Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
A positive "getting off Suboxone" experience
    Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bean222 View Post
    Dun,

Robert always tell me to stick to my thread because everyone is different. help me here on this person's last response????

It would make anyone tapering off subs nervous and i am under 1mg. I just friended you so i could write to you. U have gotten sober and i need your input!
    Bean I think you are doing great! Don't be nervous and remeber everyone is entitled to have an opinion. We are all different so one person's experience will never mirror another person's experience. I don't think you have anything to worry about! I have 38 days under my belt now and I sleep through the night, I don't have any depression (but I'm also on Lexapro and have been for years) and I just take it one day at a time. I still have a few lingering things going on like sweating (not profusly) and my skin tingles in some places, but other than that I'm quite ok. I have a feeling you will be too ;-) Don't let other people scare you into doing something rash. Take your time and listen to your body and you will do great! I promise it is soooo worth it! Keep up the good work and stay focused on you! God Bless!

Anonymous Guest

Dun,

thank you! I just needed to hear that! I do feel bad for that person but it scared me a bit, as it would anyone. Thank you for your support and encouragement along the way. I am doing pretty well considering. I have min. discomfort but i know i am going to be ok. Thanks so much for the quick reply back!

God Bless

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jaypbarb666 View Post
    Well I guess I didn't have to say "bs horror stories" but I think a lot of people are highly exaggerating how bad their experience is while they are going through it and/or make things worse by thinking it will be worse. Just think of all the studies out there that have been done where a person was given placebo and yet it "worked" just cause the person believed it would - or the opposite which is when there were given an actual drug and it didn't work because they didn't believe it would. I really think a lot of people don't understand the power of the mind. Another thing I should point out is a lot of these people who say they hate suboxone are absolutely insane talking about how they take in 12 hours before and/or after doses of illegal narcotics to stay high. Well if you are doing that you deserve an unpleasant time.

I know the people on this forum aren't doing that because this forum is for getting and staying clean and not how to get high. But still, a lot of the stories out there about 4 month long withdrawals (which I will say actually is b.s.) and the like shouldn't be believed because it probably means the person didn't use subs properly. If you taper very slowly and stay positive and do everything right when you stop to stay healthy and happy then you should have minimal discomfort, and that minimal discomfort in nothing compared to what most of us have experienced at some point.
    Thank you for the postitive response to my story. I will say I respectfully have to disagree with you though. I don't think that someone who claims they feel wd symptoms for 4 months is bs. We are all so different. A lot of things pertaining to the human body and psyche are very personal and individualized such as pain that you can't base them on what should be felt, but rather what the individual states that they are. Not only that but an individuals overall health is a major factor as well. Someone who sufferes depression or has underlying (diagnosed or undiagnosed) health issues is predisposed to exacerbasion of those issues and prolonged symptoms after wd. So while I am happy that I got through it relatively "easy" if you will and it seems as though you have as well I don't think it's fair to call someone else's prolonged suffering bs. Just my opinion. Again thank you for the repsonse. Good luck and God Bless!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bean222 View Post
    Dun,

thank you! I just needed to hear that! I do feel bad for that person but it scared me a bit, as it would anyone. Thank you for your support and encouragement along the way. I am doing pretty well considering. I have min. discomfort but i know i am going to be ok. Thanks so much for the quick reply back!

God Bless
    Anytime Bean,

Just remember to take what you read for what it is. It's a story. Try not to let things like this guide you or steer you in a direction that will not be beneficial to your well being. The only guides you need is God and your body. Listen to those two things and you will do just fine! Keep it up! Your doing awesome! Let me know if you need anything I am happy to help!
    Denny_D likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Dun,

You ROCK and i thank you so much for that and the best thing for em to do is listen to my body and to trust in God. I know he will see me through. Thank you for the kindness and the friendship! have a great day! You really inspire me and i love reading your stuff that is why it frustarted me but i understand everyone has "their story". Tlk soon

G
    Denny_D likes this.

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dunwithitall View Post
    Anytime Bean,

Just remember to take what you read for what it is. It's a story. Try not to let things like this guide you or steer you in a direction that will not be beneficial to your well being. The only guides you need is God and your body. Listen to those two things and you will do just fine! Keep it up! Your doing awesome! Let me know if you need anything I am happy to help!
    With YOU all the way Dun! God Bless....Denny

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Denny_D View Post
    With YOU all the way Dun! God Bless....Denny
    Thank you Denny, and you as well! How long have you been clean now? Hope you are feeling better and healing well! God Bless.

Thank you Denny, and you as well! How long have you been clean now? Hope you are feeling better and healing well! God Bless.
    Hey....The very last Narcotic I took was on March 8, 2011. And the last of the Suboxone was on July 15, 2011.

So I consider myself to be COMPLETELY clean as of July 15, 2011 or almost 6 months now! Yea Me!

But I can honestly tell you that it really feels like I have been clean much, much longer for some reason! And thank you for asking how I am. I will give you the short version......

Already had 24 knee operations and will have my 25th any day now. In fact the doctor called this morning and it will be either this coming Friday, or early next week. Be so happy to get it over with! My divorce is now final and I am getting ready to move to another State and be with my new best friend and the woman that I LOVE so much! As quick as I can recover from this next surgery, I am gone to..........?

So nice to chat with you and you are helping so many here with your very kind words and support! If you need anything and I can be of help then please don't hesitate to ask me ok? God Bless....Denny

jaypbarb666 is offline Member

I'm not trying to call you a liar Ranger, but seriously 4 months of withdrawals? What exactly continued for 4 months? If you really had pain, diarrhea, insomnia, chills, cramps, tremors, itch, nausea, yawning, malaise, restless legs, etc...for 4 months I would suspect you would likely die or be hospitalized at least. Did you go to the doctor and tell them you have been withdrawing for 4 months and they wouldn't help you??

Anonymous Guest

Hey....The very last Narcotic I took was on March 8, 2011. And the last of the Suboxone was on July 15, 2011.

So I consider myself to be COMPLETELY clean as of July 15, 2011 or almost 6 months now! Yea Me!

But I can honestly tell you that it really feels like I have been clean much, much longer for some reason! And thank you for asking how I am. I will give you the short version......

Already had 24 knee operations and will have my 25th any day now. In fact the doctor called this morning and it will be either this coming Friday, or early next week. Be so happy to get it over with! My divorce is now final and I am getting ready to move to another State and be with my new best friend and the woman that I LOVE so much! As quick as I can recover from this next surgery, I am gone to..........?

So nice to chat with you and you are helping so many here with your very kind words and support! If you need anything and I can be of help then please don't hesitate to ask me ok? God Bless....Denny
    Wow thats awesome! The being clean I mean :-) And wow that's a lot of knee surgeries. What type of sugery if you don't mind me asking? Good luck on the next one hopefully they will finally get it right! That's awesome that you are moving to be with the one you love! It's so nice when we finally get out of a nasty relationship, and are afforded the opportunity to get into one that makes us feel whole! Congrats on everything!
    Denny_D likes this.

Wow thats awesome! The being clean I mean :-) And wow that's a lot of knee surgeries. What type of sugery if you don't mind me asking? Good luck on the next one hopefully they will finally get it right! That's awesome that you are moving to be with the one you love! It's so nice when we finally get out of a nasty relationship, and are afforded the opportunity to get into one that makes us feel whole! Congrats on everything!
    Dun .... Thanks again for asking about me! I played professional sports (Major League Baseball) for several years and was hurt while playing and that led to the very first surgery many years ago. I tore EVERY part of BOTH knees apart that there is! And I mean ALL of them over the years!

I had ACL reconstruction, medicus tears repaired, ligaments repaired, and ALL of that done over and over again through the years. Then it became time to have both the knees totally replaced. Longer story short, I have had now 6 total and complete knee replacements! And right now I have installed a "temporary" knee that provides antibiotics to me for the last 6-8 weeks. Now I need to go in and have that knee removed and another permanent knee installed for my 25th total knee surgery and my 7th complete total replacement! Can't even believe it myself sometimes!

I have posted this many times and the others are getting tired of reading about it, but it really does HELP to just talk about it often. With the temporary knee that is right now, I can't stand or bend it at all. So I have been reduced to being in my recliner for a long, long time! And it really stinks! lol. So I am going back in either this comiing Friday, or early next week to hopefully complete this painful chapter in my life. And the reason for ALL of the replacing of the replacements is because of hardware breakage, or/and a nasty Staph Infection!

So there you have it. There's more, but you get the idea. And I just had my divorce final and was just the luckest and most blessed man alive to have found the most beautiful, and perfect woman to ever walk the earth! I mean she is really something! Smart, beautiful, and better yet, clean! But she happens to live in another State very far from me here so it has been very difficult to communicate or get together on occasion. But we will be doing so VERY soon!

One very important final thing......I have had the last 5 knee surgeries WITHOUT ANY kind of Narcotics or Opiate pain medication there is! Absolutely none of it and I am so proud of myself! NO IV drip of any kind as well! I figured that if I took one single pill that that might be all that it would take to get right back into the addiction mode again. I have worked way too hard and fought so much that I just DID NOT want to risk becoming addicted ever again! Period! I abused for over 35years!

And this next and last surgery will be exactly the same, no narcotics or opiates of any kind, during or after surgery! I know now how to get past this painful experience! So many thanks for asking and just caring. I have followed you around a bit and if you need ANYTHING, or I can be of ANY help to you then please just ask! It would be my pleasure to help you with anything that has to do with addiction! Take care and God Bless....Denny

Anonymous Guest

Dun .... Thanks again for asking about me! I played professional sports (Major League Baseball) for several years and was hurt while playing and that led to the very first surgery many years ago. I tore EVERY part of BOTH knees apart that there is! And I mean ALL of them over the years!

I had ACL reconstruction, medicus tears repaired, ligaments repaired, and ALL of that done over and over again through the years. Then it became time to have both the knees totally replaced. Longer story short, I have had now 6 total and complete knee replacements! And right now I have installed a "temporary" knee that provides antibiotics to me for the last 6-8 weeks. Now I need to go in and have that knee removed and another permanent knee installed for my 25th total knee surgery and my 7th complete total replacement! Can't even believe it myself sometimes!

I have posted this many times and the others are getting tired of reading about it, but it really does HELP to just talk about it often. With the temporary knee that is right now, I can't stand or bend it at all. So I have been reduced to being in my recliner for a long, long time! And it really stinks! lol. So I am going back in either this comiing Friday, or early next week to hopefully complete this painful chapter in my life. And the reason for ALL of the replacing of the replacements is because of hardware breakage, or/and a nasty Staph Infection!

So there you have it. There's more, but you get the idea. And I just had my divorce final and was just the luckest and most blessed man alive to have found the most beautiful, and perfect woman to ever walk the earth! I mean she is really something! Smart, beautiful, and better yet, clean! But she happens to live in another State very far from me here so it has been very difficult to communicate or get together on occasion. But we will be doing so VERY soon!

One very important final thing......I have had the last 5 knee surgeries WITHOUT ANY kind of Narcotics or Opiate pain medication there is! Absolutely none of it and I am so proud of myself! NO IV drip of any kind as well! I figured that if I took one single pill that that might be all that it would take to get right back into the addiction mode again. I have worked way too hard and fought so much that I just DID NOT want to risk becoming addicted ever again! Period! I abused for over 35years!

And this next and last surgery will be exactly the same, no narcotics or opiates of any kind, during or after surgery! I know now how to get past this painful experience! So many thanks for asking and just caring. I have followed you around a bit and if you need ANYTHING, or I can be of ANY help to you then please just ask! It would be my pleasure to help you with anything that has to do with addiction! Take care and God Bless....Denny
    Thanks for the support! And it's so amazing how powerful the mind is! I'm proud of your tenacity as far as the narcotics and the surgeries go! Good for you for knowing your limits and not testing them. Pat yourself on the back for that ;-) 7 total knee replacements is absurd to me (I'm not being mean) I just can't wrap my head around that. God Bless you. So maybe there are some men who could weather having a baby and make it through just fine. Hopefully they will replace your knee with durable, working parts that will make this the final time they have to go in. The unfortunate part is once you acquire and infection you are that much more susceptible to getting subsequent infections, and the high doses of antibiotics leave you rendered helpless in the fight. I wish you all the luck, and you talk about it as much as you need to. I'm listening ;-) God Bless and thank you for your continued support!
    Denny_D likes this.

Thanks for the support! And it's so amazing how powerful the mind is! I'm proud of your tenacity as far as the narcotics and the surgeries go! Good for you for knowing your limits and not testing them. Pat yourself on the back for that ;-) 7 total knee replacements is absurd to me (I'm not being mean) I just can't wrap my head around that. God Bless you. So maybe there are some men who could weather having a baby and make it through just fine. Hopefully they will replace your knee with durable, working parts that will make this the final time they have to go in. The unfortunate part is once you acquire and infection you are that much more susceptible to getting subsequent infections, and the high doses of antibiotics leave you rendered helpless in the fight. I wish you all the luck, and you talk about it as much as you need to. I'm listening ;-) God Bless and thank you for your continued support!
    MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU MY FRIEND!!....Denny
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-04-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Thanks for the support! And it's so amazing how powerful the mind is! I'm proud of your tenacity as far as the narcotics and the surgeries go! Good for you for knowing your limits and not testing them. Pat yourself on the back for that 7 total knee replacements is absurd to me (I'm not being mean) I just can't wrap my head around that. God Bless you. So maybe there are some men who could weather having a baby and make it through just fine. Hopefully they will replace your knee with durable, working parts that will make this the final time they have to go in. The unfortunate part is once you acquire and infection you are that much more susceptible to getting subsequent infections, and the high doses of antibiotics leave you rendered helpless in the fight. I wish you all the luck, and you talk about it as much as you need to. I'm listening God Bless and thank you for your continued support!

Hey.....Thank you! Those Staph Infections are just the worst! I have been home from the last surgery since the end of October and had to go back to the ER so many times due to the Staph! I would get it and then it would be gone. Then come back and keep repeating??

And you are so right about them deleting my own defenses! I am completely down on that part. Had the Pic Line (port) that has been in my arm for the last 6-8 weeks removed this morning and just that little thing seems like such a very big deal to me you know? A very small victory of sorts!

One thing though for sure is the fact that I know ALL of the knee exercises that need to be done to get back to walking again! I have had so much practice! And in the past what might take a first-time replacement candidate several weeks to accomplish, it only takes me a very few days before I can bend the knee 90 degrees, and can get up and walk and even climb stairs! I know exactly how hard and how much to really push myself, without hurting myself, or the new knee!

Worst part has been the weight loss that I have incurred! I am about 6' 2" and did weigh a very healthy, muscular 205-225 lbs. But over the last several months I am down to about the 130-140 lb. range. Deathly skinny for me! But they (doctors) put as someone suggested, some high calorie food supplements right into my port during the night and I have gained back about 25 lbs! At least I am headed in the right direction this time! I just have zero appetite.

Sorry to keep blabbing about me so much. So how are YOU doing right now? Post and ask anything if you need to and if I can help I surely will do my best! Thanks again for just being there! God Bless....Denny

Anonymous Guest

Hey.....Thank you! Those Staph Infections are just the worst! I have been home from the last surgery since the end of October and had to go back to the ER so many times due to the Staph! I would get it and then it would be gone. Then come back and keep repeating??

And you are so right about them deleting my own defenses! I am completely down on that part. Had the Pic Line (port) that has been in my arm for the last 6-8 weeks removed this morning and just that little thing seems like such a very big deal to me you know? A very small victory of sorts!

One thing though for sure is the fact that I know ALL of the knee exercises that need to be done to get back to walking again! I have had so much practice! And in the past what might take a first-time replacement candidate several weeks to accomplish, it only takes me a very few days before I can bend the knee 90 degrees, and can get up and walk and even climb stairs! I know exactly how hard and how much to really push myself, without hurting myself, or the new knee!

Worst part has been the weight loss that I have incurred! I am about 6' 2" and did weigh a very healthy, muscular 205-225 lbs. But over the last several months I am down to about the 130-140 lb. range. Deathly skinny for me! But they (doctors) put as someone suggested, some high calorie food supplements right into my port during the night and I have gained back about 25 lbs! At least I am headed in the right direction this time! I just have zero appetite.

Sorry to keep blabbing about me so much. So how are YOU doing right now? Post and ask anything if you need to and if I can help I surely will do my best! Thanks again for just being there! God Bless....Denny
    Maybe I need to have a knee replacement ;-) I have just the opposite problem. I am only 5' 4" and over the last two weeks I have done nothing but eat. I'm still at a healthy weight, it's just the dryer is shrinking my jeans around the hip/butt area I guess.
    I was gonna ask why the Dr's didn't give you TPN or some type of supplementation through your PICC if you can't or don't want to eat. I'm glad they did that for you because you are right, 130-140 lbs on a 6' 2" frame is not good. Hopefully you will be able to maintain a healthy weight as well after your next surgery!
    As for me I'm not doing to shabby. I still sweat more than normal (and it's cold here.... well cold for FL ;-)) and I have numbness/tingling in some parts of my skin, but I assume that this will pass in the next few weeks and if not then I will just grow accustomed to it and it will be my new normal...... lucky me! All in all, with the exception of a few days, I haven't felt too terrible. Everyday keeps getting better and better! And the Good Lord makes sure that it does! Friday will be 40 days and I am just thrilled about that. I feel like I have accomplished something now! And what's funny is I am a full time nursing student who graduates in May, and I feel more accomplished with this than I do with graduation. Silly I know, but school is a breeze compared to sobriety! I won't be working on graduating for the rest of my life, but believe me I will be working on my sobriety!
    Congrats on getting the PICC out (it's the little things isn't it), and hopefully you won't have to have another put in!
    Denny_D and sookie3 like this.

Maybe I need to have a knee replacement I have just the opposite problem. I am only 5' 4" and over the last two weeks I have done nothing but eat. I'm still at a healthy weight, it's just the dryer is shrinking my jeans around the hip/butt area I guess.
    I was gonna ask why the Dr's didn't give you TPN or some type of supplementation through your PICC if you can't or don't want to eat. I'm glad they did that for you because you are right, 130-140 lbs on a 6' 2" frame is not good. Hopefully you will be able to maintain a healthy weight as well after your next surgery!
    As for me I'm not doing to shabby. I still sweat more than normal (and it's cold here.... well cold for FL ;-)) and I have numbness/tingling in some parts of my skin, but I assume that this will pass in the next few weeks and if not then I will just grow accustomed to it and it will be my new normal...... lucky me! All in all, with the exception of a few days, I haven't felt too terrible. Everyday keeps getting better and better! And the Good Lord makes sure that it does! Friday will be 40 days and I am just thrilled about that. I feel like I have accomplished something now! And what's funny is I am a full time nursing student who graduates in May, and I feel more accomplished with this than I do with graduation. Silly I know, but school is a breeze compared to sobriety! I won't be working on graduating for the rest of my life, but believe me I will be working on my sobriety!
    Congrats on getting the PICC out (it's the little things isn't it), and hopefully you won't have to have another put in!
    Ha! Ha! Ha! I can assure you that if you don't need the knee replaced to just leave it alone! But I totally understand what you mean. I read my Sub notes all the time as I help a few people right in my home with them. I look at my notes all the time and I see where I actually gained lots of weight when I first began to take the Subs! Gained almost 30 lbs in about 2.months time! Stuffed myself!

Nursing Student huh? That's awesome! Good for you! And I hear you about working on the addiction for life.It's a constant battle, but one surely worth fighting. May is coming right up and you will graduate and then what? Job in your area? I've got a good buddy in N. Ft. Myers. Any particular nursing area of work?

I have gained back about 28 lbs. so I am at about 165 right now so not too bad. At least I'm gaining, but so weak. I work out all the time (former athlete) and I can't come close to lifting what I did maybe 2-3 months ago! Too weak! I'll fix it though. You had me cracking up about the dryer shrinking your jeans! lol. I put mine in the dryer daily so that they WILL shrink!

I'm sure that being a nurse you are taking the right vitamins and supplements and things.for your energy level. Sorry you are having some symptoms, but you are so right about the Good Lord taking care of us! HE always will! Just got back from the eye doctor and had my eyes dialated and can't hardly see the keyboard!

Many congratulations on the 40 day mark comig up! Huge achievement for you, for anyone! Great job! Proud of you! If I can be of any help then please do not hesitate to let me know ok? Take care. God Bless....Denny

Ranger_2012 is offline New Member

It was 4 months of hell for me.

This suboxone is very cunning the devil in disguise.

As soon as you jump off the first month is is pshycally bad and you think your out of the woods because you feel there is light at the end of the tunnel when symptoms die down BUT then it hits you, the next several months are HELL please believe me.

What I mean by withdrawals for 4 months are symptoms of insomnia, body aches and pains, sweats in arm pits BUT not so intense but tooooooo long drawn out, its such a killer. Now the extreme vile horrible depression from suboxone was the WORST for me and the INSOMNIA. If you read around lots of people have these symptoms for long as I did so guys you are NOT alone.

My quack of a doc said you cant really do anything about it as you was on suboxone for such a long time 2 years, she is admant NEVER be on suboxone for that long, no longer then 1 month at the MOST. She did however gave me any meds I wanted, from clonidine to provogil but NOTHING worked. The suboxone is the devil.

I never felt like this EVER, Christ I do not know how am ever going to recover but at least am on methadone now which I got off before and it was NOWAY close to suboxone withdrawals and paws in my opinion. Its the depression post suboxone which takes it toll on people and top of that you bearely get any sleep at all. For the first 13 days I DID NOT SLEEP AT ALL. My doc said you wont die from sleep. I only for 20 mins naps and 2 to 3 hours sleep for 5 to 6 monts after that, I was a ZOMBIE.

I tapered every way possible and hand on heart in my experience it does not do NOTHING for the lenght of the withdrawals, the horrible suicidle depression that many experience after stopping suboxone is real, its not to be taken lightly. I was never a depressive person ever.

I even went to church regularly praid my heart out but NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever. The excercise did NOTHING. It takes toooo long of a time for your brain to let go of the suboxone and most guys are NOT prepared to wait a year or 2 to feel good. This devil in disguise is the worst drug ever MAN hydros were a cake walk compare to suboxone. Please people just get off NOW! I BEG you. On occasions you will think your out of the woods but then BANG it hits ya and lasts for soooo many months its unbelivable..DONT always listen to people who say its easy to get off suboxone they do not know what they are talking about. LISTEN and READ experiences like mines...I pray that all of you can get off and have a much easier time then mines. But hell no it is not easy.

I so thought jumping off 0.125 would be a cake walk but I WAS WRONG, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with suboxone. At first I thought it was JUST ME but then I spoke to several folks and all understood where I was coming from as they went through exactly the same experience I did. It was 4 months of horrible symptoms followed by another 6 months of paws toppled that with extreme terrible vile depression. Now I know why so many folks get so depressed after stopping suboxone. I really hope those who suffer from depression anyway can do something about it because it will be horrible. All I can say is GET OFF NOW maybe get on a antidepressant now if your a depressive folk anyway. SLEEP as much as possible before you stop suboxone. I forgot to mention anxiety was a killer too whenever I had chills, the horrible chills lasted for 4 months, it wasnt a intense issue but lenght issue after 1 month, I would rather go through intense symptoms for weeks or a even month then hard paws and extreme depression for a year with insomnia or couple of hours of sleep every 2nd day...

I am PRAYING my methadone experience will be t he same as my previous methadone experience, now that is saying something, both are evil but methadone in my experience does not last long as suboxone does, at least with methadone you can take other meds which break through but suboxone is such a blocker that even after several months its so STICKY to the receptors that NOTHING breaks through. This is MY experience and almost everybody has the same experience, I really hope you guys DO NOT go what I went through.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Everyone does NOT have the experience you describe with subs. It just doesn't happen with most people. Lots of people have their life saved with penicillin but the wrong person who is allergic to it dies if they take it. Doesn't mean it's an evil drug. It was not for that person. What you experienced is the HUGE exception.
    sookie3, Denny_D and Suboxowned like this.

Anonymous Guest

Ha! Ha! Ha! I can assure you that if you don't need the knee replaced to just leave it alone! But I totally understand what you mean. I read my Sub notes all the time as I help a few people right in my home with them. I look at my notes all the time and I see where I actually gained lots of weight when I first began to take the Subs! Gained almost 30 lbs in about 2.months time! Stuffed myself!

Nursing Student huh? That's awesome! Good for you! And I hear you about working on the addiction for life.It's a constant battle, but one surely worth fighting. May is coming right up and you will graduate and then what? Job in your area? I've got a good buddy in N. Ft. Myers. Any particular nursing area of work?

I have gained back about 28 lbs. so I am at about 165 right now so not too bad. At least I'm gaining, but so weak. I work out all the time (former athlete) and I can't come close to lifting what I did maybe 2-3 months ago! Too weak! I'll fix it though. You had me cracking up about the dryer shrinking your jeans! lol. I put mine in the dryer daily so that they WILL shrink!

I'm sure that being a nurse you are taking the right vitamins and supplements and things.for your energy level. Sorry you are having some symptoms, but you are so right about the Good Lord taking care of us! HE always will! Just got back from the eye doctor and had my eyes dialated and can't hardly see the keyboard!

Many congratulations on the 40 day mark comig up! Huge achievement for you, for anyone! Great job! Proud of you! If I can be of any help then please do not hesitate to let me know ok? Take care. God Bless....Denny
    That's too funny! I think that the dryer manufacturer's assemble them to shrink women's jeans.
    I do take the "right" vitamins and supplements for me. I know my deficiencies and supplement accordingly. I'm not having any problems with energy or insomnia (Thank You Jesus!) so that's a definate plus! Along with being a full time student I am also a full time single mom so I am pretty busy most days. It's a good gig... most days ;-)
    As far as the job goes, as soon as I sit for my boards and pass (which I have all the faith that I will pass) I plan to work at a local hospital in the NICU. I love working with the little ones and although there are tragic events that happen with them I take comfort in knowing that they are innocent and so they will be taken care of by Him!
    Hope all went well with the eye Dr. I always seem to pick the brightest day to go and see them so when they dialte my eyes it's sheer torture! Have a wonderful evening and thank you for chatting! Talk again soon. God Bless!

Good Afternoon! .... Just checking on you to see how it's going today? You're most likely really busy with your child and school as you said earlier. Both provide lots of good, positive energy right? Of course they do!

Was reading your entire thread and most of your posts and you have done a great job with getting yourself on the right track! Very proud of all that you have accomplished to date!

That's just great that you plan to work in the NICU unit at one of your local hospitals. Should be very fulfilling for you!

I'm going in for the surgery either tomorrow morning, or early next week either on Mon. or Tues. So if I disappear for a few days to a couple of weeks that's where I'll be. So glad to get this over with. I'll know in about an hour if it is going to be tomorrow morning.

You take care of yourself and your little one and if I can be of help then please let me know. God Bless....Denny

jaypbarb666 is offline Member

What I believe Ranger is that you have another health problem or something because no one else I've ever read about described their experience to be as bad as yours and especially for 4 entire months. I don't think you should be telling people they shouldn't stay on subs long-term because for plenty of people it's the best way to go. I've read a decent amount of negative suboxone stories but none even close to yours.

Ranger_2012 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaypbarb666 View Post
    What I believe Ranger is that you have another health problem or something because no one else I've ever read about described their experience to be as bad as yours and especially for 4 entire months. I don't think you should be telling people they shouldn't stay on subs long-term because for plenty of people it's the best way to go. I've read a decent amount of negative suboxone stories but none even close to yours.
    Jay I can point you to several stories and thread of guys having a similar experience ot mines but am not sure am allowed to post threads posts and links here. Another way you can read is by yahoo or google search.

Its the horrible extreme depression which is the worst toppled that with very low grade sleep patterns.

There are altneratives to long term suboxone you cannot stay on this evil thing forever, the more you stay on it the more worse you feel, you feel like your isolated and bored out your wites, nobody needs to stay on suboxone long term no matter what because it will make you feel crabby and will be hard to get off, if I could do it all over again I would seek alternatives surely.

When I was on methadone at least I wasnt so depressed on it or felt so bad on it, it was a doable kick too. You only have to read around how most guys relapse because of the duration of suboxone withdrawals.

I already said I got checked out and there was nothing wrong with me health wise, I had a testorone check, scanning of the liver which happened to be inflamed QUIT A BIT because of the suboxone because 5 docs comfirmed this, they never seen anything like it , it was the suboxone guaranteed, I had no health worries or prolems prior to suboxone, certainly never depression issues,

You know the frustrating thing? there have be guys on boards who claimed it was easy but turned out to be guess what? promoters, shillers, sellers and even doctors am so not joking, I use to fall for those stories aswel and didnt believe people when they complained of suboxone affects, I too thought they had other issues but when I went through it myself then I KNEW they were RIGHT.

I have always been a fit individual and my age is certainly not against me, I just feel for the folks who are over 25 and in their 40s and 50s, this devil in disguise takes a LOT out of you.

If people know about the potential side affects of suboxone then certainly they will seek alternatives, no matter what your habbit with your original doc is there are other ways then long term suboxone, hell other ways then short term suboxone. Its worse then your original doc, if you stay on it you feel crabby, you get off it you still feel crabby. Am no fan of methadone either but at least that is tried and tested for decades, there are no long term studies of suboxone or buprenorphne, we are technicalyly guinea pigs and that is the scary part. Nobody knows the what harm long term suboxone can do, if it can affect your liver enyzmes and organs then Lord knows what further damage it can do, it must damage your receptors to some extent because the withdrawals, paws and extreme horrible depression is so long drawn out.

Hand on heart I want everybody here and anybody on suboxone to get off in doabl fashion. I dont want them to go through what I and several folks have gone through. I certainly would not recommend withdrawals, paws and the vile depression on my worst enemy.

I pray all youz can get off suboxone without further damage and without terrible withdrawals, paws and bad assss depression. Look and read around the internet and tell me how if there arent anybody who went through what I did.. Theres 100s of people in the same boat as I was, theres 100s of guys who have extreme anxiety, depression and long PAWS for months and years after stopping suboxone, it seems the slow the taper and the tiniest crumb to jump off actually extends the withdrawals and intesity. There is protocol in place in my neighbourhood where docs are putting guys on 32mg or 16mg and jumping off from that dose so the body itself can taper off, allegaly some folks fear better that way suprisigly enough,but I have yet to see anybody who wernt on suboxone long term and didnt pick up a drug again, its not because of just cravings they pick up again but the depression, chill, isolation and lack of sleep toppled with paws which makes guys reach out of a opiate, sad as that is its better then feeling horrible for so long.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-05-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Ranger ..... Why don't you please start your OWN thread?? You are using the personal thread of a very important member (Dunwithitall) of this forum that needs this thread for her own reasons. It would be to your advantage to do so for various reasons and then the can tell everyone just how rough you had it on the Subs! If you do not know or understand how to do it then please ask and I would be happy to show you how! God Bless....Denny
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-06-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Anonymous Guest

Good Afternoon! .... Just checking on you to see how it's going today? You're most likely really busy with your child and school as you said earlier. Both provide lots of good, positive energy right? Of course they do!

Was reading your entire thread and most of your posts and you have done a great job with getting yourself on the right track! Very proud of all that you have accomplished to date!

That's just great that you plan to work in the NICU unit at one of your local hospitals. Should be very fulfilling for you!

I'm going in for the surgery either tomorrow morning, or early next week either on Mon. or Tues. So if I disappear for a few days to a couple of weeks that's where I'll be. So glad to get this over with. I'll know in about an hour if it is going to be tomorrow morning.

You take care of yourself and your little one and if I can be of help then please let me know. God Bless....Denny
    Yesterday was excellent thank you! I was with my man all day, and we went shpping and up to the school so I get all of my supplies for the upcoming semester. I am so happy that this is the last one and then I can start working. In the last 3 years I have been attending school full time (In which I have earned two degrees; an AALA and soon to have an ASN), but it has been really weird not earning my own income. I have always been a very self sufficient person. I joined the USAF pretty much out of high school and did 4 years, after that I held a job as an office manager for an international door manufacturing company, and then I worked at the county fire marshal's office and put myself through standards and inspections hoping to become a fire inspector. When that didn't work out I went back to school to become a nurse. Jack of all trades, master of nothing for sure! So it has been a haul! And the love of my life is a Firemedic and works 24 on 48 off (he also works as a paramedic at the hospital on his days off) so when he is off I like to spend all the time I can with him.
    Thank you for the recognition and support! It has been challenging at times, and I am in the situation that a lot of people are in meaning I don't really have anyone who I can talk to face to face about what I'm going through. My younger brother, who has been clean for 5 or 6 years, cheers me on and I have a couple of girl friends who have never done drugs that support me, but other than that this site has been my greatest inspiration and cheerleading squad and for that I am so greatful! You guys are wonderful!
    Please let me know when you are having your surgery or if you have already had it then please let me know (when you have a chance) how it went and how you are feeling. You are in my prayers, and I hope that the nasty staph stays away! Thank you for everything Denny! Take care and God Bless!
    BTW I have two boys - they are great and for the most part the energy is positive! They are 10 & 11 so sometimes it is a bit trying!

Anonymous Guest

Default Thank you!

Ranger ..... Why don't you please start your OWN thread?? You are using the personal thread of a very important member (Dunwithitall) of this forum that needs this thread for her own reasons. It would be to your advantage to do so for various reasons and then the can tell everyone just how rough you had it on the Subs! If you do not know or understand how to do it then please ask and I would be happy to show you how! God Bless....Denny
    Thank you for that Denny!

Hello Dun With It All .... How are you doing today? Just checking on you as you head towards your 2 month clean time victory! Wow! Great job to this point and I'm very proud of you! I was just wondering if you have been, or still go to any NA or AA meetings or other such group therapy sessions? You don't have to say if you would rather not. I still go to many meetings in NA and had to go to many different ones to find the right one and place for me. I go as much as possible when I can get out of course. I also go to some AA meetings as well.

My surgery is scheduled for Monday (Jan.9) at 8:00 a.m. my time. Looking forward to just getting it over with! Will be in the hospital for between 3-10 days. Then home to exercise and get up and out of this house! I have done the exercises so many times that I don't even require the assistance of a professional therapy person any longer. The surgeons all know that I do my exercises Religiously and always have!

I just went back and re-read your very first post on this thread and some of your other posts as well and your entire story is really quite amazing! How you were on a very large dose (24 mg's) of the Subs per DAY and worked your way down (to 0.125 mg's) and finished all by yourself! You have done one very fine job! You have ALL of my respect for the job you have done!

That is almost exactly what I did too! But I was never on that high of a dose. I had read this forum's posts for almost 2 years BEFORE I joined and knew from reading Robert's plan what I really needed to do. So I found a great Sub doctor and was inducted on 4 mg's and went from there. I got down to 0.25 mg's and tried to jump, but had a hiccup and then went back and skipped days. Success that time and now almost 6 months later doing great! Just like you!

Well you have a great day today and I know you're studying for your upcoming boards for your Nursing designation. I'm positive that you will pass with honors! And you be will one of the very best Nurses in the NICU as well! All the best to you and continue to stay clean just like you're doing right now! God Bless....Denny

Posted the same time as you did!! lol.

Yesterday was excellent thank you! I was with my man all day, and we went shpping and up to the school so I get all of my supplies for the upcoming semester. I am so happy that this is the last one and then I can start working. In the last 3 years I have been attending school full time (In which I have earned two degrees; an AALA and soon to have an ASN), but it has been really weird not earning my own income. I have always been a very self sufficient person. I joined the USAF pretty much out of high school and did 4 years, after that I held a job as an office manager for an international door manufacturing company, and then I worked at the county fire marshal's office and put myself through standards and inspections hoping to become a fire inspector. When that didn't work out I went back to school to become a nurse. Jack of all trades, master of nothing for sure! So it has been a haul! And the love of my life is a Firemedic and works 24 on 48 off (he also works as a paramedic at the hospital on his days off) so when he is off I like to spend all the time I can with him.
    Thank you for the recognition and support! It has been challenging at times, and I am in the situation that a lot of people are in meaning I don't really have anyone who I can talk to face to face about what I'm going through. My younger brother, who has been clean for 5 or 6 years, cheers me on and I have a couple of girl friends who have never done drugs that support me, but other than that this site has been my greatest inspiration and cheerleading squad and for that I am so greatful! You guys are wonderful!
    Please let me know when you are having your surgery or if you have already had it then please let me know (when you have a chance) how it went and how you are feeling. You are in my prayers, and I hope that the nasty staph stays away! Thank you for everything Denny! Take care and God Bless!
    BTW I have two boys - they are great and for the most part the energy is positive! They are 10 & 11 so sometimes it is a bit trying!
    Wow! You have had a very busy and interesting life to this point! Lots of different moves and employment opportunities! Sounds like you have a great guy as well. And glad you were able to spend the day with him all day yesterday too! And him being in the same type of business that you are makes it even better!

My divorce was final on the 1st and I am like I think I told you moving to another state to be with my new woman. Going to be a very huge move for me! But one thing for certain is the fact that it is certainly needed in the worst way possible. She is much younger than me, but we have lots in common so we shall see how it goes!

The one thing that I am so fearful of regarding this surgery is the Staph coming back. Last time I had to go back into the operating room I think it was 3 times to have the leg re-opened right back up and flushed with antibiotics and then redone again! Was a load for sure, and with NO narcotics or opiates of any kind led to some very trying moments for sure! But I got through it all and here I go again and hopefully for the very LAST time!

I have been told already that the "drain tube" will remain in the knee for several more days longer than usual to hopefully get rid of any infection before it can get out of control and started! So I will most likely be in the hospital for the 10 days this time. I will deal with it as best I can!

I'll let you go for now and thank you for replying. All the best to you as you continue to go forward and if you need anything then please just ask. I'll be here until Sunday evening. God Bless....Denny

p.s. Your boys have a wonderful Mother!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-06-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Anonymous Guest

Well you know what they say about great minds
    Actually the first time I was inducted on Subs the Dr had me at 32mg's which was way too much! I never took that much and I even thought that the 24mg was too much. I was so naive. I took Subs for about a week and I felt great 3 weeks later. I didn't see any reason to go back to the Dr so I called to cancel my appt and the receptionist told me that this is not how the program operates and so I needed to be on Subs for at least a year in order to "undo" the damage that I had done. I knew better subconsciously, but I went ahead and followed their direction. And here I am 4 years later. If it were up to them I would have been on it forever. When I switched Dr's the first thing he told me was I needed to taper off it and be done. Once he put that in my mind I was done. I tapered faster than what he wanted and differently than what he wanted because his plan was still pretty one size fits all which didn't really settle well with me. It was a bumpy ride, but hey the end result is all that matters So 40 days later and here I am! It feels awesome! And 6 months later and here you are! Sweet victory!
    I don't attend an NA meetings simply because I have lived in the same area my entire life so unless I drive accross the bridge (50 miles one way) the areas where the meetings are held are the areas where I know I can score. Not that I can't handle the temptation, but if I don't have be there when why put myself in that position. Thank The Lord that I have not had cravings or wantings that I cannot control. If the situation arises where I feel as my sobriety is in jeopardy I will approach it accordingly. I go through times such as this in my mind so that I have a back up plan so I can only hope that I have the coping skills and strength to do what needs to be done to stay clean. I have no desire to use today Different strokes for different folks so if it works for you then I'm all for it! And if not then find what does and go for it!

Anonymous Guest

Wow! You have had a very busy and interesting life to this point! Lots of different moves and employment opportunities! Sounds like you have a great guy as well. And glad you were able to spend the day with him all day yesterday too! And him being in the same type of business that you are makes it even better!

My divorce was final on the 1st and I am like I think I told you moving to another state to be with my new woman. Going to be a very huge move for me! But one thing for certain is the fact that it is certainly needed in the worst way possible. She is much younger than me, but we have lots in common so we shall see how it goes!

The one thing that I am so fearful of regarding this surgery is the Staph coming back. Last time I had to go back into the operating room I think it was 3 times to have the leg re-opened right back up and flushed with antibiotics and then redone again! Was a load for sure, and with NO narcotics or opiates of any kind led to some very trying moments for sure! But I got through it all and here I go again and hopefully for the very LAST time!

I have been told already that the "drain tube" will remain in the knee for several more days longer than usual to hopefully get rid of any infection before it can get out of control and started! So I will most likely be in the hospital for the 10 days this time. I will deal with it as best I can!

I'll let you go for now and thank you for replying. All the best to you as you continue to go forward and if you need anything then please just ask. I'll be here until Sunday evening. God Bless....Denny

p.s. Your boys have a wonderful Mother!
    I have always been one who thinks that older men and younger women belong together ;P It means they are on the same maturity level ;-) Good for you! You deserve to be happy, and I'm glad you found someone to aid in your happiness and got out of a situation that took away from it. My man is 2 years younger than I, but we make it work. And it is awesome that we both work in the medical field! It's nice to be able to come home and discuss your day without having to explain in great detail a procedure or a situation, he just gets it. Not only that, but he makes a great study partner! God is Great!

I read your previous experience with Staph and it made me wince! I can't believe you did all that with nothing on board. I hope they at least gave you a local and numbed you up first. OUCH! Hopefully they will be able to stave it off this time. We always joke that the nastiest place you could be is the hospital so just make sure that you make each and every person who comes in your room wash their hands thoroughly!

p.s. Thank you for your kind words! That made my heart smile!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast