!!
    Actually this Quack Dr gave me 2 (TWO) 8 Mg Films 30 Miniutes apart and sent me home!! I almost didn't make it to the house. When I started reading I started to panic!!! I will not ever take the Subs again, I will kick this without it!!! I have to go back to work Wednesday and was hoping the worst would be over? Thank You So Much for your quick response!!!!
    Autumnhopes and Ming23 like this.

About a year, but broken up at time, I have had w/d from the HC before when I ran out a couple times but never for more than a few days, I appreciate your response!!!!!! Thank You

Autumnhopes is offline Member

Hi Msharky,
    When did you stop taking the hydrocodone? Day 3-4 is usually the worst. AT least is was for me. Day 5 starts getting a little better (only sleep issues & bathroom issues may linger..also anxiety lingered a couple weeks for me) But it seems to depend on the person. Everyone is a little different with how their w/d goes down for them. But you can get through it!! Before you know it, you will be feeling better & better every day!
    Msharky likes this.

I stopped Friday morning at 5am, before that Thursday was 25mg with the last one at 9pm. I can do this, I just trusted this Dr to help some. I had a total of 21 mg of sub in me, 16 mg Friday at 4pm, 4 mg Saturday at 6am them 1mg Saturday night at Midnight. So it's been close to 36 hours without anything and besides the anxiety I'm fine right now.
    Autumnhopes, Ming23 and UncleLeo like this.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Blessing in disguise Sharkey Let nature run it's course now...just weather the storm if some yuckiness feelings come along and you'll be ok.
    Msharky and Ming23 like this.

Hi everyone, hour 60 since 1 mg sub, 84 hours since lat 5mg HC, been drinking about 2 gal water a day, gallon of Gatorade, been taking Magneseum, D3, Niacine and B12, laying in Sun for 2 days sweating like crazy( from the Sun) Zero side effects, Appitite is back too!! The problem I'm having is anticipating the w/d that should be happening now? I felt pretty bad, like W/D symptoms but though they we the massive wrong dose of sub the quack gave me? Am I still going to suffer tomorrow at hour 72???? I feel really good right now with all things considered but I'm stressing assuming I'm going down in flames very soon?

zebra1961 is offline Member

Default Msharky

Hello I just wanted to say you wont be going down in flames, remember every hour that passes your body is being rid of drugs. If you have wds just ride them out, you can do it. Subs stay in your system longer that short acting opiates so it takes longer to get out, so dont sit around dreading wds starting, live your life dont dwell on wds or it will be the longest days hours minutes of your life. If you start feeling rough take a hot soak ( works wonders for physical wd symptoms ) or exercise any way you can walk bike swim this helps with mental problems. Everyone is different you may have mild wds or some people have almost none!! If you are this far along with almost no wds I think ( I am no Dr. or anything like that ) you are going to be fine!!! Just ride it out if you think you need help ask your Dr. for some comfort meds ( No Benzos too addictive )You will get thru this stay busy time will pass and soon its over!!!
    Catrina and Msharky like this.

Thank You so much for the encouraging words!!!!! Have a Happy 4th!! I'll post tomorrow at hour 72. Your guys are awesome!!!!!
    Catrina and Autumnhopes like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Thank You so much for the encouraging words!!!!! Have a Happy 4th!! I'll post tomorrow at hour 72. Your guys are awesome!!!!!
    It's great that you're feeling good. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! Zebra is right. You weren't using really high doses of the hydros and thank goodness you caught the subs early on. You may just skate right through this without too much trouble at all. I hope so. Worrying about what may or may not happen is just creating anxiety that you don't need. If you end up with symptoms, so be it,. You'll deal with it then and get through it. There's not a dang thing you're going to do about it. I know that's a lot easier said then done but I know that my worst enemy was anticipating how sick I was going to get.

Let it go. You're going to do great no matter what.

Peace,

Cat
    Ming23 and Msharky like this.

Thanks Cat!!!!! I'all keep you posted!!

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Msharky
    Welcome!
    Just hang in there! Low dose hydro habit can be kicked fairly quickly. Cat says about a week. Symptoms vary according to how much u were using. You were on low doses, so might be like a cold.
    You're doing all the right things, drinking water, vitamins etc.
    Stay focused on the goal when you're uncomfortable.
    The life without being addicted is much better...promise! Post when u can.
    Autumnhopes likes this.