Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes
Quitting Suboxone after taper, would like input?
    weanqueen is offline Member

Post Quitting Suboxone after taper, would like input?

Hello, new here. Just on my journey to quitting suboxone.

I started taking it March 31st, so I’ve been on 1mg for 42 days now. I am on literally baby crumbs right now. I can’t tell you when I began to taper (started when I realized I only had one left), but I’d say I’m at about maybe 0.125mg?

Anyway, I’ve tried to skip days between doses and I always fail. I end up with the cold sweats, rls, sneezes like 5 in a row, headache, fatigue like a mofo, my body feels 800lbs.

So I have a few chips left that I can get crumbles off of I guess to help me for when I can’t handle it or have to go somewhere, but I want to try to just power through this.

I don’t have and cannot get any herbs or medicines to help me, besides valerian root and imodium.

How long or how bad does anyone anticipate my WD’s being? I know that you cannot tell me how it’s going to be, but I just would like an idea, or if someone has jumped from my similar situation, how your time went. I’m female, 5’0” @ 90lbs, 23 years old.

I’m sick of waking up everyday needing a pill. I don’t even want to go back to norco or oxy when I’m sick from suboxone, I just want to be OFF. Just a little scared. any help and I love you! xo

PS: if anyone has an email they want to give me so that I can use them as kind of a diary and to have someone to talk to while I”m going through this that would be amazing. I watch a lot of youtube videos. Sometimes I just wonder if everyone is just stronger than me. Anyway, tata! xo
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by weanqueen View Post
    Hello, new here. Just on my journey to quitting suboxone.

I started taking it March 31st, so I’ve been on 1mg for 42 days now. I am on literally baby crumbs right now. I can’t tell you when I began to taper (started when I realized I only had one left), but I’d say I’m at about maybe 0.125mg?

Anyway, I’ve tried to skip days between doses and I always fail. I end up with the cold sweats, rls, sneezes like 5 in a row, headache, fatigue like a mofo, my body feels 800lbs.

So I have a few chips left that I can get crumbles off of I guess to help me for when I can’t handle it or have to go somewhere, but I want to try to just power through this.

I don’t have and cannot get any herbs or medicines to help me, besides valerian root and imodium.

How long or how bad does anyone anticipate my WD’s being? I know that you cannot tell me how it’s going to be, but I just would like an idea, or if someone has jumped from my similar situation, how your time went. I’m female, 5’0” @ 90lbs, 23 years old.

I’m sick of waking up everyday needing a pill. I don’t even want to go back to norco or oxy when I’m sick from suboxone, I just want to be OFF. Just a little scared. any help and I love you! xo

PS: if anyone has an email they want to give me so that I can use them as kind of a diary and to have someone to talk to while I”m going through this that would be amazing. I watch a lot of youtube videos. Sometimes I just wonder if everyone is just stronger than me. Anyway, tata! xo
    Welcome to the forum. You have to try and give us a more accurate time line of your sub usage/dosage? You said -
    "I started taking it March 31st, so I’ve been on 1mg for 42 days now. I am on literally baby crumbs right now. I can’t tell you when I began to taper (started when I realized I only had one left), but I’d say I’m at about maybe 0.125mg?"
    The way I read this is that you have been on subs at 1mg/day for 42 days since March 31st? So you been taking 1mg of sub per day up until roughly May 11th? We need to know exactly when your last 1mg dose was, how long did you taper, how fast and by how much? This information is very important and crucial so we can give you the best advice and what to expect? Update when you can? Take care... God bless us all!

PS
    Unfortunately we are unable to exchange personal information (email, etc.) due to forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. You have to try and give us a more accurate time line of your sub usage/dosage? You said -
    "I started taking it March 31st, so I’ve been on 1mg for 42 days now. I am on literally baby crumbs right now. I can’t tell you when I began to taper (started when I realized I only had one left), but I’d say I’m at about maybe 0.125mg?"
    The way I read this is that you have been on subs at 1mg/day for 42 days since March 31st? So you been taking 1mg of sub per day up until roughly May 11th? We need to know exactly when your last 1mg dose was, how long did you taper, how fast and by how much? This information is very important and crucial so we can give you the best advice and what to expect? Update when you can? Take care... God bless us all!

PS
    Unfortunately we are unable to exchange personal information (email, etc.) due to forum rules.
    I am trying to post my response and it keeps saying " You don't have permission to access "http://www.drugs.com/forum/newreply.php?" on this server." I'm very confused

Edit: but this one worked! maybe my answer was too long. I'll keep trying

I am trying to post my response and it keeps saying " You don't have permission to access "http://www.drugs.com/forum/newreply.php?" on this server." I'm very confused

Edit: but this one worked! maybe my answer was too long. I'll keep trying
    I don't understand why it won't let me reply..

PS
    Hi Ricky, thank you so much for replying!! I'm trying this again, hopefully it works this time.

My very last 1mg dose was on about April 29th, from there, I waited until I wasn't feeling well, and I took about 0.125MG, and I stayed there until about 2 days ago. Now I'm at about 1/2 or even 1/4 of 0.125MG every 15 hours. It's hard to tell the exact MG because they are pieces of an 8MG pill.

I have about 6-8 of that dose left (1/2 or 1/4 of 0.125mg), and I'm wondering if I should maybe go 16 hours next time, then 17 hours, then 18 hours, etc, and then stop once I am out? I don't know the best way to do this and I am expecting some pain. RLS makes me INSANE though :/

I want to go off completely, but I'm scared of how bad it will get. Maybe it won't even be that bad and I'm just psyching myself out and making it all the worse :/

I hope this was easy to understand! Hope it goes through too!

PS: Oh man! That's ok, just the fact that you replied gave me some hope at least. xo
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-13-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Hi queen. Agree with Ricky. I would read dsh's thread (one of the top 5). The acute withdrawal is typically 7 days (supposedly). Then there is a short honeymoon phase of a few days then for the next 15-20 days there is more of a lead suit type funk. But the longer you stay on subs, the harder it's going to be. You are young so I would go ahead and jump (stop taking the subs). It's not going to be painless, because t the biggest part is that you come up with a support system- therapists, NA or AA meetings, etc. don't give up if you don't find the right meetings- they are all different. Some will not be for you- just give them a chance. Either that or you need family support. Remember to flush all your pain meds and that you disassociate with people, places, and things that are associated with your prior using.

Quote Originally Posted by Justfortodaytx View Post
    Hi queen. Agree with Ricky. I would read dsh's thread (one of the top 5). The acute withdrawal is typically 7 days (supposedly). Then there is a short honeymoon phase of a few days then for the next 15-20 days there is more of a lead suit type funk. But the longer you stay on subs, the harder it's going to be. You are young so I would go ahead and jump (stop taking the subs). It's not going to be painless, because t the biggest part is that you come up with a support system- therapists, NA or AA meetings, etc. don't give up if you don't find the right meetings- they are all different. Some will not be for you- just give them a chance. Either that or you need family support. Remember to flush all your pain meds and that you disassociate with people, places, and things that are associated with your prior using.
    Ok, I really believe that we can speak things into existence or trick our brains into thinking things, so I will maybe tell myself that I will be over the worst in 7 days. 7 days? One week of hell to go through to make the rest of my ENTIRE LIFE better. I can do it. It's ok! I think I'm still going to wean until I run out though, only because I think it may help and it'll give me a tiny peace of mind. It's been 15.75 hours since my last baby crumb and I am feeling kinda rough but not that bad at all for what I'm up against, I'm sure.

The mental stuff will be harder. Hopefully by then I can get some 5HTP and gensing and things to help with it.

In April, the person I get the subs from got stuck in San Francisco and I had to wait probably 16 hours since my last dose to get them, and I was in MUCH worse shape by now. That's when I was still at 1MG. I'm actually surprised at how bad I felt last time and how ok I feel now. I have the fatigue like really bad, rls comes and goes and cold sweats come and go as well. It's weird how it comes and goes, with norco withdrawal once it was here, it was here to stay.

I just can't wait to wake up without needing a pill and without needing anything but a redbull and vitamins and I'm good!
    I've decided to make myself get into cycling, I did 2 miles yesterday and I almost passed out 15 minutes afterward, so maybe I'll take it way slower.

I wonder if anyone else has quit in my same situation and had a mild or hard time?

What did you quit from TX? Hope you are clean and doing well still! Thank you so much for replying to me

PS: My sister in law is now on Norcos. She's in the beginning stages of her addiction, so it's still fun for her and she isn't ready to quit. Little bit of denial. I remember being there, so I just leave her alone. I did tell her I'm tired of it and trying to quit, so she won't talk to me about it anymore, but I have no way to avoid her at all. When I look at her, I feel bad for her and I don't want to be that person anymore. It's like something clicked in my brain and I'm just ready to be done. I've told myself I was ready before, but I wasn't, it was just guilt. Now, I'm ready. I can do this.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-13-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks for the info. My doc was fentanyl and norcos. As far as tapering- we'll just have to see. And yes if our brains can trick us of some weird stuff, we should be able to trick ourselves that we can jump and make it. What's the other option?
    weanqueen likes this.

My little brother and sister are here and they go home sunday night, so on Monday I'm going to try to go cold turkey and HOPEFULLY be over the worst of the physical stuff by Friday. I don't have a lot of fat on me, and I heard that it's easier that way for some reason.

Is it ok if i use this website/thread to update on my progress and symptoms, etc.? I am distracted from my symptoms when I am typing and I decided to try to learn guitar. Post Malone covered Don't Think Twice, It's Alright, and it made me cry (what doesn't). It's kind of my song to addiction, so I really want to learn it as soon as I'm capable.

I think cycling and guitar will keep me busy enough to be able to not think about pills anymore once I'm out of detox. I hope. I don't know. I don't know what to expect. I wish I lived alone, no one knows that I have ever had an addiction so I hope I'm not too different once I'm out of detox, they'll definitely notice. But, I'll be better and on my way to a better life, so I guess it's worth it.

Also, I'm very shaky during the WD's. I don't remember being shaky during norco withdrawal and no one online mentions shakiness as a symptom of Suboxone Withdrawal, so I don't know if that's normal or not.

I think the depression already started, or it's just always been there.

I just realized Monday is the 15th. If I can make it through, I'll have 1 month on my birthday! That'll be cool. Maybe. Hopefully. xo

Hi Ricky, thank you so much for replying!! I'm trying this again, hopefully it works this time.

My very last 1mg dose was on about April 29th, from there, I waited until I wasn't feeling well, and I took about 0.125MG, and I stayed there until about 2 days ago. Now I'm at about 1/2 or even 1/4 of 0.125MG every 15 hours. It's hard to tell the exact MG because they are pieces of an 8MG pill.

I have about 6-8 of that dose left (1/2 or 1/4 of 0.125mg), and I'm wondering if I should maybe go 16 hours next time, then 17 hours, then 18 hours, etc, and then stop once I am out? I don't know the best way to do this and I am expecting some pain. RLS makes me INSANE though :/

I want to go off completely, but I'm scared of how bad it will get. Maybe it won't even be that bad and I'm just psyching myself out and making it all the worse :/

I hope this was easy to understand! Hope it goes through too!

PS: Oh man! That's ok, just the fact that you replied gave me some hope at least. xo
    Suboxone/Subutex is not meant to be used symptomatically (on an as needed basis). Subs are a great tool if used correctly but they also can cause problems if they are not used properly! Obviously you know now that you have been using the subs incorrectly. After saying that, you are where you are now and you must move forward.

Those last little crumbs you have are not going to make your jump any easier so it's up to you to take the remaining crumbs or not? No one is going to be able to tell you exactly how bad your symptoms are going to be or how long they will last? I'm assuming that the withdrawals will not be that bad if your dose has been what you said it is? You can use the items in the Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal to help ease your detox symptoms. The recipe does mention using a benzo but it is advised to not use them because they are extremely addictive and it doesn't take long before they can become a big problem so stay away from the benzos!

Here's a link to the Thomas Recipe - https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

Follow the Thomas Recipe (minus the benzos) and drink lots of water to help flush your system! Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if you have any questions and/or concerns? You'll be just fine, your mind can make this worse than it really is so think positively! Wishing you the best of luck... God bless us all!

PS
    Once you kick this always remember that you can't take a pill here and there and think that you'll be able to control it! It doesn't work that way and this is exactly how many, many people relapse!

"One pill is too many and a thousand pills will never be enough"

Suboxone/Subutex is not meant to be used symptomatically (on an as needed basis). Subs are a great tool if used correctly but they also can cause problems if they are not used properly! Obviously you know now that you have been using the subs incorrectly. After saying that, you are where you are now and you must move forward.

Those last little crumbs you have are not going to make your jump any easier so it's up to you to take the remaining crumbs or not? No one is going to be able to tell you exactly how bad your symptoms are going to be or how long they will last? I'm assuming that the withdrawals will not be that bad if your dose has been what you said it is? You can use the items in the Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal to help ease your detox symptoms. The recipe does mention using a benzo but it is advised to not use them because they are extremely addictive and it doesn't take long before they can become a big problem so stay away from the benzos!

Here's a link to the Thomas Recipe - https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

Follow the Thomas Recipe (minus the benzos) and drink lots of water to help flush your system! Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if you have any questions and/or concerns? You'll be just fine, your mind can make this worse than it really is so think positively! Wishing you the best of luck... God bless us all!

PS
    Once you kick this always remember that you can't take a pill here and there and think that you'll be able to control it! It doesn't work that way and this is exactly how many, many people relapse!

"One pill is too many and a thousand pills will never be enough"

I really would love to try the thomas recipe, but unfortunately I'm unable to go out and buy anything. I only have imodium and valerian root.

I think I'm just going to try to go as long as I can without, or since family is here, I'll go cold turkey monday and try to power through. I really hope I can do this.

I'm not sure why someone with an addiction would think they can take one here or there and control it, LOL, seems very silly to me, but thanks for the advice! Think I'm just really ready to be done. I can do it. I'll keep updating as much as I can for anyone who would like to come and read this and get some help from it. Thanks all! xo

I really would love to try the thomas recipe, but unfortunately I'm unable to go out and buy anything. I only have imodium and valerian root.

I think I'm just going to try to go as long as I can without, or since family is here, I'll go cold turkey monday and try to power through. I really hope I can do this.

I'm not sure why someone with an addiction would think they can take one here or there and control it, LOL, seems very silly to me, but thanks for the advice! Think I'm just really ready to be done. I can do it. I'll keep updating as much as I can for anyone who would like to come and read this and get some help from it. Thanks all! xo
    You can do it! At the very least remember to drink lots and lots of water to help flush out your system! Get some magnesium and zinc as soon as you can as these can help with any depression and/or anxiety you may experience. Take care... God bless us all!
    weanqueen likes this.

You can do it! At the very least remember to drink lots and lots of water to help flush out your system! Get some magnesium and zinc as soon as you can as these can help with any depression and/or anxiety you may experience. Take care... God bless us all!
    Does drinking water help it to leave your body faster? I was just trying to eat and all of a sudden I started to sweat and I got this feeling of like impending doom or dread or something...it felt really scary. I think I have some magnesium actually!! I will take some.

Thank you for replying. The doom feeling really scared me and I think it is anxiety? I'm not sure. I'll take some valerian and magnesium and try to go to sleep I wish I lived alone so no one would suspect anything. hmpf. x

Does drinking water help it to leave your body faster? I was just trying to eat and all of a sudden I started to sweat and I got this feeling of like impending doom or dread or something...it felt really scary. I think I have some magnesium actually!! I will take some.

Thank you for replying. The doom feeling really scared me and I think it is anxiety? I'm not sure. I'll take some valerian and magnesium and try to go to sleep I wish I lived alone so no one would suspect anything. hmpf. x
    Ok, these are the vitmains I'll be taking (after dramamine if nausea is present):

Calcium 1200mg
    Vitamin D3 1,000IU
    Iron 65mg
    Magnesium 400mg
    Zinc 15mg
    Fish Oil/Omega-3: 1200mg/360mg
    Vitamin B12 2000mcg
    Valerian Root- 530mg as needed
    Vitamin C: 500mg
    Probiotics
    Saint John's Wort

Not sure if these will help at all, but I hope they help when I am not able to eat at least. Wish I could get Kratom and L-tyrosine but I'll have to tough it out!

I'll update when I can. Hope the magnesium helps with RLS!
    xo

Ok, these are the vitmains I'll be taking (after dramamine if nausea is present):

Calcium 1200mg
    Vitamin D3 1,000IU
    Iron 65mg
    Magnesium 400mg
    Zinc 15mg
    Fish Oil/Omega-3: 1200mg/360mg
    Vitamin B12 2000mcg
    Valerian Root- 530mg as needed
    Vitamin C: 500mg
    Probiotics
    Saint John's Wort

Not sure if these will help at all, but I hope they help when I am not able to eat at least. Wish I could get Kratom and L-tyrosine but I'll have to tough it out!

I'll update when I can. Hope the magnesium helps with RLS!
    xo
    Yes, water will help flush the suboxone out of your system so drink up!

Don't even think about kratom! Getting clean means just that, "Getting Clean"!

Kratom is an addictive substance plain and simple! You would be replacing one addiction for another if you're not careful and then you would have to detox off of the kratom and go through withdrawals that can be just as bad or worse as the original opiate withdrawals would of been?

Here's a link to a member who went through kratom withdrawal - https://www.drugs.com/forum/need-tal...wal-64858.html

Here is some additional information on kratom -
    https://www.drugs.com/illicit/kratom.html

Yes, water will help flush the suboxone out of your system so drink up!

Don't even think about kratom! Getting clean means just that, "Getting Clean"!

Kratom is an addictive substance plain and simple! You would be replacing one addiction for another if you're not careful and then you would have to detox off of the kratom and go through withdrawals that can be just as bad or worse as the original opiate withdrawals would of been?

Here's a link to a member who went through kratom withdrawal - https://www.drugs.com/forum/need-tal...wal-64858.html

Here is some additional information on kratom -
    https://www.drugs.com/illicit/kratom.html
    Oh wow-- I had no idea you could get physically dependent on Kratom and now I'm also reading you can have withdrawals from Valerian Root! eeek! thank you for the link!

I'll skip the Kratom and just go for L-Tyrosine when I can to help with energy, when I quit norcos before, the tyrosine took away RLS completely and made my body not feel 200pounds.

I just took Magnesium, St. John's Wort, Zinc, Vitamin C, and Valerian Root about 45 minutes ago, and I feel great right now! Well, not great, but probably 40x better than I was feeling. My legs feel fine and I don't feel anxiety at alllll. This was my first time taking any of these vitamins, so I'm hoping they'll keep having the same effect. The burning feeling in the back of my arms (weird symptom I've never had before) is gone right now as well.

I have some Ginko Biloba but I don't know if that helps? Going to try to sleep while I feel okay... pray for me!
    Thanks so much for warning me about Kratom, I just read about people saying it took away their withdrawals and they got clean, so I thought it was just an herb, but I'm glad to know about it now as I'm sick of my body being dependent on BS. XO
    Ming23 likes this.

I really love tyrosine. It really helps give me a pick up in the morning when I have the lead suit. Didn't know about the RLS. As far as I know clonodine helps with the RLS and the anxiety/racing heart rate but can make you feel sleepy. But you say clonodine was not an option. I agree with Ricky- do not use Kratom. I have taken it before and it's just as bad as regular opiates. You don't want to trade one habit for another. Is there anyone you can talk with? It would probably help to have a friend or family member or someone who can support you as you come off the subs and help keep you honest. Wishing the best for you!

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Weanqueen
    Welcome!
    Kratom is very addictive and outlawed in its homeland of Thailand. Should be aware!
    All those supplements are ok but in the end, there's no silver bullet and they can affect one adversely potentially. I wound up in hospital when i was taking all those same supps. Not saying don't use them, but it is a short term fix at best. Ricky is right about drinking plenty of water to flush out subs.
    It took me a while after the taper to feel normal again. Whatever normal means. The mind/body will heal given time and no additional challenges like kratom. You're on your way! Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming23 View Post
    Hey Weanqueen
    Welcome!
    Kratom is very addictive and outlawed in its homeland of Thailand. Should be aware!
    All those supplements are ok but in the end, there's no silver bullet and they can affect one adversely potentially. I wound up in hospital when i was taking all those same supps. Not saying don't use them, but it is a short term fix at best. Ricky is right about drinking plenty of water to flush out subs.
    It took me a while after the taper to feel normal again. Whatever normal means. The mind/body will heal given time and no additional challenges like kratom. You're on your way! Hang in there!

Hi tx, thanks for sticking around I love tyrosine too, it works like a miracle, I remember after I quit I thought nothing could help me, but it did. This past time I was trying to wean norcos, when the RLS would start I would take a tyrosine and it would take the RLS away 100%! I really wish I had someone to talk to, no one knows about my addictions so I really don't. I super wish I did though. I don't like to talk about myself a lot though, so I guess I wouldn't utilize them much, it's easier online.

Hi Ming thanks so much for writing! It's like when I feel like giving up and then I see that people have written, it makes me think I can do it. Kinda lame, but maybe that's why meetings work. I wish I could go to some!
    Oh wow, what supplements were you using when you wound up in the hospital? I am very small so that scares me a lot. I'm glad you're clean now. I can't wait to be like day 12. Then I'll know it's OUT of my body and I just have to build myself back up.
    Been an addict since 18 (6 years) don't even know if I have a personality LOL....

Update: I took 4 more valerian root about an hour after the first 2 to try to sleep, and it took me about 1 hours to fall asleep but I finally did and I woke up from a loud noise and I was drooling into my pillow! LOL. Slept about 4 hours. The RLS immediately kicked back in when I woke up, but I didn't wake up in a cold sweat like the night before, so that was good. I feel pretty good other than that. I guess this is day 1 cold turkey? idk, yesterday I had such small pieces early in the day that I don't know if they even helped, they probably did, but I never got out of withdrawal. Now, we wait. I've been eating a lot when I can because I know I may not be able to. I also have like 5 Ensures.

Current symptoms: RLS, driving me crazy, slight headache, back discomfort, tummy trouble (which I had prior) and general sadness. This is the calm before the storm.

Thanks so much to everyone for writing, it really helps me and I really really appreciate it so much<3

Sure, no problem. How are you feeling now? You will have the subs in your system up to 3 or 4 days after you take them so I'd imagine you'll probably know how you feel on Tuesday or Wednesday. If you call the NA hotline in your town, they will get you connected with people and someone will give you a ride if you need one. I bet it will help you stay clean. Just whatever you do, don't think you can go back to using. I quit 25 mcg fentanyl every other day and 7-8 norcos every day. I am down to .5 and while I know I'm not where you are, I plan to be where you are by next weekend. Hang in there- you got this!
    weanqueen likes this.

Sure, no problem. How are you feeling now? You will have the subs in your system up to 3 or 4 days after you take them so I'd imagine you'll probably know how you feel on Tuesday or Wednesday. If you call the NA hotline in your town, they will get you connected with people and someone will give you a ride if you need one. I bet it will help you stay clean. Just whatever you do, don't think you can go back to using. I quit 25 mcg fentanyl every other day and 7-8 norcos every day. I am down to .5 and while I know I'm not where you are, I plan to be where you are by next weekend. Hang in there- you got this!
    I'm feeling... not so great, but tolerable. It's hard to use my arms, they are heavy and my left arm the muscle seems like it's spasming or cramping and not releasing, it kinda hurts. RLS of course but it kinda stops if I lay a certain way. Fatigue is the only constant. Also, I keep peeing every hour it's so annoying! Is this a normal symptom?

Wow, congrats on tapering down! Maybe by next weekend I'll be ok to help you, no promises though lol
    Ok, Tuesday or Wednesday I was projecting to be my peak, so hopefully I can do this.

I didn't know that about NA! I am very small and would be scared to get into a car with a stranger, but I will think about it later once I don't have so much going on. I'm so hungry I wish I could eat but my stomach hurts.

Every once in a while I'll be watching a video and I'll forget that I'm going through this, and once it ends, I remember and I get this terrible feeling of dread or doom or something, I don't know what this is? Is this anxiety? It is so hard to deal with and it makes me feel like I can't get through this. Going to take some valerian root soon and maybe try to sleep.

I read a thread from a guy who was on suboxone for the same amount of time as myself, and he got through it and kept updating and his last update was on day 22 and he said he feels great and he's starting to work out. I can't wait until I'm there.

Thanks so much for replying, it helps a lot, I keep checking the website lol not much else to do. tummy pains, gunna try to sleep! xo

PS: I can't believe I'm having all this trouble from only taking 6 pills total. They were 8mg pills, I just can't even begin to believe how strong of a drug Suboxone actually is. Crazy.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-14-2017 at 08:25 PM.

PPS:

I also feel the need to mention that about 2 weeks after getting on the Suboxone, I developed swelling in both my left and right ankles/feet, which stayed and only began to go down as soon as I started to taper and is now completely gone. I didn't know that the swelling was caused by the Suboxone, but after further research, it seems a lot of people are afflicted with swollen ankles/feet on Suboxone.

Not sure why this causes this symptom, but I'm so glad that it's gone. Hope this can maybe help anyone having mystery swelling in their extremities!

xo

found this thread about it:
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...les-40456.html
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-14-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Today is going to be a rough one. I woke up after sleeping 3 hours and the RLS has doubled in intensity and my arms are burning. Already sneezing. Freezing. I wonder why my arms burn, weird symptom. Took some more valerian to help with rls and almost puked. Eyes watering.

Can't wait til I'm done. I've watched YouTube videos of people still going to work and I'm just trying to figure out how they even walk or focus.

Anyway. Wish me luck. I'm being a baby today. Send me all your positivity!

It's only 11:43am, and today is super not easy. I did sleep for about 70 minutes, that was sweet relief-- thanks valerian.
    I'm so cold and RLS is on it's way to making me super crazy.

Waiting for it to get bad... but trying not to psych myself out. I am so much more clear headed.
    I am living in the house I lived in before I ever got on pills, and I am starting to feel my brain thinking the way I used to think.
    I used to love the crisp air in the morning before work, and I was always excited to see what the day would bring.

I really want to go do things, but my legs are WAY too heavy. Maybe I will try to take my dog for a walk.
    it's been hard doing this while taking care of him. He's so sweet.

Hrere's a little excerpt of my morning,
    I'll update when I can.

6am woke up- waited for Dad to leave. Laid there with rls, not fun.
    8am- ate 5 taquitos (appetite hasn't left, I was SO hungry), made coffee, drank 1/3.
    845a took vitamins, put on warm clothes, made room as warm as possible with space heater, laid in bed freezing, put on family guy
    9:15a fell asleep somehow
    10:37a woke up in a cold sweat, especially on my lower legs, tummy ache and bathroom visit immediately.
    11:49a Now, sitting here wondering what the hell I've done to myself.

Come on homeostasis! I'm so ready to feel like my normal self again. I liked my normal self. x

12:00 at a chicken strip, had another at 145 because I'm sooo hungry
    12:15 took the dog outside, felt good out in the sun. it's 70 degrees outside today so I went out in the backyard, it seems when I'moutside sitting down, most of my symptoms subside and I'm distracted.

I did a tiny bit of exercise on an exercise bike, but I probably only did 5 minutes, my thighs were burning though.
    Back in the house and I'm sweating and cold already.
    I want to take a super hot bath, but I'm scared of the chills when I get out.

I was looking at the trees in the wind outside, their colors were so bright and vivid and they looked so pretty in the wind.
    Idk if I will be able to do this, because I don't know how hard it will be...but I think I can do it.

I want to go for a walk or something but I don't want ppl to see me in case I pass out or look ill and they think I'm on drugs lol
    ironic huh.

Just updating... Not sure if this is benefiting anyone but me, or if a moderator is going to want me to stop soon or something, but I hope I can keep posting here so I can get some relief.

Gunna go back outside and lay in the swing and watch youtube videos once my phone charges.
    Laying til then. Anyone going through this, you can do it. Have some faith and realize that the brain is a powerful thing, mind over matter isn't a saying for no reason.

Easier said than done. xo

Hi Starz. Saying you are worried about getting into a car with a stranger is stinky thinking. They can have a woman get you and likely it will be someone who has clean time. I'm not sure how I'm going to work when I jump. Your posts are a little scary although I appreciate the honesty. As far as RLS, I really would try to go see a doctor to get some clonodine. It will save your life. Also I would cut out caffeine as it's likely making your symptoms worse. It helped when I did. I also get the burning/ electric pain. You're the first person I've heard of who also has the same pain symptom I do. Thing is I don't have a choice really- I have a high profile job and have a family who depends on me and an alcoholic husband I'm going to divorce after I can get through this. I swear knowing I can leave him after this is the biggest motivator. Do this once friend and that's it, k? Thanks for offering to hold my hand.
    weanqueen likes this.

Hi Starz. Saying you are worried about getting into a car with a stranger is stinky thinking. They can have a woman get you and likely it will be someone who has clean time. I'm not sure how I'm going to work when I jump. Your posts are a little scary although I appreciate the honesty. As far as RLS, I really would try to go see a doctor to get some clonodine. It will save your life. Also I would cut out caffeine as it's likely making your symptoms worse. It helped when I did. I also get the burning/ electric pain. You're the first person I've heard of who also has the same pain symptom I do. Thing is I don't have a choice really- I have a high profile job and have a family who depends on me and an alcoholic husband I'm going to divorce after I can get through this. I swear knowing I can leave him after this is the biggest motivator. Do this once friend and that's it, k? Thanks for offering to hold my hand.
    Oh no, I hope I'm not scaring you! I was expecting to be worse by now, and it's tolerable I promise. I wanted to take hot baths but I'm scared of the chills. I spent the last 45 minutes outside on a swing laying in it and it seems while I'm outside, 90% of my withdrawals are gone. I'm not sure how that works, but I really didn't want to come inside.

I wish I could go to a doctor, I have an appt but the next one is June 9th, so I can't go any time soon.
    I'm hoping this is as bad as it's going to get.

When I don't drink caffeine, I have withdrawals from that so I don't want to have double
    I don't drink very much anyway, just enough to get the headache away.

That's something major to look forward to, getting rid of a toxic person in your life!! That will get the endorphins going

I've been talking to a friend who got clean 4 years ago and just opened her own Bikram Yoga Studio (she started doing it after she quit and she says it saved her) so I think I will go to some meetings!

She lived in a sober living place for a while and I'm thinking about doing the same once I can. She said it helped her more than anything.

WE CAN DO THISSS!!! Are you going to come off Fentanyl? I've never taken it before, but my grandma had it before through IV and the bag was locked in a clear box, I was so confused. lol

Valerian Root works well for RLS, it's just hard to take it because it smells and tastes so damn bad.

Thanks for writing!! Sorry I wrote so much. I think I'm addicted to it.

It's absolutely amazing how much going outside helps. I wonder why it helps me so much? Maybe it's distracting, but right when I come back in the house I begin to sweat and the RLS comes back, when I'm outside, body temp is perfect and I just have slight chills in my legs. It's the strangest thing to me.

It's been 28 hours now since my last mirco-dose of sub. eek

PS: I don't have cravings. I don't really know what "cravings" feel like because the whole time I was on norco I never went a day without, then staight to sub, but I have a little crumb of sub left that I have no interest in because I don't want to set myself back. I may flush it, poor fishies. xo
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-15-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Also, I know I'm not very far into it, but my biggest piece of advice through this would be not to sit or lay still.

I feel my WORST and like I can't handle it when I'm sitting or laying and my mind isn't occupied. TV shows don't do it for me, so I try music and brushing my teeth and washing my face, etc.

I'm sitting here bobbing up and down because its so bad, but when I'm up doing something, it doesn't hurt,

Anyway, it's 530pm PST, which means it's been 28 hours since my last dose. Guess I'm on day 2? Idk.

Bye!

Thanks queen! Yes I would count it as day 2- heck yes! I have heard that the cold and the lead suit are the hardest parts. This scares me a little as our work is freezing- like 68 degrees. Funny bc when I was using I couldn't get it cold enough ever. But I flushed all my remaining subs so I don't really have an out if I struggle or have a hard time. I guess I will be glad for that at some point. You can read my post 'Day 2 of Robert's plan' or something like that. I don't really like to talk about drug use as I don't think it's constructive, but if you want to know more you can read my post. Keep up the good work and find a meeting, k?

Thanks queen! Yes I would count it as day 2- heck yes! I have heard that the cold and the lead suit are the hardest parts. This scares me a little as our work is freezing- like 68 degrees. Funny bc when I was using I couldn't get it cold enough ever. But I flushed all my remaining subs so I don't really have an out if I struggle or have a hard time. I guess I will be glad for that at some point. You can read my post 'Day 2 of Robert's plan' or something like that. I don't really like to talk about drug use as I don't think it's constructive, but if you want to know more you can read my post. Keep up the good work and find a meeting, k?
    Yay day 2 guess I'm creeping up on the tough part. I think RLS is the hardest part. L-Tyrosine takes the lead suit away, but the cold is pretty annoying. I'm actually surprised that I'm able to even still make comments.
    It's VERY hard to sit still and type, but I'm doing it so apparently it's not that hard. I think I'll flush my sub with you. What good is it going to do for me to have it? None. I don't even think it's enough to make a difference, I wish I could upload photos.

omg but sometimes I am HOT, like all of a sudden I will have sweat grossly dripping all over every crevice of my body and I'm hotter than the devil, I think that's worse than being cold. Can you dress really warm at work? That would help a lot, I'm dressed very warm and I am ok. I'll definitely read your post! Just wondering what you were coming off of because I know most opiates are different than Suboxone, so I don't want to offer tips or anything that may not help you. Off to read your story

HOUR THIRTTTTTYYYY I can't believe I'm doing this. Still bobbing up and down. 30 hours in INSANE to me, I never thought I could make it this far. I know I can keep going.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast