Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
***Need help & support please - tapering suboxone - newly pregnant
    Maggi19 is offline Member

Default ***Need help & support please - tapering suboxone - newly pregnant

Hi....I am new here, but have read through many threads looking for guidance. I’ve been taking suboxone for 9 months and just found out that I’m 5 weeks pregnant. I had been fluctuating between 2mg & 3mg up until I found out I was pregnant.....I then took 2mg for 3 days and am now on day 5 of taking 1mg. I did experience some withdrawal symptoms in making that drop to 1mg. As of right now....I am fine throughout the day...aside from some low energy.....in the middle of the night is when I experience sweating and stomach discomfort and a lot of anxiety. I seem to wake up between 3am & 4am every morning because of it. I’ve read the suboxone therapy section on here and have found very helpful information, but I’m scared about all of this. I have been in this situation before, but had no knowledge about what to do....so I ended up putting myself through withdrawals going cold turkey. I do not have a script or doctor...so I am doing this on my own with the help of my boyfriend. He takes it as well. However, he thinks everything is all in my head when it comes to withdrawals. I know part of it is mental...he just doesn’t realize that it’s not the same for everyone. My situation does not make it any easier for me to handle doing this. No one knows, except my boyfriend. And we now live a thousand miles away from any family or friends. I’m a stay-at-home mom of 2 that feels alone and isolated. I’ve been homesick since we moved....and, of course, suboxone has helped me get through the day. This pregnancy was not planned whatsoever. I don’t want to put myself or baby in harms way. I want to do this safely, but I also don’t want to drag it out too long. I’m waiting to see an OB/GYN until I get through this. I know I’m weak minded....and can feel withdrawal symptoms easily. I understand about decreasing my dose by 25% every 4-5 days if stabile. I’m just really scared because I know what’s to come. I apologize for being all over the place.....I just hoped that I could find some guidance and support from others that can help or have been in my shoes and have done this successfully without going through hell. Thank you so much for reading my post.**
    UncleLeo likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maggi19 View Post
    Hi....I am new here, but have read through many threads looking for guidance. I’ve been taking suboxone for 9 months and just found out that I’m 5 weeks pregnant. I had been fluctuating between 2mg & 3mg up until I found out I was pregnant.....I then took 2mg for 3 days and am now on day 5 of taking 1mg. I did experience some withdrawal symptoms in making that drop to 1mg. As of right now....I am fine throughout the day...aside from some low energy.....in the middle of the night is when I experience sweating and stomach discomfort and a lot of anxiety. I seem to wake up between 3am & 4am every morning because of it. I’ve read the suboxone therapy section on here and have found very helpful information, but I’m scared about all of this. I have been in this situation before, but had no knowledge about what to do....so I ended up putting myself through withdrawals going cold turkey. I do not have a script or doctor...so I am doing this on my own with the help of my boyfriend. He takes it as well. However, he thinks everything is all in my head when it comes to withdrawals. I know part of it is mental...he just doesn’t realize that it’s not the same for everyone. My situation does not make it any easier for me to handle doing this. No one knows, except my boyfriend. And we now live a thousand miles away from any family or friends. I’m a stay-at-home mom of 2 that feels alone and isolated. I’ve been homesick since we moved....and, of course, suboxone has helped me get through the day. This pregnancy was not planned whatsoever. I don’t want to put myself or baby in harms way. I want to do this safely, but I also don’t want to drag it out too long. I’m waiting to see an OB/GYN until I get through this. I know I’m weak minded....and can feel withdrawal symptoms easily. I understand about decreasing my dose by 25% every 4-5 days if stabile. I’m just really scared because I know what’s to come. I apologize for being all over the place.....I just hoped that I could find some guidance and support from others that can help or have been in my shoes and have done this successfully without going through hell. Thank you so much for reading my post.**

I recommend that you immediately go back up in dose and start taking 2mg/day again! 1mg in the morning and 1mg 8-10 hours later for a total of 2mg/day! Stay there until you are completely stable then you can reduce your dose by 25%, rinse and repeat!

Please read my posts/instructions in the following thread? All of the information in that thread applies exactly the same for you except for your starting dose! Here's a direct link -
    https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...ant-74965.html

Follow the taper plan exactly and you'll be just fine! Take care... God bless us all!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-05-2018 at 09:54 AM.

Thank you so much for responding to my post Ricky71! I had a feeling that I went to quickly when lowering my dose to 1mg. I guess I was just desperate to get the process moving and have been overwhelmed with guilt for being in this situation. Two days ago I ended up taking and additional .5mg later in the day, for a total of 1.5mg....and that really made a big difference in how I felt. Yesterday I stuck to just 1mg again though. Do you think it would be okay to just add the extra .5mg if I need to since it made such a difference the other day? If I do that....would I be better off when decreasing the dose by 25% every 4 days? I was hoping to be done with all of this by the end of October...but I don’t know if that’s possible. Again....thank you so much for your response and your help. I am so grateful.

Thank you so much for responding to my post Ricky71! I had a feeling that I went to quickly when lowering my dose to 1mg. I guess I was just desperate to get the process moving and have been overwhelmed with guilt for being in this situation. Two days ago I ended up taking and additional .5mg later in the day, for a total of 1.5mg....and that really made a big difference in how I felt. Yesterday I stuck to just 1mg again though. Do you think it would be okay to just add the extra .5mg if I need to since it made such a difference the other day? If I do that....would I be better off when decreasing the dose by 25% every 4 days? I was hoping to be done with all of this by the end of October...but I don’t know if that’s possible. Again....thank you so much for your response and your help. I am so grateful.

Don't take this the wrong way but there is only one "right" way to do this and that way will produce the best results with the least amount of problems!

Please just follow the instructions and taper plan that has already produced 1000's of success stories before you!

You have the link to the other thread that I provided in the last post to you? All that info gives you in detail exactly what you need to do?

You will not complete this taper by the end of October so forget about that however you definitely can be done with it by the end of November or a bit sooner if you follow the plan exactly to a "T"?

You can't take subs on a "on needed basis", they have to be taken on a exact and precise schedule to keep a level amount of meds in your system!

Follow the plan, do not rush the process, slow and steady wins the race! Slow down! You will be okay! I will check back with you later tonight? God bless us all!

PS
    Read through that other thread several times? You need to understand everything 100%! Figure out your dosing schedule and stick to it? For example, first dose of the day at 8am, last dose of the day at 6pm?

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

Hi Maggie,

Welcome to the forum & Congratulations of your big news. I don’t have any personal experience with subs other than what I’ve read on the boards here. You are in good hands with Ricky so absorb all the info you can from him and you will get through this. I’ll be along to offer any support I can.

Just to reiterate what Ricky said, it is crucial that you remain consistent with this taper to make as smooth a landing as possible. It’s going to take just a bit longer to complete than you’d like but the benefits will certainly be worth it in end.

This Forum saved my life & countless others so use it as a tool. Most of us thought we could do this on our own but found out quickly that having a community standing behind us made all the difference in the world. It takes a lot of Courage to reach out for help & you should be Proud of that!

Light & Luv,

❤️
    Che

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Maggie welcome to the forum... I see you have gotten some awesome advice already. I have zero experience with the subs but will be here cheering you on. Again welcome to the forum...

My boyfriend would only give me .5mg this evening.....and was reluctant to do it. He’s really pushing me to do this quickly because of the pregnancy. He feels that if I drag it out too long it’ll be worse for the baby.....which of course scares me. I tried explaining the taper plan....he understands for the most part, but doesn’t agree with me increasing to 2mg again. I feel much better with the extra .5mg....so I guess I will stick to that for a few days till I feel okay and drop the 25% like you’ve advised. Thank you so much for being so kind in giving me some guidance here. I need all the support I can get since I don’t have much where I am. I just want to know that I’m not harming my pregnancy.

Thank you so much for the love and support! You have no idea how much I appreciate that❤️. I am looking forward to getting this over with. I’m trying to find confidence right now....my anxiety gets the best of me when thinking about the fact that I’m pregnant and going through this. I don’t want this to affect the pregnancy in a negative way.
    I’m so grateful to those who have responded with help, kindness, and support❤️

My boyfriend would only give me .5mg this evening.....and was reluctant to do it. He’s really pushing me to do this quickly because of the pregnancy. He feels that if I drag it out too long it’ll be worse for the baby.....which of course scares me. I tried explaining the taper plan....he understands for the most part, but doesn’t agree with me increasing to 2mg again. I feel much better with the extra .5mg....so I guess I will stick to that for a few days till I feel okay and drop the 25% like you’ve advised. Thank you so much for being so kind in giving me some guidance here. I need all the support I can get since I don’t have much where I am. I just want to know that I’m not harming my pregnancy.

Well, if you try to rush this process then you may be causing more harm than good. I've given you all the info that you need in order to SAFELY taper off of the Suboxone without causing harm to you or your baby! Again there is no rush, you have plenty of time so slow down!

What plans does your boyfriend have concerning his Suboxone use? Suboxone is a very strong opiate, 30-40 times stronger than morphine! Suboxone is a less is more drug! Suboxone is really only meant to be used short-term, 6 months or less is ideal! Doctors and big pharma put patients on way too high of a dose and want them to stay on the subs long-term and sometimes for the rest of their lives? The reason being is because it's easy money, it's the doctors and the big pharma companies cash cow! No one on the planet needs more than 6-8 milligrams of sub a day! There's also a ceiling effect for subs, the ceiling effect is the point where taking more does not provide any additional effect! The ceiling effect of subs is believed to be around 8mg/day!

Also the longer you are on subs the more changes it makes to the brains chemistry and the longer and more difficult the recovery can be, both in time and severity! I would urge your boyfriend to start using the taper plan himself immediately, the sooner the better! How great would it be if both of you were clean and off that junk for good?

You have all the tools and info you need to do this safely and effectively, the rest is up to you? I wish you the best of luck... God bless us all!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-05-2018 at 09:46 PM.

I guess what worries me is waiting too long to go the an OB doctor. I don’t want to get blood drawn and they see subs in there. But I will go slow with the taper. I woke up feeling more normal this morning so I’m hoping I’m on the path of being stabilized at this dose.
    My boyfriend’s plans are to taper as well. He sees a sub doctor (he’s got insurance). His dose is 6mg per day. As soon as I’m done he’ll be able to start getting his script lowered.....although I’m sure his tapering will be more on a monthly basis. It will feel amazing when there is no longer any sub in our house. I will definitely continue to share all of the advice I’ve received here with him in the hopes of encouraging a successful taper.
    Thank you for taking the time to push me in the right direction and give me some positive vibes about my situation.❤️

Hi Magg,

Just checking in on ya. So glad to see your feeling good. I have no experience with subs but I’m sure Ricky will be by with info for you. I know the doses need to be split evenly. Make sure to review the taper plan b/c it has been successful for so many.

On the pregnancy side of things, I agree with Ricky. Not following a proper taper can cause unnecessary stress to the baby. From what I’ve read many women switch to subs while pregnant & have happy healthy babies! I know there’s a couple success stories on here. The admins have switched things up so you might have to do some searching for them but they’re here.

When did you plan on seeing your OBGYN? From your posts it looks like you were waiting to be off subs before you went. Again, I’m not an expert, going by memory but I think the taper plan is 8 weeks (Please fact check me). I think that would make you about 13 wks. I’m not sure what state your in but in mine there are no red flags placed for subs. Do a little research for your area & that could put you at ease.

Don’t over think this or beat yourself up about it. You are doing the best thing for you & your baby. Rushing things will only cause unnecessary stress for you both. The end goal is to live a life free of the junk. Stay in the moment & take care of you.

Happy Momma Happy Baby,

❤️
    Che

Thank you so much Che❤️. I really appreciate you checking in on me. Ricky does seem very knowledgeable and I’m very grateful for his advice. I am much more comfortable right now with being able to add the extra .5mg that I’ve been able to take. I think by Monday or Tuesday I will drop to just taking an extra .25mg and then follow the plan from there. I wasn’t sure if the taper plan was 8 weeks regardless of the amount of mg’s. I thought maybe it would be a little bit less since my dose was already though. I’ll have to write it out on a calendar so I can be sure to follow the plan properly. But yes, I would be about 13 weeks by that time.

I did want to be finished with subs before I went the OB. I live in Texas, but have only lived here less than 2 years. I don’t know much about what red flags would be here. I’m just so unbelievably nervous that I’m hurting the pregnancy right now since I’m on subs. I want, more than anything, to have a healthy baby. I’m just overcome with guilt and need to find a way to get past it. I just pray to God for a safe and healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.

I am so glad that I reached out on here. It’s only been a few days since I did....and I am amazed and feel blessed for the support. Thank you all so much❤️

Hey Magg,

I so get where you’re coming from. From the moment you find out your pregnant your mind starts to worry. Under no circumstances should you guilt yourself over this b/c You are doing something about it. Many of women are prescribed subs in place of pain killers &/or H & remain on them their entire pregnancy.

Keep focusing on you. Get your taper plan nailed down so you can get an idea of approx how it should take. The most important thing to remember during this taper is to make sure you are completely stable before making the next drop. Let me repeat that...make sure you are completely stable with little to no signs of withdraw. If that means you need an extra day or two to stabilize then take those extra days. Dropping b4 you’re stable could result in withdraw symptoms. The withdraw symptoms are what causes stress for the baby & of course you. If you haven’t already change up your diet & look up the Thomas recipe. The Thomas recipe as a list of vitamins (exclude the benzos) & cross reference them double check all are safe to take during pregnancy. All this will help get your body in shape for the taper & pregnancy. Did I include exercise? If not throw that in the mix too. Oh, almost forgot water...drink lots of it!!! It helps flush out the system & replenishes the amniotic fluids among many other benefits.

Hold your head up high & be Proud of yourself b/c you are making a change. I can’t stress that enough!!! I’m so thankful you found this forum too. One addict helping another, who would of think it? This place saves lives, I know b/c it saved mine.

In The Road To Recovery,

❤️
    Che

I can’t say thank you enough for the advice and support from you guys❤️. It really made such a difference for me since the first day I asked for help. Today was a good day. I feel so much better.....and because of that I can finally see that I really can do this. I’m so glad that I built up the courage to reach out on here. For days and days I read through other threads....trying to find my way in all this. Everyone on here should be so proud of themselves. Those that take the time to give advice and show support to others....you’re amazing....and I’m so happy to see that there are still many great people in the world. Thank you for what you do❤️❤️❤️
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

I can’t say thank you enough for the advice and support from you guys❤️. It really made such a difference for me since the first day I asked for help. Today was a good day. I feel so much better.....and because of that I can finally see that I really can do this. I’m so glad that I built up the courage to reach out on here. For days and days I read through other threads....trying to find my way in all this. Everyone on here should be so proud of themselves. Those that take the time to give advice and show support to others....you’re amazing....and I’m so happy to see that there are still many great people in the world. Thank you for what you do❤️❤️❤️

You're very welcome! Just keep following the taper plan and the advice and directions that you have already received and everything will be just fine!

Remember, once you get down to 1mg/day you will start dosing only once per day (at the same time every day) the rest of the way through the taper. Also, you may need some extra time on the lower doses to become stable so don't do a reduction until you are good and stable? Always remember, slow and steady wins the race! DO NOT rush this taper no matter what anybody else tells you! Best of luck to you! God bless us all!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey maggi. I realize I'm a bit late to the party. But I just wanted to add my welcome and congratulations to the bunch. You Won't go wrong following Ricky and Che. They know their stuff. Slow and steady with the taper and this will all be behind you in no time at all. Keep reading and posting. Ask questions. We are all here to support you through this process.

Have a great night. Congrats again and welcome!!
    Beef

Thank you so much Beef!❤️ I appreciate your support! So far so good here.....huge difference from how I was feeling a few days ago. I feel good at the 1.5mg dose right now....and have been on it for 4 days. Since I feel pretty steady I will drop to 1.25mg today and see how I feel.

Ricky71....I did have a question whenever you get a chance. When I get to the point of dosing once per day with 1mg....what do you feel is the best time of day for that one dose? Should I stick to the morning....or is it better to take it closer to noon? I know it could be different for everyone....just wanted to get your opinion.

Thank you!❤️

Thank you so much Beef!❤️ I appreciate your support! So far so good here.....huge difference from how I was feeling a few days ago. I feel good at the 1.5mg dose right now....and have been on it for 4 days. Since I feel pretty steady I will drop to 1.25mg today and see how I feel.

Ricky71....I did have a question whenever you get a chance. When I get to the point of dosing once per day with 1mg....what do you feel is the best time of day for that one dose? Should I stick to the morning....or is it better to take it closer to noon? I know it could be different for everyone....just wanted to get your opinion.

Thank you!❤️

Maggi, that would be entirely up to you, there is no right or wrong time although taking a dose too close to bedtime can cause problems with sleep?

If you feel like you're are having some withdrawal symptoms when you wake up then dose first thing, if not then wait and dose a few hours later?

Whatever time you choose just make sure that you take your dose at the same time everyday! Also remember that as you get lower in dose you might need an extra day or two to become stable so just be patient! SLOW AND STEADY!!! Take care... God bless us all!

Okay thank you so much Ricky. I’ve been doing really well at dosing at the same times everyday so far. I will pay close attention to how I feel in the morning once I get to the point of dosing once per day. Since getting your advice at the end of last week....I haven’t felt bad (physically) at all. I can tell I’m on the right track....so once again, thank you❤️

Hey Maggs-

Just checking in to see how you’re doing. I’m so happy to see that you are doing well & you were even able to make a drop. You are well on your way. Keep us updated!

Luv & Light,

❤️
    Che

Thank you so much Che!❤️
    It’s been going well so far! I was able to make a drop down to 1.25mg a few days ago and I couldn’t even tell the difference! Today is day 4 in 1.25mg so tomorrow I will drop down to 1mg and see how it goes. I know it may not be as easy to drop once I get below 1mg...so I’ll pay close attention to how I feel so I don’t rush. I feel more confident about the process since getting myself stable. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know I’d be putting myself through hell right now if I didn’t choose to reach out for help. I am forever grateful to all of you❤️.

Well...today is my first day dropping down to 1mg. I feel completely fine at this point. I do have little bit of anxiety about making the drop.....but I think it just has to do with the anticipation of dosing once per day if I’m being honest. I know this is where I need to work on my inner strength to push through. I haven’t had any physical symptoms since restarting this taper the right way.....so I am thankful for that. The end of this is not far off, and I can’t wait.

Well...today is my first day dropping down to 1mg. I feel completely fine at this point. I do have little bit of anxiety about making the drop.....but I think it just has to do with the anticipation of dosing once per day if I’m being honest. I know this is where I need to work on my inner strength to push through. I haven’t had any physical symptoms since restarting this taper the right way.....so I am thankful for that. The end of this is not far off, and I can’t wait.

Good job! You may experience some symptoms over the next couple of days but you will stabilize so hang tough! Once you're stable on the 1mg you can make your next drop down to .75mg/day? Some drops may take a few extra days to become stable and that's perfectly okay! Slow and steady! Be patient! Take care... God bless us all!

Hey Maggs,

Yep, inner strength & powering through... you have it in You! It’s a Mind over Matter deal & when your mind is set on being free not much else will matter. I’m so Proud of You!

❤️
    Che

Thank you Ricky & Che! I survived the drop to 1mg yesterday. I slept about 7 hours which is good....but woke up at 5am feeling a tad bit restless in bed along with minor sweating & chills. I decided to just get out of bed and realized it was tolerable and not too intense. It is frustrating though....and I’m sure that many can relate with any onset of even a little bit of withdrawals can freak you out a little bit. I agree that it’s definitely mind over matter....especially at this point. Obviously my pregnancy keeps me motivated.
    I do have a question......I know getting to the lowest possible dose is important when it’s time to skip days and then jump. I watched the video about the best way to cut suboxone strips and that’s been helpful. I have the 8mg strips....so I think the lowest dose I can get out of that is probably .125mg I think. Is that going to be a safe place to be at when skipping days and making the jump? Also, what is the recommended amount of times to skip days before jumping? I want to make sure I make no more mistakes during the process.
    Thank you again for all the support!❤️

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Thank you Ricky & Che! I survived the drop to 1mg yesterday. I slept about 7 hours which is good....but woke up at 5am feeling a tad bit restless in bed along with minor sweating & chills. I decided to just get out of bed and realized it was tolerable and not too intense. It is frustrating though....and I’m sure that many can relate with any onset of even a little bit of withdrawals can freak you out a little bit. I agree that it’s definitely mind over matter....especially at this point. Obviously my pregnancy keeps me motivated.
    I do have a question......I know getting to the lowest possible dose is important when it’s time to skip days and then jump. I watched the video about the best way to cut suboxone strips and that’s been helpful. I have the 8mg strips....so I think the lowest dose I can get out of that is probably .125mg I think. Is that going to be a safe place to be at when skipping days and making the jump? Also, what is the recommended amount of times to skip days before jumping? I want to make sure I make no more mistakes during the process.
    If you can get down to .125 and work the skip days you'll be just fine. Your w/d symptoms will be minimal. The way the skip days works is. You dose, then skip a day, dose, then skip 2 days, dose, skip 3 days, dose once more, then you're done. I would encourage you to work in the skip days, they will really help soften your landing.

You're doing great and you're right where you should be. Forward progress. You're at 1mg and on the final stretch. Congratulations. We're all proud of you!!

Have a great night
    Beef

Beef has already answered your question about the skip day process. All of that information is under the Tapering section on Robert's sub therapy/taper plan as well?

Most taper down to .25mg/day before skipping days and/or jumping so if you taper all the way down to .125mg then you'll be in for a much softer landing for sure! You know the drill, SLOW AND STEADY! Take care... God bless us all!

Okay thank you Beef and Ricky! I know I have a little ways to go until I get to the point of skipping days, but I just wanted to be proactive about the plan for that. I’ve gotten through day 2 on 1mg so far. I did feel some chills throughout the day and was a little sluggish this evening, but nothing that I can’t handle. Having the support on here has really made a difference with me working hard to stick to what you’ve said to do.
    ❤️❤️❤️Maggi

Hi there....

Winding down on day 3 at 1mg today and I’m having somewhat of a rough go. Physically I feel okay....definitely a little sluggish. It’s the mental part that’s getting at me though. I’m having a tough time with feeling positive I guess. I feel pretty good about the taper process....just overwhelmed about everything else. The fact that I’m 37 and pregnant unexpectedly with my 3rd child, I live over 1000 miles away from everyone I know....I miss home and feel helpless....and there’s nothing I can do to change that right now. I’m sorry....I know it sounds like I’m throwing a pity party for myself over here. I guess I needed to vent a little and reach out. I do hope everyone’s weekend has been nice!
    Sending love❤️ Maggi

Today is day 4 at 1mg and I felt so tired. I’m not sure if it’s because of the sub taper or the pregnancy. I also had a major headache most of the day. My appetite is not the greatest either.....nothing sounds good to me. It takes a lot for me to eat without feeling sick to my stomach. Tomorrow I planned on dropping to .75mg but a part of me thinks that maybe I should hold off one more day. I just don’t want to make a wrong decision. I guess I’ll have to see how I feel in the morning. I know you guys told me that it may take an extra day or 2 to drop below 1mg. I just felt like I was on a roll so far....and don’t want to stumble.
    ❤️❤️❤️Maggi

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast