Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GoBlueFan
  • 2 Post By UncleLeo
Need lil help here.. Please I want this so bad
    GoBlueFan is offline New Member

Default Need lil help here.. Please I want this so bad

First things first I know my typing sucks because I'm so use to shorthand text I can't hardly put good sentences 2gether so please bare with me..

My Story:
    I was heavy user of anything and everything with pills bein favorite.. Well I had a daughter and I knew I couldn't b out there runnin wild so started Methadone for few months and had drive so far every morning it jus sucked.. Well heard bout subs went to doc got em and did em for bout yr.it really stabled my life tremendously.. I know people think their the devil but it helped me hold 2gether a decent life.. I was still doin a few drugs with subs occasionally.. . I got off of them but that's been prob 5 yrs ago and I can't remember how did it cause memory so bad..Now I'm an upholster n furniture and it's a piece work job so it's dam impossible try do this kinda work and make any kind money and be detoxing.. I quit em somehow before started my latest job 5 yrs ago.. I got good job and the subs always give me lil boost of energy and I can work like hell all day long on em and that's jus doing 1 8mg strip a week all really do.. So I wanted do great at this job cause best one ever had cause was pretty much clean and my dumbass went bk and started em again jus for energy boost helps me with my job.. Ive been on them for prob 4 plus years now on the strips.. I have got promoted to a supervisor job and desperately wanna kick these things for good somehow now that don't have do piece work very often anymore.. Missing work isn't an option and I'm always on my feet walkin aroumd so gonna b tough.. I only get 4 every month and wk before Xmas I jus took the smallest piece I cud cut with scissors off 8mg twice a day.. I take 1st thing n mornin and usually take another smallest piece can cut round 4..I mean I couldn't get my dose any lower other than trying to wean where I was only takin the small piece once.. Well during my week off I tried quit and I tried deal with it for a day or 2 but I jus couldn't lay around the couch with a 9 yr old wantin play and jus laying around feeling horrible so I started bk my reg regime jus 2 very small pieces a day.. I dont know how many MG that wud be.. I jus kno 1 8mg last me a wk.. I jus dont know what to do cause been on these things seems like my whole life and I jus wanna b done with that part my life but damn it these WD jus kick my ass I even tried me few lines of Meth while I was off to c if that wud help with feeling so bad and it jus kinda masked it I still felt too bad so that won't work.. Shud I get some viocodins or something that can last me long nuff for a wk or 2 and jump off those does that help with the sub WD.. I dunno what it is I jus cant handle the sub WD.. I cud with drawl off anything not b that miserable.. I have 100% confidence I cud take viocodins or percocet to wean off subs and not get hooked on them.. I mean I jus dont have that addictive trait anyway it always physical get me that y I tried Methamphetamine to c if that wud take WD away but didn't and that something I wud never do again jus so desperate for way off!! Can someone please give me some words of wisdom and I do apologize for long pitiful typing session but I dunno what do Thanks for all ur help
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-04-2018 at 05:59 AM.
    UncleLeo likes this.

I really really wud love someone advice I hate bein trapped.. I beem reading where take dose wait day take dose wait 2 days etc etc.. So guess I have giv that a try guess this is gonna b livin hell for few wks I guess

Wavision is offline Member

Hey goblue

Have you read through Robert's taper plan? Here is the link to it

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Skip down to the tapering section and follow that. I'm sure Randy will pop in here to give you more info soon. Good luck. I'm just starting my taper this week.

Yea i read after I posted man thank u good luck hope u r successful

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Welcome! You've come to the right place. Everyone is very supportive here.

For one - start by cutting out any and all other substances - they won't help and only make things worse.

Two - what is your situation as far as getting any time that you can for yourself or with some family or friends to at least help you through the early stages? Doctors? Brother or sister? Etc.

Helps to come up with a good game plan then work the taper process outlined that you have. And keep posting and obviously try to go to any/all AA or NA...support is critical. You can do this, but not alone. None of us are that strong. Hang in there.
    Lvg nghtmare and Randy35 like this.

I live with my baby mama and my 9 yr old.. I have my family doctor that gives me the subs I go to monthly.. I wud b with them at home but I'm more worried bout not bein able to work I can't miss work for at least next couple.. Im definitely not gonna be doin anything else to use as a crutch.. Im jus so dreading this bein miserable for that long but I have great confidence I b alright if jus get off these subs cause I will never take anything n my life again that's habit forming because this is dam final WD..My girlfriend don't know that i take it so I know I'm on my own thru this and be hard cause my daughter is on my heels all day long wantin play or something.. The only thing gets me depressed a lil is me knowing that Ima prob lose 7-10 days of bein with my daughter cause I know I won't feel like doin anything.. Mayb she can go stay with her cousins for few days if gets too bad gotta go doctor next week and get my 4 subs and I guess Ima try taper way down again and try the skip days plan.. I try update ya if get going on Tapering. Thanks so much for ur help and talkin me outta usin something else as a crutch cause I prob wuda.. Here's to a optimistic 2018!!!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlueFan View Post
    I live with my baby mama and my 9 yr old.. I have my family doctor that gives me the subs I go to monthly.. I wud b with them at home but I'm more worried bout not bein able to work I can't miss work for at least next couple.. Im definitely not gonna be doin anything else to use as a crutch.. Im jus so dreading this bein miserable for that long but I have great confidence I b alright if jus get off these subs cause I will never take anything n my life again that's habit forming because this is dam final WD..My girlfriend don't know that i take it so I know I'm on my own thru this and be hard cause my daughter is on my heels all day long wantin play or something.. The only thing gets me depressed a lil is me knowing that Ima prob lose 7-10 days of bein with my daughter cause I know I won't feel like doin anything.. Mayb she can go stay with her cousins for few days if gets too bad gotta go doctor next week and get my 4 subs and I guess Ima try taper way down again and try the skip days plan.. I try update ya if get going on Tapering. Thanks so much for ur help and talkin me outta usin something else as a crutch cause I prob wuda.. Here's to a optimistic 2018!!!

Hello GoBlueFan -

I just wanted to pop in and give you my take on things. First of all this taper plan works! If you follow it closely you'll have virtually no problems. Secondly, I was on Suboxone for approximately 9 months by choice and I never once missed a days work because of being on the sub, or during the entire taper process. Suboxone wd's aren't nearly as severe as full agonist opiate wd's such as Oxy. Percs, and Vicodin, they just last a while longer in most cases.

You have to really WANT off the subs, and you have to keep in mind that you're stopping a very powerful drug so some wd symptoms will arise at times. If you make yourself understand that you'll be fine.

You're making an 8mg film strip last a week. So you're taking close to 1mg per day, perhaps a little less at times? So that's where you start, at 1mg per day. Take 1mg daily until you put together 4 straight days of feeling ok, with little or no wd's. If you feel stabilized on 1mg right now then go ahead and reduce by 25% down to .75mg daily. Spend at least 4 days on .75mg and if stable on the 5th day reduce again by 25% down to .5mg (rounded off) daily. Then it's down to .375mg and .25mg daily. After that you can reduce even further, jump at that dose, or use the ay skipping process which I highly recommend.

If you're not stable after 4 days on any dose then spend another day or two on that dose, or until you do stabilize before reducing. Never reduce of not stable. Symptoms will follow all the way down in doses if you do.

Take this one day at a time as it shouldn't be a race. All you need to do is finish. And please don't discard UncleLeo's advise about going to some NA or AA meetings. Getting clean is only half the war. Remaining clean takes more work. Those face to face meetings with the support of others that are in the know is priceless help. I can guarantee you I wouldn't have the 3.5 years clean I have now without those meetings. I really hope you'll consider going.

Randy

Walkley822 is offline Member

Hello gobluefan! I just wanted to say that if you follow Randy’s advice, you’ll be 100% ok with work. Randy REALLY knows what he’s talking about so follow his advice and you’ll do just fine! I also think you should consider asking your doc for 2mg strips once you’re taking doses under 1mg. I think it might make cutting the smaller doses easier than cutting the 8mg strips. Just something else to consider. Im on tablets so I don’t have as much experience there. Good luck and I hope you keep posting! Here’s to an amazing 2018!!

Wavision is offline Member

Any update for us goblue? Hope you're doing well... Let us know what's going on.