Possibly screwed up induction because my docs an idiot?
    dna1331 is offline New Member

Default Possibly screwed up induction because my docs an idiot?

So, after a 15yr struggle with pain killers of any form, and major usage (20 10/325 Norco's/day) for the last 2.5yrs, I am sooooo tired... I finally got the nerve up to got to the local Sub doc. Luckily, I had been on this forum many months ago when I first started thinking about using Suboxone, so I remembered a few things, cuz the doc was just a Suboxone rx mill.. He didn't even ask me how many I was currently taking, nor did he tell me I had to be in withdrawl until I started asking questions. He also told me to start with 8mg and if I was still uncomfortable, take another that evening. Long story short, I was planning on waiting until the weekend to begin taking it, but before I was able to sit down and figure this all out, the well ran dry and I found myself in w/d's, so I figured I might as well go for it. (Btw, he prescribed me 8mg Subutex pills because I told him I just wanted to cash pay.)
    Doc told me i just needed to be in moderate withdrawl, so about 20hrs after my last handful of Norco's, (yesterday about 1) I took my first 8mg. Then about 3 hrs later, I took another 8mg. Once my looong day was done (I did this all while working and dealing with kids and meetings), I got on my laptop and began obsessively reading this forum and the guidelines recommended for induction. A LITTLE TOO LATE... Now I am panicking that I have screwed this all up and I need to start over...

I am now on day 2 and decided to split my pill into 1/4's, cuz that was about as far as I could get it down (I think I can do them smaller in hindsight). I waited until about 11 to take my first 2mg, then just took another at about 3. Here is where the trouble lies.

I feel kind of ok, (aside from desperately missing the high) but I am a tad bit nauseous... DID I SCREW UP? Can I fix this from here on, or do I need to start over? I hate to repeat a post, but I could not find one with my situation, and I do think I need support, which is very lacking in my little podunk community.

I am SCARED. Not just of the fact that I may have to start over, but scared that I don't know how to BE NORMAL. I have 2 kids, a fab husband, 2 business that I own/operate, and 1 non-profit program that I run. I don't have time for rehab. This has to be my answer, but I am 1 day in and panicking. I have been high in some way or another for most of my life. Can I do this? Am I capable of making it through the day sober? Ugh.. This is all so much. I have never in my life posted on a forum - I'm a perpetual lurker - but I really need this to work, and I see what an awesome supportive community this is.

Please help me!
    Thank You so very much

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dna1331 View Post
    So, after a 15yr struggle with pain killers of any form, and major usage (20 10/325 Norco's/day) for the last 2.5yrs, I am sooooo tired... I finally got the nerve up to got to the local Sub doc. Luckily, I had been on this forum many months ago when I first started thinking about using Suboxone, so I remembered a few things, cuz the doc was just a Suboxone rx mill.. He didn't even ask me how many I was currently taking, nor did he tell me I had to be in withdrawl until I started asking questions. He also told me to start with 8mg and if I was still uncomfortable, take another that evening. Long story short, I was planning on waiting until the weekend to begin taking it, but before I was able to sit down and figure this all out, the well ran dry and I found myself in w/d's, so I figured I might as well go for it. (Btw, he prescribed me 8mg Subutex pills because I told him I just wanted to cash pay.)
    Doc told me i just needed to be in moderate withdrawl, so about 20hrs after my last handful of Norco's, (yesterday about 1) I took my first 8mg. Then about 3 hrs later, I took another 8mg. Once my looong day was done (I did this all while working and dealing with kids and meetings), I got on my laptop and began obsessively reading this forum and the guidelines recommended for induction. A LITTLE TOO LATE... Now I am panicking that I have screwed this all up and I need to start over...

I am now on day 2 and decided to split my pill into 1/4's, cuz that was about as far as I could get it down (I think I can do them smaller in hindsight). I waited until about 11 to take my first 2mg, then just took another at about 3. Here is where the trouble lies.

I feel kind of ok, (aside from desperately missing the high) but I am a tad bit nauseous... DID I SCREW UP? Can I fix this from here on, or do I need to start over? I hate to repeat a post, but I could not find one with my situation, and I do think I need support, which is very lacking in my little podunk community.

I am SCARED. Not just of the fact that I may have to start over, but scared that I don't know how to BE NORMAL. I have 2 kids, a fab husband, 2 business that I own/operate, and 1 non-profit program that I run. I don't have time for rehab. This has to be my answer, but I am 1 day in and panicking. I have been high in some way or another for most of my life. Can I do this? Am I capable of making it through the day sober? Ugh.. This is all so much. I have never in my life posted on a forum - I'm a perpetual lurker - but I really need this to work, and I see what an awesome supportive community this is.

Please help me!
    Thank You so very much
    Try not to be scared, we will help you through this! Yes, the induction on the subs was done incorrectly and you took too much sub! Time is not the accurate way to decide when to start the sub induction, only scoring yourself 26 or higher on the COWS worksheet is! You have a lot of sub in you right now, do not take anymore! In the meantime please read Robert's sub therapy plan (read it several times), here's a link - https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Robert's plan if followed correctly will produce great results and have you completely weaned off the subs in two months or so? Let us know your questions and/or concerns, we can help you do this correctly and effectively? God bless us all!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-05-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Phuzzylogic is offline Junior Member

DNA:

I'm pretty sure I took too high of a dose myself today after reading up here in the forums. Only difference is I was prescribed Suboxone and not Subtex.

You don't have to be scared, thankfully this site has a lot of support emotionally and educational. I'm here for both myself. I will subscribe to this thread and check in with you to see how eveything is going.

You do know how to be normal, you're doing it not. Try not to get worked up and panic. You got this!!!

Phuzzylogic is offline Junior Member

Do read Robert's thread, it is very informative!

Maninmirror is offline Member

First of all don't freak out.. I know how nerve racking it can be. Trust me I've been there!!

I believe you took too much myself.. I was taking 40-50 norcs a day.. Crazy!! I stabilized at 3.5mg! I've been on it for 2 months and am down to .25mg.. Woo!!

It gets better trust me.. Once you get through the beginning and become stable (little to no wd's). It can be done, I've been high or drunk most times the better part of my life, and I currently feel great no impairment for two months.

I think (this is just my opinion) that if you can handle it put off taking any for a couple days.. There is a lot in your system right now and the half life is long, it will be mostly mental remember that! I would say take 4mg split once in the morning once at night 8-10 hours apart. Don't take any for a day or two if you can handle it.. It's mental! When you feel your body needing it that's when you start that process.

You will face some symptoms throughout but they are manageable stay focused and determined.. It can be done!

Read Roberts plan through and through, know it and understand it.

I will check in when I can... Congrats on taking this step. It gets better from here believe me!! You can do this!!