Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
Really need Suboxone advice from Suboxone experts
    Mirabellesmom is offline Member

so glad you made it thru your exciting day! its so frustrating dealing with the Docs when they treat you poorly due to being "just another addict"... frankly, if they treated us better instead of just shoving pills at us, alot of us wouldn't BE addicts... ok, done ranting...

Hope your day goes better today and wtg! for sticking to your plan and working towards getting your life back!
    My family is what keeps me strong, and this board is what is helping to keep me on track with my goal of ridding myself of this vile addiction... Sounds like your pooch is as much a part of your family as my Fam's poodle! and walking him and playing with him and my daughter is what keeps me aware of how much i could loose if i let my addiction win... thier simple acts of love and devotion remind us how unimportant all the minutiae of our daily frustration with the world truly is...

scritch 'em behind the ears fer me!

Blessed Be.

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Mornin everyone....Hey MMom!!! Yeah Schneider is ALL I have right now...my Son is away in the USCG, my Wife and I divorced some 4 or 5 years ago, so now its just Schneider and me...he goes EVERYWHERE with me! He is a BIG help thruout all of this as well, between him and this forum I think I would have been pretty much Lost without either one! And yes I AM at the mercy of my Doc....Think for a moment, where I would be if I had not found this forum and You guys? The Doc just tossed the subs at me dosed me a couple of times to see where he thought I should be, and turned me loose! "See ya next week" Never explained what we were going to do, or what to expect...just "See ya next week"...now I missed him THIS appt so I wont see him again for TWO weeks! LOL...WOW, what a Caring Healthcare Provider! I would be LOST, just chugging along doing my 4mg a day waiting to see the Doc week after week, not knowing WHAT he is going to do next...UGH....Frightening! Thank GOD for our lil Forum here and Kikker, iloerose, you and everyone involved with this forum...everyone helps everyone....THATS the way it should be! These Dr's for the most part dont seem to care much about us...the Addicts...
    Anywayyyyyyyy, You hang in there Mom, better days are ahead, and you and I CAN and WILL do this Hon!!! We WANT it! We NEED it....we WILL do it....You hang in there with Rose and Kikker and you cannot go wrong!
    Kikker picked an "Apt" name for himself...cause he "KICKS me in the butt" to get me thru this LOL....He is a Good Man, and has helped me FAR more than even he realizes!
    Hang in there Mom!!!!!
    Talk to you soon!

Yes, Schneider is a Very Good Boy, and has helped me thru all of this quite a bit!He is always there for me! Well, I feel pretty good this morning. No noticeable side effects from the drop so far... looking forward to smoooth sailing the next 4 days or so until I begin my taper. Hey Kikker, how is it going with your .375 dose? You doing ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    That is so funny that Schneider is the meeter and greeter! Wish I could take Elby to school. Our vet sci program does dog grooming to raise funds for their FFA and Skills programs, but I'm afraid he'd bite a kid. He's a chow/mix so he really needs grooming, but he's such a baby and has separation anxiety. Kids would really have to practice their restraint skills with him. He was hit by a car once and the vets office made me get him out of his cage, he had to stay the night. LOL. Glad you're feeling better despite your day, but that's the way it is. Hope you're spending your night relaxing. Everyday will get better!

Rose

I feel really tired this morning, Fatigued if you will.......just cant seem to get going, my old body just doesnt want to go this morning. Ugh....

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

good mornin harry.
    hope u had a good nights sleep.

i think ur sluggish because ur dose is still a bit high.
    it will get better when ur dose gets lower.

that's the way sub works, the lower the better.
    it was that way with me every time.

are u taking vitamins or supplements?
    i don't know ur medical history but b12 is excellent for energy.
    it really helps me.

do u have a doctor other than the sub doctor?
    or is ur sub doc also a family doc?
    anyway check on some vitamins or supplements for added energy.
    maybe some of the protein shakes would help.
    check some of those things out.

on this forum is something called the 'thomas recipe' that may help.
    i believe it's intended for narcotics detox...
    but it may help with a sub taper too.
    maybe u can check it out.

just google...'the thomas recipe' and see for urself.

tks for asking about me harry.
    truth is i have been having a few tiny issues.
    may be the sub, maybe not.
    feels like i actually do have the flu.
    it has been going around here.
    i go to my regular doc on fri.

but i'm doing ok otherwise.
    going to drop to .25 mg soon.
    and then skip days and i'll be finished!
    can hardly wait for that day.

tks again harry for ur concern.
    i'm happy and proud to help u all that i can.

u have a great day now.
    don't let ANYTHING stand in ur way.
    u CAN do this harry...
    u ARE doing it!

Hey Kikker, Good Mornin to YOU!
    Yes, I do take Vitamins & Supplements! Always have.....although I AM out of B-12 right now. I went by my Dr office this morning and picked up my Script, although HE is not there, the Office Staff was (Thank God) so I'm Good to go there.
    I'm so sorry to hear your not feeling well...Chicken Soup and Saltine Crackers Bro!!! ALways seems to help me...
    And No, I dont really HAVE a Family Dr...this Doc I have had for about 2 years for "Pain Mgmt"...(yeah, one of THOSE guys lol) I use the VA for all of my Health Care, but when the VA cut me off of my Percocets I went to this guy to get my "Percs" back! THe VA cut me off because they detected weed in my urine test...and they wont prescibe ANY Narcotics if you test positive for Weed or anything else not prescribed to you. So I hooked up with this "Pain Mgmt" Dr (he is a Neurologist supposedly) just to get my Pills...now he is getting me OFF the Pills! Ironic to say the least ey?
    Well good luck with your next drop, I guess mine will be sat/sun I think. 5 days past my 1st drop I should start my Taper Right?
    I sure hope you feel better Man, I hate it that your sick along WITH going thru the Sub Treatment...not a good combination! Feel Better Bro!!!!

Hair
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post
    good mornin harry.
    hope u had a good nights sleep.

i think ur sluggish because ur dose is still a bit high.
    it will get better when ur dose gets lower.

that's the way sub works, the lower the better.
    it was that way with me every time.

are u taking vitamins or supplements?
    i don't know ur medical history but b12 is excellent for energy.
    it really helps me.

do u have a doctor other than the sub doctor?
    or is ur sub doc also a family doc?
    anyway check on some vitamins or supplements for added energy.
    maybe some of the protein shakes would help.
    check some of those things out.

on this forum is something called the 'thomas recipe' that may help.
    i believe it's intended for narcotics detox...
    but it may help with a sub taper too.
    maybe u can check it out.

just google...'the thomas recipe' and see for urself.

tks for asking about me harry.
    truth is i have been having a few tiny issues.
    may be the sub, maybe not.
    feels like i actually do have the flu.
    it has been going around here.
    i go to my regular doc on fri.

but i'm doing ok otherwise.
    going to drop to .25 mg soon.
    and then skip days and i'll be finished!
    can hardly wait for that day.

tks again harry for ur concern.
    i'm happy and proud to help u all that i can.

u have a great day now.
    don't let ANYTHING stand in ur way.
    u CAN do this harry...
    u ARE doing it!

tks for ur concern harry...
    i really appreciate it.
    i'll be just fine i'm sure.

yeah, remain on this dose for 4 days or so.
    'so' means 4-7 days or in that range....
    depending on how u are feeling.
    u want to have 2-3 days of feelin good on each dose amt.
    then u reduce ur dose by 25%.

NO time limits harry.
    it goes strickly by how ur feeling.
    ur body will always tell u when.
    remember...it's no race to get finished.
    do it one time and do it right.
    if u stray off course u could mess it up.
    the taper works if u work it.

just remain very positive...
    and have confidence in urself.

ur doin great harry.
    the sub will begin to 'level' out in ur system.
    and u'll feel better and better as i have said.
    i keep repeating it but it's very true.

hope work is going well today.

irishblueeyes is offline New Member

Hi, i was wondering of i could please get some help with tapering off suboxone? i hear that Robert_325 has a great plan. is there some way someone could give me some info on his plan? thanks so much.....i 'am very scared!

hello and welcome to the forum.
    i'll put the link below to the plan for u.
    basically u taper every 4 days or so.
    and taper by 25% of ur dose each time.

take a good look at it...
    if u have questions please post back.
    u should try to begin ur own thread.

go back to the main drugs.com page..
    click on the site u want.
    u can choose this suboxone one or another.
    on the left side is a blue rectangle that reads 'post new thread'...
    click on that and name ur thread.
    that's all there is to it.

don't be scared.
    lots of help here for u.
    read the therapy plan by robert325.
    it's great and will work for u.
    i'm using it myself.

here's the link
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

good luck to u.
    and again, welcome!

Hey Irish,
    Yeah sometimes Robert can take a lil while to get back with you, but there are TONS of very knowledgeable people here to help you...people that have been there, and are going thru what your going thru right now! Myself and Kikker are both going thru it, although Kikker is FAR more knowledgeable than I. Check the link Kikker sent you, it is a Fantastic plan that I myself, Kikker, and so many other people here have used for Sub Use..so you hang in there! Youve come to the right place for help~!

Hey Kikker,
    I was kinda lethargic at work today for some reason...just couldnt seem to "Get with it". Felt tired and run down. Im going to stop tomorrow and get some B-12 like you said, and pick up some more of my vitamins Ive run out of. I even left work 30 mins early, just felt Tired, and ready to go home.
    I sure hope your feeling better Bro. Are ya? THink you picked up a "bug" somewhere? Pile on the Vitamin C, it usually helps.
    I am remaining very Positive, and have all the confidence in the world that I can do this. Just dont finish your program and run off on me dude!!!!!! Stick with me!!!! I need ya Man! LOL..
    tks for ur concern harry...
    i really appreciate it.
    i'll be just fine i'm sure.

yeah, remain on this dose for 4 days or so.
    'so' means 4-7 days or in that range....
    depending on how u are feeling.
    u want to have 2-3 days of feelin good on each dose amt.
    then u reduce ur dose by 25%.

NO time limits harry.
    it goes strickly by how ur feeling.
    ur body will always tell u when.
    remember...it's no race to get finished.
    do it one time and do it right.
    if u stray off course u could mess it up.
    the taper works if u work it.

just remain very positive...
    and have confidence in urself.

ur doin great harry.
    the sub will begin to 'level' out in ur system.
    and u'll feel better and better as i have said.
    i keep repeating it but it's very true.

hope work is going well today.

lol...i'm not gonna run off on u.
    i wouldn't do that to anyone.

sorry u had issues today.
    could be the vitamins...
    or even the sub.
    everyone is different...
    and it may be affecting u right now.

lets wait til ur dose gets lower and see how u feel.
    i'm betting u'll feel better when u get a little lower.
    maybe another reduction will do it.

don't change anything right now.
    lower ur dose when u feel ready...
    not before.

tks for asking about me.
    i feel like crapola.
    missed work today.
    has to be the flu.
    i know it's not the sub.
    i go to the doc on fri to see what he thinks...
    my family doc, not the sub doc.

anyway hang in there harry.
    it will get better.

iloerose...how are u doing this evening?
    i hope ur well.
    i've missed speaking with u lately.
    u have my total respect with ur knowledge.
    HarrySmooth likes this.

ohhhhMAN, Im SO sorry you feel like crapola man....That really sucks on top of everything else youve been thru dude....Well take it easy, stay in bed and warm..you by yourself, or have someone to take care of ya? Thats the WORST for me when Im sick, I have no one cept my lil Schneider when Im sick...but Im kinda glad I didnt have anyone see me go thru what I went thru last week with those W/D's....that would have truly been very embarrassing to me I was such a Mess!
    But anyway, you get better dude, we're all rootin for you to get well! Wish there was something I could do to help man...
    you take care!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hey, Harry, cut yourself some slack. You went through quite a bit, like I said before. Didn't mean to insult you about "butting in" on Came2b's thread, I just thought you were funny when I hit the "like" button. I hope you are doing better tomorrow. Take it easy and keep your blood pressure down and even. It may take awhile to bounce back a bit and there's a lot of colds, etc. going around now. One thing you might try is emergen-C? Someone recommended that once, Kikker, you might try that too. I think, harry, that you will start to feel better soon as you level out. Take it easy on the drops if you have to. Don't push yourself.

Kikker: I hope you are feeling better soon. Take care of yourself. You do so much, I get worried about you sometimes. Hang in there: chicken soup, gingerale, crackers. orange juice. and relax. You take it easy on yourself as well.

Peace,

Rose
    HarrySmooth likes this.

Mornin All! Hey Rose, I didnt take that "like" as an insult for one second Hon! I was laughing at myself for being such a GOOF! LOL...Dont give it a second thought Hon! Trust me, you'll see MANY more goofs from me before its over! LMAO! And dont worry Rose, I aint gonna push these drops...I'm taking my time with this and gonna get it right the first time...I dont want to repeat ANY of this, so yes....I'm going to take my time for sure! Heyyyyyyy, are these posts getting shifted around or something? Last post I did before I went to bed was directed at Came2b....now I dont even SEE her, but now I see the posts from irishblueeyes...Hmmmmmmm something strange is going on here! Posts moving around...disappearing, whats going on?
    What happened to came2b?

Hows our boy doing this Morning??? Kikker....How ya feelin Bro?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-11-2012 at 06:02 AM. Reason: question

Ohhhhhhhh I seeeeeeeeee, Im on two different Threads!!!!! I didnt notice that....See iloerose! I told ya it wouldnt be long before I had another GOOF! LOL!!!!! Just a matter of time! LOL

No wonder I was confused! I didnt realize I was posting on two threads! I would just scan down, see mine and Kikkers posts and assume I was on the same page as I was when I went to bed the previous night! I WASNT! LOL....ohhhh Boy...Harry Goofs AGAIN! LOL.....

Well its day 3 after my 1st drop and everything's ok! I'm tired and Fatigued as heck,and just kinda "Foggy" but that just goes with the territory. Ive been reading posts by others on Suboxone, and alot of them say they feel "Tired & Fatigued" and some a lil confused, so I'm gonna attribute it to the Subs....Sorry I got confused, posting on 2 threads, as I said before I,m still "Foggy-Brained" and not quite myself, so please bare with my "Goofs" and blunders guys, and just laugh it off with me OR at me, lol...I don't care..its all good!

And iloerose, Please, don't give it a second thought, I don't think your insulting me by laughing at my goofy goofs! LOL...I'm my own worst critic, and I laugh at myself all the time! So No Worries ok Hon!!!!

Hope today finds Kikker feeling better...I'm worried about you bro...you feeling any better today? Are you running any fever Kik? Get Well Man....we're pullin for ya!

Well, guess I better do something productive before the masses hit me ...I only work til 2pm today then Im off til Tues, ( i know I know...Bankers Hours lol) I'm planning another reduction for Saturday but as I've learned here, I'll wait to see how I feel and go from there! No Hurry, Not a Race...All I gotta do is Finish!!!!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Dang it you're teasing me with the thread part aren't you? Because I got your thread and Came2b's mixed up. Hope your doing o.k. today and the drop is going good. Fatigue is the most common symptom that seems to linger. Try B-6 and L-Tyrosine for energy. Stay away from energy drinks and such. You will finish. No, getting sober is not a race. Do it right, do it once and you never have to use again. Feels good to think that! Just wishing you a good day!

Peace,

Iloerose

P.S.: Kikker if you're out there, just ping us so we know that you're o.k.
    HarrySmooth likes this.

Hey Rose, yeah I got the two threads mixed up too! LOL...I'm just gonna "Stay Put" here so I dont get in any trouble! LOL...
    Havent heard from Kikker today...I hope he's ok, poor guy is sick as a dog I know! I have a question Rose...Check my math for me...I'm on 3mg a day, doing 1.5mg 2x daily at 9am and 6pm...if everything goes right and I feel stable, and good enough, I plan to drop another 25% on Sat/Sun...so 25% off of 3mg is 2.25mg Right? 1.125mg 2x Daily...am I right? I sure dont want to screw this one up...its a crucial one!

Quote Originally Posted by HarrySmooth View Post
    Hey Rose, yeah I got the two threads mixed up too! LOL...I'm just gonna "Stay Put" here so I dont get in any trouble! LOL...
    Havent heard from Kikker today...I hope he's ok, poor guy is sick as a dog I know! I have a question Rose...Check my math for me...I'm on 3mg a day, doing 1.5mg 2x daily at 9am and 6pm...if everything goes right and I feel stable, and good enough, I plan to drop another 25% on Sat/Sun...so 25% off of 3mg is 2.25mg Right? 1.125mg 2x Daily...am I right? I sure dont want to screw this one up...its a crucial one!
    hi harry...
    hello iloerose...

i hope u both are doing well today.
    i can't tell u what it means to have u concerned about me...
    i really and truly appreciate it.

i went to my family doc today...
    and for sure i have the flu.
    my temp was 101.
    he gave me some antibiotics for a few days.
    home to rest and not much else.
    eating that chicken soup and staying hydrated.
    tks so much for the thoughts u guys.
    u both are truly wonderful friends.

ur math is right on harry.
    nothing to it figuring the dose out.
    u've got it mastered.
    happy ur reducing ur dose harry.
    ur doing all the right things.

now quit mixing up the threads. lol.
    so funny about that with u guys.
    i can assure u i have done it before and certain i will do it again.

i will be around but mostly laying down.
    if u need ANYTHING don't hesitate to ask...
    either of u.
    i'll be checking here on and off.

tks again to u both.
    ur the best!
    HarrySmooth likes this.

Heyyyyyy THERE HE IS!!!!! Oh Man I had a feeling you had the flu from what you were describing...Ugh, man Im sorry. I KNOW you feel like He**! I hope the AB's knock that bug outa ya FAST!
    So good! My Math is right, my Head is Right, Now if my Body will co-operate I'm gonna do my next drop sat/Sun!! I actually felt pretty good this afternoon...got some energy back, the fog seemed to clear a lil, I even came home and shampoo'd some rugs and stuff. Had good energy! Thats a VERY good sign, so I'm feeling really positive about this upcoming "drop"!
    And Kikker, you hang in there Bro! I know you feel like total poop, but those AB's oughta knock it out of ya pretty quick and you may even feel like your ol self again by the weekend! We're "rootin" for ya man!
    Thanks for the Math Check! Now Cutting those dang strips down to .125 is gonna be my challenge! LOL...I'll handle it!
    Thanks Man! Get to feeling Better Bro!!!!
    hi harry...
    hello iloerose...

i hope u both are doing well today.
    i can't tell u what it means to have u concerned about me...
    i really and truly appreciate it.

i went to my family doc today...
    and for sure i have the flu.
    my temp was 101.
    he gave me some antibiotics for a few days.
    home to rest and not much else.
    eating that chicken soup and staying hydrated.
    tks so much for the thoughts u guys.
    u both are truly wonderful friends.

ur math is right on harry.
    nothing to it figuring the dose out.
    u've got it mastered.
    happy ur reducing ur dose harry.
    ur doing all the right things.

now quit mixing up the threads. lol.
    so funny about that with u guys.
    i can assure u i have done it before and certain i will do it again.

i will be around but mostly laying down.
    if u need ANYTHING don't hesitate to ask...
    either of u.
    i'll be checking here on and off.

tks again to u both.
    ur the best!

hey harry...
    how ya doing guy?

i just wanted to say hello this evening.
    u been providing help to others and that's awesome!
    u've been a big help.

i just posted to came2b.
    tks for ur post to her.
    very well done!

i feel like i've been hit by a truck.
    going to bed now.
    have a great nite...

talk to u tomorrrow probably.

hi iloersoe...
    hope ur doing well tonight.
    check my post to came2b...
    see what u think please.
    tks...talk to u later.

Ya mean you can go to bed right in the middle of this Stimulating Vice Pres Debate??? HA!...Me too my Brother....Im hittin the hay as well...
    Thanks for the kind words on my posting...I kinda just "Fill in" when I see someone post and doesnt get a quick reply, I just jump in and tell em "Wait for you guys" LOL.... Wow, came2b is almost on the same schedule I am! Just dropping to 4mg on sat, and Im goin down to 2.25mg on Sat, so she is right behind me, but Holy Smokes she started on some HIGH doses ey? Whew, No WAY I coulda handled that high of a dose, 6mg put me into PWS...ANywayyyyyyyy Im a Ramblin again..LOL...
    I am so sorry you feel so bad man...you should feel better tomorrow on the AB's! I Hope so!
    Sleep Well my Brother!
    Hey Rose if you pop in later, just wanna say HI!!!!!!! And Nighty Night!

Well its day 4 after my 1st Drop and still feeling really good! The weather is perfect, I dont feel as tired this morning, (hopefully that wont change as the day wears on!) And things are looking AND feeling Much better today. If things dont change, tomorrow will be drop #2, down from 3mg/day to 2.25...or 1.125 2x Daily! I'm excited about it, but a little Nervous...but I was nervous about this 1st drop too, and as it turns out needlessly! Hope tomorrow is the same way! I'm getting better at cutting my Strips, I actually Printed out the Picture Rose posted of what the Subs should look like cut, and I marked on it with pencil the exact length of the 8mg strip, then measured 1/2 of that on my drawing, then half again, and just use that as my "Template" my pencil lines show thru the strip very plainly, so its a good guide for cutting! Well, anywayyyyyyyyy Hope everyone has a great day!
    Kikker, are you feeling any better Bro???? Sure hope so man....we miss ya and are thinking about you dude! Get Well Soon!
    Rose, Came2b, mirabellesmom, irish, hope everyone of you has the Best day EVER!!!!
    Your ol pal Hair

Oh and one other thing...I asked this a while back but I dont think anyone answered...
    How long should I wait before eating or drinking after doing my subs?? Ive been waiting an hour...cant eat really early in the AM but starving now! anyone know?

Mirabellesmom is offline Member

I am doing alright, having a bit of difficulty adjusting to my last drop, but i feel a bit better this morning and hope that the w/ds level out soon... sorry to hear of your flu Kikker... seems like a slap in the face when you are trying so hard to get yourself better then a random bug knocks you on your but!...

stick with it and it gets better huh? that seems to be the way of it... take care and hugz!

Hang in there Mom!!! See, your feeling a bit better today, and you will feel a bit better tomorrow! It only gets better Hon! Your doing the right thing, and remember....it took a Long time to get to where you are now, you cant fix it overnight, but you ARE Fixing it! Yur doing SUCH a great job and you are inspiration to all of us! Keep up the Great work, as I am following your progress/Story and it gives me alot of what I need to get clean and stay there! You have good friends here that care very much about you...Rose, Kikker, me....we'll get thru this TOGETHER Mom dont worry! We Can and We WILL do it! Lets just stick together ALL of us, and we will see this thru!
    Hope you have the Best day EVER!
    Hair

Quote Originally Posted by HarrySmooth View Post
    Oh and one other thing...I asked this a while back but I dont think anyone answered...
    How long should I wait before eating or drinking after doing my subs?? Ive been waiting an hour...cant eat really early in the AM but starving now! anyone know?
    hey harry...how goes it today?
    hope ur doing well and plugging along.

about the wait to eat or drink after taking the subs...
    i believe it's recommended to not eat or drink 1/2 hr before or after.
    i eat and drink anytime i want to.
    i've eaten and drank immediately before and after my dose.
    it's never affected me at all.
    so basically up to u.
    i personally don't really believe it matters at all...
    my opinion only.

some believe the sub dissolves quickly if u take a drink before ur dose.
    personal opinion i guess.

ur doin great pal.
    really good with ur taper.
    seems like ur leveling out.
    and feelin better and better.
    knew u would.

keep doin what ur doin.
    u'll get there real soon.
    proud of u dude!

Heyyyyy Thanks Kikker! I just waited an hour to give it plenty of time to dissolve under my tongue...
    Soooooooooooo, Hows our boy this Morning???? Ya feeling any better man?
    And thanks man...I do feel better and looks like im on target for tomorrows drop!
    Let us know how your feeling bro!~

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast