Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
***Need help & support please - tapering suboxone - newly pregnant
    Maggi19 is offline Member

So.....this morning I made my next drop. I know in my previous post I said that the next 25% drop would be to .33mg, but I think I did the math incorrectly. I’m pretty sure that that 25% less than .56mg would actually be .42mg. After looking at pieces I had already cut, I combined .25mg with a .125mg piece....which would only add up to about .37mg. I decided to just stick with that amount for the drop. I hope the lack of .05mg doesn’t make too much of a difference. I guess I’ll find out. I’m looking forward to the end of this process. I wanted to go down to the smallest amount I could before jumping....and it looks like it’ll take a little longer than I thought to get there. I’ll be finishing my first trimester at that point...and I just pray to God that all will be healthy with the baby and myself.
    ❤️Maggi

I’m hoping someone out there can help me. I’m just having a tough time mentally right now. I thought I had everything worked out with my taper schedule, but I’m overwhelmed. Physically I feel fine so that’s good. I guess I’m just wondering if anyone that has done the taper process, successfully, according to the sub therapy thread, could share with me what each dose was that they dropped down to every time they decreased by 25%. I’m doing my best to do this the right way and have done well so far....but the smaller the doses get, the more difficult it is for me to figure out the right amount. Today I took my first dose at .375mg. I appreciate anyone’s help!
    ❤️Maggi

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey Maggi this is a member who completed all his taper and documented all his drops and was very precise about it... Others will be by soon... Hopefully this helps your doing an amazing job...

https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...-me-74335.html

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey maggi. So thchnically your math is right in both instances. I remember you saying you dropped a bit from .56 to .5 if you were stable on .5 then your next drop would be .375, however if you were still at .56 your next stop would be .42. Remember that you should only drop when youre stable. And its completely fine if you make a drop less than 25% also. The main thing is to keep making forward progress and not get stagnant on a dose. Youre doing great!! Dont worry about all the ifs and what could be. Take it one day at a time.

That thread lvg mentioned has some great stuff in it. Wavision was mythodical and had lazer precision throughout his taper. If i remember correctly several times he mapped out his remaining drops for just this purpose, to help others. Give it a good look through. It may be a bit long but theres definately some good stuff there.

Keep posting. We got your back!!
    Beef

Lvg...oh my goodness....the thread that you shared is perfect! Thank you so much! I’ve been reading through all of it....and he was definitely precise, which is exactly what I was hoping to find! That definitely takes a load off lol.

And thank you as well Beef! Anxiety was really getting to me today because I was so worried I screwed up. Yesterday was the only day that I took .5mg (after being on .56mg for 6 days). Today has gone pretty well at .375mg, for the most part. Not really any physical symptoms yet. But usually it’s way early in the morning if I feel any physical symptoms at all. I can’t really complain though....the physical aspect of the taper has been fairly easy up to this point. I’ve been staying at each dose for 6-7 days. I’m glad I didn’t get off track.

Thank you again for responding! Having help and encouragement really makes a difference! I can’t wait to conquer this like you guys have!

❤️Maggi

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

How we doing today maggi?

Post when you can
    Have a great night
    Beef

Hi there! I appreciate you asking Beef!
    Throughout the day I feel pretty good. No symptoms that get in the way of anything. Maybe feeling a little cold at times. But this is the second day in row (since making the drop to .375mg) that I have woken up at 2:30am. I just wake up feeling really hot, but once I move to my couch I’m okay and I’m able to fall back asleep for a little bit. After reading through Wavision’s thread I was able to write out the rest of my taper schedule. His thread was extremely helpful. Although I’ve been staying on each dose for 6-7 days so far....I’m going to try to lower my dose after 4 or 5 days and see how I feel. I will make sure I am stable enough to make the change. I plan on lowering down to .125mg before I skip days and jump. Unfortunately I can’t take any comfort meds to help with anything due to the pregnancy....so I’m hoping I’ll manage okay. Thank you again for asking how I’m doing....that means alot❤️
    ❤️Maggi

Well....it’s day 3 at .375mg and I am struggling with a little anxiety and feel somewhat depressed. I’m trying to keep my mindset on the right track since I’ve been following the taper plan pretty well. But I just have this overwhelming feeling of wanting this to be over with. It’s frustrating. I know I’m not low enough to jump or skip days yet though. I don’t want to put baby in harms way by jumping too soon. Praying for patience....again.
    ❤️Maggi

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maggi19 View Post
    Well....it’s day 3 at .375mg and I am struggling with a little anxiety and feel somewhat depressed. I’m trying to keep my mindset on the right track since I’ve been following the taper plan pretty well. But I just have this overwhelming feeling of wanting this to be over with. It’s frustrating. I know I’m not low enough to jump or skip days yet though. I don’t want to put baby in harms way by jumping too soon. Praying for patience....again.
    ❤️Maggi
    Hang in there Maggi. Every drop is not going to be symptom free, some drops will be harder than others especially as you get lower in dose! And remember, because of the long half-life of the subs it may take a full day or two after a drop before you experience any symptoms?

It's natural to want to be finished with any taper sooner than later but we must remain patient because if we try to rush it we will suffer unnecessarily!

You're doing great by the way! You'll be fine and your baby will be fine! Try not too worry yourself and most importantly do not try to rush the taper no matter what! All the best... God bless us all!

Thank you for your words of encouragement Ricky! I appreciate them very much. Yesterday was definitely much better. I slept well the past 2 nights and feel good. I noticed that, if I have a tough time, it’s usually on day 2 and 3. I can’t really say I have felt horrible....just annoyed and frustrated at times. I’m keeping my head in the game though. I’ve come this far and I know I’ll make it through. Since I felt stable yesterday and this morning....I am going to drop to .25mg. Not too much longer. I will be done before the end of this month! Thank you again Ricky!
    ❤️Maggi
    UncleLeo likes this.

Today is day 1 at .25mg.....and it’s been somewhat difficult. My energy is low and my body aches. I was actually tempted to take a “rescue” dose, but never did. I was too afraid to set myself back. More than likely, I should’ve waited another day to make my drop. The day is almost over though so I’m not looking back now. I just hope I’m able to get some sleep. The next couple of weeks can’t go by fast enough.
    ❤️Maggi
    UncleLeo likes this.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Hi Maggi - I just wanted to drop by and say that you've been giving me strength. Prob doesn't make much sense but now and then we all get weak...and seeing someone fight so hard, it's really healing.

I see how hard you're battling, and I've been there too. We all have to fight sometimes. You're doing great. Keep pushing! (my thread is in the subox area if you ever get super super super bored).
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Today is day 1 at .25mg.....and it’s been somewhat difficult. My energy is low and my body aches. I was actually tempted to take a “rescue” dose, but never did. I was too afraid to set myself back. More than likely, I should’ve waited another day to make my drop. The day is almost over though so I’m not looking back now. I just hope I’m able to get some sleep. The next couple of weeks can’t go by fast enough.
    ❤️Maggi

Well, you're right in saying that "More than likely, I should’ve waited another day to make my drop." but it is what it is and if you need a small "rescue dose" don't be afraid to do so? Here's a direct quote from Robert's sub plan -
    "If you experience any overwhelming w/d symptoms during the four day period you can take a .25 mg sliver (depending on your existing dose) and the w/d symptoms usually dissipate immediately. If you require slivers to remain stable at any level you should start over the next day trying to put four days together again. This allows for the long half life of buprenorphine which can be up to 72 hours for most people."

Just make sure that you are good and stable for all your future reductions! If it takes you another week or two to finish the taper then that's a very small price to pay for you and your baby's well being! Keep up the good work! God bless us all!

PS
    Slow and steady!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-05-2018 at 09:02 PM.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Wow Uncle Leo! I really appreciate you saying that. I always assumed I would be the last person to ever inspire strength in someone...as a lot of times I struggle to find strength within myself. I’m definitely trying to fight through the hard parts of this process. Getting to hear encouraging words from you and others on this forum is helping me a ton. We all have that fight in us somewhere....and having people to lean on makes such a difference.

Also thank you Ricky.....I appreciate you’re knowledge and you helping to give me a boost in confidence through this. I should’ve stayed consistent with the 6 day drops, but what’s done is done. Through the night was uncomfortable. I was able to get a total of almost 7 hours of broken sleep. Better than expected, so I guess I can’t complain. I think the chills & sweating was what bothered me the most. Lesson learned with patience for sure. I am willing to take that extra week if I need to, like you said. I held out till my regular dose time today, which is now 7am because of the time change. I took .25mg this morning and will see how the day goes. I do have a question about the rescue dose. If I ever get to the point of feeling that I need to take a rescue dose....what would be the right amount to take now that I’m pretty low? I would want to make sure that I didn’t take too much. Would an extra .125mg be best?

❤️Maggi

Wow Uncle Leo! I really appreciate you saying that. I always assumed I would be the last person to ever inspire strength in someone...as a lot of times I struggle to find strength within myself. I’m definitely trying to fight through the hard parts of this process. Getting to hear encouraging words from you and others on this forum is helping me a ton. We all have that fight in us somewhere....and having people to lean on makes such a difference.

Also thank you Ricky.....I appreciate you’re knowledge and you helping to give me a boost in confidence through this. I should’ve stayed consistent with the 6 day drops, but what’s done is done. Through the night was uncomfortable. I was able to get a total of almost 7 hours of broken sleep. Better than expected, so I guess I can’t complain. I think the chills & sweating was what bothered me the most. Lesson learned with patience for sure. I am willing to take that extra week if I need to, like you said. I held out till my regular dose time today, which is now 7am because of the time change. I took .25mg this morning and will see how the day goes. I do have a question about the rescue dose. If I ever get to the point of feeling that I need to take a rescue dose....what would be the right amount to take now that I’m pretty low? I would want to make sure that I didn’t take too much. Would an extra .125mg be best?

❤️Maggi
    You got it, .125mg is good rescue dose for where you are at in your taper!

Okay thank you. I apologize...but I have one more question. When you take a rescue dose, does that mean you have to start over with that higher dose again for a few days....or does that mean you try the lower dose again the following day. Just want to make sure I understand in case I go down that road.

Okay thank you. I apologize...but I have one more question. When you take a rescue dose, does that mean you have to start over with that higher dose again for a few days....or does that mean you try the lower dose again the following day. Just want to make sure I understand in case I go down that road.
    Re-read my post to you from yesterday, Monday 11/5 at 9:01pm?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Re-read my post to you from yesterday, Monday 11/5 at 9:01pm?
    Do you understand clearly now about the rescue dose?

Okay hopefully I’m not an idiot lol. I reread that post a few times.....and what I get from it is...if I take an extra “sliver” for one day, then the next day I attempt the lower dose again for a few days. In my case....I would attempt taking just .25mg again for at least 4 days or more, if needed, to get stable.

Okay hopefully I’m not an idiot lol. I reread that post a few times.....and what I get from it is...if I take an extra “sliver” for one day, then the next day I attempt the lower dose again for a few days. In my case....I would attempt taking just .25mg again for at least 4 days or more, if needed, to get stable.
    Yes, but not necessarily four days. If that single rescue dose (sliver) is enough to stabilize you on your current dose then continue with your current schedule and do your next reduction as planned as long as you are stable? If you need additional rescue doses (slivers) to remain stable then you would start the current dose over again the next day as if it was a brand new reduction? Staying on that dose at least four days minimum before dropping to the next dose, again making sure that your are completely stable before making the reduction? Does that make any better sense?

Yes that definitely makes sense now. Thank you so much Ricky. I’m sorry for needing more clarification. I just wanted to make sure I understood completely.

Update: Day 2 at .25mg

Well I’ve made it through a majority of the day so far. No major issues aside from feeling tired. I was able to take a nap for an hour while my son was asleep. Had a slight headache today too, but it’s gone now. I’m sure it won’t be as easy through the night though....since that’s when I have felt uncomfortable. The daytime right now is just a struggle with some anxiety and lack of motivation. I feel irritable as well. I just keep reminding myself that it could be much worse and I should be grateful. I am looking forward to getting past day 3...as that is usually the day that could be challenging for me.
    ❤️Maggi

Update: Day 2 at .25mg

Well I’ve made it through a majority of the day so far. No major issues aside from feeling tired. I was able to take a nap for an hour while my son was asleep. Had a slight headache today too, but it’s gone now. I’m sure it won’t be as easy through the night though....since that’s when I have felt uncomfortable. The daytime right now is just a struggle with some anxiety and lack of motivation. I feel irritable as well. I just keep reminding myself that it could be much worse and I should be grateful. I am looking forward to getting past day 3...as that is usually the day that could be challenging for me.
    ❤️Maggi

How have you been feeling on the .25mg/day? Did you end up taking a "rescue dose"? By the way, what time are you dosing everyday? Update when you can? You're doing a great job by not rushing the taper, it will be well worth it in the end! God bless us all!

Hi Ricky....

I’ve been doing okay. I’m heading into day 5 at .25mg. Once I got to day 3 I started feeling better. My sleep isn’t the greatest, but throughout the day I haven’t had to deal with anything bad at all. Maybe a little tired at times. I’m waiting until this weekend (either Saturday or Sunday) to make my next drop. I never did end up taking a rescue dose. I was seriously considering it a few days ago though. I just kept telling myself that it could be worse and that it would eventually pass. I’m so glad I pushed through. The sleep still sucks....but I can deal with it. Thank you for encouraging me to take it slow....that has really paid off. I hope that you are hanging in there as well. Sending my love and support to you❤️
    ❤️Maggi

I’m sorry Ricky...I forgot to add in my last post that I take my dose at 7am each morning. I was taking it at 8am, but since we turned the clocks back last weekend I thought it’d be best to stick to what my mind/body was used to.

HappyMommy810 is offline Junior Member

Maggi, idk if there’s a way I can privately send you a message to give you my number but I saw your comment on my post and I’m not on here often but I want to be there for you through your journey & texts would be easier since I won’t get notifications on here like I do texts.. anyways I am proud of you! Also, congratulations!

Thank you so much Happymommy! I have no idea how to do private messaging on here. If there is a way to do that....that would be great!

Update: Day 2 at .18mg

So far so good I guess. Had to deal with some minor physical symptoms in the really early hours of this morning. Woke up at about 4am with hot and cold sweats. I immediately have to get out of my bed to feel more comfortable. My sleep hasn’t been the greatest, but I’ve been dealing with it okay. I’m relieved to know that I only have about 10 days left until I can start skipping days. I am a little nervous about how I’m going to feel during that part of the process though. I hope I’ll manage okay. Looking forward to the next step.
    ❤️Maggi

JoshtheDad-O is offline Member

Hey Maggi! I just read your thread and was deeply impressed by your steely determination. A lot of things you say remind me of myself; I too consider myself a wimp about withdrawal and I too have lots of the hot/cold slick skin clammy sweats. Like yourself I was first approached by Ricky (says a lot about him). I've only been here two days but can already see this will be an integral part of my process. Best of luck to you and baby and I will be following along!

Today is day 3 at .18mg

I wanted to get some opinions possibly. I know that many people decide to start skipping days from .25mg. I’ve been planning on getting to .125mg. Would it be dumb to try to start the skip day process this weekend from the dose I’m at? Or even just take .125mg during the skip day process this weekend? I know everyone is different and it’s a matter of feeling comfortable enough to do it. Maybe I’m just trying to get ahead of myself because my patience is really being tested today. Let me know what you guys think.

And thank you so much Josh! It definitely feels good to know that you can see my determination. As you can see today...it’s somewhat of a mental battle with patience. I hope that we can continue to cheer each other on!

❤️Maggi

JoshtheDad-O is offline Member

I will absolutely cheer you on and can understand having impatience. I imagine the closer you get to the finish line the stronger the urge to hurry and cross it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast