Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Littln12
Need help regarding Subutex (NOT Suboxone)
    TWD_No.1_Fan is offline New Member

Question Need help regarding Subutex (NOT Suboxone)

Hi. I have a question regarding Subutex and Oxycodone.

I have had numerous surgeries for reoccurring Endometriosis over the past 6 years, and 3 years ago I thought I was finally done with the surgeries, so I wanted to quit taking pain medicine. I have become very dependent on opiates because I was on them for so long, so I started taking Suboxone. It made me feel HORRIBLE and it was getting way too expensive to keep going to Sub doctors, so I started buying Subutex off the street, which made me feel ALOT better than Suboxone! I only take 1 quarter Subutex a day.

Last month, I started having alot of pain again, and I found out that I have a Rectocyle, Cystocyle, kidney stones that won't pass, I have to get a bladder sling, and my Endometriosis has come back AGAIN. I have to get another surgery to fix everything soon, but the pain is too much for me to bear. I was prescribed Percocet this morning, but the last dose that I've had of the Subutex was about 2 hours ago, which was only a quarter.

So my question is this...Can I go ahead and take some Percocet right now even though I took a quarter Subutex 2 hours ago? Or will it not work and make me go into withdrawals? I have searched and searched these posts, but I can't find a straight answer. I know for a fact that if I took Suboxone 2 hours ago then took a Percocet, I would go into straight withdrawals because it's happened to me before when I took it a couple of years ago, but I thought you can take opiates with Subutex because it doesn't have a blocker in it like Suboxone?

I don't want to feel bad, and I don't want to waste my pain medicine, but I'm in alot of pain right now. If I have to wait a day or two to take pain pills, I will be in alot of pain PLUS be in withdrawals anyway if I stop taking Subutex too! Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-18-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Littln12 is offline Member

Default You're going to have to wait

I'm sure some folks are thinking that you just want to get high after being on the Subutex. You're probably not doing yourself any favors talking about buying the Subutex on the street.

Anyway, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt because I suffer from chronic pain myself and was recently talked into trying the Subutex. The Naloxone in The Suboxone doesn't have anything to do with the blocking properties of the subs. It's the actual Buprenorphine itself which is the medicine in both Subutex and Suboxone. It will Not put you into withdrawal to take a Percocet but it will definitely be ineffective. Until the Subutex is out of your system, the Percocet will be completely ineffective.

I waited 48 hrs before taking my pain medication and I still felt like it didn't really begin helping me until about 72hrs after my last dose of Subutex. Hope this helps.
    Robert_325 likes this.