Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ming23
question about stopping 8day suboxen habit
    third times a charm is offline Junior Member

Default question about stopping 8day suboxen habit

Ok so I was taking about 150-200 mg of oxy a day for like months and decided it was getting out of control. So someone recommended suboxen for detox. Not honestly knowing how suboxen worked all I heard no painfully detox experience lol. Its been 8 days on about 6mg the first 4 days and mainly about 4 mgs the last 4. If I quit tomorrow will I go through detox if I do? I've read suboxen has extended life and takes 3-5 days for withdrawals. I didn't want to trade one addiction for another smh. Any advice at this point would be appreciated ☺.

Kitteh is offline New Member

Hello Third,
    Before I started sub treatment I called a rehab place that takes addicts down with subs in five days! I think there is discomfort but maybe not as bad as cold turkey wd? I would check the taper plan at the top of the page. Basically you drop 25% every four days or as soon as you are stable in your dose. Good luck!
    Someone should be around who knows more than I. The weekends can be slow.
    Kitteh

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by third times a charm View Post
    Ok so I was taking about 150-200 mg of oxy a day for like months and decided it was getting out of control. So someone recommended suboxen for detox. Not honestly knowing how suboxen worked all I heard no painfully detox experience lol. Its been 8 days on about 6mg the first 4 days and mainly about 4 mgs the last 4. If I quit tomorrow will I go through detox if I do? I've read suboxen has extended life and takes 3-5 days for withdrawals. I didn't want to trade one addiction for another smh. Any advice at this point would be appreciated ☺.
    Hey Third!
    Imho, i would just stop NOW.
    You haven't taken any pills in a week so that's great. What ur friend didn't tell you is that u could've taken a Much smaller dose of subs. Probably about 1-2 mg or less. You are on way too high a dose.
    Just stop now.
    The pills are short-acting opiates but the subs have a half-life of about 72 hours. You will be in a much worse situation if u get addicted to the subs, hence, i suggest strongly that u quit now.
    You wanna play? You gotta pay! There is no such thing as a completely painless detox and you Don't want to trade up!
    Quit now before you get in too deep. A sub detox can be hellish.
    You can do this!!
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hey Third,

Mystery solved! You started two threads. Abandon one of them and post your updates and questions on the other. It gets confusing really fast if you have more than one thread.

Peace,

Cat

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Third,

Ming mentioned that you haven't taken anything in a few days? That wasn't my understanding. I posted a reply on your other thread (see what I mean? lol). If it's true that you haven't taken anything, I would totally agree with Ming and you can disregard most of the small novel I wrote on your other thread.

Update us please. Are you currently taking 4 mg of sub per day or has it been several days without anything? Huge difference with the advice you are going to get!

Peace,

Cat

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Cat!
    I meant that the person hadn't taken any Pills (oxys) for a week. Sorry. They took 8 mg subs for 4 days and 6 mg for four days as i recall.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-28-2016 at 11:19 AM.