Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
Quitting methadone with sub taper
    MrJones is offline Member

Thanks a lot. I'm pretty much betting the farm that is the case. Any way you look at it, coming off two months of sub has to be better than 2+ years of done. After today, I'd almost consider trying a half or three quarters tomorrow. But the plan says 4 days, so I dunno what the general consensus would be. I may just take half, then keep the other two quarters on me in case I need one or both of them. Or maybe take 3/4, and keep the other 1/4 on hand. That actually sounds more like what you suggested. We'll see how things go. Thanks again for all the advice.

hopesoon is offline Member

Randy35, It's funny you mention the dosing as I was just thinking about this today and wanted to ask someone. I've been dosing once per day, so far I tried both and haven't noticed a difference so I decided on once per day to avoid cutting issues while really low. Why do you suggest once per day? I have heard this before but wondered why. Is it just to help get out of the habit of taking meds certain times of day? I have heard the before but wondered if that is the only reason.

I am curious because I noticed especially at low doses some people need to dose 2 or even more times per day. Just this morning i thought what if it is bad as in maybe other peoples bodies are eliminating it quicker than mine, and I could possibly have a longer road because of that? I really have no clue, it's just a nervous thought that occurred to me today. Hopefully I'm totally off base here!

Sorry mrjones for getting a little off topic on your thread. I'm glad things went well with your transition to sub!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-21-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
    Thanks a lot. I'm pretty much betting the farm that is the case. Any way you look at it, coming off two months of sub has to be better than 2+ years of done. After today, I'd almost consider trying a half or three quarters tomorrow. But the plan says 4 days, so I dunno what the general consensus would be. I may just take half, then keep the other two quarters on me in case I need one or both of them. Or maybe take 3/4, and keep the other 1/4 on hand. That actually sounds more like what you suggested. We'll see how things go. Thanks again for all the advice.
    Try not to reduce TOO much when beginning the taper. I have read where others have reduced their dose too much, felt lousy and had some tough symptoms, then felt the need to take an additional dose to compensate for it. Then you feel defeated by doing that. Know what I mean. You want to keep reducing slowly and steady for optimal results.

If you follow Robert's taper plan it calls for a 25% reduction in dose every 4 or so days. If you followed those directions a 25% reduction from 1mg would be a dose of .75mg.

I've said it here before that I began reducing by .25mg increments once I was down to a dose of 2mg. I was on a high dose of 8mg inducting from methadone. I went from 2mg to 1.75 to 1.50 and so on until I was down to a dose of .125mg and then jumped. But it turns out a 25% reduction from 1mg is the same as I was doing - .75mg. I honestly believe you should follow the plan and make your reductions 25%. If you reduce the 1mg by HALF that would be a dose of .50mg and probably too much of a drop the first time. Again, it's all up to you of course. I only suggest.

Glad to hear you're doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by hopesoon View Post
    Randy35, It's funny you mention the dosing as I was just thinking about this today and wanted to ask someone. I've been dosing once per day, so far I tried both and haven't noticed a difference so I decided on once per day to avoid cutting issues while really low. Why do you suggest once per day? I have heard this before but wondered why. Is it just to help get out of the habit of taking meds certain times of day? I have heard the before but wondered if that is the only reason.

I am curious because I noticed especially at low doses some people need to dose 2 or even more times per day. Just this morning i thought what if it is bad as in maybe other peoples bodies are eliminating it quicker than mine, and I could possibly have a longer road because of that? I really have no clue, it's just a nervous thought that occurred to me today. Hopefully I'm totally off base here!

Sorry mrjones for getting a little off topic on your thread. I'm glad things went well with your transition to sub!!
    My answer is based on my own experience, and what I have read on this forum in many, many threads and posts. With that said I would suggest you dose once per day for 2 main reasons - The half life of subs is usually believed to be from 24 hours (minimum) to as long as 72 hours in most people. Therefore a single one-time dose in the morning would surely last until the following morning, 24 hours later. It's so much a "mental" thing where we addicts usually took our drug of choice more than once per day - and usually several times a day. Don't need to do that with subs, but we feel the "need" to dose more than once based on our past experiences.

Get away from addictive behavior and dose only once. And yes, you should also take your subs at the same time everyday. Get in the habit of taking it in the morning and go about your day with work or whatever you usually do. You will find the sub will last until the following day, the half life will make sure of it.

Thanks for your question and best wishes to you!
    iloerose likes this.

Randy, thanks for your advice. I reached the same conclusion, so I dosed at 0.75 today and I feel great. I've been catching up on some overdue household chores all morning. I see exactly what you're saying about dropping too fast, but if I'm looking for the lowest effective dose, I am still probably above that even at 0.75. Regardless, I'll stay here for the 4 days to begin my taper then. Thanks again for everything; I'll write again later this afternoon.
    Randy35 likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Randy, thanks for your advice. I reached the same conclusion, so I dosed at 0.75 today and I feel great. I've been catching up on some overdue household chores all morning. I see exactly what you're saying about dropping too fast, but if I'm looking for the lowest effective dose, I am still probably above that even at 0.75. Regardless, I'll stay here for the 4 days to begin my taper then. Thanks again for everything; I'll write again later this afternoon.
    Hey there. Good to see your induction went well. I'm pretty surprised you were able to stabilize at 1 mg and are now taking .75 mg. Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing. But usually we see people needing a bit more at first. Don't get into a rush. Make absolutely certain that you're stable before every drop. Stay at each dose for at least 4 full days. Reducing before becoming stable will likely cause problems throughout your whole taper.

You're doing great. Keep it up!

All the best,
    Kat
    Randy35 and Ken2727 like this.

Absolutely. The last thing I need to do is mess this up. Its funny you mentioned not getting in a rush, cus I just realized that I was counting down days and everything already. Just a little anxious I guess. This has to work, as I'm sure you know. How are things going for you? Did you jump?!

melindau is offline Member

LOL.. dont be worried about counting the days.. I counted down to minutes! that's kinda a good thing... your getting excited!
    happy day to you!
    Melinda

Absolutely. The last thing I need to do is mess this up. Its funny you mentioned not getting in a rush, cus I just realized that I was counting down days and everything already. Just a little anxious I guess. This has to work, as I'm sure you know. How are things going for you? Did you jump?!
    Yep, slow and steady is the way to go with a Sub taper. Don't worry, all will be well as long as you follow the plan.

Yes, I jumped! Today is my "Day 1"! I'm so excited to finally be done...can't quite put it into words. I'm having symptoms but they're not horrible.

Have a good night,
    Kat
    melindau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by melindau View Post
    LOL.. dont be worried about counting the days.. I counted down to minutes! that's kinda a good thing... your getting excited!
    happy day to you!
    Melinda
    I know! I just wish I could be done with this. I expect things will not be too bad until its jump time; then I'll be pulling every card I can. I need to go ahead and set up a doc that will give me some meds to help with symptoms once I jump and all. The plan makes it sound like its smooth sailing after you ween yourself down, but I seriously doubt its going to be easy. But yeah, I am totally excited. I haven't been this optimistic in a long time. Thanks, and a good day to you too.
    melindau likes this.

I know! I just wish I could be done with this. I expect things will not be too bad until its jump time; then I'll be pulling every card I can. I need to go ahead and set up a doc that will give me some meds to help with symptoms once I jump and all. The plan makes it sound like its smooth sailing after you ween yourself down, but I seriously doubt its going to be easy. But yeah, I am totally excited. I haven't been this optimistic in a long time. Thanks, and a good day to you too.
    You shouldn't have too much worry as far as symptoms are concerned when you make your final jump. It's usually those that have been on sub for long periods of time and very high doses that seem to have the most trouble.

I was inducted on 8mg and remained on sub for about 9 months. I had a few bumps in the road for a little over a week after my jump and that was about it. Nothing horrible, just more annoying than anything. You on the other hand inducted on the extremely small dose of 1mg and you're already tapering. I would expect you to have a much easier time than I did. It varies of course person to person, but don't expect things to be that severe. Remain positive and that will help.

The doctor could give you some Clonodine which is a blood pressure med that's used off label to combat detox symptoms. Lots of doctors will prescribe this med if they know their patient is getting off drugs. You could get a sleep aid, but please be overy cautious with that if you do ask for it. Maybe just a few days worth and then let things get back to normal on their own.

No matter what you get there's gonna be some time that needs to pass before things begin to improve.

Hey there. Most people who have followed Robert's taper plan say that the jump is much easier than they expected. The anxiety and anticipation make us think the worst. Read the end of Alex's thread. Sharks Fan and Lincolnecho, too. All of them were on Sub only a few months and had very minimal symptoms after jumping. If you were a long time Sub user it would be more difficult at the end. Have faith!

As far as comfort meds to help with the jump, a lot of docs will give Clonidine, Gabapentin, a non-narcotic muscle relaxer, etc. But lots of people have jumped without any of those meds and were just fine.

Hope you have a good day.
    Kat
    Randy35 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Yep, slow and steady is the way to go with a Sub taper. Don't worry, all will be well as long as you follow the plan.

Yes, I jumped! Today is my "Day 1"! I'm so excited to finally be done...can't quite put it into words. I'm having symptoms but they're not horrible.

Have a good night,
    Kat
    Awesome!!! I really hope today goes well for you. I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but coming off of pills a few years ago was much easier than I thought because I left town for a couple of weeks. I'd say the thought of withdrawals crossed my mind only about once per day, and it never really bothered me; although I did have some "herbal" relaxation assistance. I have no doubt that this will be nowhere near as easy; going through dt's for only three days this week from methadone showed me how bad it could be. But I do think that there is something to be said for mind over matter. I wish you the best for day 2.

I stuck with 0.75 today. 2 more days there, then I'll try my first decrease. I feel like >>>> when I wake up, and dose immediately, but it still takes around 30 min to feel better. I'd always heard it only took around 10 min, but oh well. But anyway, I feel great at this dose. It may be just a little more than what I would like, but I'm here now, so I'll stay the course and try dropping 25% on Monday.

Congrats on your jump. Good luck. Btw, are you taking any meds to reduce symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    You shouldn't have too much worry as far as symptoms are concerned when you make your final jump. It's usually those that have been on sub for long periods of time and very high doses that seem to have the most trouble.

I was inducted on 8mg and remained on sub for about 9 months. I had a few bumps in the road for a little over a week after my jump and that was about it. Nothing horrible, just more annoying than anything. You on the other hand inducted on the extremely small dose of 1mg and you're already tapering. I would expect you to have a much easier time than I did. It varies of course person to person, but don't expect things to be that severe. Remain positive and that will help.

The doctor could give you some Clonodine which is a blood pressure med that's used off label to combat detox symptoms. Lots of doctors will prescribe this med if they know their patient is getting off drugs. You could get a sleep aid, but please be overy cautious with that if you do ask for it. Maybe just a few days worth and then let things get back to normal on their own.

No matter what you get there's gonna be some time that needs to pass before things begin to improve.
    I so hope you're right about the final jump. I suppose I'm a little lucky that I was on meth instead of sub for all that time. Speaking of which, today makes seven days since my last dose of methadone and I'm still feeling great at .75. I got someone else to start the plan today; time will tell if they're taking it as serious as they should though.

I start my first reduction day after tomorrow. As time goes on and I get closer to jumping, I'll find a good doctor to help me out, but I may try some otc stuff for things like sleep aids and others. Thank you all and I wish all of you the best.

I've been meaning to update my thread for quite a while, but haven't gotten around to it. I can't believe that over a month has passed, and I'm very near the end of my taper. Honestly, until just a few days ago, I hadn't had ANY adverse symptoms coming from tapering. I've tried to stick to the plan like clockwork, but there were a few times, when I was sick with a sinus infection and subsequent ear and throat infection, that I didn't realize I was taking twice what I was supposed to. I thought to myself, "this looks bigger than normal...Did they start making them bigger or something?" Then, after about three days, I had my aha moment and had to taper more just to get back to where I was before. I guess when it was 6am and my mind was all foggy from the illness I just wasn't thinking right.

Anyway, I'm down to 0.15 mg now, and will drop again tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be seeing the doc to get meds to help with withdrawals. This past Saturday I waited a few hours to dose, just to see how I felt; it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I so hope jumping will be bearable.

I've been meaning to update my thread for quite a while, but haven't gotten around to it. I can't believe that over a month has passed, and I'm very near the end of my taper. Honestly, until just a few days ago, I hadn't had ANY adverse symptoms coming from tapering. I've tried to stick to the plan like clockwork, but there were a few times, when I was sick with a sinus infection and subsequent ear and throat infection, that I didn't realize I was taking twice what I was supposed to. I thought to myself, "this looks bigger than normal...Did they start making them bigger or something?" Then, after about three days, I had my aha moment and had to taper more just to get back to where I was before. I guess when it was 6am and my mind was all foggy from the illness I just wasn't thinking right.

Anyway, I'm down to 0.15 mg now, and will drop again tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be seeing the doc to get meds to help with withdrawals. This past Saturday I waited a few hours to dose, just to see how I felt; it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I so hope jumping will be bearable.
    Hey there. I was wondering what happened to ya! Good to see an update. Down to .15mg is great! That's the dose I jumped from. Since you've tapered so low, you shouldn't have a hard time with the jump. I highly recommend you do the "skip days" as outlined in the taper plan. It allows the half-life to catch up with itself.

You got this!!
    Kat

Thanks. Yeah, I think I'm going to go down once more and then start skipping days.

Time to find my list of w/d meds to ask the doc about tomorrow.

Thanks. Yeah, I think I'm going to go down once more and then start skipping days.

Time to find my list of w/d meds to ask the doc about tomorrow.
    I was wondering what meds you're asking the doctor for at your appt? Please keep in mind that you're wanting to get OFF drugs and not add more to the mix that may be addicting, or could be abused. If you ask for some Clonodine for example that won't be too bad, but if you're looking to get a sleep aid or any of the benzo's I wold only caution you to be very, very careful. No judgement here, I would just hate to see you get in trouble with another pill. Let us know what you're asking the doctor for.

I'm NOT saying a benzo or prescription sleep aid can't be helpful. If you use extreme caution, and only get 4-5 pills of either that may not be too bad. I've seen others getting off drugs only to get addicted to another drug they thought would help them. I've personally seen it happen.

Your plan to taper further sounds good! I think you taking Kat's suggestion to skip days will definitely pay off for you when the time comes to jump. That and you tapering very low should equal a very soft landing giving you very minimal symptoms, if any. Good job MrJones!

Thanks Randy. Yeah, Clonodine was the big one I was thinking of. I thought I'd saved a short list in my favorites or something, but I guess not. I googled it and found most of what I'd found before, but apparently most of it is otc anyway. I had thought about asking for Valium or something like it before, but kinda discarded the notion since docs around here would rather face a firing squad than prescribe anything habit forming. I think instead I'll wait until I jump then see how the sleeping goes; if it does get bad I may ask for ambien or something. I'm typically a really heavy sleeper, so maybe it wont be too bad.

But for some reason I was thinking there were 2 or 3 meds I was going to ask for. Looks like only one, and they may have ones they prescribe often, with good feedback. Have you posted what you used anywhere?

Thanks Iluv2. That's incredible, going from 24 to just over 1mg!!! Good for you. Thanks for reminding me of neurontin. I've known people who used to take it to keep from being sick. That may be something that will help a lot. I DID have the Thomas recipe saved. I think that may have been the only one I did find; though I don't know why I was thinking there were more prescription meds than that. I'll grab all the otc stuff when I go to the pharmacy.

I think PAWS is what I've dreaded most of all. I had a friend who tapered VERY low on methadone and quit without anything to help, and he explained how it was close to a year before he felt "normal" again. Ever since I went those three or four days without in order to induce I've seen life in a whole new light, and I think the empowerment I've felt since has been the single best thing for me so far. Like the fog lifted, and I realized how far off course I'd strayed.

All of that has shown me the power the mind has over the body. I don't think there has been more than one or two days throughout the entire taper that I've felt "bad" or at least enough to notice it; although that was more likely due to a virus more than anything else. I'll dose in the morning and never think about it again until the next morning. Others I've tried to talk into doing the same thing have ALL had their excuses for not tapering, but I believe the missing element is the will to achieve. It depressed the **** out of me for a long time that I used to be the standout figure among my peers, only to take a step back and realize how far I'd fallen. But those few days without anything allowed me to see that it can be recovered after all, and rekindled that competitive spirit.

Since beginning my taper, I've exercised almost daily (more than I'd done in the last four years combined probably). I did miss that "runner's high", and its great for allowing me to spend time with my son. I can definitely see the difference from when I first began methadone to a year or so later. I was really on top of things at first, but as time went on complacency steadily crept in, and after two years of it I'd lost all of the competitive spark that had once driven me. I am so glad to have found that again. Although I'm nowhere near as athletic as I once was, I do have the drive to get up and attack the day in every sense; something that I've been without for a long time.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, but I do agree that planning for the worst but expecting the best will help tremendously, and I do expect the very best from myself as well. Adopting the CARPE DIEM mentality seems to be working, so I'm going to stick with it.

Thank you, and everyone else, for all the advice and support. I wish you the best of luck with your taper; just put your head down and keep grinding one inch at a time.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

I called yesterday to get an appt but was told to call back this morning. Now they said they only had one appt for today, but had already been booked this morning. You'd think a rehab place in an area with such widespread abuse would have more than one slot per day.

I called a primary care physician yesterday and was told they "do not do that" there. Does everyone else go to their primary care or what? Just wondering if I can eliminate a lot of the trial and error trying to get this done. I don't really have a regular doc, but there's a clinic I take my kid to just down the road, but I didn't want to go there if I didn't have to.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there
    I go to my regular doctor for the clonipine and neurontin.
    The only times I have used them is when I was trying to taper on methadone.
    I couldn't do it but I kept the meds in case cuz I knew I don't want to stay on the sub to long.

The methadone took everything from me including my soul. That is what it felt like anyway.
    I had no ambition.. no goals ....nothing.
    Somehow by the grace of God I managed to go through the induction onto sub.
    And get at least 70% of . My old self back.
    I am loving it and It is getting better every day.

I think if you have to wait a week or 2 to get an appointment you will be ok.
    You may not need them at all.
    There are a lot of natural supplements that help.
    I will check back later.
    Take care
    You are doing great!

Iluv2

I want to correct what I said . I forgot how low you are already .
    If you have to wait 2 weeks to get an appointment.
    Hopefully u won't need one by then.
    I know you said you don't want to go where u take your son.
    Do u have an urgent care or something like that?
    If u start to feel bad and need something more than OTC meds they usually don't have a problem prescribing clonidine. It is a blood pressure med and off label it is used and helps opiate detox.
    They have been using it to detox for years.
    I know it is probably not the ideal situation to wait till you need it to get it .
    I would just take the soonest appt you can get with your doctor and if you need it sooner. check out urgent care or even an ER.
    Where I work we use it for that quite frequently!

Whatever we have to do..... we will keep on truck in!
    Iluv2

I think you and I are very much alike with regard to this plan. That's fantastic that you are feeling like your old self again, and I hope it only gets better from here. I've called ever day this week and am told every time that they only had one appt for the next day and its just been booked. So forget them. Looks like I'll just bite the bullet and go to the local clinic. I'm a little weary of going to the urgent care or ER here because of how bad opiate abuse is here, and most docs won't even go near you. I tried to set up an appt with a family doc on Monday and was told "they don't do that there." The ER here is renowned for being shotty at best, and giving drug tests to anyone with an injury as opposed to an illness, then threatening to turn them over to the police for not disclosing drug use afterward.

I've never been there for that, but I have a tendency to get in a docs a** for being less than eager to help. My wife hates to have e go with her to the doc because she says I argue with them. The way I see it, if they cant explain things to me, then they don't understand it enough themselves to make accurate judgments. This is the same hospital that released me with a broken vertebrae in my neck several years ago, presumably because they inferred I only wanted pain meds. I went to another local hospital and they did the same. Only when I went to a hospital out of state did they find it almost immediately.

Today has been kinda rough. Its day two of my latest taper and just like this past weekend, I feel pretty down. Maybe its a coincidence that its day two again, but maybe not. If not, its funny how it was basically smooth sailing the whole time until now at the very end. I went down to 0.1 instead of whatever 75% of 0.15 is. I wouldn't think it would make that big of a difference. I'll just suck it up today and see if tomorrow is any better. Just keep grinding, one day, one task at a time.

I did get a one a day vitamin today, but will wait on the other stuff in the Thomas recipe until I can get to a pharmacy. I really didn't feel like driving into town today. Maybe tomorrow.

Oh I know what you mean about doctors and ERs attitudes..
    If you google amino acids and opiate withdrawals it will give up an explanation of what they do.
    I ended up ordering the essential amino acids capsules on the shopping channel HSN..
    I like the creator of these his name is Andrew Lessman..
    He is also an attorney so he is very careful with what he promises.
    I like that..

And I totally believe that is what I need because amino acids are building blocks for endorphins..they require protein.
    I know I don't eat enough protein so the amino acids provide that protein..

Have you ever been on Drug forum. Com? There is an awesome article about PAWS on there.
    Written by a guy called Richard. I think if u google post acute withdrawals. You will see richards thread .
    There is so much good info about increasing our own endorphins.
    That is where the pain comes from when we stop addictive meds./opiates ..
    Hope all is well today! I will check back later!
    Go Team Taper !

Bet/iluv2

Well, only one more day, then I start skipping days. Its making me a little nervous and excited at the same time. Its kinda like before a big game when there's nothing more you can do until game time. The preparation is done, the stage is set, all that's left to do is go out and get it done. I kinda wish I were jumping completely instead of skipping days, but it'll be for the best.

Still haven't been able to get in to the one doc's office, but I have some errands to run tomorrow, so I think I'll just walk in somewhere and try to argue my case to whatever doc I do get to see. Thanks Bet for the advice. I don't know if you can get the amino acids otc, but I'll be going there tomorrow anyway so I'll check. I'll check there first, before going to the doc, on the off chance I have to get them there.

I was thinking about going back to NA consistently. I had met a few really cool people there. Although I kinda got the impression I was talking a little too much about using, and not enough about not using. When the thunder comes I'll need all the help I can get.

I guess I could say that I'm anxious to jump. I WANT to beat this so bad, I almost cant wait any longer. I've endured extreme physical demands before, and I could feed off of outperforming others, almost like saying to myself "there goes another one, if I can beat him I can beat the next one, then the next one," and keep grinding until its over. Not that I'm saying I wish anyone to fail here; on the contrary, this addiction is our enemy, and before this is over I'm going to make it my bow for ever touching me in the first place.

I am still so surprised at how little the taper has affected me. I have not felt "bad" hardly at all, maybe a combined total of just a few hours this whole time. I've exercised more in the past two months than I had in the last four years. I don't think there's much more I could have done to get ready. But none of it matters unless I can apply what I've learned during this time when it really counts. So thanks to everyone for all the encouragement and advice.

***forgot to mention that I'd heard of mixing orange juice with honey, and microwaving it and then drinking it, to help with w/d symptoms. Anyone else ever heard of that?

Vitamin c does help ..

If you go to a vitamin store like GNC or sprouts something like that they will have amino acids..
    Hopefully you will read about them first.. The acronym is GOAL that is the names of the AA I got.
    just google amino acids GOAL . It will tell you the 4 different kind of AA and the benifits

We get impatient but this is gonna be over before you know it..
    We want this to be the last time right..

I go to AA myself and am in a workshop group .
    I am not even allowed to share till I get through the 1st 3 steps..
    My workshop is very structured.
    We take 1 year to go through the first 3 steps..
    We read every page in the AA book..
    I have learned more this time in 5 months than I ever learned in my previous years of sobriety..
    I am in the 7 th group to go through this workshop,
    It originated in LA I am in San Diego..
    We are doing the steps like the first 130 people did when AA came to be.
    I did not even know that the Drs that wrote the first 3 steps were not even alcoholics..
    Plus the reason we don't share in the beginning is because I don't have the solution yet..
    If someone comes to a meeting and hears me sharing about all kinds of crazy stuff that might take away the
    little bit of hope they had when they walked !in the door..
    Makes sense I used to hear people share. I would think if that is what clean is I would rather be using..
    I am judgmental . So I would judge the people and look for the differences instead of the similarities..
    Now I can look for the similarities..

We are on the 1st half of the 1st of the 1st step..
    Isn't that great ?
    We are going to a woman's conference this weekend .
    I love my sponsor .. She is a retired cop!
    She has heard it all! Just what I need..

I hope you have a great weekend .
    So be patient .
    You got this !
    Go Team Taper!
    We rock!!

Bet/ iluv2

Sorry to hijack your thread I was thinking it was mine..
    Must be the sub..lol
    Pretty soon we won't have the sub to blame everything on...

I really think your exercising is helping a lot!
    No 1 choice to detox quicker and get healthly faster!
    I was exercising till I broke 4 toes on my left foot at work.
    I get my cast off in 7 days ! Thank God!

No worries. Hijack away if you want.

Its finally time to stop going down and start skipping days.. Tomorrow I skip my first day. I believe I've been thinking about it way too much today because I've been feeling sick more today than usual. I felt a little sick this morning, and by 9am I was fine. I had to go do some things and was fine all day, then took a nap this evening and woke up around 9:30, and felt terrible. I took a long hot shower and feel better, but still a little blah.

I went to the doc today and was told no. He gave me a referral to a colleague who might squeeze me in in a couple of weeks or something. I'll probably go ahead and call them Monday anyway, just to see. I also went shopping for otc meds. I got an amino acid supplement but they didn't have GOAL, so I just bought the GNC brand. It has three of the four that GOAL has.

I've got a lot of work to do between now and Monday morning, so hopefully I can force myself to focus and forget about not having dosed tomorrow.

Btw, my Dad's a retired cop too. I went by and spoke with him today and it dawned on me that I had convinced myself for years that he couldn't tell when I was messed up, but now I can't believe he couldn't have.

Thanks. Hope you have a good time this weekend.

First skip day, and it hasn't been good, but not as bad as I had anticipated either. I tried playing some soccer this morning, but after an hour or so I was tired. I did feel better than before though. Got lazy afterward though, and just now finally drug my butt away from college football to get some work done.

The thought had crossed my mind that if I don;t feel any worse tomorrow, I might skip then too. Any of you guys/ gals who've completed the plan want to chime in on that idea?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast