Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Iwontgiveup
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Misty234
  • 1 Post By Iwontgiveup
Need taper buddy!!
    Iwontgiveup is offline New Member

Default Need taper buddy!!

Hello, just to give a brief overview of where I've been and where I'm at, I was a heavy IV abuser using diladud for 9 years. however I would take anything and everything on top of it. This started at a VERY young age.. Went to jail and cold turkey off it honestly thought I was going to die. Started back as soon as I got out. I was using anywhere from 6 to 14 4 mg pills a day.. Yeah yikes! Got sent off to jail several times over this. Fast forward to the last time I went to jail. I met someone who changed my life forever, got me off the street and kept me clean! (We got married) Five years I touched nothing!!! (He was an addict before as well I might add) no more jail, no more drugs I had beat it!!! Made something of myself and started a real life! I was the happiest I had ever been. Then tragedy struck and my husband was in a horrible accident that almost killed him.. Of course he was on ALL kinds of pain medicine and praise the lord he survived with no serious long term affect of any kind.. Here's what happened.. After several weeks in ICU he was sent home (we had no insurance) on a ton of pain medicine.. We left and I stopped at the pharmacy to fill his meds on our way home. I had been days without sleeping and was a wreck over worry just flat out stressed and scared. He handed me one of the pills he got and said here maybe that will take the edge off. Like an idiot I took it. No real reason other than in a time of extreme stress I could easily think that would help take the edge off.. And there it went.. Started off no big deal, I would take one here an there, after all this was nothing compared to what I had done before right?! Well fast forward a year and I found myself heavily back on them.. Decided enough was enough and I had come to far to throw it away over some cheap pills so I grabbed a few suboxone from a friend and thought I'll take these for a few days and be good.. Not so much.. Can you see I have an addictive behavior by now? Ok well here's where I'm at today, thankfully I never started at a high dose on the suboxone.. I'd take it here and there (cutting 8mg strips into thirds) I've been doing this for roughly 8 months now >> say.. I'm ready to be done. I've read through this forum all night last night to see what I'm up against and I am ready and believe I can do it! After all I think I am starting at a much better place than some who actually went to a doc and were started at crazy high amounts! (Oh and my husband quite the pain pills on his own way before I started to take the sub) sorry I know that was a ton of writing but that's my background and here I am.. I decided to start today! I am tapering down to 2 mg as of today ( cutting strip in 4) and will do that for the next 4 days before I drop again, just hoping I could find someone that maybe where I'm at for mutual encouragement and support!! Accountability I think seemed to help a lot of people on here. Thanks for taking the time to read this and feel free to comment , Any support will be greatly appreciated thank you!! And God bless
    Ming23 and UncleLeo like this.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Hello, I copied the post I left for you below in regards to your 1st post looking for Robert? For some reason your original post disappeared but that is okay because I see that you have now started your own thread here in the Suboxone forum which is more fitting than the need to talk forum that I suggested. Be patient, plenty of knowledgeable people will be by to help you along? If you haven't read through Robert's sub taper plan yet then I would suggest you to do so! Follow it to the "T", It works!!! Keep posting? Hang in there, you'll get through this! God bless us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwontgiveup View Post
    Is Robert still on here to post for support? I was up all night reading through this feed. I have decided to begin my taper and I'm sure I'm going to need some guidance. Just wanted to make sure he was here for assistance before I post my story/background ect. Thanks!

Hello Iwontgiveup, unfortunately Robert is not around any longer, I believe he has passed on from other posts that I have read? I suggest that you go ahead and start your own thread in the "Need To Talk" forum. I promise that you will get plenty of help and support there! There is sub taper plan that Robert created and is posted in the "Suboxone Treatment" forum. Many, many people have used Robert's plan with great success! There are alot of people here with a ton of experience and know exactly how to help you so like I said, start your own thread and begin your road to recovery! Best of luck and take care... God bless us all!
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Iwontgiveup
    Welcome! As Ricky said, many of us here have successfully tapered off subs using the Sub Therapy directions posted at the top of the sub forum. You're dosing 2 mg for at least four days. Then, decrease by 25%, which will take you down to 1.5 mg.
    Most folks break the dose into halves and take one dose in morning and second dose 8-10 hours later--not too close to bedtime. When you get down to 1 mg, start dosing once a day.
    Drink a lot of water because subs dehydrate the body.
    At 1 mg level, some folks make smaller decreases. See how you feel. Never drop if going through wd. The body will adjust. But you sound good and focused as well.
    You can do this! You're in the right place. Post anytime u feel like it!
    Here for you!

Misty234 is offline Member

Hi Iwontgiveup I'm in the process of a taper I'm completing my second day on .5mg. You can do this believe me I know I'm not done yet yet but WOW I feel so much better. I can think more clearly I'm more sociable than I've ever been heck I even went on a date which I haven't done for years because of the zombie feeling I'd get from the subs. The people on this forum are wonderful and offer great support and advice, Listen to them they know what they are talking about. Believe in yourself it's really important that YOU believe that YOU can do this. I usually offer support because I'm no expert like other's on this forum but I'll be stopping by to offer any support and encouragement that I can...Take Care...Misty
    Ming23 likes this.

Iwontgiveup is offline New Member

Yeah I've got my calendar all mapped out! Lol feel okay today, really just try not to dwell on it I think a big portion of it is psychological (and the hardest
    Ming23 likes this.

Iwontgiveup how did your day go? I hope it went well. Give a holler if you need to talk I'm usually lurking on this board. Take Care...Misty

Hey Iwontgiveup how is everything going are you ok? I'm doing OK I had to take a couple "rescue doses" on my .5mg drop but I didn't have to today so I'm staying on that for 3 more days them I'm going to start skipping days. I just wanted to stop by and see how you are. I hope all is well...Take Care..Misty