Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Randy35
P/W after taking 1mg of suboxne
    Excelon is offline New Member

Default P/W after taking 1mg of suboxne

I'm trying to get my life together and stop using opiates.
    I thought I was ready at 24hrs and wasn't. I took a sliver of an 8mg film, I would guess 1mg or less but now I'm in P/W for 2 hours now. What the heck! How long will this go on?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Excelon View Post
    I thought I was ready at 24hrs and wasn't. I took a sliver of an 8mg film, I would guess 1mg or less but now I'm in P/W for 2 hours now. What the heck! How long will this go on?

What opiates were you taking before starting the subs? For how long and how much daily?

To properly and safely induct on subs you should use the COWS worksheet to score a 26 or higher, do not use time as an indicator to start sub induction!

Here's a link to Robert's sub therapy/taper plan, follow it exactly as outlined and you will do just fine - https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

There's a link to the COWS worksheet on Robert's plan as well.

Do not take any more sub, let the precipitated withdrawal pass then use the COWS worksheet to score a 26 or higher before you try the sub induction again. Best of luck to you... God bless us all!

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    What opiates were you taking before starting the subs? For how long and how much daily?

To properly and safely induct on subs you should use the COWS worksheet to score a 26 or higher, do not use time as an indicator to start sub induction!

Here's a link to Robert's sub therapy/taper plan, follow it exactly as outlined and you will do just fine - https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

There's a link to the COWS worksheet on Robert's plan as well.

Do not take any more sub, let the precipitated withdrawal pass then use the COWS worksheet to score a 26 or higher before you try the sub induction again. Best of luck to you... God bless us all!
    Here's a video from a drugs.com member named HarrySmooth, this video will show you how to cut the suboxone strips accurately - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttZ5ATKb-LE

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Excelon View Post

Hey there,

I know how you feel because I've been in PWD's not once, but twice. And it totally and completely sux. Ricky gave excellent advice. We always suggest using the Cows to induct safely. It takes all the guessing out of it. Once you score a 26 you know you're safe to take the sub. Theres a link to a Cows in the other link, but here's a different link to another Cows....
    https://www.drugabuse.gov/sites/defa...rawalScale.pdf

Once in PWD's the worst thing you can do is take more sub. It won't help. Let them pass and the time varies. The first time mine lasted about 3 hours and the second time it lasted longer then that.

Click on the link for the sub plan Ricky gave you and read through the material. It's a great plan that has produced thousands of success stories. Used it myself and it really works great if followed closely.

Once those PWD's pass do like Ricky suggested and redo the induction by following the instructions given. You'll do fine. Someone will always be around to help you through this, but the weekends can be slow and a holiday weekend even slower sometimes so please be patient for responses.

Randy
    Ming23 likes this.