Quick question - nicotine use and taking suboxone sublingual films
    dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

Default Quick question - nicotine use and taking suboxone sublingual films

I remember reading somewhere in my research on suboxone that you want to avoid any nicotine whatsoever in the 30min prior to using a tongue film just like you want to avoid drinking and eating.

I have a electronic cig machine that I keep around and constantly use throughout the course of the day. Been trying to avoid it around the times I take the suboxone, and wanted to research the issue again and what I found on Google is that there isn't nearly that much stuff telling you to avoid the nicotine prior to suboxone use. It seemed like maybe one page I found really hammered the point but it's not plastered all over Google when you search the topic.

Any opinions or knowledge about using ecig with nicotine prior to using a suboxone tongue strip?

I used a ecig for about 6 months and at higher doses it didn't matter at lower doses I only don't use while I have subs in my mouth other then that I've never noticed any decrease in the subs..

But I suppose it would depend on what nicotine Level your at also
    I'm on the lowest amount of nicotine you can buy with out mixing.

Vladberman is offline Member

Shoot it's crazy. All 3 of us vape too huh? Lol more things in common than I thought haha. Don't tell me you both are males in early 30s

I was gonna post smth about ecig/vape too. It feels like I OD on nicotine while on sub. I realized that I vape more than usual while on subs and actually went up in nicotine intake I think (can't really tell how much u puff using those things, IMO). I def have to cut down on nicotine. It gives me that unnecessary anxiety I feel like...

Quote Originally Posted by Vladberman View Post
    Shoot it's crazy. All 3 of us vape too huh? Lol more things in common than I thought haha. Don't tell me you both are males in early 30s

I was gonna post smth about ecig/vape too. It feels like I OD on nicotine while on sub. I realized that I vape more than usual while on subs and actually went up in nicotine intake I think (can't really tell how much u puff using those things, IMO). I def have to cut down on nicotine. It gives me that unnecessary anxiety I feel like...
    Haha, I don't vape vlad, but I smoke cigarettes and honestly, I've smoked up until 1 min prior to taking my sub dose. I usually drink a bottle or half of water after the smoke and then down the hatch the sub goes! Once fully dissolved, I have another smoke about 5 min after the sub. It's kind of weird...just like yourself, I have been smoking alot more cigarettes while on subs, I mean I definitely cut down from how much I used to smoke while on my doc (up to 2-3 packs a day) but now I am down to 1-2 packs. Aiming to get back to half a pack then quit, kinda like tapering off subs, but as they say, one thing at a time. Have to finish sub taper first prior to tackling quitting smoking lol! Good luck and God Bless