Opinion about subutex wd
    FilSantos is offline New Member

Default Opinion about subutex wd

Hi,
    After 5 years clean of H i relapsed for about one month (half a gram a day). Then i toke subutex for 2 weeks, but didn't made the taper down. I've taken 1mg a day (average). Today i'm at the first day without taking it, do you think that my wd will be strong and long? What's your opinion?

HI, i would really like a feed-back on this, please

auburn girl is offline Member

Hey. Sometimes I don't post on threads bc I'm not sure I can be of any help, and don't want to give any wrong info. I know 1mg is a high dose to be jumping off of. But it's hard to say how bad and how long it will last bc you've only been taking it for 2 weeks. You probably won't feel anything for a few days bc of the long half life of the subutex. My opinion is it may not be to bad since you only took it for 2 weeks. But I could be wrong. I'm sorry I'm not much help at all.

Thank you for your response... i'm making the prejudice to myself worst, just because of the anxiety and fear of wd... i should have stopped taking subutex after a week, but the fear of wd made me had very bad choices, and i'm turning what it could be a small relapse (small or not, i was going to try and get some therapy, no relapse is too small and should be ignored) into a big problem... i'm sick of taking this and fearing its wd.. i already got hold of tramadol (it made me wonders in the past) but i've only used it against >>>>>> wd, 7 days using tramadol and at the 8th day i stoped and always felt no wd (i already know that tramadol for some people doesn't work as well, but for me 100% fine), but i never used it for subutex wd... i'm disappointed, afraid and confused...

auburn girl is offline Member

We all know that fear. All to well. That fear kept me on suboxone for years and years and years. I don't know anything about tramadol. I've never taken it. If you're really scared, is there anyway you can get more sub and taper off of that? Hopefully someone else will come around that can give you better advise than me. I'm still kinda new to all of this. I don't *think* taking subutex everyday for 2 weeks is long enough to become addicted to it, but you have that one month of H use behind that. So I don't know what to tell ya. If anything I'm here to chat and support. :-)

The good news is that you are putting a stop to this relapse before it gets any worse. So congrats on that.

Thank you for your kind words and support oh, but my bad... i took it for 3 weeks, but not every day, during 25 days i took it 17 times (1mg average). Sorry, my mind is a bit confused today and i was trying to resume it to 17 days/2 weeks, but it's very different i know... In that time, the most without subutex was 4 days... BUt i've taken H twice during that (no wd)... I'm so sad with myself, but i have good friend and a special one, that are motivating me.. i'm trying to not let my family know, because i don't want to made them suffer once more... you all (the ones with H problems) know this kind of feeling, i guess...

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FilSantos View Post
    Hi,
    After 5 years clean of H i relapsed for about one month (half a gram a day). Then i toke subutex for 2 weeks, but didn't made the taper down. I've taken 1mg a day (average). Today i'm at the first day without taking it, do you think that my wd will be strong and long? What's your opinion?
    Hi FilSantos I wish I could tell you how you are going to feel but like Auburn posted since you only used it for a short period you might not feel that bad but its hard to say. I have to agree with her that with the long half life you should not feel anything for a couple of days but after that its hard to say. If you are able to obtain say another 8 mg strip of suboxone or 8 mg pill of subtext you might want to do that just in case you have uncomfortable WD. Maybe the Thomas Recipie would do the trick for you if you do feel some WD. If a person metabolizes subs with around a 36 half life after around 10 to 12 days of using the same amount every day straight you end up having around 2.7 times the amount of subs you are taking. In your case that would be like quitting with about 2.7 mg of subs in your body. I know in a lot of cases a person will return to there DOC if the WD causes much discomfort. Wish I could be of more help but my best wishes to you.

Alex

Hi Guys, thanks for the input. after this post i left subutex and went back to >>>>>>. But then i did the right thing and got professional help,he gave clonidine, prozac and clonazepam, and all went great, i'm sober now from >>>>>> for week and a half, and fighting for one more day. I'm only on prozac now. Thanks