Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DancingZorba
Post suboxone/subutex effects
    DancingZorba is offline Member

Default Post suboxone/subutex effects

Hey Guys,

Couple questions, but first....a big thanks to the community for all the help you guys have given me these past few years. 3rd time was the charm.

Anyway....about 3 weeks with no meds. Most every WD sign is gone. I did feel rather weak and 4 years back I had low T....so I started using test again. And it's fact that long term opiate use (especially at my insane doses) will make your T levels drop even lower.

Only things I'm still feeling is some GI problems and for some reason....hunger pains. I'm always hungry now. My back pain is back with a vengeance so it's really hard to work out and train. I also find myself sneezing an awful lot. Not just once....but 4-5 times in a row sometimes. Lastly, I'm cold. Always cold. In August I was wearing a sweater. Is this normal??

Otherwise....some insomnia. I lowered my benzo dose because I wasn't "feeling" the need. Taking some trazadone and Rozerem along with gabapentin every so often. I just feel off (1000X better) but still a little "off".

DZ

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi Zorba,

Thanks for checking in. Congratulations! All of what you're feeling is typical and will subside gradually. Treat your back pain with Aleve or Advil and give it more time. It takes a bit to really know your level of pain and for your brain to be full tilt manufacturing its own chemicals. If it's still not manageable, ask the doctor to try something other than narcotics. There are things out there these days that work and it sometimes just takes some trial and error to find one that will work for you.

The weight! UGH I know. BOY do I know. Some folks gain weight when they're using and some lose it. I lost it but gained it back quickly once I was clean and just like you, I'm sure it was because my appetite was beyond belief. I had to begin to exercise and be a watch dog about what I ate, something I hadn't had to do for years. I'll take it though.

All the rest, sneezing, cold, GI exactly what you can expect. It's so good that your sleep is returning. That's often the last thing to get better. I know it's not perfect, but it should continue to improve.

Congratulations!

Peace,

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Hi Zorba,

Thanks for checking in. Congratulations! All of what you're feeling is typical and will subside gradually. Treat your back pain with Aleve or Advil and give it more time. It takes a bit to really know your level of pain and for your brain to be full tilt manufacturing its own chemicals. If it's still not manageable, ask the doctor to try something other than narcotics. There are things out there these days that work and it sometimes just takes some trial and error to find one that will work for you.

The weight! UGH I know. BOY do I know. Some folks gain weight when they're using and some lose it. I lost it but gained it back quickly once I was clean and just like you, I'm sure it was because my appetite was beyond belief. I had to begin to exercise and be a watch dog about what I ate, something I hadn't had to do for years. I'll take it though.

All the rest, sneezing, cold, GI exactly what you can expect. It's so good that your sleep is returning. That's often the last thing to get better. I know it's not perfect, but it should continue to improve.

Congratulations!

Peace,

Cat
    Thx so much for the info, Cat....I very much appreciate it. If I keep going this way, I'm going to add a lot of weight. I was once a HUGE gym rat and I know how to diet and train, but I get these awful hunger pains. I can drink some water to get some temporary relief....but if I don't swallow solid food, I end up vomiting with bad stomach aches. I don't know if my body is trying to "restore" itself to how I was before....searching for those nutrients, or is this all part of the long WD song?

Sleep is getting better....I only slept for 4 MAYBE 5 hrs a day in the past. When I was on my pain meds, I would get a solid 6-7 hrs. I'm back to about 3-4 again. I was worried that my GI issues might be from lactose.....but I cut dairy and it's still there. Every day does seem to get a little better, but the GI issues and hunger pains really really suck. I just started training again and I get light headed real easy. I suppose it just takes time and I should be careful. Oh and the sneezing....I know it doesn't sound all that bad. Many actually like how a sneeze episode feels. Not me....it KILLS my back and causes it to sting for a solid hour or so. If I have to....it feels better on my back doing so while laying down with a pillow under my knees.

Anyway.....as I had expected. My back pain really is back with a vengeance. To be honest, I really don't know what the pain management doctor can do for me. They all told me to go under the knife. I exhausted all options before starting my pain meds a few years back. Nothing worked....sadly. I did talk with one of my docs, he did say there might be ways to achieve some temporary relief....but he emphasized the word "temporary". I think by now I have learned how to minimize my pain the best I can. I know what to and what not to do with my body. How to reach for something, how to best use stairs, what position to sleep in, etc. All other meds I was given failed. And I knew this would happen....part of me was hoping that it might not be as bad....but it is. I just have to come to terms with my situation. I refuse to risk rolling around in a wheelchair for the rest of my life....and I won't even have a poppy bagel (kidding). So I guess it is what it is. Was told to try acupuncture.....may as well.

Last thing....I don't crave the pain meds anymore. My back does. My days are the worst when it's raining and humid out. Like today. And as much as I know that those meds will help me, I just can't. I was in a dark place for 3 years....I don't think it's worth going back there for a day of relief. Thanks again, Cat!

Z
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by DancingZorba View Post
    Thx so much for the info, Cat....I very much appreciate it. If I keep going this way, I'm going to add a lot of weight. I was once a HUGE gym rat and I know how to diet and train, but I get these awful hunger pains. I can drink some water to get some temporary relief....but if I don't swallow solid food, I end up vomiting with bad stomach aches. I don't know if my body is trying to "restore" itself to how I was before....searching for those nutrients, or is this all part of the long WD song?

Sleep is getting better....I only slept for 4 MAYBE 5 hrs a day in the past. When I was on my pain meds, I would get a solid 6-7 hrs. I'm back to about 3-4 again. I was worried that my GI issues might be from lactose.....but I cut dairy and it's still there. Every day does seem to get a little better, but the GI issues and hunger pains really really suck. I just started training again and I get light headed real easy. I suppose it just takes time and I should be careful. Oh and the sneezing....I know it doesn't sound all that bad. Many actually like how a sneeze episode feels. Not me....it KILLS my back and causes it to sting for a solid hour or so. If I have to....it feels better on my back doing so while laying down with a pillow under my knees.

Anyway.....as I had expected. My back pain really is back with a vengeance. To be honest, I really don't know what the pain management doctor can do for me. They all told me to go under the knife. I exhausted all options before starting my pain meds a few years back. Nothing worked....sadly. I did talk with one of my docs, he did say there might be ways to achieve some temporary relief....but he emphasized the word "temporary". I think by now I have learned how to minimize my pain the best I can. I know what to and what not to do with my body. How to reach for something, how to best use stairs, what position to sleep in, etc. All other meds I was given failed. And I knew this would happen....part of me was hoping that it might not be as bad....but it is. I just have to come to terms with my situation. I refuse to risk rolling around in a wheelchair for the rest of my life....and I won't even have a poppy bagel (kidding). So I guess it is what it is. Was told to try acupuncture.....may as well.

Last thing....I don't crave the pain meds anymore. My back does. My days are the worst when it's raining and humid out. Like today. And as much as I know that those meds will help me, I just can't. I was in a dark place for 3 years....I don't think it's worth going back there for a day of relief. Thanks again, Cat!

Z

Good Morning,

Not much you can do about the sneezing. Sorry! It'll get better eventually but I know that doesn't help you right now.

Are you sure that those are hunger pains? It sounds to me that it's related to the GI issues that you are still experiencing. Ming (not sure if you've ever read her thread) had stomach issues for a while even after she completed her taper. Uncle Leo too and Ming found that a little cider vinegar in the morning really helped relieve those stomach pains. She suggested that to Leo and it helped him too. Take a look at both of their threads. I think Ming posted some suggestions to Uncle Leo a little over a year ago if I'm remembering correctly because I think it was around the time that Uncle Leo completed his taper. It's worth a try.

Peace,

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Good Morning,

Not much you can do about the sneezing. Sorry! It'll get better eventually but I know that doesn't help you right now.

Are you sure that those are hunger pains? It sounds to me that it's related to the GI issues that you are still experiencing. Ming (not sure if you've ever read her thread) had stomach issues for a while even after she completed her taper. Uncle Leo too and Ming found that a little cider vinegar in the morning really helped relieve those stomach pains. She suggested that to Leo and it helped him too. Take a look at both of their threads. I think Ming posted some suggestions to Uncle Leo a little over a year ago if I'm remembering correctly because I think it was around the time that Uncle Leo completed his taper. It's worth a try.

Peace,

Cat
    I have always had a terrible stomach. I did read those threads.....but honestly, the pains do go away immediately after 2 or so bites. I can chug a large glass of water and that will help for a few minutes, but if I don't eat....I might throw that water up. Many many years ago when I was an avid body builder....some sups often caused hunger pains. And they feel identical. I'll give the cider vinegar a shot though.....who knows? But I have been eating a great deal more...and I feel bloated at times. But if I don't eat....I feel like garbage. Ugh....hope it goes away. I wake up every AM starving....if I don't eat right away, I vomit a little.

Z

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Zorba
    I eat when I'm hungry. That's best. Sounds too easy.
    Mindful eating. Small meals. Whenever we like...

Bsage is offline New Member

I had MAJOR hunger pains after I went off subutex! Right under my rib cage. I thought I was just going crazy. And they HURT! Not like, "oh i'm hungy." Like CRAZY hungry! I've never felt like that before. I finally switched my diet to no carbs and tried the keto diet (high fat, moderate protein, low carbs) and it's helped a lot. I've been off subs for 6 months and while I was going through withdrawals, I lost weight. But 3 months later, I had gained 20 lbs! YUCK!! I don't know if my pains went away from my diet change or just because of time. You'd think with all the diarrhea I still had, it would have helped my weight gain not be so drastic. Hang in there!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-14-2017 at 04:58 PM.