Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree79Likes
A positive "getting off Suboxone" experience
    Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dunwithitall View Post
    I have always been one who thinks that older men and younger women belong together It means they are on the same maturity level Good for you! You deserve to be happy, and I'm glad you found someone to aid in your happiness and got out of a situation that took away from it. My man is 2 years younger than I, but we make it work. And it is awesome that we both work in the medical field! It's nice to be able to come home and discuss your day without having to explain in great detail a procedure or a situation, he just gets it. Not only that, but he makes a great study partner! God is Great!

I read your previous experience with Staph and it made me wince! I can't believe you did all that with nothing on board. I hope they at least gave you a local and numbed you up first. OUCH! Hopefully they will be able to stave it off this time. We always joke that the nastiest place you could be is the hospital so just make sure that you make each and every person who comes in your room wash their hands thoroughly!

p.s. Thank you for your kind words! That made my heart smile!
    You are sooo welcome! I do have them put me completely out for the surgery, but absolutely nothing after that. And yes it really hurts and is VERY painful, but the mind is awesome in the regards that some people can make themselves believe what they want, or need to believe. I do just that. I think the most positive of thoughts and go for it! I have been in terrible, horrible pain, but that's ALL that it is...... it's just pain! With much meditation and Prayer, I can deal with it very, very well. I just REFUSE to take another pill! No way!

I had been on narcotic pain medication for decades. I honestly believed that I needed to be on it and so did many, many doctors and surgeons. But when I finally got myself clean, I realized what I thought or believed to be actual pain was really and truly caused by the very medication (narcotics) that I had been using to control my pain issues! It simply wasn't needed!

I've said this before here many times, but when we are in pain we take the drugs (narcotics, opiates etc..) to control it right? The brain recognizes this and dials up the pain. We take more drugs and the brain dials the pain up again. This cycle continues until we are good and Dependant, and/or addicted, or both! The only true way a person can tell how much pain they are REALLY in is to quit or stop the narcotics or opiates and give it some time to see how much pain they are REALLY in! I suggest this to anyone that is having terrible pain and is addicted or Dependant on drugs to hopefully stop their pain. They just might understand that the narcotics or other meds are simply NOT helping as much as they thought or believed! In some, but not all cases of course!

Not telling you anything that you don't already know right? lol. With your background, you understand it perfectly! I ws just posting it again in case there is anyone out there just "lurking" and maybe they might realize that what I say just might have some merit to it! Hope so anyway!

When I told you that my woman was younger than I, what I should have said is that she is much, much, much, younger than I am! I know you don't even need to say it! But I really LOVE her and that's ALL that matters right? Right! lol. Ha!

Glad you read about my previous staph infection ordeal. Makes me wince too! The doctors were going crazy trying to get it figured out. My body just rejects the new hardware is all. And has done so on almost every surgery! So I am just really nervous this time. If by some reason it comes back they have already informed me that the leg WILL be removed. So I am dealing with that this time as well. If they go in and attempt this surgery, and the infection lingers, I will wake up and have no leg from above the knee area. That would be devastating, but I will just deal with it as I have everything else. Turn it over to my GOD and he will do what needs to be done.

Sorry for rambling on such. You have yourself a great day today and evening as well! And thank you so much for just listening. As I said to you before it just feels great to talk to someone about it at times. If you EVER need to do the same I will be here as well. Take care and God Bless....Denny
    Jay44 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Cool

Love knows no discrimination! Good for you guys. If you don't have a problem with the age difference and neither does she then who cares what anyone else thinks about it!
    I'm sorry that a BKA or an above the knee amputation is a possibility during this operation. I can't imagine how that must feel. But hey it beats the alternative. At this point if you get septicemia there wouldn't be much they could do for you since you have had the antibiotic exposure that you have. Unfortunately those nasty bacteria remember the antibiotics and they become resistant. And staph resides on our skin naturally so given the right conditions and it loves to go wild. I'm sorry you are in this predicament, but I have all the faith in the world and The Lord that you will be just fine. Don't ever apologize for wanting to talk about how all this makes you feel. It's human nature to want to express yourself especially about situations that are beyond our control but will affect us greatly. I was just discussing this with another of my fellow nursing students. There doesn't seem to be much compassion in the medical field right now so discussing how you feel about the operation your about to have is out of the question in most cases. I can't speak for the hospitals where you are but this in the unfortunate case here. Our only hopes are to bring compassion and a change in the outlook of others to where ever we are employeed. I promise I will never be upset or putoff by your "ramblimgs"
    So here it is 41 days since my last Suboxone and I feel terriffic! I think my skin in irritated because of the B-12 shots I have been taking. The sweating is also subsiding so I can honestly say I feel awesome! Thank you so much for rooting me on. You, Amber, Sookie, Robert, and Gina have been true inspiration for me! I have read so many other's stories as well that have been inspiring and to everyone on here: HANG IN THERE, KEEP IT UP, and THANK YOU!
    It feels so good to say I never have to do that again
    Thank you Denny and if I don't get a chance to pop in again before your surgery know that I will be praying for your overall good health, and a speedy recovery! Take care and I wish you well my friend! Hope to hear from you soon.
    Denny_D likes this.

Wow Dun ..... Thank you for that! You really made me smile and I haven't been able to do much of that lately. I have been so preoccupied with so many things that I need to do, and do them quickly too!

As you know I need to be in the hospital Mon. morning at 6:00 a.m. to prep for the surgery. But I didn't tell you that with my divorce being final on the 1st of January that I also need to be out of this house as soon as I get home from the surgery! Stinks really and I am in the process of moving to another state very far from here to be with my lady friend right? Well I have NOT been able to contact her in quite some time! Not sure what is going on right now??

She knows that my surgery is on Monday, but she hasn't been in contact with me in many days now! Not sure what's going on and certainly hope and Pray that nothings really wrong?? Been emailing and calling, but no luck!

And like I told you, if during the surgery that staph, or other infection becomes an issue, my leg WILL be removed without question and I WILL NOT know this until I am out of recovery! I am trying to prepare myself for that possibility, but just how do you do that really? I have Prayed and Prayed, and others have all done that for me too, including you young lady! Can't tell you how much that I appreciate that! But I do really sincerely appreciate it!

One thing that I do want to add is the fact that there is not much compassion in the medical field here either. I'm in Michigan, and there are some Major hospitals and doctors here, but they do lack in compassion most of the time! I have done my best to convey this to many of the professionals, but no one will give you what you really need as far as listening to the patient. But they always have time to ask for a photo with me, or for an autograph many times! Tired of it all really! Blah, blah, blah right? lol. Ha!

Thank you for just caring! And of course for the Prayers as well. Means so much to me at this very trying time in my life! And hey, CONGRATULATIONS for being at day # 41 Awesome achievement to be sure! You have done such a wonderful job and I for one am so proud of you girl! Great job and just keep it going right? You WILL get to the 2-month mark real soon! And then on from there! Good stuff for sure!

Amber is nearly finished and I am helping her a little bit. And how about Sookie, Jay, and Gina as well? Lots of members all doing great and about to finish at nearly the same time! Beautiful to watch and be a very small part of you know? I have suggested here and there a little bit, but they have ALL put in the REAL work just like you did!! Awesome right? Like you said, lots of real good stories here!

Well I need to move on for now and try to get my head on straight for a minute! Too many things and too many directions to go! Going to be just fine and I really believe that D. Take care and thanks again. God Bless....Denny

sookie3 is offline Member

Love knows no discrimination! Good for you guys. If you don't have a problem with the age difference and neither does she then who cares what anyone else thinks about it!
    I'm sorry that a BKA or an above the knee amputation is a possibility during this operation. I can't imagine how that must feel. But hey it beats the alternative. At this point if you get septicemia there wouldn't be much they could do for you since you have had the antibiotic exposure that you have. Unfortunately those nasty bacteria remember the antibiotics and they become resistant. And staph resides on our skin naturally so given the right conditions and it loves to go wild. I'm sorry you are in this predicament, but I have all the faith in the world and The Lord that you will be just fine. Don't ever apologize for wanting to talk about how all this makes you feel. It's human nature to want to express yourself especially about situations that are beyond our control but will affect us greatly. I was just discussing this with another of my fellow nursing students. There doesn't seem to be much compassion in the medical field right now so discussing how you feel about the operation your about to have is out of the question in most cases. I can't speak for the hospitals where you are but this in the unfortunate case here. Our only hopes are to bring compassion and a change in the outlook of others to where ever we are employeed. I promise I will never be upset or putoff by your "ramblimgs"
    So here it is 41 days since my last Suboxone and I feel terriffic! I think my skin in irritated because of the B-12 shots I have been taking. The sweating is also subsiding so I can honestly say I feel awesome! Thank you so much for rooting me on. You, Amber, Sookie, Robert, and Gina have been true inspiration for me! I have read so many other's stories as well that have been inspiring and to everyone on here: HANG IN THERE, KEEP IT UP, and THANK YOU!
    It feels so good to say I never have to do that again
    Thank you Denny and if I don't get a chance to pop in again before your surgery know that I will be praying for your overall good health, and a speedy recovery! Take care and I wish you well my friend! Hope to hear from you soon.
    Big hug comin right at you lady!!!!! You are an inspiration!!! I so hope to be where you are my friend!! .............Sookie
    Denny_D likes this.

Hey Dun ..... Where you been hiding? I am just hoping that you are only busy and nothing is really wrong is all? If you get a moment would you please just post and let me know that you're ok? God Bless....Denny
    sookie3 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Denny_D View Post
    Hey Dun ..... Where you been hiding? I am just hoping that you are only busy and nothing is really wrong is all? If you get a moment would you please just post and let me know that you're ok? God Bless....Denny
    Hello Denny,

How did your surgery go? I hope that you faired well! I'm doing great it's just that school started back up and we already had our first test. We have to pass a medication test in order to be able to pass medication in the hospital which makes perfect sense. It's just a busy and hectic time, but I love it! Makes time fly by. I hope you were able to get ahold of your friend and there isn't anything wrong. I hate when my friends or family disappear off the grid. Thank God so far no one has been in dire straights, but it still leaves a whole in my stomach when I can't contact them.
    I wish I had some news, but the only exciting thing I'm going to be doing is reading some of the most boring material in the world :-) it's only interesting to me in practice. Let me know how things went, and I hope that they were nice to you in the hospital. I pray that you are feeling well! Talk to you soon.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sookie3 View Post
    Big hug comin right at you lady!!!!! You are an inspiration!!! I so hope to be where you are my friend!! .............Sookie
    Hi Sookie,

Thank you! And you will be so much better than me in not time! I just know it! I hope that you are well, and I will talk with you soon! One step, one day at a time
    Love ya!

Hello Denny,

How did your surgery go? I hope that you faired well! I'm doing great it's just that school started back up and we already had our first test. We have to pass a medication test in order to be able to pass medication in the hospital which makes perfect sense. It's just a busy and hectic time, but I love it! Makes time fly by. I hope you were able to get ahold of your friend and there isn't anything wrong. I hate when my friends or family disappear off the grid. Thank God so far no one has been in dire straights, but it still leaves a whole in my stomach when I can't contact them.
    I wish I had some news, but the only exciting thing I'm going to be doing is reading some of the most boring material in the world it's only interesting to me in practice. Let me know how things went, and I hope that they were nice to you in the hospital. I pray that you are feeling well! Talk to you soon.
    Hi There Dun .... Thanks for your concern! I am still in the hospital right now! I brought my laptop with me and was even posting (I'm a dummy) the night of my surgery for something to do! But the surgery went very well and I am up and walking all over the place right now. All bandages have been removed and I am looking at 31 staples down the knee area! A huge cut down the middle of the knee! The knee is bending some and I am far ahead in my recovery right now. I will be released from here either tomorrow (Fri.), Saturday, or maybe Sunday? One of those days anyway. The drain tube will be removed later today as well! No Staph in sight and I say that very quietly!

I was going to be heading to be with my new lady friend, but things are not progressing as I had hoped and I will need to make other plans. Not sure of the entire situation as I have not had a serious conversation with her in many days now. So really I do not even have a place to live right now as I had to be out of the home I shared with my Ex. So I need to make some plans and make them real quick too! I will get it all figured out I'm sure!

Glad to hear that you have just been really busy! School work will certainly do that to you at times! And I really know what you mean when you say it can be very boring? Kinda been there at times myself! I'm sure that you will pass your certification test with flying colors. I have the feeling that YOU are at the top of your game in that field!

And you are headed to your 2 month clean time mark real soon right? I think that you are at the 46-47 day right now?? So congrats and just keep piling on the days! Well time to give more blood of course. Must have gave them a gallon already it feels like. You take care and thinks somuch for posting! Means a lot to me to have you ask how I'm doing! God Bless....Denny

I forgot to add that while I have been in he hospital so many times that there are just some Nurses that are way better than others if you know what I mean? The bedside manner is what it's all about in my opinion and I was blessed to have some of the very best Nurses in the business this time around!

Anonymous Guest

I forgot to add that while I have been in he hospital so many times that there are just some Nurses that are way better than others if you know what I mean? The bedside manner is what it's all about in my opinion and I was blessed to have some of the very best Nurses in the business this time around!
    Everything happens for a reason! I'm very sorry to hear it didn't happen the way you were expecting though! I have no doubt that He will make sure that you are provided for, and things will turn out better than you hoped.

I'm so happy to hear that you had good nurses (you deserve nothing less) and that there is no sign of staph at this time! I will continue to keep you in my prayers! Talk with you soon! God Bless!
    Denny_D likes this.

Everything happens for a reason! I'm very sorry to hear it didn't happen the way you were expecting though! I have no doubt that He will make sure that you are provided for, and things will turn out better than you hoped.

I'm so happy to hear that you had good nurses (you deserve nothing less) and that there is no sign of staph at this time! I will continue to keep you in my prayers! Talk with you soon! God Bless!
    Dunwithitall ..... Good Day to you today! Just wanted to say hello and congratulate you for making it to day number 47 of your clean time! Awesome accomplishment! Very proud of you for sticking to it and realizing just how important it is to remain clean.

I have just re-read your entire thread for the 3rd time as I just keep going back to it and marvel at the entire journey that you have made! It is really remarkable to say the least! You have done so much in your life and accomplished so many things that it has turned into one of the very best examples of someone wanting to be clean so much that absolutely NOTHING would, or could, stand in the way of it.

Every time that I get in a real tough spot, or have a bad moment, I just go back to your thread from top to bottom and instantly I feel so much better! So I just wanted to say thanks for posting here and giving the information that you have given. I just simply smile when reading it! You reallly must be so proud of YOU, and of course you absolutely should be! I know that I really am.

You will be at your 2 month anniversary of clean time real soon and I am rooting you on all the way girl! And I just also wanted to wish you the very best with your upcoming certification to once again better yourself and keep your mission in life to only go forward. Amazing really! You take care and I'll chat with you later. Have a great day! God Bless....Denny

Anonymous Guest

Dunwithitall ..... Good Day to you today! Just wanted to say hello and congratulate you for making it to day number 47 of your clean time! Awesome accomplishment! Very proud of you for sticking to it and realizing just how important it is to remain clean.

I have just re-read your entire thread for the 3rd time as I just keep going back to it and marvel at the entire journey that you have made! It is really remarkable to say the least! You have done so much in your life and accomplished so many things that it has turned into one of the very best examples of someone wanting to be clean so much that absolutely NOTHING would, or could, stand in the way of it.

Every time that I get in a real tough spot, or have a bad moment, I just go back to your thread from top to bottom and instantly I feel so much better! So I just wanted to say thanks for posting here and giving the information that you have given. I just simply smile when reading it! You reallly must be so proud of YOU, and of course you absolutely should be! I know that I really am.

You will be at your 2 month anniversary of clean time real soon and I am rooting you on all the way girl! And I just also wanted to wish you the very best with your upcoming certification to once again better yourself and keep your mission in life to only go forward. Amazing really! You take care and I'll chat with you later. Have a great day! God Bless....Denny
    Hi Denny,

Thank you so much for that! I'm actually at day 48 today and I feel so great! It makes me feel good to know that sharing my experiences can/does help others. Makes it all worth it! I feel strong mentally, physiaclly, and spiritually and the mental clarity is amazing! The minor issues I still experience pale in comparison to my overall progress! I hope that things are going good for you, and that your knee is healing quickly! And if it is meant to be I hope that your lady friend has been in touch. No matter what I hope that things work out the way you hoped and planned! I'll chat with you soon friend
    sookie3 likes this.

Hi Denny,

Thank you so much for that! I'm actually at day 48 today and I feel so great! It makes me feel good to know that sharing my experiences can/does help others. Makes it all worth it! I feel strong mentally, physiaclly, and spiritually and the mental clarity is amazing! The minor issues I still experience pale in comparison to my overall progress! I hope that things are going good for you, and that your knee is healing quickly! And if it is meant to be I hope that your lady friend has been in touch. No matter what I hope that things work out the way you hoped and planned! I'll chat with you soon friend
    Hi there and sorry but I was a day or two off in your clean time right! At least I wasn't off by a week or more! Glad that you are doing so well and that everything is clearing up for you! Makes such a difference and I still notice things, and remember things now that I would never have noticed or remembered while being under the influence of those drugs!

And no I haven't heard from her in quite some time now and don't think that I really will for some reason. Too bad, but I just will do what I have to do right? I am getting out of this hospital tomorrow (Monday) morning and will look for a place to move or maybe rent. I'll be just fine! The knee actually feels just great and I have been walking all over the hospital very chance that I get! Thanks for asking and we'll chat again soon. You have a great rest of the weekend and take care. God Bless....Denny

Dun .... checking to make sure that you are doing well? Coming up on your 1 month victory parade right? Not much farther to go to get to that milestone! Post when you get a free minute as I know how busy you are! Got an apartment and knee is great! God Bless....Denny
    sookie3 likes this.

sookie3 is offline Member

Hello lovely lady!! So great to see how well life is going for you I need to get some positivity back.....Everyone says dig deep. Sometimes thats a little hard because I dont always like what I find but I am a work in progress.
    Awesome job...............Sookie

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sookie3 View Post
    Hello lovely lady!! So great to see how well life is going for you I need to get some positivity back.....Everyone says dig deep. Sometimes thats a little hard because I dont always like what I find but I am a work in progress.
    Awesome job...............Sookie
    Hey girlie,

I have been reading your posts, and I wish I could come to your house and throw all of your stuff out for you. Then you wouldn't have any other option except to "dig deep" and do what you need to do. I know you can do this all you have to do is just let go and surrender! This thing is powerful and will continue to hold onto you as long as you let it! Get pissed, get really mad, but get mad at the disease! Throw things, cuss, put a punching bag and let it all out! It feels good, and you don't need to hold onto it any longer. Give it over to a higher power, "someone" who can handle because we cannot. Digging deep isn't easy. Not in any situation. It's like doing the right thing. Sometimes, no actually most times, it's easier to go with the flow and do what's easy. Not this time Sookie! FIGHT! You are worth it, and you are the grand prize! I'm here still rooting for you, and I know that you can do this! I pray for you, and I believe in you! Big hugs!!!!!!!
    INDCNTRY likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Default Yeah!!!

Dun .... checking to make sure that you are doing well? Coming up on your 1 month victory parade right? Not much farther to go to get to that milestone! Post when you get a free minute as I know how busy you are! Got an apartment and knee is great! God Bless....Denny
    Hey Denny,

Sorry, I have been so busy with school and my boys have been off for the past couple of days (holidays) so I haven't had much free time. I actually have 51 days under my belt today. 9 more and I hit the 60 day mark Not putting the cart before the horse, but 9 days goes by like hours right now, which is a good thing I guess I read that you found an apartment - AWESOME! God is great!!!!!! And things are all good with the knee - Sweet! I knew you would be taken care of! Not much new news here - again not a bad thing - so I was just checking in, and wanted to tell you I'm really happy things are on the upside for you! Take care Den and God Bless! Talk to ya soon!

Hey Denny,

Sorry, I have been so busy with school and my boys have been off for the past couple of days (holidays) so I haven't had much free time. I actually have 51 days under my belt today. 9 more and I hit the 60 day mark Not putting the cart before the horse, but 9 days goes by like hours right now, which is a good thing I guess I read that you found an apartment - AWESOME! God is great!!!!!! And things are all good with the knee - Sweet! I knew you would be taken care of! Not much new news here - again not a bad thing - so I was just checking in, and wanted to tell you I'm really happy things are on the upside for you! Take care Den and God Bless! Talk to ya soon!
    Hey Girl .... Certainly no apology needed for being busy! Very happy that you are really as it makes such a difference when we are going through the early days of being clean! One month is coming right up and I really DO think that you SHOULD put the cart before the horse and keep looking ahead with your amazing journey! Much better to keep looking ahead instead of having to look back and wonder what if???

Your story will and HAS helped so many people that are wondering right his minute if they can actually do it too! By reading how you have made it only reinforces their beliefs that it really can be done!

I'm doing very well right now! Staples out tomorrow morning and then nothing to keep me down! Been walking everywhere and up and down stairs for exercise. I know enough to not overdo it, but just enough to strengthen the leg and all remaing muscles. Huge, huge scar this time! Very unsightly, but at least the leg is still mine right? So you take care and keep doing just as you are right now! If you need anything you know where to find me. God Bless....Denny

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123