Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 70
Like Tree25Likes
A new beginning!!
  1. #1
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default A new beginning!!

    Hi everyone...im 30 years old and tomorrow will be my last day taking subs!!! Im so nervous and scared...just looking for advice!! But its time!! Thanks to anyone who could help....

  2. #2
    Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    So Calif
    Posts
    2,791

    Default

    Hi there, welcome. How long have you taken Sub? Did you taper down? What mg are you jumping from?

    I finished my Sub taper in August. 4 months clean now. It's the absolute best thing I could have ever done. Living life on opiates is no life at all.

    We're here to help and support!
    Kat
    Randy35 likes this.

  3. #3
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Hey kat..im jumping from 2 mgs...I was on methadone for 10 years!!! Yeah...I know..ugh..then took subs for a month...just soo ready to quit it all.and vegin a new chapter in life!! Im more worried about my mental state...I have to work and I have 3 boys...2 months ago I met and awesome guy but he has never been addicted to anything!! He has no idea what im about to go through...and im worried about my boys and my job!! But I know I can do this!! Just needing to talk

  4. #4
    Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    So Calif
    Posts
    2,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mytime84 View Post
    Hey kat..im jumping from 2 mgs...I was on methadone for 10 years!!! Yeah...I know..ugh..then took subs for a month...just soo ready to quit it all.and vegin a new chapter in life!! Im more worried about my mental state...I have to work and I have 3 boys...2 months ago I met and awesome guy but he has never been addicted to anything!! He has no idea what im about to go through...and im worried about my boys and my job!! But I know I can do this!! Just needing to talk
    Jumping from 2mg is not really a good idea. Have you considered tapering lower? There's a great taper plan here that many of us have used to get off Sub with minimal discomfort. Jumping from 2ng will most likely cause WD symptoms that linger for a few weeks. Ick. Let me know if you're interested in tapering lower and we can help.

    Kat
    alexnt, Randy35 and Lincolnecho like this.

  5. #5
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    I would have loved the chance to but as it stands today..I only have half a strip left...could u tell me about ur detox?? And thanks so much for ur time!!!

  6. #6
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,107

    Default

    Ouch! jumping from 2mg can be done of course, but it's most likely gonna hurt for a while as Kat said. Just be prepared for symptoms to be tolerable the first several days. Once the long half life of the sub begins to leave your body is when the symptoms become quite noticeable. In other words the symptoms won't usually hit for several days then they become more severe. Everyone's different in how severe they are.

    Lots of people have tried to make the jump from a high dose like that, but it seems very few actually make it. Some find they have to get back on the subs and taper lower as Kat mentioned. I had a fairly easy time when I took my final dose. I used the taper plan mentioned.

    I truly hope you make it. Keep posting how you're feeling as it helps others and it helps you too!

    -Randy
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

  7. #7
    Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    So Calif
    Posts
    2,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mytime84 View Post
    I would have loved the chance to but as it stands today..I only have half a strip left...could u tell me about ur detox?? And thanks so much for ur time!!!
    Ok, well give it a go. If symptoms become unbearable, you should definitely consider getting more Sub so you can use the taper plan here. You won't be sorry if you do.

    Kat
    Randy35 likes this.

  8. #8
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Thsnks so much randy..that was really nice of u...in my situation I have no choice but I could definitely use a friend..especially someone who may know about!! And if no one minds ..I will keep posting...thanms again!! Stacey

  9. #9
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Sorry for the spelling mistakes...lol...im currently at work...

  10. #10
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Well todays the day!!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

  11. #11
    Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    So Calif
    Posts
    2,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mytime84 View Post
    Well todays the day!!
    Good luck! Remember that symptoms will crop up and you'll have to deal with them however best you can (OTC meds, hot baths, exercise, sleep aids, lots of water, etc). It may not be easy but I promise it'll be worth it!!

    Kat

  12. #12
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Thanks kat...as of right now im just trying to stay out of my head! My anxiety is pretty high...thanks for the support!!

  13. #13
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Today is day 2...I slept last night...very happy for that! Body aches..legs are cramping...just feel really tired...a little shaking...but what ive read..the worst symptoms are right around the corner...so...here I go...

  14. #14
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    And can someone say ahain what vitamins they took during this period..

  15. #15
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Day 2... 2:20 in the afternoon...stomach is kinda queasy...so thankful for the support I have!! I've been leaning pretty hard on my dad and boyfriend..I also requested a week.of work...can anyone tell me if they think I could return to work after a week?? And im still wondering what types of vitamins u should purchase...not trying to annoy anyone..just trying to beat this thing...thanks again!!

  16. #16
    Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    So Calif
    Posts
    2,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mytime84 View Post
    Day 2... 2:20 in the afternoon...stomach is kinda queasy...so thankful for the support I have!! I've been leaning pretty hard on my dad and boyfriend..I also requested a week.of work...can anyone tell me if they think I could return to work after a week?? And im still wondering what types of vitamins u should purchase...not trying to annoy anyone..just trying to beat this thing...thanks again!!
    Don't worry, you're not annoying anyone! Sorry I missed your post.

    Here's the vitamins I took/still take:

    A good multivitamin/mineral
    Balanced B-100 Complex
    Extra potassium, zinc, and magnesium
    L-Tyrosine w/B6 (for energy)
    Fish Oil
    Melatonin 5mg (for sleep)
    L-Theanine or Serene Theanine (for anxiety)

    Hang in there. It's hard to say how you'll feel one week from now, but I think you'll be ok to work. Sometimes working is best so we're not home fixating on the symptoms.

    Kat
    davepeerson likes this.

  17. #17
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Don't worry, you're not annoying anyone! Sorry I missed your post.

    Here's the vitamins I took/still take:

    A good multivitamin/mineral
    Balanced B-100 Complex
    Extra potassium, zinc, and magnesium
    L-Tyrosine w/B6 (for energy)
    Fish Oil
    Melatonin 5mg (for sleep)
    L-Theanine or Serene Theanine (for anxiety)

    Hang in there. It's hard to say how you'll feel one week from now, but I think you'll be ok to work. Sometimes working is best so we're not home fixating on the symptoms.

    Kat
    Thanks kat!! I truly appreciate it!!

  18. #18
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    Congratulations!

    You will be ok..
    If anyone could do it you sound determined..
    I am taking the exact vitamins as Kat..
    She is one of my mentors.
    Today is my day at 0.75mg from 24 mg 6 months ago..
    Please keep yourself hydrated ..
    So much more important than we realize..
    I take the gummie multi vitamin because I don't eat before I go to work ..
    I start at 0700 and eat at 1000.

    Kat took the vita melts..
    That's how I came up with it..
    You can just eat them and go..

    Have you tried the Hylands restless leg OTC .
    I have seen many people on here that say it works great for cramping and RLS..
    Just keep moving
    Laughing
    Sex
    Eating hot peppers
    Exercise
    Sounds simple but our brain have all but stopped making our own natural endorphins..( feel good chemicals that our brains make)
    They produce in our brain to naturally soothe our pain and to feel good..
    Being proud of this will help too..
    This is not my first time detoxing but it is my last so I did a lot of research..
    Anything to get your natural endorphins going again. Is the bottom line..

    I will check back later..
    You are making the Best decision in your life..
    Soon the world will be yours for the living..

    Take care
    Iluv2

    This is very much mental!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-29-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    davepeerson and Iwantoff2013 like this.

  19. #19
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    Congratulations!

    You will be ok..
    If anyone could do it you sound determined..
    I am taking the exact vitamins as Kat..
    She is one of my mentors.
    Today is my day at 0.75mg from 24 mg 6 months ago..
    Please keep yourself hydrated ..
    So much more important than we realize..
    I take the gummie multi vitamin because I don't eat before I go to work ..
    I start at 0700 and eat at 1000.

    Kat took the vita melts..
    That's how I came up with it..
    You can just eat them and go..

    Have you tried the Hylands restless leg OTC .
    I have seen many people on here that say it works great for cramping and RLS..
    Just keep moving
    Laughing
    Sex
    Eating hot peppers
    Exercise
    Sounds simple but our brain have all but stopped making our own natural endorphins..( feel good chemicals that our brains make)
    They produce in our brain to naturally soothe our pain and to feel good..
    Being proud of this will help too..
    This is not my first time detoxing but it is my last so I did a lot of research..
    Anything to get your natural endorphins going again. Is the bottom line..

    I will check back later..
    You are making the Best decision in your life..
    Soon the world will be yours for the living..

    Take care
    Iluv2

    This is very much mental!!!
    Wow!! Thanks so much for the positive feedback!! Today is day 3! And im wide awake at 6:00 ...which is highly untipical because I usually work nights..feeling very sick on my stomach..had very bad restless legs..my body aches and I just feel like I want to strech all the time..going to the rest room quite often and shaking very much but I know this is much mental but im trying to stay positive..thanks for all the support!!

  20. #20
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    My
    Just a little note.
    People on here say that liquid Imodium helps not only with the bathroom issues but will the other withdrawals too.
    It is an opiate but does not cross the blood brain barrier so no high..
    But it does attach to other receptors that are involved in withdrawals.
    Valarian root is good for anxiety..
    I use that and 25 mg of benedryl to sleep at night..
    I hope you get some relief and keep doing what you are doing..
    It worked yesterday so it can work again today..
    I will check back later.
    Iluv2

  21. #21
    budster is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mytime84 View Post
    Wow!! Thanks so much for the positive feedback!! Today is day 3! And im wide awake at 6:00 ...which is highly untipical because I usually work nights..feeling very sick on my stomach..had very bad restless legs..my body aches and I just feel like I want to strech all the time..going to the rest room quite often and shaking very much but I know this is much mental but im trying to stay positive..thanks for all the support!!
    I know someone mentioned jumping from 2mgs is a lot and it is. I would suggest you find a few more 8mg strips/pills and taper farther down now. I am not trying to sabotage your clean time already nor do I think you can't make it like you have been. The trouble with Subs and jumping from more than .5 or .25 is that the withdrawals last a long time, weeks and even into a month. This is were people cave in, 4-5 days is bad but after 15 days and you still feel >>>>>> it is easy to relapse. The object is success and not to see who finishes first. For that reason I think if you spent just a few more weeks tapering down you increase your chances of success. Another thing to do is once you get down to .25mg and spend a few days there than skip a day. Then dose .25 and skip two days, dose .25 skip 3 days then .25 and jump. The idea is to get the amount of Sub in your system as low as possible before you jump. Actually when you jumped at 2mg you actually had more than that in your system because of the half life. Not perfect but look at 36 half life at 2 mg and dose once a day. After 4 days of 2 mg once a day on the 5th day before you dose again you would have 3.2mg in your system to start so on taking that 5th day dose you would have 5.2mg in your system. You did not jump from 2 mg. And you will not get slammed until about day 4 or 5 then it can last weeks with mild reduction of symptoms each day.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-30-2014 at 08:22 PM.

  22. #22
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    I totally get what your saying but I just didnt have the option to get anymore...I received my last script in the beginning of December..which was 2 8 mlgs strips per day...I was told then that I was losing my insurance!! I talked with my father about it whi has seen me be addicted for ten years! I currently live in his home and he was adiment that I get clean!! No of course he would never understand what im going through but its like ...geez im ready too!! Its new years eve and I so ready for the rest of my life...this morning has been rough...its day four and I feel a lil on the crazy side!! My eyes seem to be jumping around..kinda freaking me out! But I will tell u this...my gmaw is prescribed norotten ...not sure if im spelling that right...but has been giving me two a day...its seems as though..this has been keeping me somewhat a float..but by the end of the night..I feel absolutely drained and delirious!! But...I will say tgat im sleeping at night...which has to be a wonderful thing!! Yes..I know that maybe I shouldn't take the norotton but ive read its was good for withdrawal and I can tell u that it doesn't give u any type of buzz which for me..will not be addicting..and my gmaw will not continue to give them to me...only through day six. I hope no one looks down on my situation..I have 3 sons and im a single parent..and this is how ive been trying to pull through...yes...in day 4 I feel awful!! The worst yet..but ive got to do this thing!!! Im trying to stay positive and I truly appreciate the feedback!!

  23. #23
    rennie86 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    272

    Default

    You sound incredibly positive and determined! I hope you're hanging in there! It sounds like you've got quite the journey ahead of you but you can do this. You are right, it is New Years Eve and what better a time to get this done...!? I don't look down on you for taking Neurontin. I used to get it from my doctor and it does help! It is not addicting and there is no high or buzz. If it helps, it helps! Let us know how today is going. I hope all is well!

    -Renee
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

  24. #24
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Oh my gosh!! Renee...you just made my day!! This morning..im just sitting up by myself...shaking as we speak..just kinda in my head and im worried about tonight! Ny new boy friend of almost three months..wants me to have dinner with him AND his parents..and not to offend anyone but there more on the upper class type ppl..just concerned about my condition and if I say no...they would truly be offended! But anyway..blah blah..just whats in my head at the moment...but thanks sooo much for the positive feedback!!! It truly helps!!

  25. #25
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,016

    Default

    mytime: Good advice here!!! You may want to check out davepeerson's thread in need to talk. I believe he jumped from 2mg. as well. About tonight, if you get too stressed or are sick, just say you feel like you have the flu. You are doing well and you so have the right attitude. Hang Tough!!!

    Peace,

    Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

  26. #26
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Thanks so much!! Can u tell.me how to find his thread...im pretty new here...

  27. #27
    Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    So Calif
    Posts
    2,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mytime84 View Post
    Thanks so much!! Can u tell.me how to find his thread...im pretty new here...
    Hey there. The thread that Rose mentioned is on the Need To Talk board. Go towards the top left of this page and click on "General Discussion Boards". That will take you to a list of all the different boards. Click on "Need To Talk". His thread is called "Took last piece of Sub, 1 day of Vic, then done". He's a great guy check it out!

    Talk soon...
    Kat

  28. #28
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Thanks again!! Just cook for my sons...and walked to the tanning bed which is not far...whew!! But u guys were right...just keep moving!! So hard..but so helpful!!!!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

  29. #29
    Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Mytime. Good to see you are doing well. Keep up the excercise. Dave posted that for me and I took it to heart and although I am crazy sore from working my muscles it has been a life saver. Having dinner if you are up to it will help anything to keep your mind off things. Good luck.

  30. #30
    mytime84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Thanks so much!! And yes im feeling better...sore..my ears are on fire and im having hot flashes like crazy..but im going to dinner..let u know if I shut down but hopefully not!!! Thanks for all.the positive words guys!! Truly needed!!!!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The beginning
    By UnwantedLegacy in forum Prescription Drug Addiction
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-15-2016, 01:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22