Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes
New to Suboxone-Want help ASAP
    Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

There's a couple videos on YouTube about how to cut sub strips. Just search "cutting Suboxone strips" and you should find it. Don't know if you know this already but wanted to let you know.

Have you spoke with your primary care doc about the constipation issue? Once a week is pretty crazy! Maybe there's something else going on. Best to check it out.

Kat
    Kerr3434 likes this.

Sharks fan is offline Advanced Member

Kerr
    It's a little tricky but you can eyeball a 1mg piece, then just cut that in half and you have .5.

Have you tried milk of magnesia? I've been like you're describing, I was miserable. MoM did the trick and it wasn't as..uh...messy...as a laxative. There's also a tea called Smooth Move you could try..yes it's called Smooth Move.

The general rule of thumb with a taper is slow is better and it's ok if you drop less than 25% but more than 25% will likely catch up with you at some point. Better to go slow and fight with cutting the strips than make yourself miserable. If you stick to the schedule you really shouldn't be uncomfortable, if you go too fast you're running the risk of having to struggle throughout your taper.

Good luck with your issue, I hope you get things moving again

Kerr3434 is offline Junior Member

Just cut my strips and labeled the packages. I also took that .5 extra

I trust your advice and def don't want to mess this taper up. I am very susceptible to wd's so I'll do whatever I need to do to make it easier. I'll take 2mgs in the am and 2.5mgs in the pm for the next 4 days and see how that goes.

Thanks for the knowledge and support!
    Ken2727 likes this.

IwillWin13 is offline Member

I just keep folding them in half, can even get the .5 in half after that its eyeball lol.

Yeah, I've been folding them also. So what do I do on my next drop? It starts to get tricky now...technically .25% would put me on 3.375mgs per day...can I just round that to 4? Then the following drop would be 3...and so on...

No, round the next drop to 3.5 mg. 4 is too high of a round up. Glad you took that .5 mg ..it will make you feel better and stabilize with ease.

You're doing so well! Keep it up.
    Kat

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Glad to see you and Kath got a laugh at my dynamite joke. Like Kath said your next drop when you make it if you round it go to 3.5. After that dont even worry about that for now. Just stay focused on your current dose get stable on it then you can move on.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Kerr
    I made an excel spreadsheet with each drop. If you're comfortable with excel you can plug in formulas and have it reduce by 25%. I had to break out 25% & 20% so I could decide what was easier to cut up. Just don't drop more than 25%, it's ok to go a little less. Just listen to your body and like Alex says, don't think abut the next drop right now. Just get through the next few days.
    alexnt likes this.

Today was day 4 of my recent drop. I did 2 mgs in the am and 2.5 mgs at night. No side effects. I feel great, although a bit tired. I am going to start my next drop tomorrow. Suggestions? I'm thinking 1.5 am and 2 pm?

Really glad to hear you're feeling well!

Yes, splitting your next dose the way you suggested is fine. Hope your next drop is smooth too.

Take care.
    Kat

Kerr as long as your doing both am and pm doses at near the same time each day then splitting them like you mention should be fine. Maybe you should try to take equal doses but since you were good at the current dose with a bit more with the pm dose then >> say do it. Not to bring up an unpleasant thing but has your bathroom issue cleared up some for you. Hope it has and hope you have a nice weekend.

Alex

I went finally! Haha! It was quite the opposite of unpleasant Unfortunately, I haven't gone again since. I'm still taking the supplements, and still plan to do a cleanse tomorrow. I feel as though I am becoming too tired late in the day which is why I was taking the slightly larger dose in the evening, but even doses is an option...what do you suggest?

Kerr whatever you feel works best for you is what I would go with for now. Myself I did my entire 4 month taper by just taking a single dose a day around noon. At some point you will need to go to a single dose a day but that's once you get under 1 mg a day. If your getting tired in the evening maybe you might be better off taking a bit more in the am opposed to the pm. Your doing good with your taper you are ready to drop to 3.5 and have only been on subs for 3 1/2 weeks. I think at this point I was at 9 mg so you are way ahead of where I was after 3 1/2 weeks. Talk with you later

Alex

Lincolnecho is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kerr3434 View Post
    I went finally! Haha! It was quite the opposite of unpleasant Unfortunately, I haven't gone again since. I'm still taking the supplements, and still plan to do a cleanse tomorrow. I feel as though I am becoming too tired late in the day which is why I was taking the slightly larger dose in the evening, but even doses is an option...what do you suggest?
    Not giving advice, just sharing my experience. My induction was complete at 2mg. I have followed the taper and dropped after four days to 1.5, 1.25 (as close as I could get) and I'm on day two at 1mg. It was suggested I try one dose in the morning as my job prevents me from getting away at the same time everyday to dose in the middle of the day.

I dose once a day at 6:00am and get tired at about 9:00pm. I personally like it because I'm sleeping good. Get up a couple times but, fall back asleep quickly.

I haven't slept this good I a long time.

Good luck,

Lincoln

Thanks Lincoln! I wish I started to get tired at 9:00pm. When I say I get tired, I mean that I'm barely keeping my eyes open by 6:00pm
    Even before the drugs and subs I was a tired person, so it's especially rough for me. It is nice to go to bed early though. I have been taking a quick 30 minute nap after work which gets me to anywhere from 8-10 most nights, which is much better than falling asleep at 6, haha.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-23-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Ken2727 is offline Senior Member

Hello Kerr .

Wanted to drop in and give you a super good luck wish . Trust this process and the people posting here . They are great and you are in good hands here with this group .

Be well
    Kerr3434 likes this.

Lincoln

have you had your thyroid checked? Could be something else going on? About mid way through my taper I tried to donate blood and found out I was anemic so I started taking an iron supplement. Before I added the supplement I had to take a nap every evening when I got home from work. I would then get up and make dinner and STILL go to bed at 9:30-10 and sleep really well. When we're on drugs we tend to overlook things like taking care of ourselves.

I hope you are still feeling well at 1mg. Don't worry about the next drops until you are there. I think you'll be fine. If you need inspiration check out Alex's thread.

Lincoln, I have had my thyroid checked a few times actually, but my doc thinks it's just a blend of depression and I have Epstein Barr, so it's really just chronic fatigue.

I'm doing well on this drop and all along the way except for the tiredness. I am really worried bc I have a few functions coming up, including a night out in NYC...how am I going to make it til 2 am?! LOL

I go to my weekly appt tomorrow and am going to shoot for the 2mg strips; it's time. My next drop is Wednesday. Technically a 25% drop would put me at 2.63mgs per day, so I'm thinking 2.5 will be good and to stick with my routine, I'll take 1mg in the morning and 1.5mg at night. Sound good?

Kerr your next drop dose put you right between 2.5 and 2.75 and I might go with 2.75 and heres why. From 2.75 you could go to 2 mg and that would be a drop of just 27%. Of course you can go to 2.5 and drop 20% to 2 from there. I just always rounded to the higher numbers myself. You might be fine at this high of a dose of dropping a little more then 25% anyway. Good luck at your Dr visit tomorrow and I hope you have thought out how your going to ask for 2 mg strips. Just don't upset your Dr in anyway about how your weaning off especially if hes not aware of it. Talk to you later

Alex
    Lincolnecho likes this.

Got the 2mg strips y'all! It was super easy. I got lucky and saw the "girl" doctor; met her last week for the first time and she was much more understanding about my taper plan than my usual guy. I was in and out of her office in under 4 minutes...which is also sad in my opinion. Cutting the 2 mg strips will be much easier, although I now have a ton of unused 8mg strips...

After next week, I won't even need to go back; I'll have enough strips to taper until the end. My only fear is that I continue the taper and for some reason it doesn't work and I can't go back. Once you've skipped, you can't just go back...you lose your place in the sub program. They'd probably let me back in, but for the full sign in fee again.

Tomorrow is my final day on the current dose Are you all sure 4 days is long enough before dropping each time? At first, I wanted to be as quick as possible, now I just want to make sure the end is smooth.

Kerr the 4 days is not set in stone. Most people who do a fairly quick taper find that 4 days work well for them though. You should always make sure you sure your stable at your current dose before ever dropping to a lower dose. If for some reason you need extra time at a dose then its fine not to drop. Just listen to your body and if you feel fine physically then its ok to drop. But don't ever drop before your sure you are stable at a dose. Its not a race to the finish line its getting to the finish line. Sometimes when tapering we run into what I like to call little roadblocks and it happens to almost all of us. Like I said if you feel at some point during your taper after 4 days your not sure if your ready then by all means give it an extra day if needed. Talk with you later and congrats on being able to get the 2 mg strips. Will make it so much easier for you now to be able to cut your doses that much more accurate. As for you mentioning about fear in case the taper doesn't work. Nonsense theres no reason in the world why it shouldn't work for you. Get that negative thinking out of your head my friend. Everyone ive ever followed for the past year has been able to use the taper plan here,

Alex

Thank you for the thoughtful advice! I have not been unstable yet, so the 4 days has worked well. I have a nasty head cold right now so I'm not feeling well at all, but it def not opiate effects. I'm thinking of dropping to 3 mgs for a couple days then to the 2.5 I had planned...just to be safe bc I have a bad cold and feel under the weather. What do you think about that? It can't hurt, right? (I've been at 3.5 for 4 days)

Thank you for the thoughtful advice! I have not been unstable yet, so the 4 days has worked well. I have a nasty head cold right now so I'm not feeling well at all, but it def not opiate effects. I'm thinking of dropping to 3 mgs for a couple days then to the 2.5 I had planned...just to be safe bc I have a bad cold and feel under the weather. What do you think about that? It can't hurt, right? (I've been at 3.5 for 4 days)
    Might be a good idea to reduce just to 3 mg for a couple of days then just go down to 2.5 since you a bit under the weather. Don't see how it could hurt you at all. I never think one should drop if not feeling well even if its non opiate related. Hope your head cold clears up soon.

Alex
    Kerr3434 likes this.

Just cut my strips and labeled the packages. I also took that .5 extra

I trust your advice and def don't want to mess this taper up. I am very susceptible to wd's so I'll do whatever I need to do to make it easier. I'll take 2mgs in the am and 2.5mgs in the pm for the next 4 days and see how that goes.

Thanks for the knowledge and support!
    This same advice was given to me. My induction was on November 10 at 2mg I have followed the 4 days-drop 25% taper and today is day 18 and I dropped to .75mg. Other than two minor mid day headaches that lasted an hour or two and one 5 day cycle at 1mg (because I didn't cut the pieces in advance), the taper has been everything I had hoped for.

If we follow directions, The taper plan really works!

Good luck Kerri, If I can do it most anyone can.

Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Sharks fan View Post
    Lincoln

have you had your thyroid checked? Could be something else going on? About mid way through my taper I tried to donate blood and found out I was anemic so I started taking an iron supplement. Before I added the supplement I had to take a nap every evening when I got home from work. I would then get up and make dinner and STILL go to bed at 9:30-10 and sleep really well. When we're on drugs we tend to overlook things like taking care of ourselves.

I hope you are still feeling well at 1mg. Don't worry about the next drops until you are there. I think you'll be fine. If you need inspiration check out Alex's thread.
    Just got my physical exam report yesterday. Low vitamin D and cholesterol is at 201. The chart said over 200 is bad. I looked at mayo clinic web site and both the good and bad numbers are in the normal range. Need to ask doc about the 201.

I don't think they check the thyroid. I'll ask about it when we do our face to face follow up in December.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Kerr the 4 days is not set in stone. Most people who do a fairly quick taper find that 4 days work well for them though. You should always make sure you sure your stable at your current dose before ever dropping to a lower dose. If for some reason you need extra time at a dose then its fine not to drop. Just listen to your body and if you feel fine physically then its ok to drop. But don't ever drop before your sure you are stable at a dose. Its not a race to the finish line its getting to the finish line. Sometimes when tapering we run into what I like to call little roadblocks and it happens to almost all of us. Like I said if you feel at some point during your taper after 4 days your not sure if your ready then by all means give it an extra day if needed. Talk with you later and congrats on being able to get the 2 mg strips. Will make it so much easier for you now to be able to cut your doses that much more accurate. As for you mentioning about fear in case the taper doesn't work. Nonsense theres no reason in the world why it shouldn't work for you. Get that negative thinking out of your head my friend. Everyone ive ever followed for the past year has been able to use the taper plan here,

Alex
    Very good advice for all of us still tapering.

Thanks Alex, for taking time to guide us.
    Kerr3434 likes this.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! So I just sat down, looked at my taper calendar and did some math. It looks like I have more than enough subs left on me to complete my taper plan, which would mean I don't even need to go back to the sub clinic this week!!! This scares me. As I stated earlier, if for some reason it doesn't work, I'm screwed bc once I skip, I lose my spot. I could've messed up the math too (but don't think I did). If I am right, I'd rather not go back to that awful place full of people who want to push subs on me. And it will save me some serious money, as well as the fact that I won't have a stack of unused subs once this is all over.

Any pros out there have advice for me? I could email my taper calendar and math calculations if anyone's interested in checking out my line of thinking and helping to save me from further visits to that clinic...?

Kerr,

Like Alex said, you don't have to worry about the taper not working. As long as you continue to drop when stable, you will be able to jump off subs with very little discomfort. I totally understand your concerns, as I had the same thought a few times myself.

How much extra sub do you have?

Go ahead and post your taper schedule, how much sub you have now, and we'll make sure it's enough. Maybe that will make you feel better, especially if you have some to spare at the end.

Kat

Of course...it won't let me copy and paste my taper calendar! According to my taper plan and math calculations, I have just over a total of 40mgs I need to complete. I still have six 8mg strips and twelve 2mg strips left (which should be more than enough).
    If I am correct and I do not need to go back to the doc, what do I do or say? Should I call them and lie...say I have no money to come? Should I do nothing? I'm afraid they will call me or tell on me in some way, bill my insurance for a missed appt...who knows! They are dirty though and I am frightened, so I'd rather call with an excuse and cover myself. As usual, all support is highly appreciated!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-29-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Of course...it won't let me copy and paste my taper calendar! According to my taper plan and math calculations, I have just over a total of 40mgs I need to complete. I still have six 8mg strips and twelve 2mg strips left (which should be more than enough).
    If I am correct and I do not need to go back to the doc, what do I do or say? Should I call them and lie...say I have no money to come? Should I do nothing? I'm afraid they will call me or tell on me in some way, bill my insurance for a missed appt...who knows! They are dirty though and I am frightened, so I'd rather call with an excuse and cover myself. As usual, all support is highly appreciated!!!
    Kerr I just wrote my counselor a letter and told them I no loner needed there services and to give my spot to someone on the waiting list. Just call them and tell them your done if you want. They cant tell on you in any way and if you cancel befor your next appointment they cant bill your insurance company. Good job on your taper.

Alex
    Kerr3434 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast