Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By IdJ
  • 2 Post By Randy35
Really need to get off subs! Have one 8mg strip left.
    Nicholas117 is offline New Member

Default Really need to get off subs! Have one 8mg strip left.

I have been reading everybody's stories on here for about three weeks and it has helped motivate me to go ahead and get off subs. I have been taking subs for about a year now. I don't take them everyday its more like when I can get them but I usually take about 16 to 24mg a week. I have gotten myself down to 2mg every other day and I have one sub left and I'm going to start tapering, doing 0.50 every other day for a week and then 0.25 every other day and so on. I went and bought some vitamins and things that I read that might help and I'm planning on going to the gym at least three times a week. I have to do something before I lose the only things I care about (my wife and kids) cause she's not putting up with it anymore she said. So its now or never! So I don't know if I'm doing OK by skipping a day already or if it's still going to be really ruff or not? Any words of encouragement and wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IdJ
    IdJ is offline New Member

Since no one else has posted I will give my two cents. To start I'm in day 3 of my first detox & I'm not presenting as normal.

Advice I've learned here.

-Using days as a reference might not be the best way. Use hours. If you're already taking them every other day then you sound like you're ahead of the game.

-When you start to take them, start with the smallest amount you can. Start with .10mg or .15mg & every 30-40mins see how you feel. Take more if needed or hopefully not. I was shocked to see how little I needed, wouldn't have known if I didn't start with the small slivers.

Looking back on the wd's I had before I induced, it wasn't that bad. I would think you wouldn't have it very rough at all.

Best of luck to you!
    Nicholas117 likes this.

I appreciate it Idj, that makes me feel alot better. I will definitely start very small like you said and see how it does. It's for sure a very potent drug!! I'm actually thinking of going as long as I can in between doses instead of every other day. I think I could probably do 3 days in between cause I don't start withdrawing until about 30 to 35 hours after my last dose, witch I know is cause of the half life. I guess ppl are different though, cause I have some buddy's that say they start withdrawal after one day. I'm gonna give it my all cause I got alot to lose if I don't. And agian, I really appreciate the reply back bud, cause I'm gonna need all the support I can get.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas117 View Post
    I appreciate it Idj, that makes me feel alot better. I will definitely start very small like you said and see how it does. It's for sure a very potent drug!! I'm actually thinking of going as long as I can in between doses instead of every other day. I think I could probably do 3 days in between cause I don't start withdrawing until about 30 to 35 hours after my last dose, witch I know is cause of the half life. I guess ppl are different though, cause I have some buddy's that say they start withdrawal after one day. I'm gonna give it my all cause I got alot to lose if I don't. And agian, I really appreciate the reply back bud, cause I'm gonna need all the support I can get.

Hi Nicholas,

I have to be up front and tell you that most of the horror stories concerning subs are because they aren't used correctly. Many take extremely high doses (sometimes the fault of the sub doctor), remain on the sub for years, and taper off incorrectly. The short or very quick sub taper hardly ever works either. That's just the hard facts.

The sub plan used here is the correct way to use subs. There have been 1000's of success stories when this plan has been used. Used it myself and now have over 1 1/2 years clean. I'm NOT saying your way, or the quick taper can't work because a few have seen success with it, but the odds are very low. The sub plan here takes around 6-8 weeks from indution to final jump. Just some info for you and others reading along.

Subs should also be taken every day at at the same times each day for optimul results. Skipping doses every so often will sooner or later catch up with you in the form of symptoms.

With all that said I wish you all the success in the world. I hope you can get clean for yourself first, then your family.

My question to you is what are you going to do after you get off the subs? Have you considered some face to face support like meetings of NA, AA, CR, Smart Recovery might provide? Meetings keep me clean long term. Don't know where I would be without them.

Again I wish you well. Keep posting, it really helps! I'll check back later. Have a great day!

Randy
    Nicholas117 and Ming23 like this.

Thanks for the advice Randy. I'm gonna give this quick taper a try and see how it does. I figured the less sub in my system the more it can rebuild on its own. But if I could I would do it the longer way. It's just my wife has had it with it cause she has never done anything but drink maybe 3 times in her life. It's kinda hard for me to get them also cause everyone I knew don't wanna sell any or has stopped getting them, so its now or never I guess. The plus side of me being able to do it quick is i m not working right now cause of a lay off so ibdont have to go to work or really do anything physical except for when I plan on going to the gym. But I do have a one year old and a three year old to take of during the day while my wife is at work. So it shouldn't be to bad butt it ain't great either, lol. As far as N/A meetings, I have looked into them and I only found one open to the public and its this Tuesday. I am planning on going to it to see what it's like. I really think it will help.