Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Ready to jump,, please help..
    Bob631 is offline New Member

Default Ready to jump,, please help..

Thank everyone on this forum for posting you all help so many people and I myself am very great full.. Second time putting myself threw this. First time went ct at around 2mg that was the worst thing ever. This time I followed Roberts plan and I'm down to .25 in day 3. I'm trying to get threw this before I have a surgery next month on the 15th. Does anyone here know if I will be ok going threw a surgery right after coming off soboxon? I been very worried over this. Thanks all

auburn girl is offline Member

Hi Bob! Welcome to the board. I am also on my day 3 of .25.

So. I am gonna say STOP WORRYING! You will be fine in surgery. If you keep doing what you are doing you will be completely off the sub by May 15.

Now, I'm no expert. And I usually don't like to give advice bc I rely on it myself from others. And I don't want to steer anyone wrong. But I'm pretty sure you'll be ok. I have actually had surgery while on suboxone. A few years ago....before I researched it and I was honestly just plain dumb. I didn't realize I was probably playing with FIRE. I didn't even tell the dr.'s that I was on it. How stupid was that. I won't go into detail on the way I ended up doing it, unless you just want to know...but the point is I came out fine. The dr did say I had the highest tolerance to pain meds he had ever seen, whatever that means. I kept hurting and needing more meds while in recovery. But I think you will be ok at this low a dose and plus being completely off. I am not an expert!! Just sharing my experience! Someone with more knowledge will post soon.

Also, just FYI, when I got home little 'ole LORATAB 7.5's stopped my pain. I couldn't believe that. So beware of the pain pills when you get home. Don't get addicted again. Myself....I gave my husband my bottle of pain meds and he despenced them out to me every 4 hours as needed. If you have someone to do that, it's a good idea.

Good luck!
    iloerose likes this.

Btw I'm just curious. How long have you been on the sub and do you plan to go down to .125? Just curious since we are on the same day and dose.

Rfootprints is offline Member

Bob, so glad you posted! And congrats on getting down to .25

You and miss auburn girl will do great!
    I, myself (well and my hubby) are at .33 (just dropped to that today).

Like auburn said- once you have your surgery, if needed, have someone dole out the pain meds. Can I ask what type if surgery? Is it minor or major? Good luck! We are rooting for you!
    And welcome here . Glad you posted!

Rose

Thank you both very much for replying....
    I started messing with the hydros around five years ago. Got up to between 15 to 20 a day then a friend introduced me to the sobs about two years ago. Been on them ever since. Besides about 4 months. That was 4 or 5 months ago.
    This time around I kinda knew better so I kept a pretty low doses. 2mg was the highest and came right down to 1mg or less per day.
    Started this taper bout 2 weeks ago. Been lowering dose 25% every 4/5 days. It's been going pretty good. I was wanting to start skip days this weekend but now I'm considering going a little lower before I start skipping days.
    My up coming surgery is a partial fusion in my hand. They're removing a bone then fusing some bones around that one. I'm expecting to be in some pretty good pain for a while and my goal is to get threw it without the narcotics. I'm going to try my best anyhow.
    I could keep going on but I have to get to working..
    Thanks again for the comments and support,, very great full for it..
    And congratulations to you both. Where your at is extremely hard to get to and you both have to be very proud...
    Thanks again,, I'll check back later..

jayryan is offline Member

Hey ther... congrads on your progress!
    .25 is great and sounds like you been doing the taper excactly the way its supposed to be done...

i too tried to stop subs at 2mg before and ya that didn't work...

as far as pain and surgury... i haven't had any major surgery but i do have a lot of pain and aches and had a few teeth extracted but i told the doctor and dentist NO opiates...

i would simply bring this up to your doctor and see if they can control the pain withlittle to no.narcotics ..

i do approve of opiatess for surgury and pain...but if you have addiction issues then i understand the concern.

i don't know ya but you seem.intelligent....hopefully your doctor understands you don't want to get addicted..

I'm.sure you already know this and have thought about it...anyways welcome to the forum and its good to see other people getting off opiates..i get excited everytime i see another person man up and tackle this...jay

Hey, I guess I'll add that my surgery was laparoscopic gall bladder removal. I don't know if that matters that yours sounds a little more complicated than mine was. But I was fine. Take care, Bob. You should be very proud of yourself, too.

Thank you jay for the positive comments and encouragement.. It's very appreciated here..
    I haven't talked to my dr about anything that has to do with my addiction. Actually nobody knows I have kept it from absolutely everyone in my world.
    It's hard going threw this without having people to talk with regarding this issue..
    You great people are the first ones I have every let in on my situation.
    I am forever great full for this forum and people like you folks...
    Thank you again..
    auburn girl likes this.

Thank you auburn, your reply is very appreciated.. It's a relief knowing I should be ok.. Reading all you guys post make me and a lot of other people out there happy knowing kicking this >>>> is possible without going threw hell to get there..

Thank you all,,

Rfootprints is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob631 View Post
    Thank you jay for the positive comments and encouragement.. It's very appreciated here..
    I haven't talked to my dr about anything that has to do with my addiction. Actually nobody knows I have kept it from absolutely everyone in my world.
    It's hard going threw this without having people to talk with regarding this issue..
    You great people are the first ones I have every let in on my situation.
    I am forever great full for this forum and people like you folks...
    Thank you again..
    It is tough when the addiction is a secret (what I have learned about myself is that "my secrets keep me sick", so that's why I started looking up support and taking steps to help take the power out of my addiction)..
    My husband and I are both fighting this beast... We have been for about 4.5 years. Anything and everything when it comes to pills- we'd buy and eat. So disgusting thinking back on it actually. This coming Saturday will be 4 weeks since we have touched pills. (patting myself on the back lol.. It has been hard.. I have tried quitting several times, and fallen back onto my ass, begging for pills) <--- One of the hardest things, guilt wise, is all of the $$ we have spent (rent money, food money etc....) We never really went "without", BUT let's put it this way- I could have bought a brand new car with the amount we spent this last year ALONE! We took over the business I worked at for 8 years (took over almost 2 years ago), and I think that helped take our addiction to the next level. Spend spend spend! And that harsh reality is that our "hook ups" won't ever be like "Hey guys, you sure are using a heck of a lot".. Oh no! They come running to us when they need a quick $400-500... Ugh. Sorry for the long post. Just really happy you are here with us! I think the reason I started typing all of this, was because you mentioned that no one knows. It makes me sad to know that people are going thru this alone. It's hard to fight the beast unless you build an army against it....

My army (as of right now)-
    1) I rid my house, purse, car, work etc of ANY pills (i had to find all of my stash spots- first time flushing pills in my life)
    2) I came clean to a few of my friends and family. They are being very supportive (I think I am actually helping a friend of mine who wants to get off of alcohol.. so that makes me feel real good)
    3) I have gone to meetings (only once a week, but right now that is what is working. I am trying to find other meetings that will work with my schedule.. I brought my 3 year old to the meeting last Saturday)
    4) I get on this forum!!!! I seriously love you guys!! Thank you.
    5) I told a bunch of our hook ups (basically ones we have ran into- this is a small town I live in, 16,000 people.. it's not like a big city or anything)... said we are DONE, and please stay away, and I don't want to hear the word "pill" whatsoever (they ask us if we have any, or if we want to buy).

Again, sorry for the long post.... I feel really good this morning! My energy and clarity is coming back more everyday. Dropped to .33 yesterday, and so far so good. I think I eff'ed my dose up this morning (too small of an amount), but whatever (it's hard to get em small lol).

Good to see ya back on here Bob! Take care!

Thank you rose, I truly appreciate your help here.. I thank The Lord for people like you and everyone else on here trying to help them self and others..
    Hope your still feeling better with your drop.. It's good to hear. If you continue to take your time tapering you should continue feeling better n better everyday..
    Congratulations on your progress!!
    I'm feeling pretty good myself, better then yesterday,, I think I was a little lite on my dose yesterday, it was definitely a little rougher then today..
    Like I said in my first post I jumped last time at 2mg.. I was in pain in so many different was for over a month. Was the worst thing I had ever went threw. Never missed a day at work and had to take care of my two children the whole time.. Im a single father raising them so I had to dig deep and keep everything together..
    I still can't believe I got myself back into this whole but I'm in the finally stages of digging my way back out once and for all,, and forever!!!!
    I will never touch this >>>> again..
    I thank god daily for the gift of finding this forum and Roberts taper..
    That man deserves a Nobel peace prize for the gift he has given us all..
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

I hope everyone is having a great day... We have so much happiness to look forward to, free and clean...
    God bless you all,, ill be prying for you all..it feels great to be able to talk about this.. Thank again

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob631 View Post
    Thank you rose, I truly appreciate your help here.. I thank The Lord for people like you and everyone else on here trying to help them self and others..
    Hope your still feeling better with your drop.. It's good to hear. If you continue to take your time tapering you should continue feeling better n better everyday..
    Congratulations on your progress!!
    I'm feeling pretty good myself, better then yesterday,, I think I was a little lite on my dose yesterday, it was definitely a little rougher then today..
    Like I said in my first post I jumped last time at 2mg.. I was in pain in so many different was for over a month. Was the worst thing I had ever went threw. Never missed a day at work and had to take care of my two children the whole time.. Im a single father raising them so I had to dig deep and keep everything together..
    I still can't believe I got myself back into this whole but I'm in the finally stages of digging my way back out once and for all,, and forever!!!!
    I will never touch this >>>> again..
    I thank god daily for the gift of finding this forum and Roberts taper..
    That man deserves a Nobel peace prize for the gift he has given us all..
    Hi Bob. Good to see you're following the taper plan and doing well. I loved what you said about Robert--I agree! Kudos to you for getting through this as a single father!

You asked about subs and surgery. I had my first back surgery in 2007 while taking subs. Well, actually, I had quit taking subs for a few days and was back on morphine and norco which my pain doc prescribed because I was in excruciating pain (couldn't walk, was stuck in a "bent over" position because a nerve was literally being flattened by 2 herniated discs). My surgery wasn't "scheduled", it just happened after years of chronic back and sciatic pain that finally came to a head. Anyway, my point is, once I got to the hospital and was admitted they started administering pain meds. NOTHING was working because I had such a tolerance to opiates, plus I'd been on subs for a year or so...and it was preventing most of the pain meds from working to their full extent. Total nightmare. Long story short, I was eventually hooked up to a Dilauded drip every 5 min...and was still in agony. Like auburn girl, my doctor said he'd never seen anyone with such a high tolerance to pain meds. I was a fool and didn't tell them I'd been on subs. I guess I felt embarrassed.

My 2nd discectomy surgery - last Oct - I told my doc about the subs. He told me to stop taking the subs about 36 hours before surgery. He knew the pain meds they administered in the hospital wouldn't work to their full extent, but it worked out. I was in pain, but I managed with Percocet for a week after surgery, then started my sub taper up again.

If I were you, I'd tell your doctor. They need to know. But you'll be ok!
    Sorry for the long winded story...you got me thinking back about all that stuff when you asked about surgery and subs..lol.

Glad to have you here on the forum.
    Kat

jayryan is offline Member

Hey bob how are ys?

we have a few things in common
    we both tried quitting subs at 2mg before (unsuccessfully )
    we both fathers..and good job being a single.dad.man i respect that. A LOT
    we both are somewhat alone with these addiction.issus as we keep it a secret...

I can completly relate... i dunno.if you read any of my thread but my po therapist judge and what not have no idea I'm on suboxone and they would.probably toss me in jail if they did....its messed up..

um i was doing great in AA till they found out i was on subs which.was my fault cause i took to many benzos one day and went to a meeting and spilled my guts ....its been nonstop concern and busting my nuts ever since....

i reely regret that..
    my point is ya sometimes you have to be selective in.who.you choose to disclose such things too...

my family knows ...I've told them and glad i did and while some of them disowned me...the important ones support me...

so ya not everyone is gonna be as understanding as we are in this forum...

i was able to get al my problems out here and the people have been really great...

i needed support and another human to admit the inner workings of my mind too...and altho this is just an internet forum...i think its a great source.of support and just as valid as anything else....

i.appreciate the hell.out of it so anyways feel free to take advantage of the benifits....

sometimes i just right down what I'm feeling or thinking at the time wether anyone responds or not..but they usually do....

anyways just wanted to say your not alone in it anymore and at least.you can get support here...that's a step in the right direction no doubt...jay

Good morning, Bob! Yep, I think most of us do keep our addiction a secret. I'm lucky enough that I can talk to my husband about this, but there have been lots and lots of things I kept from him, before. None of my family knows, my co workers would be in shock. I was to embarrassed to tell my dr. when I had surgery. Plus, my parents were around and I didn't want them to hear or find out. Talking about it on this forum helps! Spill your guts if you need to. We are here for you!

And you jumped at 2mg AND had to take care of the kids, ALONE?! Man, that must have been rough. I can't even imagine that.

What's your plan for today? If I remember right, we both have completed 4 days at .25. You hanging out there? Going lower?

I agree about Robert! Jay said once, "it's like we discovered the fountain of youth or something". This taper plan really is golden.

Hope you have a great day. Oh, and thanks for the prayers. I really appreciate them.

Hey jay, I'm good today thanks for asking.
    Hope you doing good as well...
    Thanks for your input... I truly appreciate it. It helps so much..
    If I remember correctly we have even more in common. I believe your in MI and you went to the tigers game last week?
    I'm in the detroit suburbs,, east side..

Hope your feeling good and doing well with your taper..
    Thanks again for your reply..

Good morning auburn girl..
    It's crazy but at the same time expected that we all have so much in common..
    Probably how we can appreciate each other's support so well. It's hard sharing this with some one who has no idea how deep this addiction really is. If they never walked in our shoes how can we expect them to understand... Oh well thankfully we have this forum and each other..

I stayed at .25 today.. I'm feeling good here but I may skip tomorrow cause I don't have to work if I can't take it I'll lower my dose and wait a few more days..

How are you feeling at .25 and what's your plan from here?

Thanks for posting and I hope you have a great day...

Hey Bob. Did you decide to skip today? How's it going for you? I decided to go ahead and lower to .125 for the weekend and Monday I'll start skipping days. Truthfully I think I could've already started skipping but I just wanted to do it the "safe" way as recommended by the others that have already made it. I've felt very little discomfort (besides lack of sleep---I take trazadone for that now) so I think it'll be smooth sailing.

Good luck! Your almost off! It feels great, right?!

Hey auburn,, I did skip today. Feeling fine so fare I'm expecting it to get a little worse by this evening. Throughout this whole tapper the only time it starts getting uncomfortable has been in the later evening.. I always dose I'm the early morning when I get up and moving..
    I been taking a couple melitonin at night right before I go to bed. It's been working so fare for sleep.. Now the main w/d symptoms have been being cold all the time, sneezing some and a little runny nose here and there.. All pretty miner though. Thankfully..
    I was getting a bad pain in the top of my stomach until I started taking Zantac, been helping big time..
    I feel pretty good about getting threw today.
    Hope you continue feeling good with the lower dose..
    I does feel pretty good.
    We got this!!!!

Hey bob! Yeah, another member here had trouble with heart burn. I haven't had it. I'm curious to know how the whole skip day went, since I'm taking the plunge tomorrow. How'd it go? Not bad?

Hi auburn,, hey yesterday went pretty good. Had some miner w/d's threw out the day.. Nothing bad though.. At no point did I feel like I needed to dose.. All in all it was a good day..
    Your going to do fine when skip tomorrow..
    I have had more w/d's during the tapper then I did yesterday...
    We're almost there, hang in there.
    We got this!!!

Good to know it went ok! Keep me posted on the next set of skip days.

Bob is this 2nd skip day? How's it going?

Hey auburn,,
    Yes today is my second skip day..
    Yesterday was real good barely any w/d's.. Was a real good day.
    Today is going good as well..
    I'm feeling pretty good.
    Little fatigue, everything that is bothering me is very very miner..
    Thank you for asking..
    Hope it helps you..
    How are you feeling? How did yesterday go?
    I read yesterday where you said you was thinking about jumping before skipping days..
    Please don't do that,, stay safe and follow the plane I'm certain you will be glad you did...
    Hope all is well....

I'm all good, Bob. I know, I know, stay on the plan. But I'm just rolling with it and didn't take any today. I'm dealing with the fatigue, too. It takes all I can to get up and do something. I got some natural energy chew things from GNC, took my B complex vitamin and my regular multi vitamin, hoping those kick in soon. I guess I shouldn't really complain since this isn't as near as bad as what I have been through before.

Keep me updated, ok?

Milli Dropper is offline New Member

Thats awesome. You are both so close. Just days away from a clean break. That must feel great and it sounds like it went pretty smooth. Very encouraging.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Hi Bob I have been following your thread since you first started posting here and this is the first time I have posted to you. I saw where you and a few others were all at about the same place in your tapers and replying and supporting each other which was very nice to see. I see where you have surgery scheduled but its not until the 15th so that should pose no problem as far as the surgery goes. Have you decided if you are going to let the Dr who is doing your surgery of your history yet? Anyway you have done a great job with your taper and will check on you later.

Alex

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Bob,

How are the skip days going? Sounds like you're doing great so far! I hope I didn't scare you with my sub/surgery saga...lol..that was just my experience. I'm sure you'll be just fine.

Keep up the good work!
    Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Milli Dropper View Post
    Thats awesome. You are both so close. Just days away from a clean break. That must feel great and it sounds like it went pretty smooth. Very encouraging.
    Hey milli,,
    Glad your reading up on here..
    It helps big time..
    So many great people willing to help..
    Stick to the taper and you'll be clean sooner then you know it..
    It gets better every day....

Thanks Alex,,
    I have read a lot of the stuff that you have posted...
    I think it's great that you hang out here trying to help others...
    This my be the first time you posted on my thread but you have helped me threw this threw others,, and I thank you for that....
    I don't think I'll tell the dr about my history... For personnel reasons..
    I'm going to get threw it and continue to stay clean....
    Thank you again Alex....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast