Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 1 Post By Catrina
Poppies and Suboxone
    deleted430 is offline New Member

Default Poppies and Suboxone

I am a middle-aged man, using for 4 years total. This was my schedule (up to and including my last use 4 days ago Monday, July 25th):

6:00am: 12mg hydrocodone
    8:00am: 1lb PST (50mg morphine equivalent, guessing?)
    7:00pm: 15mg oxycodone

My last "full-day" of doing this was 4 days ago, Monday July 25th.

Before I discovered Poppy Seeds a year ago, I did this for 3 years:
    6:00am: 12mg hydrocodone
    10:00am: 13mg hydrocodone
    4:00pm: 10mg or 15mg oxycodone
    8:00pm: 12mg hydrocodone

Here is the recap of this week:

Monday: "Used" all day (hydrocodone, PST, and oxycodone).
    Tuesday at 3am: 10mg Percocet (yes... bad idea).
    Tuesday at 5am: Suboxone Induction in 1/16th milligram increments throughout the whole day.
    Tuesday night, after having taken 16mg Suboxone, I found myself in HORRID precipitated withdrawals.
    Wednesday Morning: 4mg. feeling horrid.
    Wednesday Evening: 2mg, feeling bad.
    Thursday Morning: 2mg, finally felt GOOD.
    Thursday Midnight: 1 and 1/3mg (one-and-one-third-of-a-milligram), feeling good.
    Friday Morning: 0 zero, feeling okay.
    Friday Mid-day: 0 zero, feeling agitated.
    Friday Night: 1 and 1/3mg (one-and-one-third-of-a-milligram), feeling okay.
    Saturday Morning (NOW): 0 zero, feeling little agitated (typing this post is helping distract me).

I'm now turning to all of you. What should I do?

Doctors wanted me on 24 or 16mg today. I'm thinking even 2mg is too much since I've been able to walk, shop, eat, and talk on just 1 and 1/3rd mg a day.

I'm hoping there is a way to get clean and end all of this quickly without the full pain and intensity of having myself hauled away to a detox facility.

Thank you.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

I posted a reply to you earlier but it didn't show up. It said it was "awaiting moderation" and never went through. Very strange.

Anyway, using Sub for a moderate opiate habit is a bit like swatting a fly with a sledgehammer. Sub is about 2-3 times stronger than Morphine. Can't believe your doctor wanted you to take 16-24 mg. That's outrageous. No one needs that much Sub, ever. If I read your post correctly, you're taking about 70 mg (of hydro/oxy/PST) per day, right? I know that going through withdrawal is very difficult, but if it were me, I'd just let it run its course and be done. The worst of it will be over after 3-4 days.

Having said that, using Sub to detox is your choice. May I ask why you took Sub only two hours after taking Percocet? That's what threw you into PWD. A proper Sub induction is done by waiting until you're in full blown WD, then inducting slowly by taking .5 mg doses every 1.5-2 hours until stable. Stable means having little to no WD symptoms.

I had posted links to the COWS chart and induction/taper plan but it didn't go through. The COWS chart is used to score your WD symptoms before induction so you don't go into PWD. You can Google it. COWS stands for Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale. It is highly recommended to reach a score of 26 before Sub induction.

The taper plan, including the induction process, is here:
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Please read the induction process carefully. If you decide to go ahead and re-induct properly, this is the way to do it.

Weekends are kinda slow around here but keep us posted about what you decide to do.

Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-30-2016 at 02:08 PM.
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    I posted a reply to you earlier but it didn't show up. It said it was "awaiting moderation" and never went through. Very strange.

Anyway, using Sub for a moderate opiate habit is a bit like swatting a fly with a sledgehammer. Sub is about 2-3 times stronger than Morphine. Can't believe your doctor wanted you to take 16-24 mg. That's outrageous. No one needs that much Sub, ever. If I read your post correctly, you're taking about 70 mg (of hydro/oxy/PST) per day, right? I know that going through withdrawal is very difficult, but if it were me, I'd just let it run its course and be done. The worst of it will be over after 3-4 days.

Having said that, using Sub to detox is your choice. May I ask why you took Sub only two hours after taking Percocet? That's what threw you into PWD. A proper Sub induction is done by waiting until you're in full blown WD, then inducting slowly by taking .5 mg doses every 1.5-2 hours until stable. Stable means having little to no WD symptoms.

I had posted links to the COWS chart and induction/taper plan but it didn't go through. The COWS chart is used to score your WD symptoms before induction so you don't go into PWD. You can Google it. COWS stands for Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale. It is highly recommended to reach a score of 26 before Sub induction.

The taper plan, including the induction process, is here:
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Please read the induction process carefully. If you decide to go ahead and re-induct properly, this is the way to do it.

Weekends are kinda slow around here but keep us posted about what you decide to do.

Kat

She's back!!!! We've had a shortage of people who inducted and successfully tapered from subs. Kat is among them. Glad you're back to help out!!

Peace,

Cat
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.