Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By Pinknarcotic
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By Pinknarcotic
  • 1 Post By Ming23
Need help with taper! I am going out of my mind!!!!
    Pinknarcotic is offline New Member

Unhappy Need help with taper! I am going out of my mind!!!!

So i am down to .25 mg every 24 hours! When i go below this i am in agony!!!! The RLS and body aches make is so i give in. I read Robert's taper 1000 times and every other thing on the internet. Why am i having so many symptoms??? I have been at .25 now for 6 days I feel sweats and chill and a little achy but I can handle it. What do i do next?? I been on sub for like 2 weeks from tar. Plus i barely make it to 24 hours. I am writhing and freaking out at 21 hours. i have tried to even go to 27 and 28 hours. But I'm in the bath tub rocking and crying... I am the biggest wimp ever, obviously or i wouldn't have become an addict. BY THE WAY I'm pregnant and I NEED OFF OF THIS! And please stop telling me to stop being selfish because two nights ago i ended up in hospital scared out of my mind for my baby... I'm weak . I AM AN ADDICT. But i have no intentions of using while pregnant. Help me!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-25-2016 at 06:17 PM.

i made this but its not working! People can jump at .5!?!?!?

"And I firmly believe that the half life of Suboxone/Subutex is between 36 and 72 hours. In my case it was closer to 36 hours as I was able to decrease my dose every 4 days and have only 2 instances of a flushing sensation. After I was finished with this 25% reduction, every 4 days, I then dosed and skipped 1 day, then dosed and skipped 2 days, then dosed and skipped 3 days, then dosed and skipped 4 days and was finished. I had no withdrawl symptons whatsoever. I firmly believe the dosing and skipping of days rids the system of the half life's of the Sub. as Robert suggests."

oct 23 9:30pm - 24 9:30pm .25
    oct 24 9:30pm - 25 9:30pm .25
    oct 25 9:30pm - 26 9:30pm .25
    oct 26 9:30pm - 27 9:30pm .25

oct 27 9:30pm - 28 9:30pm .13
    oct 28 9:30pm - 29 9:30pm .13
    oct 39 9:30pm - 30 9:30pm .13
    oct 30 9:30pm - 31 9:30pm .13

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinknarcotic View Post
    So i am down to .25 mg every 24 hours! When i go below this i am in agony!!!! The RLS and body aches make is so i give in. I read Robert's taper 1000 times and every other thing on the internet. Why am i having so many symptoms??? I have been at .25 now for 6 days I feel sweats and chill and a little achy but I can handle it. What do i do next?? I been on sub for like 2 weeks from tar. Plus i barely make it to 24 hours. I am writhing and freaking out at 21 hours. i have tried to even go to 27 and 28 hours. But I'm in the bath tub rocking and crying... I am the biggest wimp ever, obviously or i wouldn't have become an addict. BY THE WAY I'm pregnant and I NEED OFF OF THIS! And please stop telling me to stop being selfish because two nights ago i ended up in hospital scared out of my mind for my baby... I'm weak . I AM AN ADDICT. But i have no intentions of using while pregnant. Help me!!!
    I'm confused? You said you have been on subs for only 2 weeks? Please clarify on how long you've been taking subs, how much you inducted on, what you were taking daily and what your reductions were? Be as specific as possible so we can help you figure this out?

Default more details

Yes, i have been on subs for two weeks. I started on 2mg. I took as little as possible, so I have been in half withdrawal this whole time. I went from 1 for four days to .5 for four days to now .25 for 7 days because every time i drop to .13 i am in agony all night. So the last 6 days i have gone 3 nights with .25 over 24 hours. Then i took .13 for 10 hours two nights ago then couldn't handle it and took .13 more. Skin on fire, body aches, horrible RLS.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Sorry Pink - that sounds really rough. Who told you that you're being selfish or that "being an addict makes you a wimp"? I doubt anyone around here.

Is the pregnancy causing the advanced timeline? You're in a lot pain because you never stabilized at each drop and also dropped by 50% every time it sounds like. So don't feel like you're a "wimp." That would bring anyone to their knees - esp if you're trying to eat for two, etc.

Can you stabilize and then maybe talk to your doc about the best way to do this while pregnant? I'm sure someone with some experience with this will jump in, but try to take it easy on yourself. Going from 2mg to zero is no easy feat.

Someone told me on another forum that i was disgusting and made them angry for how selfish i was being. They said just kick it already this isn't about you. But on the other hand kicking too hard could cause miscarriage, so I was very defensive. I have quit drinking and smoking cold turkey, and switched to suboxone as soon as i found out i was pregnant. So i am weening too fast? I feel good enough on .5, just a little sweaty and goosebumpy through the day. So I thought I was fine. But it seems I just can not go down from there. People were talking about no withdrawals if done right, or very mild. I can handle mild symptoms. But yeah Im sure the pregnancy isn't helping, The first night I tried to kick cold turkey i puked 9 times that night. I got Zofran from the hospital. So its a little better. Why is this so hard for me?? People usually jump from .5 no problem! Robert said he had almost no symptoms jumping from .5. I take .13 and I feel like someone is taking a jackhammer to my hip sockets. Im so upset! I just want to get off this poison! I don't need it mentally. Someone help me?

I can't do anything about seeing a doctor. I have state insurance and there is only one suboxone clinic in my county. The doctor there is a typical sub doctor, over prescribe, taper wrong, etc. They want me to stay on my whole pregnancy.... I am only on .5 why would i do that??? And my OB doesn't have a clue he told me to contact my sub doctor. So they are both worthless.

I can't have this baby born on anything, because CPS is knocking your door down no matter if you were prescribed and followed the plan correctly. And I had an open CPS case with other child where I lost her for 2 years (worked my ass off to get her back, barely, they do illegal things to slander you) so they will definitely be up my butt. CPS is an evil agency.

My family thinks I'm clean, his family thinks I'm a worthless junkie ho bag. So I need to get off this, because its a lose-lose! My family would be so angry and his family would think they were right.

Please tell me your experience getting off suboxone? And what were your symptoms? I need a solid working plan. Robert said it has worked for anyone that followed correctly. Since he is no longer on here is there anyone that has stepped up to take his place?????? Im so desperate!!!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Yes, i have been on subs for two weeks. I started on 2mg. I took as little as possible, so I have been in half withdrawal this whole time. I went from 1 for four days to .5 for four days to now .25 for 7 days because every time i drop to .13 i am in agony all night. So the last 6 days i have gone 3 nights with .25 over 24 hours. Then i took .13 for 10 hours two nights ago then couldn't handle it and took .13 more. Skin on fire, body aches, horrible RLS.

Hi Pink -

Sorry you're having such a rough time. I believe I see the problem. It appears you were on 2mg originally. Then reduced to 1mg. Then dropped to .5mg and then to .25mg. Your reductions were all 50% and you just can't do that and not expect to have symptoms. Sooner or later it will catch up with you. Sub is very strong and 50% reductions are just too much.

So what do you do? In MY OPINION I suggest you get on a stable dose, whatever that is that keeps you our of wd's and comfortable, and remain there a few days. Then start the taper process again, but do it right this time by dropping each dose by 25% every 4-5 days or when you're stable on each dose.

If you drop and aren't stable on any dose the symptoms will follow you with each dose reduction. You could get on maybe .5mg or even 1mg per day and remain there for about 4 days. If you're doing ok then drop by 25%. We had one member that was having difficulties with her dose reductions so I suggested she begin reducing by 10% instead of the usual 25%. That made a huge difference for her and she went on to taper successfully. Just a thought.

Try again. I would probably go on 1mg myself if it were me. Then drop to .75mg. Then to .5mg. And to .375mg. and then to .25mg. From there you could drop to .18. and then reduce to .13mg. You could then go to .10 and that would be plenty low enough. Then do skip days when you're down to your lowest dose, whatever that is.

That's my suggestion anyway. Let me know what you think?

Randy
    Albacorey and UncleLeo like this.

Default thank u

I feel ok on a .25. Except last night i took a .25 piece and it didn't do the same for me. Are the strips dispersed differently? So I will try the 10% taper. I was really trying to rush it because I was panicked to get off. But it is ok if I take my time. I was also scared the longer I am on it the harder to get off. I successfully have got myself down to .25 and I feel ok there. I am shocked that .25 to nothing is such a huge jump! Thank you so much for your help.
    Ming23 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hi Pink -

Sorry you're having such a rough time. I believe I see the problem. It appears you were on 2mg originally. Then reduced to 1mg. Then dropped to .5mg and then to .25mg. Your reductions were all 50% and you just can't do that and not expect to have symptoms. Sooner or later it will catch up with you. Sub is very strong and 50% reductions are just too much.

So what do you do? In MY OPINION I suggest you get on a stable dose, whatever that is that keeps you our of wd's and comfortable, and remain there a few days. Then start the taper process again, but do it right this time by dropping each dose by 25% every 4-5 days or when you're stable on each dose.

If you drop and aren't stable on any dose the symptoms will follow you with each dose reduction. You could get on maybe .5mg or even 1mg per day and remain there for about 4 days. If you're doing ok then drop by 25%. We had one member that was having difficulties with her dose reductions so I suggested she begin reducing by 10% instead of the usual 25%. That made a huge difference for her and she went on to taper successfully. Just a thought.

Try again. I would probably go on 1mg myself if it were me. Then drop to .75mg. Then to .5mg. And to .375mg. and then to .25mg. From there you could drop to .18. and then reduce to .13mg. You could then go to .10 and that would be plenty low enough. Then do skip days when you're down to your lowest dose, whatever that is.

That's my suggestion anyway. Let me know what you think?

Randy
    I agree with Randy, he knows what he is talking about and will not steer you wrong so listen to him! Your sub taper was too fast and by too much and that is why you feel so awful! Robert's plan is about 2 months long for most people and if done right will minimize or even eliminate most withdrawal symptoms! Do you the suboxone tabs or films?
    UncleLeo likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

I feel ok on a .25. Except last night i took a .25 piece and it didn't do the same for me. Are the strips dispersed differently? So I will try the 10% taper. I was really trying to rush it because I was panicked to get off. But it is ok if I take my time. I was also scared the longer I am on it the harder to get off. I successfully have got myself down to .25 and I feel ok there. I am shocked that .25 to nothing is such a huge jump! Thank you so much for your help.

Ok, if you feel fine on .25mg of sub a day remain there a while to give the half life time to catch up with itself. I'm thinking around a week or so, maybe 10 days. Then you could reduce further and any symptoms shouldn't be that bad and nothing you can't handle.

Randy
    Pinknarcotic likes this.

Ok thank you. Yeah, I was a little sweaty and achy, and had chills on .25 and now after a few days I barely even have any symptoms I feel completely normal at .25. I have some hope. I am on the film by the way. So here's where I am struggling now. I went to cut up my strip last night. I got to .25 successfully. They were a little uneven, but for the most part pretty much the same. But then when I tried to cut 10% I realized that they could be different enough to mess that up. How do I cut them down at this point? I can't even hold them. I cut them with the tip of the scissors while they are flat on my surface. And I would say it was more like 10% to 20% cuts. Would that mess up the taper??
    Ming23 likes this.

Ok thank you. Yeah, I was a little sweaty and achy, and had chills on .25 and now after a few days I barely even have any symptoms I feel completely normal at .25. I have some hope. I am on the film by the way. So here's where I am struggling now. I went to cut up my strip last night. I got to .25 successfully. They were a little uneven, but for the most part pretty much the same. But then when I tried to cut 10% I realized that they could be different enough to mess that up. How do I cut them down at this point? I can't even hold them. I cut them with the tip of the scissors while they are flat on my surface. And I would say it was more like 10% to 20% cuts. Would that mess up the taper??
    This will help you?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttZ5ATKb-LE

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Pink
    Welcome!
    I also did the 10% drops once i was down to 1 mg. It worked well for me. Randy's suggestions are rooted in experience and he was instrumental in my being able to finish the taper.
    Do what he says. Hang in there; it will get better once u get stable on a dose. Post when u can!
    Pinknarcotic likes this.

Kit555 is offline New Member

I don't have any advice on your original question but I felt I had to comment. Don't be so hard on yourself, the fact you are on sub and tapering shows you are trying to NOT be selfish. This isn't an easy thing to do and defiantly isn't easy being pregnant too. You've been in half withdrawl for weeks and you're still doing it, you didn't give in and use, that doesn't make you a wimp, that makes you tough. Hang in there and don't rush it, you're feeling withdrawl Bc you aren't stable. Best of luck to you and your baby.

Thank you so much for your support. This is a very supportive forum. I haven't had the same on others. And people made me feel really awful. I quit smoking, drinking, and h the day i found out. And nothing would make me give in at this point to putting anything besides suboxone into my body. I already feel so guilty about that.

I will watch the video and head all your advice. Thank you again. I will keep you posted.

It doesn't tell you how to taper 10%. I can get down to .13 pretty successfully too. Its those 10% jumps i am not understanding how to keep consistent?

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Pink
    Good to have the films/strips. I had to hold them w a tweezer to cut them. It is hard to get it exact. Don't worry about it. Are they 2 mg or 8 mg strips? Either way, get as close as u can. There's quite a build up of subs still in your body anyway.
    How low do u plan to drop and will u skip days? It's good to have a plan!

Ok so I started getting sick early, and so I'm about up to .38 a day now. I take .25 at around 8pm then by the next morning my body hurts so I get up and I make it to about 1 then I take a .13 because I function. I'm the BIGGEST baby when it comes to withdrawals.... I feel like such a failure that I went back up..... I decided I'm going to be on this the rest of my pregnancy. I'm really stressed... I now got subutex pills because that is required when pregnant and they are 8mg and I have no idea how I'm suppose to cut these things!! And they tell me to take half in morning and half at night but I don't need that much. But I keep my extras just in case they cut me off again. So I'm scared to tell them I'm only on .38.... The state insurance programs are horrible are here.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-12-2016 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Add information.

inversions is offline Junior Member

I wish you the best Pink, WD's are horrid and I'm a bit of a wimp with them as well. I think you have your answers from others already and those people know more about this than I do. I'm on day 11 of my (hopefully first and last) sub taper. Currently at 2mg and I started at 4mg for 4 days, then dropped by 25% to 3mg for 4 days, then by 33% to 2mg which I've been on 3 days. I only experienced very minor WD's on day 6 and that was only a little sweating.

Could I be right in saying that after only 2 weeks you could still be suffering from WD's from the original opiate that caused the problem?

Best of luck and I hope things improve for you!

inversions is offline Junior Member

Ah, just realised that this is an older thread, thought it was a brand new one.

All I can say is I'll leave you in the hands of those with more experience and again say good luck and best wishes and all that!