Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
need info please
    Ready2LiveAgain is offline Junior Member

Good Morning All,
    Just wanted to check in this morning to day all is well. Took my split dose at 6 am this morning, will take the other half at 5 pm tonight. No withdrawal symptoms whatsoever, in fact this stuff makes me jittery, lol. I am planning on tomorrow being my first taper day. If anyone thinks this is too soon or that I may need to wait just let me know. Have a great morning and I'll talk to all of you later.

RJ

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2LiveAgain View Post
    Good Morning All,
    Just wanted to check in this morning to day all is well. Took my split dose at 6 am this morning, will take the other half at 5 pm tonight. No withdrawal symptoms whatsoever, in fact this stuff makes me jittery, lol. I am planning on tomorrow being my first taper day. If anyone thinks this is too soon or that I may need to wait just let me know. Have a great morning and I'll talk to all of you later.

RJ
    RJ since you are feeling no WD symptoms and today was day 6 since you inducted I see no reason for you not to begin your taper starting tomorrow. I would go ahead and drop to 2.25. Since you are dosing two times a day maybe take 1.25 for your morning dose and the other 1 later on. I don't think it really matters how you split it up doseage wise but if you want to split it evenly you could do that. Are you taking any supplements while you are tapering? There are certain ones you might want to take as you taper on down. If you aren't I can give you a list of things a lot of people take that are suppose to be beneficial as you taper. I don't know how active of a person that you are but another thing that will pay off for you in the long run is to get extra exercise. It helps restore the natural endorphin system in a person twice as fast and also helps restore a persons sleep pattern twice as fast. My best wishes to you on your first drop and I will talk to you later.

Alex

Alex,
    Thank you so much, as of right now I take a multivitamin, milk thistle and a selenium supplement. If you could forward me the recommended list that would be fantastic. I was planning on splitting my dose exactly as you outlined, 1.25 in the am and the other 1 mg later. As far as exercise goes I used to love to go to the gym but I didn't have time anymore, most of my time was devoted to my addiction. I am planning on going tomorrow, the place I'm a member at (kept my membership the whole time though rarely went) has a pool, sauna, hot tub and gym. One of the best things about suboxone in my opinion is that I will have the energy to go to the gym as I taper down instead of going CT and laying on the couch for a week. Thank you so much for your support and I'll talk to you soon.

RJ

Good Night All,
    Just wanted to say good night and hope everyone sleeps well. Starting my taper tomorrow morning, can't wait to begin phase 2 of my journey. Stay strong everyone, have a good night and I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

RJ
    alexnt likes this.

Alex,
    Thank you so much, as of right now I take a multivitamin, milk thistle and a selenium supplement. If you could forward me the recommended list that would be fantastic. I was planning on splitting my dose exactly as you outlined, 1.25 in the am and the other 1 mg later. As far as exercise goes I used to love to go to the gym but I didn't have time anymore, most of my time was devoted to my addiction. I am planning on going tomorrow, the place I'm a member at (kept my membership the whole time though rarely went) has a pool, sauna, hot tub and gym. One of the best things about suboxone in my opinion is that I will have the energy to go to the gym as I taper down instead of going CT and laying on the couch for a week. Thank you so much for your support and I'll talk to you soon.

RJ
    RJ good to read that you are still a member at a gym and plan on going back to it as you taper. while I was tapering I took a complete multivitamin/multimineral supplement daily along with a multi B-complex vitamin. The B vitamins are suppose to be helpful especially B12 I think it is. I also took extra potassium as it suppose to help avoid RLS. I read about a lot of people complaining about RLS and I was fortunate in that I never had any of it. Also stay well hydrated and if you like Gatorade then stock up on it. If while your tapering you start having any lack of energy along the way let us know as there is a supplement for it that a lot of people use. You are fortunate in that you did research on suboxone before you started it and stabilized on just 3 mg and are now ready to begin your taper. If while you are tapering you experience any anxiety or insomnia post it and there are things to take that can help you out. Best wishes to you on day 1 of your taper and I will talk to you later.

Alex
    Ready2LiveAgain likes this.

Good Morning All,
    Starting my taper diary as today is day 1 of my taper. Took my first split dose this morning 1.25 mgs. Will take my other 1 mg later today. I am going out to get some supplies (vitamins, minerals, supplements) as recommended to me by Alex. Will let you know later how my day is going as I am keeping my fingers crossed this drop goes smoothly so I can continue my way down without delay. Hope you are all doing well, have a great morning!!

RJ
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Good Evening All,
    Today was day 1 of my suboxone taper. As of this post all is well, no w/d symptoms of any kind. As I've read on other threads it's day 2 or 3 where these things can come up and bite you. Went out today and got all vitamins, supplements that I will need as I taper down. Hopefully tomorrow goes as smoothly as today (fingers crossed). Take care all, stay strong and have a good night. I will talk to you all tomorrow.

RJ
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Just want to say congratulations on your taper..
    Yes some usually feel the symptoms on day 3 or 4
    I didn't really feel much till I got to about 1.75
    So u never know
    This drug is unpredictable..
    But keep on keepin on!
    Take care
    Iluv2

Good Morning All,
    Thanks Iluv2 it means alot, hoping all goes smoothly without any w/ds. Today is day 2 and all is well, took a bunch of vitamins and now off to work. Have a great day everyone, stay strong! Talk to you all later.

RJ
    Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

Good Morning All,
    Got too busy to post last night, life got in the way as it sometimes does. All is going well, into day 3 of my 1st taper drop. No w/d symptoms at all, a little anxiety but it passed. Am hoping today all goes smoothly as I've heard day 3 can be tough. Keeping my fingers crossed!! Have a great day all, stay strong and I will talk to you later.

RJ
    alexnt likes this.

Good Morning All,
    Got too busy to post last night, life got in the way as it sometimes does. All is going well, into day 3 of my 1st taper drop. No w/d symptoms at all, a little anxiety but it passed. Am hoping today all goes smoothly as I've heard day 3 can be tough. Keeping my fingers crossed!! Have a great day all, stay strong and I will talk to you later.

RJ
    RJ good to see where you are on day 3 of your first drop and feeling no WD symptoms as of this morning. How are you feeling this evening? Hope that day 3 was a good day for you. If you read this tonight and have time to respond let us know how day 3 went for you. Will check on you later.

Alex

Good Evening All,
    Am wrapping up day 3 of my 1st taper drop and I have to say I've felt better today than any day so far. This morning I was full of energy and buzzing around work ( enough to work up a sweat) as I have a physical job. No anxiety today like I experienced yesterday.
    I know I'm still taking a good amount of sub per day (2.25 mg) but I'm starting to feel more like I used to before my addiction changed what my "normal" was. I feel more engaged and in the moment and I have all of you wonderful people to thank. I know my taper journey is FAR from over and there are sure to be rough patches but now I'm starting to remember what my old normal was like and I want that WAY more than anything that could come out of a bottle or a bag.
    Well I've run my keyboard long enough tonight. I just want to say thank you again to all who have helped me along and encouraged me. Stay strong, and I will talk to you all tomorrow. :-) Good night

RJ
    alexnt and Iwantoff2013 like this.

Alex,
    You and I must have been writing at the same time. Lol. Thank you for your concern, help, and encouragement. Have a great night. Talk to you tomorrow.

RJ

RJ that is great to read that you felt better today than any day so far since you started. Being able to induct at 3 mg and staring the taper after 6 days is really going to pay off for you in the long run of things. The less amount of time spent on subs the easier the taper and the jump at the end are. You are doing great so far and I am very happy for you. I really enjoy following a thread when someone is new here and watching there journey along the way. Hope you have a good weekend and I will talk to you later.

Alex

Hi RJ
    Wanted to check in and see how u are doing?
    I am all is going well..

It is funny every little ache , yawn or pain I want to blame it on the taper..
    But truthfully I may be tired... Lol
    I think people who are not tapering or who are not on meds still have those symptoms.
    It may just be life !
    I am getting older..lol
    Iluv

RJ just dropping by to see how the taper is going. Hope all is well and that you had a good weekend.

Alex

RJ its been 4 days since you last posted that all was going well with your taper and you were on day 3 at 2.25. Have you dropped to 1.75 since then and if so how are things going now for you. Perhaps you have been busy and al is going well for you right now. But if by chance you have run into any kind of problems since then go ahead and post it and we will be here to support you no matter what. Hope to hear back from you soon.

Alex

Lincolnecho is offline Member

Good Evening All,
    Am wrapping up day 3 of my 1st taper drop and I have to say I've felt better today than any day so far. This morning I was full of energy and buzzing around work ( enough to work up a sweat) as I have a physical job. No anxiety today like I experienced yesterday.
    I know I'm still taking a good amount of sub per day (2.25 mg) but I'm starting to feel more like I used to before my addiction changed what my "normal" was. I feel more engaged and in the moment and I have all of you wonderful people to thank. I know my taper journey is FAR from over and there are sure to be rough patches but now I'm starting to remember what my old normal was like and I want that WAY more than anything that could come out of a bottle or a bag.
    Well I've run my keyboard long enough tonight. I just want to say thank you again to all who have helped me along and encouraged me. Stay strong, and I will talk to you all tomorrow. :-) Good night

RJ
    RJ,

I come back to read the stories once in a while and read your whole thread. You are going to make it because you have the right attitude, ask for guidance, follow directions and post no matter what. Having just celebrated not taking pills for 1 year I can say you will be amazed. I stumbled across this board and met the same folks that are helping you. It works!

My drug free life came just in time. I have been so busy with 2 very ill family members. I am now able to be there for them. No longer the selfish pill taker worried about the roller coaster using had me on.

Keep up the good work. You are on the right path to becoming drug free without the horror of cold turkey withdrawal.

Nice to meet you,

Ttyl,

Lincoln

Good Morning All,
    Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. We had someone at work quit unexpectedly and I've been working 16-17 hour days since (5 am until 8 or 9 pm). I can definitely use the OT with Christmas on the way but Ive barely had time to sleep so I apologize for not posting. Today is day 3 of 1.75, I extended my drop at 2.25 because on day 4 I didn't feel good at all. Since I've dropped to 1.75 I am experiencing some anxiety, especially at night but no other symptoms. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well today and tomorrow so I can continue my taper as planned.
    Thank you all for all of your help and concern with my disappearance, lol. I am glad to say I am still on track and headed in the right direction thanks to all of you.
    Iluv and Alex: thanks for checking in on me and all your support, it means alot.
    Lincoln: Nice to meet you too. Congratulations on your 1 year pill free, and yes I can absolutely relate to the selfishness that comes along with this addiction. Thank you for your kind words and support.
    I know this sounds kind of lazy but I think I'm going to go back to bed for awhile and catch up on some much needed sleep.
    Stay strong everyone, have a great day and I'll talk to you all tonight.

RJ
    Iwantoff2013 and Iluv2smile like this.

Raj
    I am glad you are on track!
    This drug is strange ..
    You never know..
    I am at 1st day at 1mg felt good all day till just a few minutes started to have a little anxiety..
    Wierd but I am looking forward to be drug free by 1/1/15...
    I wanted to do it by Thanksgiving but had some bumps in the road..
    So January 1st is great!
    I am glad you are feeling ok..
    Thank you for posting!
    Iluv2

Iluv,
    Glad to hear you are down to 1mg, congratulations. Hoping to be there soon myself. I can definitely sympathize with the bumps in the road. But we had those too during our addiction just alot different. That will be a great new years gift and every new year after that will be that much more special because it will also be the anniversary of getting your sober life back. I'm rooting for you, I know you can do it!! Have a good night.
    Stay strong my friends, it's great to have the time to post again. Have a great night, sleep well, and I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

RJ
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

RJ good to see you post again and that you are now at 1.75 and doing ok besides the little bit of anxiety you are experiencing. I see where you extended your stay at 2.25 a couple of days and that was a smart move because dropping before your stable at a dose ends up backfiring and messing up ones taper. The 4 day drop is not written in stone and its best to just listen to your body like you did before dropping your dose. With all the hours you have been working recently and coming off a rather high amount of opiates you were using before starting subs you are doing a great job so far with your taper. Just keep in mind while you are tapering that there may be little bumps in the road now and then. Also if you are like an awful lot of us here who have tapered off or currently tapering any little symptom or discomfort you may feel you will be blaming the taper when in most cases it has nothing to do with the taper. Hope you sleep well tonight and I will talk to you later.

Alex

RJ just dropping by to say hi and I hope all is still going well with your taper. When you last posted on the 20th you were working really long hours and I am guessing you still may be and that is why you have not posted recently. I know you were on day 3 of 1.75 so I do not know if you are still on 1.75 or you have dropped since then. Anyway I hope you are doing ok with the taper and I hope the long hours of work are not taking a toll on you. At one time I was able to work 2 different jobs and work 15 to 16 hours a day a few days of the week. I will be 60 in March so that was many many moons ago lol. Give us an update when you have some time and I will talk to you later.

Alex

Good morning all,
    Sorry I haven't been too consistent with my postings lately but my long hours at work have been taking a toll on me and I come home, eat, and go to sleep. as of this morning I am still at 1.75 milligrams, I haven't dropped as I haven't been feeling too well lately probably because of all the hours I've been working and don't want to add a drop to the mix. I do have a question that I'm sure you all can help me with. Since I've been working all these crazy hours and don't want to stress myself out too bad do you think it would be okay to drop just .25 milligrams every four days instead of the 25% drop so its an easier step down? At least for the time being until I'm off these 16 hour shifts. Or do you think that it will mess up my taper because of the longer extension? Thank you in advance for all your help and thank you all for your support. Stay strong and have a great day.

RJ
    P.S. I have changed my dosing to once a day in the morning as I want to get away from the addictive lifestyle of dosing as I need it. Just wanted to let you know in case that makes a difference.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Good morning all,
    Sorry I haven't been too consistent with my postings lately but my long hours at work have been taking a toll on me and I come home, eat, and go to sleep. as of this morning I am still at 1.75 milligrams, I haven't dropped as I haven't been feeling too well lately probably because of all the hours I've been working and don't want to add a drop to the mix. I do have a question that I'm sure you all can help me with. Since I've been working all these crazy hours and don't want to stress myself out too bad do you think it would be okay to drop just .25 milligrams every four days instead of the 25% drop so its an easier step down? At least for the time being until I'm off these 16 hour shifts. Or do you think that it will mess up my taper because of the longer extension? Thank you in advance for all your help and thank you all for your support. Stay strong and have a great day.

RJ
    P.S. I have changed my dosing to once a day in the morning as I want to get away from the addictive lifestyle of dosing as I need it. Just wanted to let you know in case that makes a difference.
    Hey there. It's perfectly fine to drop by .25mg increments. Randy did that too when he got below 2mg. It sure makes cutting the strips (or pills) a heck of a lot easier! Make sure you're stable before each drop; the 4-day rule isn't written in stone. Some drops may require an extra day or two and that's ok.

You're doing great. Have a good day, friend.
    Kat

Good morning all,

RJ
    RJ with all these hours you have been working which I am sure are exhausting to you I think just dropping to 1.5 is not a bad idea. I do not think it will mess your taper up once bit it will just extend it a little but may pay off in the end because you need to be feeling decent when you make a drop and with your current work schedule a 25 % drop might be a bit more then what your body needs at this point. Good on you for just dosing once a day as you would need to do it soon anyway and if you feel ok dosing once a day then you have got that part out of the way for now. Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving and I will talk to you later.

Alex

Good Evening All,
    Hope this post finds everyone well and heading in the right direction on their road to recovery. Sorry I've been so absent the last few days. I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. As for myself I had to work thanksgiving day but still got time to spend with my family later in the day. I think all the 16 hour shifts finally caught up to me as I've been in bed the last few days with a bad chest cold and exhausted from the past couple of weeks. Today is day 3 at 1.5 mg in my taper and what I thought was part of my cold seems to me more like withdrawal symptoms. I have been having bad abdominal pains like I would when I used to run out of pills and would start to go into withdrawals. I've been trying to stay hydrated and eat every day to keep my strength up, as well as to take my vitamins and supplements. Sorry if this is TMI but nothing is moving today as my only meal of the day seems to be firmly planted in my stomach and going nowhere just like when I used to go through withdrawals. I know in Roberts taper plan it says you can take a .25 mg sliver to alleviate any withdrawals but I'm rreally struggling between taking it to help me get my body heading back in the right direction but I really don't want to have to reset myself to day 1 of 1.5 mgs again. So my question is if I take .25 mg now to get rid of these withdrawals will it start me over at day 1 of 1.5 mg tomorrow or will tomorrow still be day 4 and I can drop down to 1.25 on Monday or Tuesday? Thank you in advance for all your help.
    And to Kat, Alex, Iluv and everyone else who has checked in on me I say thank you, having all of you looking out for me means the world to me, and I apologize for not posting too much in the last week.
    Stay strong everyone, I will talk to you all soon. : )

RJ

Good Evening All,
    Hope this post finds everyone well and heading in the right direction on their road to recovery. Sorry I've been so absent the last few days. I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. As for myself I had to work thanksgiving day but still got time to spend with my family later in the day. I think all the 16 hour shifts finally caught up to me as I've been in bed the last few days with a bad chest cold and exhausted from the past couple of weeks. Today is day 3 at 1.5 mg in my taper and what I thought was part of my cold seems to me more like withdrawal symptoms. I have been having bad abdominal pains like I would when I used to run out of pills and would start to go into withdrawals. I've been trying to stay hydrated and eat every day to keep my strength up, as well as to take my vitamins and supplements. Sorry if this is TMI but nothing is moving today as my only meal of the day seems to be firmly planted in my stomach and going nowhere just like when I used to go through withdrawals. I know in Roberts taper plan it says you can take a .25 mg sliver to alleviate any withdrawals but I'm rreally struggling between taking it to help me get my body heading back in the right direction but I really don't want to have to reset myself to day 1 of 1.5 mgs again. So my question is if I take .25 mg now to get rid of these withdrawals will it start me over at day 1 of 1.5 mg tomorrow or will tomorrow still be day 4 and I can drop down to 1.25 on Monday or Tuesday? Thank you in advance for all your help.
    And to Kat, Alex, Iluv and everyone else who has checked in on me I say thank you, having all of you looking out for me means the world to me, and I apologize for not posting too much in the last week.
    Stay strong everyone, I will talk to you all soon. : )

RJ
    RJ I do not know if you ended up taking the sliver but I think if you did you can just stick to your taper as planned. Getting a bad cold or the flu right in the middle of taper can really make things confusing. If you have a bad cold chest my guess is that its probably not WD but its the cold on top of all the hours you have been working recently. Sounds like the long hours of work might be catching up to you and your body needs a break. I would stick at 1.5 until you are completely healed up and put the drop to 1.25 on hold for now. Its just a few extra days added to your taper but you are doing fine with your taper so just be patient. You have only been on subs now for a little over 3 weeks now and with being able to induct at 3 mg you are in fine shape. Get well my friend and I will talk to you later.

Alex

Good Evening All,
    I hope this post finds everyone well. Alex, thank you for your insight and advice it is always spot on and much appreciated. I did not end up taking the sliver last night I ended up just toughing it out. I think your assessment was right on that it was the cold and not withdrawals. I ended up having a fever over 103° last night I think my chest cold has progressed into the flu. Even so I still got up and went to work today. Tomorrow I will drop to 1.25 mgs as I am feeling well besides my cold. If you don't think this is a good idea let me know. Have a great night and I'll talk to you later my friend. Stay strong everyone. : )

RJ

Good Evening All,
    I hope this post finds everyone well. Alex, thank you for your insight and advice it is always spot on and much appreciated. I did not end up taking the sliver last night I ended up just toughing it out. I think your assessment was right on that it was the cold and not withdrawals. I ended up having a fever over 103° last night I think my chest cold has progressed into the flu. Even so I still got up and went to work today. Tomorrow I will drop to 1.25 mgs as I am feeling well besides my cold. If you don't think this is a good idea let me know. Have a great night and I'll talk to you later my friend. Stay strong everyone. : )

RJ
    RJ I really cant say if I think it would be ok to go ahead and drop tomorrow or not. I do not really know if your sick from something like the flu if that would have anything to do with slowing down a sub taper. Man you had a fever of 103 and went ahead and went to work today so you must be one strong person. Hope you do not end up with pneumonia or something like that. I hope you are still not working 16 hours a day being sick like you are. Did your fever break last night or did you still have it when you went to work? I think if it were me I might be hesitant on dropping tomorrow but that is just me. Best wishes to you on getting well soon and I will talk to you later.

Alex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast