Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree58Likes
New to Suboxone-Want help ASAP
    Kerr3434 is offline Junior Member

A few recent posts to this thread have disappeared, do you guys know why that would happen? Iwantoff posted something, which I replied to; both are gone.

My last post also says "edited by ddcmod"...what the heck is that all about?!

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Kerr I don't know why but every once in a while post disappear for some reason. Just keep on posting and I hope your doing well.

Alex

OK, that is certainly strange, but at least I know it's not just my thread. Thanks Alex.

Tomorrow I am making the call to cancel. I am certain the leader over there will not be pleased, not looking forward to his reaction, but Kat gave some great suggestions so I am prepared. I'll check in again later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerr3434 View Post
    OK, that is certainly strange, but at least I know it's not just my thread. Thanks Alex.

Tomorrow I am making the call to cancel. I am certain the leader over there will not be pleased, not looking forward to his reaction, but Kat gave some great suggestions so I am prepared. I'll check in again later.
    Kerr so you did the math and figured you have more then enough to finish your taper without seeing your Dr again it looks like. That's great that you don't have to go back for another visit. I don't know the situation with your sub Dr but since 100 is the most patients a Dr can have and lots of them have people on a waiting list then you will just be replaced by another patient. most of them charge extra for the first visit so I would not think they should be upset at all. And even if they are to bad is the way I look at it. Plus if there is indeed a waiting list then you are helping out someone who is wanting in. Talk with you later and my best wishes to you.

Alex

Good day yesterday! Got my 30 day tag at NA That felt great! Talked to the clinic and told them I took a temp job wayyyy out of state; they wished me luck.

Today is a new drop day; down to only 2mgs per day. one in the am and one in the pm. Feeling good, still very tired and lack my old energy or the energy I had when on higher doses of the subs, but the other side effects have dissipated so that;s good. Here's a question...how do you all do and feel once off the subs? My greatest fear is that the craving are going to come back full force and I don't ever want to slip up.

I am really appreciating the support here. I hope to inform others who are stuck in the sub spiral to come here!
    alexnt and Lincolnecho like this.

Kerr good to see that your down to 2 mg a day now and besides the lack of energy the other side effects are a thing in the past. Glad to read that as it looks like dynamite will not be required lol. you said you got your 30 day tag at NA so I would keep attending meetings as much as you can as that will be helpful to you as for dealing with cravings if they do return once your off subs. My taper ended up lasting 4 months and I didn't go thru cravings coming back full force. I would get thoughts toward the very end of my taper and right after I jumped and still do every now and then about using. They weren't actual cravings but more thoughts about how nice just a couple of pills would be or I can use just one last time or even the more insane thought of using just on special occasions. I have so far been able to think things out and face the reality that 1 pill would eventually turn into a disaster. Special occasions like my birthday new years eve 4th of july. You know just every now and then. What a joke that is to think I could do that. It would turn into any day that ends in y real quick. For now Kerr just concentrate on your taper and how well its going for you and do what you have been doing staying clean one day at a time. Talk with you later

Alex
    Lincolnecho and Kerr3434 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Kerr good to see that your down to 2 mg a day now and besides the lack of energy the other side effects are a thing in the past. Glad to read that as it looks like dynamite will not be required lol. you said you got your 30 day tag at NA so I would keep attending meetings as much as you can as that will be helpful to you as for dealing with cravings if they do return once your off subs. My taper ended up lasting 4 months and I didn't go thru cravings coming back full force. I would get thoughts toward the very end of my taper and right after I jumped and still do every now and then about using. They weren't actual cravings but more thoughts about how nice just a couple of pills would be or I can use just one last time or even the more insane thought of using just on special occasions. I have so far been able to think things out and face the reality that 1 pill would eventually turn into a disaster. Special occasions like my birthday new years eve 4th of july. You know just every now and then. What a joke that is to think I could do that. It would turn into any day that ends in y real quick. For now Kerr just concentrate on your taper and how well its going for you and do what you have been doing staying clean one day at a time. Talk with you later

Alex
    Alex, you are hilarious! You have also been so helpful, you cannot even know. Everything you said is spot on! Those are the exact thoughts I have running through my head...just holidays, just once a month, etc. Right you are again that ONE time would turn into everyday that ends with a y! It's hardest when it rains...I loved being high, staying in, and listening to the rain in comfy clothes when it rained. New year's eve will be tough too I suspect bc I still keep telling myself that "holiday" excuse. I appreciate your comments and look forward to more for sure! Especially when I am first off the subs.

Kerr was wondering how your taper is going? Hope all is going well and holler back if you get a chance

Alex

Thanks for checking in Alex! I'm doing well, but fairly tired. That motivation I had to work late, hit the gym, and be super productive is gone Any suggestions?

Tomorrow is a new drop...I'm going from 1.5 per day to 1.25 per day! Still dosing twice a day, but once I get down to .75 per day I'm going to start dosing only once per day; that will be on the 21st if my plan goes as planned. Really dreading the end game. If I'm this tired now, I'm afraid to see what I'm like after the subs!

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi! You're doing really well. I totally understand the fatigue. Unfortunately, it's a very common symptom of the taper. Have you tried taking L-Tyrosine with B6? It helps with energy and is also supposed to help mood support. I take it every day -- up to 2000 mg. You have to take B6 with it or it won't be effective. How's your sleep lately?

Kat

Kerr hope your drop to 1.25 is going well and the stuff Kath mentioned for energy is something I took during my taper. Might be when you posted that you were just going thru a bit of a rut as we can run into those during our taper and sometimes snap out them. Best wishes to you and will talk to you later.

Alex

Kerr its been about a week since you posted. If you get a chance let us know how the taper is going and how you are feeling now. Talk with you later

Alex

It's getting tough. Mornings are rough, I wake up with a hangover feeling every day that lasts for about 45 minutes. I have stuck it out an extra dew days on the 1mg per day and have not experienced any other side effects, except the constipation...yep, that's still there but not as bad. I'm going down to .75mgs starting tomorrow. I definitely foresee this taper going slower than planned which is okay, as I have enough subs left to take it slow. I am just so scared that it's going to get worse. I always had a very up and down sort of bipolar behavior...love my sleep! It's never been as difficult to get up for work though. I have a week off in mid February. If worse comes to worse, I can do .25mgs every other day until then and plan my complete stop for a week that I don't have to work. I am going to look into the supplements tomorrow.

Did anyone else experience this towards the end? If so, how long, what helped, etc?

Kerr lack of energy is quite common when doing a sub taper. I had it some but mine was more lack of motivation it seemed. Once I got to moving around I was okay most of the time but it was getting started that was my problem. You mentioned you are going to look into the supplements tomorrow. Have you not been taking any supplements during your taper? If you have not that could be part of the problem. I started the supplements way before I got near the end of my taper. If you haven't started yet Kerr you should start as soon as possible. This is what I took while tapering and did for awhile after jumping. 1 complete multivitamin/multimineral supplement. 1 Balanced B-100 complex. For energy L-Tyrosine 500mg with b6 in it. You need the b6 in it to work. Best to take it on a empty stomach and I took 1 or 2 of them a day. Some take up to 4 a day but it causes some people to get a little jittery so try it and see how it works for you. I also took a couple potassium pills every day also and I tried to make myself get exercise even when I didn't feel like it. You mentioned you see the taper going a little slower then you planned and that is fine Kerr. While a lot of people drop on a 4 day schedule I did most of my drops after 6 days even though I would feel fine after 4 days. Just got it in my head to do 6 days instead of 4 and it turned out working well for me. Hope that you get started on the supplements and hope that it helps you out with the energy. Best wishes and a Merry Christmas to you.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Hi Alex and all, I have been taking an adult complete multivitamin most of the time. Yesterday, I went to the pharmacy and Walmart and no one had heard of the tyrosine. I explained my symptoms and the pharmacist suggested a complete B vitamin supplement as all the B family support energy. So I am going to add the B to my daily multi. I also bought some fiber chewables and mirilax power to get me back on track again. If you think the tyrosine is super important, I will find another way to find it, perhaps a nutrition store?

Like you said, once I get going I'm ok, but getting going is near impossible for 30-45 minutes after waking up. It feels like the worst hangover ever. I am off this week for the holidays and I slept for 11 hours last night!!! Yet, I still feel like >>>>. While working, I sleep from about 11pm-6am, which I still wake up tired so it's not so much the amount of sleep, but simply the waking up that is a problem.

On a positive note, I'm on day two of .75mgs and the only side effects are a stuffy nose similar to when I'd come of the percocets.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hi, Kerr, as far as the L-tyrosine is concerned, no, you don't need it, but it certainly helps. I got mine at a health food store. I've seen it at walgreens as well. The B complex helps, but the L-T def. helps. I found something called Boost, which contains different natural substances and has L-T as well. The L-T does help more than just the B vits.

And like Alex says: exercise and drink water. The exercise is priceless for improving energy, even if it's a short walk every day. Glad to see you down to .75mg.!!!

Peace,

Iloerose

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123