Need help with quick suboxone taper after ocycodone
    fonzy93 is offline New Member

Default Need help with quick suboxone taper after ocycodone

Hello i am 23 years old my story all started almost 3 years ago when I tried my first oxy contin I had done blues occasionally and liked them once in a great while but the moment that first op 30 kicked in I knew I was in trouble. At first it was 15 mgs then 30 then 60 then 75 and so on until just recently I was doing 100 to 240 mgs a day of whatever type of ocycodone I could get so I wouldn't be sick and if I couldn't find oxy i would settle for about 10 to 15 vike 7.5s a day or tramadol because it helps with withdrawls for me but the issue is I had a problem with them previously and don't want to deal with that again so I try to only use them a few days at a time and would always end up going back aND then in august of 2015 early on into the addiction I had tried quitting and did pretty good until I was pistol whipped and prescribed oxy 5s and then I went into a downward spiral and then in January of 2016 I tried to quit again and did OK for about 7 days and went back due to the mental part it always gets me mostly the anxiety I have panic disorder and a huge part of the reason I liked them so much was the calm relaxing feeling it Gave you I felt better than ever no anxiety and thought it was a miracle but I was very mistaken what started as very fun times turned into a living hell and just recently I decided to give subs a try and used tramadol for the 24 hour period before u can take the sub and about 8 to 12 hours after my tramadol dose the next morning about 36 hours after my last oxy dose and the tramadol made the transition very smooth compared to the hell I would have endured and unless I got lucky I can confirm at least for me taking subs after tramadol will not cause paws like with traditional opiates. Well anyways I took small slivers until I felt withdrawls free totalling about 4mgs by the end of the first night and then I took 3.25mgs the second day and today I took about 2mgs and am now going on day 5 with no oxy and day 4 of suboxone. Need to know how to go about a quick taper..I know it's not meant to do that but I am more ready to quit than ever I have had countless opportunities to get mine for free and have not been tempted to go back in the least bit I just don't wanna end up hooked on susubs and in a worse boat and last time I went 14 days with tramadol and 2 days without anything and went back out of boredom which was then followed by another test in august of 2016 where my house flooded and I lost everything I ever owned and got nothing as I was not in a flood zone and had no flood insurance the town drains were clogged and I lived In the part of town where all the hills run to drain the water but they were clogged and there was about 4 to 5 feet of water the tables and fridge were floating and all my things were destroyed I ended up with some clothes a water proof speaker, my pot, money, and yes you could have guessed it 1 oxy 30 lol and yes first thing I did with cops and fire fighters everywhere in a state of shock and panic is eat that oxy that was soaked with water and starting to dissolve and ended up standing in the rain for like 5 hours and sleeping in a hotel with cock roaches and yes great times well I totally gave up and lost myself and embraced the adiction with no hope left and would think back to who i once was in disbelief and remember when I could wake up and smile... well I'm ready to do that again and take the power back...I have 6.5mgs of suboxone left is that enough to ween I've only taken about 9.25 to 9.5 mgs over 3 days and have 6.5 left going into day 4 and day 5 no pills. Using strips sublingual. Any questions feel free to ask. Any help would be appreciated been making excuses for to long and during this addiction I have found myself and who my real friends are and honestly I feel it showed me all the things I took for granted before my addiction

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fonzy93 View Post
    Hello i am 23 years old my story all started almost 3 years ago when I tried my first oxy contin I had done blues occasionally and liked them once in a great while but the moment that first op 30 kicked in I knew I was in trouble. At first it was 15 mgs then 30 then 60 then 75 and so on until just recently I was doing 100 to 240 mgs a day of whatever type of ocycodone I could get so I wouldn't be sick and if I couldn't find oxy i would settle for about 10 to 15 vike 7.5s a day or tramadol because it helps with withdrawls for me but the issue is I had a problem with them previously and don't want to deal with that again so I try to only use them a few days at a time and would always end up going back aND then in august of 2015 early on into the addiction I had tried quitting and did pretty good until I was pistol whipped and prescribed oxy 5s and then I went into a downward spiral and then in January of 2016 I tried to quit again and did OK for about 7 days and went back due to the mental part it always gets me mostly the anxiety I have panic disorder and a huge part of the reason I liked them so much was the calm relaxing feeling it Gave you I felt better than ever no anxiety and thought it was a miracle but I was very mistaken what started as very fun times turned into a living hell and just recently I decided to give subs a try and used tramadol for the 24 hour period before u can take the sub and about 8 to 12 hours after my tramadol dose the next morning about 36 hours after my last oxy dose and the tramadol made the transition very smooth compared to the hell I would have endured and unless I got lucky I can confirm at least for me taking subs after tramadol will not cause paws like with traditional opiates. Well anyways I took small slivers until I felt withdrawls free totalling about 4mgs by the end of the first night and then I took 3.25mgs the second day and today I took about 2mgs and am now going on day 5 with no oxy and day 4 of suboxone. Need to know how to go about a quick taper..I know it's not meant to do that but I am more ready to quit than ever I have had countless opportunities to get mine for free and have not been tempted to go back in the least bit I just don't wanna end up hooked on susubs and in a worse boat and last time I went 14 days with tramadol and 2 days without anything and went back out of boredom which was then followed by another test in august of 2016 where my house flooded and I lost everything I ever owned and got nothing as I was not in a flood zone and had no flood insurance the town drains were clogged and I lived In the part of town where all the hills run to drain the water but they were clogged and there was about 4 to 5 feet of water the tables and fridge were floating and all my things were destroyed I ended up with some clothes a water proof speaker, my pot, money, and yes you could have guessed it 1 oxy 30 lol and yes first thing I did with cops and fire fighters everywhere in a state of shock and panic is eat that oxy that was soaked with water and starting to dissolve and ended up standing in the rain for like 5 hours and sleeping in a hotel with cock roaches and yes great times well I totally gave up and lost myself and embraced the adiction with no hope left and would think back to who i once was in disbelief and remember when I could wake up and smile... well I'm ready to do that again and take the power back...I have 6.5mgs of suboxone left is that enough to ween I've only taken about 9.25 to 9.5 mgs over 3 days and have 6.5 left going into day 4 and day 5 no pills. Using strips sublingual. Any questions feel free to ask. Any help would be appreciated been making excuses for to long and during this addiction I have found myself and who my real friends are and honestly I feel it showed me all the things I took for granted before my addiction
    Glad to see that you finally got your thread to go through in the correct forum! Now on to your question/questions? First off I'll just make a quick correction, you mentioned avoiding paws when starting the subs, what you meant to say is that you avoided pws/pw's (precipitated withdrawals), very big difference between these two things!

Second thing is that you did the sub induction incorrectly but it is what it is and you are where you are now. To get to your questions, quick sub tapers are very seldom successful and usually cause more problems with an unnecessary and prolonged detox! Subs are not meant to be taking symptomatically on a "as needed basis"! Subs are meant to be used in a very structured manner! They are most helpful when taking at the same dosage amount and times everyday and then reduced by 25% every 4-5 days until you are down to .25mg/day (quarter of one milligram) or less! This process usually takes 6-8 weeks to complete, this also gives you ample time away from your doc (drug of choice) so that you can learn to live clean and to deal with your addictive habits and behaviors! All that being said, you do not have enough subs left to do a proper taper! If you were to just try to taper with the subs you have left and then stop you'll most definitely go through a withdrawal process that may be pretty intense? Subs are very strong, much stronger than full agonists opiates like oxy! My advice is to get more subs and do a proper taper! You'll probably need about ten to twelve 8mg subs to complete a proper taper? Here's a link to Robert's sub therapy/taper plan - https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html
    Skip the induction part of the plan but follow the rest of the plan as outlined! This plan has been used by hundreds if not thousands of people with great success! Here's another great link to HarrySmooth's video on how to accurately cut suboxone film - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttZ5ATKb-LE

As my friend Randy says: do this right the first time and you'll never have to do this again! Best of luck to you! Update when you can? God bless us all!

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

I would recommend doing a correct taper if you can get more.

However, if you can't, the problem boils down to this: You built up a tolerance. Your brain needs X amount of opiate a day to feel normal. You need to get X down to 0 (aka feel good on nothing). The only thing that does that, is exposing your brain to less opiates it needs for a given amount of time. The fastest way to do this... of course... is to give the brain absolutely nothing, and force the brain to adjust to 0 as fast as possible (aka a cold turkey withdrawal). A taper still gives the brain less opiate than it needs, but slowly over time to get down to 0. For example, give it 50mg, force it to adjust to feeling ok on 50, then give it 40, and feel some mild discomfort again as you force your brain down to 40, and 30, and etc. It's the same thing as a CT, just the discomfort spread over time instead of packed all into 3-5 days.

So, bottom line is, if you want to make the 6.5mg you have left last as long as possible.... take as little as you can and just barely enough to avoid discomfort. or take just enough to have mild but tolerable discomfort. That way, each moment of discomfort you feel during the short little taper you did is a moment of discomfort taken away from the jump, since you already paid it during your short taper. Either way, it's not much sub you have left, and even doing it this way will lead to a rocky jump.

There is no magic here. It's like saying you have a 20bag H habit a day, and just got 6.5 bags left, what to do? Well, if you take 1 bag a day for a week, and then jump, that week you endured on one bag/day will pay off at the jump as that discomfort you felt during the week will take away from the discomfort from the jump, but at teh end of the day when your 6.5 bags run out, you will be going CT off a habit that's been 1 bag a day for 7 days, and 20 bags a day for tons of days before that. Just like if you spread that 6.5bags out to half a bag a day for 2 weeks, those 2 weeks will suck, but the jump will also be less discomfort as those 2 weeks of discomfort you paid helped to lower your tolerance before your jump.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-31-2017 at 03:43 PM.

I was able to get 4 8mg suboxone strips today but am going to be very limited in cash would it worth it to give it a more proper taper with the 4 and a half I have left instead of just doing the 5 to 8 doses I was going to take. Also everyone says that it is still unconfortable even on subs and I havnt had 1 symptom since I took it besides I had restless leg's and they ached very bad for the first day on the subs and second day without the oxy but since then I haven't felt a single symptom besides anxiety. So see I think I mis understood because with tramadol I could take it for a couple weeks and take less everyday aND when I would stop the tramadol I had no withdrawls at all I did it multiple times in the past and bypassed the withdrawls and had none coming off of the tramadol and that was after a previous 2 or 3 year stint with tramadol before I ever did a real opiate and now years later I found myself using it to escape the opiates but u have to redose and the come down sucks...I thought by starting small first day 4mg and the second day around 3 maybe a little more and day 3 was around 2.5 probably closer to 2mgs and today I took about 1.75. So I thought i could bypass the worst part of the oxy withdrawls lol but I appreciate the info and about the paws and precipitated wds I had more of a brain fart so now I'm gonna get paws or would I not know until the end or does that always hapoen with subs? My theory is I could take enough to bypass the oxy withdrawal well the worst part and not have taken enough sub to cause a withdrawal from that because normally my withdrawls are really really bad but pass really fast usually feel amazing by day 4 or 5 it depends and by 2 weeks I am fine besides lingering things like boredom and yawning all the time but I moved away from everyone and have 1 friend and no job and I always go back to the drugs instead of changing my life I think I have way to much time on my hands like I quit before and went back randomly even tho I had say no to people who ased me if I needed for days and then I always get so happy and want to celebrate and I hate booze so I say I'll just do 1 to celebrate my acomplishment and yea I am dumb sometimes but I get so happy and think I can just do 1 to celebrate lol.

Also after 24 hours without a dose I had no discomfort besides the >>>>s and stomach pain until I got up out of bed

Yes so Im saying could u bypass most the physical and deal with the mental doing it this way cuz I just know I'm ready to quit like I know we as addicts relapse and lie to ourselves a lot but when you areceive really really ready to quit there is just a certain feeling you get that nothing is going to stop you as long as yoy put the work in

Also I would like to mention that the second day without pills well besides tramadol i took for the first 24 hours with no oxy and about 6 to 12 hours before my first sub dose I have not had a single withdrawl symptom besides anxiety and I have panic disorder so I've always dealt with it... I took very small pieces throughout the day until I felt withdrawl free they never came back I just didn't feel complete relief so I took small slivers for a few hours till I felt right and then about 8 hours later I had achy and restless legs and I took a .5 mg piece putting me up to 4mgs I was fine at 3.5 but my legs hurt so bad I took that .5 more and it didn't do anything for my legs so I took ibuprofen and it worked great and then I slept like a baby best sleep in ateast a year or more but that was first day on sub and since that day I have taken oNE dose but cut it down everyday besides occasionly before bed I take a dab like .25 would probably be bigger than the piece I take before bed if I get anxiety really bad cuz it takes away the anxiety for about 8 hours to 12 hours

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

Also I would like to mention that the second day without pills well besides tramadol i took for the first 24 hours with no oxy and about 6 to 12 hours before my first sub dose I have not had a single withdrawl symptom besides anxiety and I have panic disorder so I've always dealt with it... I took very small pieces throughout the day until I felt withdrawl free they never came back I just didn't feel complete relief so I took small slivers for a few hours till I felt right and then about 8 hours later I had achy and restless legs and I took a .5 mg piece putting me up to 4mgs I was fine at 3.5 but my legs hurt so bad I took that .5 more and it didn't do anything for my legs so I took ibuprofen and it worked great and then I slept like a baby best sleep in ateast a year or more but that was first day on sub and since that day I have taken oNE dose but cut it down everyday besides occasionly before bed I take a dab like .25 would probably be bigger than the piece I take before bed if I get anxiety really bad cuz it takes away the anxiety for about 8 hours to 12 hours
    No one will be able to give you a magic formula for a sub taper that will let you skip the physical WD's. Again, the way to make the jump as easy as possible is to stretch the subs out as long as you can, so take as little as you can for as long as you can that puts you in just mild but tolerable WD. That'll make the jump easier.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Fonzy
    Welcome! So, how much sub do u have left? How much oxy were u on?
    How much sub do u take daily now?