Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
A new beginning!!
    davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Hope Dinner went alright for U Mytime84....Saw you found MY thread...Thanks for reading some of it, and glad it helped You some!! Said Your jumping from 2Mg......I actually jumped from .5 x2 a day...Which equaled 1mg a day....I would have liked to have went lower...but just couldn't!! I'm not sure how long you said you've been on the subs....but I was on them for over 3 years.....So...I think You can do this!! Most people think that's a high dose to jump from....but....if you haven't been on them for along time....maybe not to bad?? And Yes...need to get some exercise.....Helps ALOT!! And of course keep checking in with these GREAT folks on this forum....Best thing I ever did, was find these people!! Good Luck...Happy New Year....Here's to a CLEAN "15"..Stay Strong My Friend!!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

rennie86 is offline Member

Hey! Happy New Year, mytime! How did your dinner go last night? I hope it went well! New Year..... new beginnings!

-Renee

mytime84 is offline Junior Member

Well I made it! Highly aggravated sometimes but yeah I made it through!! This morning is pretty rough...stomach wize...shaking today...but it's day 5..clean!!!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

And by the way...this place is the best!! I know im not saying much...just extremely tired!! Thanks to all...yall are extremely great!!!!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Tired is OK.....Just let yourself be tired....But...if You can....Exercise....Exercise....Exercise....Walk... swim....try and Do something......If YOU need to take a day and just Rest.....ok....Just try not to do too much of that!! Best way to feel better ...is MOVE...In My Humble Opinion!! Happy 1st Of 2015!! Stay Strong Mytime!!.....oh ...and Congrats on Day 5!! Whoot...Whoot!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-01-2015 at 05:20 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    Tired is OK.....Just let yourself be tired....But...if You can....Exercise....Exercise....Exercise....Walk... swim....try and Do something......If YOU need to take a day and just Rest.....ok....Just try not to do too much of that!! Best way to feel better ...is MOVE...In My Humble Opinion!! Happy 1st Of 2015!! Stay Strong Mytime!!.....oh ...and Congrats on Day 5!! Whoot...Whoot!!
    Thank u so much...wow today has probably been the worst in my opinion!! Many
    stomach issues...very tired...cant sleep..and of course everyone else here at home is! Rls is bad...heavy breathing..looks like im going to see day six wide awake...

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there my time..
    Wow 5 days
    You are doing great..
    Have you tried liquid Imodium?
    It is an opiate that doesn't cross the blood brain barrier so no high.
    But it helps with the other withdrawals..
    And Hylands restless leg. OTC..
    Congratulation!
    Soon this will be a memory..
    Iluv2

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    Hi there my time..
    Wow 5 days
    You are doing great..
    Have you tried liquid Imodium?
    It is an opiate that doesn't cross the blood brain barrier so no high.
    But it helps with the other withdrawals..
    And Hylands restless leg. OTC..
    Congratulation!
    Soon this will be a memory..
    Iluv2
    Thanks..but no I haven't! I truly need to get by the store and get those products! Last night was the worst!! No sleep and constantly on the restroom!! My stomach hurts so bad!! But anyway..definitely gonna get those...

I have a question..?? Does it have to be liquid Imodium? I can it be on pill form?

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mytime84 View Post
    I have a question..?? Does it have to be liquid Imodium? I can it be on pill form?
    Most people prefer the liquid. It seems to work better. Hang in there!

Kat

Ok..Thanks..just got news Im going to be put back on the schedule at work on Monday! Happy but very nervous about how I will perform!! Good luck to every one here! Thanks for all the support!!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Sadmommy13 is offline Senior Member

I am ending my day 3 (not from subs but detox & horrific wds nonetheless). About the immodium, the liquid form is working miracles on my stomach. I tried both pill & liquid form, and at least for me the liquid mostly does the trick. I take a full dose soon as I wake up, then smaller doses as needed when I start feeling my stomach again.

Another product I do think is helping me in the morning is the vitamin b, but I do think it's an energy boost I would not want anytime I needed to sleep.

I'm eating bananas like a monkey, using hylands restless leg, but still not much relief with the legs. You might try melatonin for sleep, but IMO it's too mild for what I need to make me sleep right now. Can someone just knock me out with a caveman club please?

Just sharing what's helping me as I enter day 4. Today was harder than yesterday, and I fear what a beast tomorrow will be, but, mytime, you are doing an awesome job. Heck, you even went our of New Years dinner..... I was sobbing from my couch as the ball dropped, so not me.

Posting & reading these forums are like my lifeline to hope & sanity & ........... Most of all, FREEDOM.

Someone above said "here's to a clean 2015". That's my new motto! Dying inside right now, but hopeful!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

jeep2001 is offline Member

Wow! Go girl I'm sitting here reading your thread and after just trying the exact same jump myself I no exactly how you feel. You are right at the worst part of it...I have read it only gets better after tomorrow, Drink as much water as u can handle and grab some enrich at the pharmacy to get the vitamins your body needs, I herd Gatorade help a bit to.

Thanks guys!! Today is day 7!! Mornings are the worst!! Shaky and not motivated to get off the couch!! But I know its best!! Thanks to everyone for posting! This is a true blessing!! Please continue to post!! Day 7 here I come!! Whoop whoop

And moving is definitely best!! Cleaning now..shaking...but cleaning! Wonderful...u guys ROCK!!!

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mytime84 View Post
    And moving is definitely best!! Cleaning now..shaking...but cleaning! Wonderful...u guys ROCK!!!
    You're a champ! Seriously. Your attitude will get you to the other side. Yeah, our first instinct is to curl up and freak out but staying busy makes a big difference.

Congrats on 1 week!
    Kat

Thanks kat...

rennie86 is offline Member

Hey! Congratulations! 7 days - how amazing! You are awesome; keep it up!
    -Renee

Hey..Thanks..this sleeping thing is about to drive me mad!! Its amazing what u remember when u lie awake in bed all night! So many memories ive suppressed all these years! But anyway thanks again!! Wide awake again on day 8..and its only 4:30 in the a.m....

Well how is it going you haven't posted in a few day's, hope you are hanging in there, I know it is very hard, I tried it and was very very sick by day 4. I think if I had less responsibilities and more time by myself it would have been easier.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep2001 View Post
    Well how is it going you haven't posted in a few day's, hope you are hanging in there, I know it is very hard, I tried it and was very very sick by day 4. I think if I had less responsibilities and more time by myself it would have been easier.
    Not sure if u were talking to me but...as for myself...its day 8..my body is so sore..but im getting through! Going back to work tomorrow..so I guess we will see..cant sleep well but..guess it could be worse! ThAnks for all the support...sure glad to have u guys!!
    Iwantoff2013 and Iluv2smile like this.

Are you still hanging in there ?

Jeep 2001.. if u were talking to me...YES YES..still hanging on!!! Today is day 9! Im telling you...im kinda proud!! Its been 10 years since ive been clean and I woke up happy and giggling this morning! Wow..I could have never done it without the support from my family and friends!!!!!! But im hanging in there! Back to work tonight! Nervous...but probably for the best...but as I said before ..im a single parent of three beautiful boys..so..shoot..work should be ok..thanks to everyone who has read my posts...love to see feedback!! Its a new year..new beginnings...I only hope the best for anyone in this situation!!!!!

Sadmommy 13..how are you?? Hope your doing well!! Thanks for the response! I truly appreciate it! Im using the Imodium...it helps! Best of luck!! TRULY

Mytime- thanks for asking! You're right that feedback & support from these forums really does help. At least for me, it's acting as my NA/AA for the moment at least.

Physically, I'm feeling a lot better. A few days ago I thought I really might die but I see a little more hope now. It's the mental game that's beating me up most now. I'm also gearing up to go back to work, work without my fuzzy crutch for the first time in years. So I'm anxious about that. It will be good for me I think, once I actually go and see that I CAN be good at things without pills. Just kinda scary days ahead as I re enter the world with a new, clean mind.

Another poster suggested I download an app called "clean time" it counts down to the very second how long you've been clean. I really like it. a new kind of countdown for 2015, one that I do not want to reset, ever. Kinda replaces the clock counting I used to do waiting for next dose. You might wanna check it out too, makes me feel good to watch the seconds pass.

Congrats my time on how far you've come. Good luck going back to work too. I hope it helps you feel alive again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadmommy13 View Post
    Mytime- thanks for asking! You're right that feedback & support from these forums really does help. At least for me, it's acting as my NA/AA for the moment at least.

Physically, I'm feeling a lot better. A few days ago I thought I really might die but I see a little more hope now. It's the mental game that's beating me up most now. I'm also gearing up to go back to work, work without my fuzzy crutch for the first time in years. So I'm anxious about that. It will be good for me I think, once I actually go and see that I CAN be good at things without pills. Just kinda scary days ahead as I re enter the world with a new, clean mind.

Another poster suggested I download an app called "clean time" it counts down to the very second how long you've been clean. I really like it. a new kind of countdown for 2015, one that I do not want to reset, ever. Kinda replaces the clock counting I used to do waiting for next dose. You might wanna check it out too, makes me feel good to watch the seconds pass.

Congrats my time on how far you've come. Good luck going back to work too. I hope it helps you feel alive again!
    Thanks so much...today ive been soo tired...and listen to this...ive been stressing about going back to work right?!And the worst thing happened..my x called and wanted to talk...mainly about the kids...but then he says..well I know your feeling bad..why dont u take some of my methadone!!! A bam! Their it was..the devil its self!!! Omg..im telling u I about flipped...I started shaking..crying...but I said NO!! Wow...I still cant believe it!! But I stayed strong...whew...talking about sicking!! Anyway..about to go to work..stressed about it...but ill.give it my best shot

I can only imagine the strength you mustered to say no. Good good good for you. Hopefully work will help get your mind off of the offer. Also, if your ex knows that the reason you're feeling bad is wds, yet still offered them to you, I would remember what that says about caring for YOU, the kids' mom. Im just sayin- if u wanna be clean, and he doesn't support that, it says a lot.

On day 3, I begged& begged my husband to give me anything, something, on those darkest days, when the pills told me I wanted to renig. He took quite a verbal beating from me, all for "not helping me" but he held strong. He took it like a champ, and he continued to tell me NO. He reminded me what my goal was. I'm lucky to have that support, but I (you, we) deserve it also. If you're willing to make this jump, you deserve nothing but positive encouragement! I hope the temptations stay far far away, bc I know it's hard! Good luck mytime ! You should be so proud of yourself for saying NO!!!!!

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Sad mommy. I had to laugh at your post. My husband who is so supportive with no addicting personalities would have never been that strong. He caved in long before me on my own taoer!! He hates seeing me suffer especially when he knows I am in pain..... or maybe it's my awful cleaning skills or the no laundry... Had to laugh. What would we do with out our dh. I am so glad he is so strong for you. It's times like this we appreciate them even more. So happy you have come this far. We will all be out of this mess before we know it.

Last time I was clean I remeber coming home after work and sleeping everyday for weeks...It gets better but you will be tired for a while if you are like me. Wow, I am feeling like >>>> these days also, feels better just shooting the breeze a little though hang in yhere

Sunshine- let me really make you laugh then. Hubs & i signed a contract. He definitely took the brunt of the anger, but he is also reaping the benefits. The contract said if he could keep me from relapse at my lowest, I Would agree to equally letting him help increase my natural endorphins. He is also a person with zero addictive tendencies, all he needs to do us make up his mind to change his behavior, it's more mental strength
    than I can even fathom. But he is getting some reward for his patience. His favorite past time- well tied equally with football- builds endorphins. Im using every source I can get, so He's not suffering too terribly, lol. But honestly, there was a written contract before I went cold turkey.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast