tks for asking..
    i appreciate that.
    mostly still laying around...
    but i think the meds are working.
    tks again.

great that ur reducing tomorrow.
    have a good one!

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

I HAVE a good one....just need a LONGER one! LOL....... Thats GREAT your feeling better dude! Im so glad! Thats gotta be miserable going thru the flu with everything else you have going on Bro...Well, Im gonna ride into town and get some chlorine for the pool, and do some stuff OUTSIDE today. I'm sooooo Pale, and drawn from being cooped up in this house for so long, Im going to get out today and STAY out for awhile! Take it easy today man, and dont try to do too much...Your "On the Mend" Bro! We're all thinking about ya man! Glad your doing better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post
    yeah, i do feel a little better.
    tks for asking..
    i appreciate that.
    mostly still laying around...
    but i think the meds are working.
    tks again.

great that ur reducing tomorrow.
    have a good one!

Well, day 4 after 1st drop come and gone with no issues! I think I am going to be fine for my 2nd drop tomorrow...Hope everyone is doing well....and Hope Your getting well Kikker! Didnt see you post today, I hope thats a good sign, and your at work and busy!
    Hope everyone else is doing Great as well! Hey Rose, Hey MMom, Blueeyes, ya'll have a Great Friday night! Im in for the night with a "Burn Notice Marathon" LOL....
    I'll let you know how my drop goes tomorrow!
    See Ya!

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

hi harry...
    how are u this evening?
    u sure sound good...
    very positive and committed to ur plan.
    that's just great!

ur reduction will go just fine...
    ur more than ready for it.
    u set urself up real well for it.
    that's what positive thinking will do for ya.

i'm feeling a little bit better.
    i'm reducing to .25 mg tomorrow myself.
    going to go smooth and looking forward to it.
    even tho i have the flu, the sub therapy is going well.
    so 4-7 days on .25 mg and then i will probably skip days and be done.

nice to see ya helping others harry.
    ur gaining knowledge and experience...
    and paying it forward.
    so nice to see and read ur posts!
    nice work buddy.

i'm done for the night most likely.
    rest time and watching some baseball i guess.
    hope u all have a nice evening.
    talk to u later.

Heyyyyyyy Bro!
    I am SO glad your feeling better man! I was thinking about you today, and was hoping that you were feeling better! WOW, you really are getting down to the wire aint cha? .25mg! Excellent! Thats great news! Not much longer now Budroe!
    Im anxious to see how the "Day Skipping" goes...
    Oh I'm doing pretty good, felt really good today, had some good energy...went and got some B-12 like you told me and I think it helps man! Good Call!
    I'm trying my best to jump in there and help others that are going thru what I went thru, but dont let me get "too big for my britches" man, if you see me giving bad advice you jump on me man!I I dont want to give ANYONE bad advice, so watch me! Well, Im doing a "Burn Notice Marathon" tonight....ever watch that show? I just started it from Season one on Netflix, and its Really good!
    But anywayyyyyyyy, you have a Great Night Brother, and let us know how everthing goes tomorrow ok?
    Night ya'll
    hi harry...
    how are u this evening?
    u sure sound good...
    very positive and committed to ur plan.
    that's just great!

ur reduction will go just fine...
    ur more than ready for it.
    u set urself up real well for it.
    that's what positive thinking will do for ya.

i'm feeling a little bit better.
    i'm reducing to .25 mg tomorrow myself.
    going to go smooth and looking forward to it.
    even tho i have the flu, the sub therapy is going well.
    so 4-7 days on .25 mg and then i will probably skip days and be done.

nice to see ya helping others harry.
    ur gaining knowledge and experience...
    and paying it forward.
    so nice to see and read ur posts!
    nice work buddy.

i'm done for the night most likely.
    rest time and watching some baseball i guess.
    hope u all have a nice evening.
    talk to u later.

Ok Doing my 2nd Drop today...from 3mg/Day to 2.25mg/Day 1.125mg 2x daily...If my math is right..gonna be a challenge cutting the 1mg down to 1/8th, we'll see how it goes....that Picture Rose Posted is an Invaluble tool for beginners like me...we should keep that photo floating around for others....I saved it so if anyone else needs it I have it.....but dont know how to post pictures here....anyone help with that?

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hi Harry! Yesterday was a busy day and now I'm in the north country for the weekend. Nothing was going to stop me from getting up in the woods. You did your maths right. Try to get your cuts even, but as you know in the pic, you probably aren't going to be 100% accurate. That's o.k. And just think: Your next drop will be to 1mg. 2X daily! You really don't have many cuts to do! So look on the bright side. I'm sure you're drop will go just fine. To post that pic, just copy it and paste it into your post. Yahoo! You're getting there and you don't sound so nervous anymore either. I hope you enjoy your weekend! I'm in the northcountry so will try to keep up.

Am up in the north country of MI. going to rain all weekend, but I don't care, that's what waterproof carhardts are for. I'm just glad to be away from school for a bit. Right now the problem isn't with the students it's with all the vultures at the top trying to pick the bones of ed.: Admin. wants everything to "look" good. Politicians want to let their buddies in private business get a piece of our tax pie. Looking forward to a relaxing day with family and the sleepiness of a rainy day.

Peace,

Iloerose

Kikker:

I hope you're getting some much needed rest. I'm up in the northcountry of MI. Had to get away from school for a few days and clear my head (and grade some papers). Glad the anitbiotics are working for you. Am thinking get healthy thoughts your way..... I hope your drop goes smoothly. You are doing so well! I'm proud of you. Addiction is like no other and you are one true warrior.

Peace,

Iloerose

Hey Rose, Yup, I calculated my next drop to be .87mg so I guess what your telling me is just round that UP to 1mg??? I am SO jealous your up in the North Country! Myself and 6 other old High School buddies have a Hunt camp in GA on 1400 acres, and I havent been up there in over a Month! Havent felt like it with all thats been going on here...but gonna go in 2 weeks to get away!
    Yes, I dont feel as nervous about my cutting and drops anymore since your Picture..that was the Key, it REALLY helped a lot! I just did my 1st dose at 1.125mg this morning and it WAS a challenge getting that little 1/8mg dose cut, but I did it..and I dont feel bad either...course I wouldnt for a while, but I think its gonna be OK!
    You have Fun up there in the "North Country" Relax, clear your mind and enjoy yourself! I only have One Son as well, 24 yrs old and in the Coast Guard, so Im not expecting any "Grand Babies" anytime soon either..lol....I WISH! Maybe some day!
    Hope everyone is doing well, Hope Kikker is Better, and getting over his Flu!
    Talk to ya'll soon!
    Hare
    Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Hi Harry! Yesterday was a busy day and now I'm in the north country for the weekend. Nothing was going to stop me from getting up in the woods. You did your maths right. Try to get your cuts even, but as you know in the pic, you probably aren't going to be 100% accurate. That's o.k. And just think: Your next drop will be to 1mg. 2X daily! You really don't have many cuts to do! So look on the bright side. I'm sure you're drop will go just fine. To post that pic, just copy it and paste it into your post. Yahoo! You're getting there and you don't sound so nervous anymore either. I hope you enjoy your weekend! I'm in the northcountry so will try to keep up.

Am up in the north country of MI. going to rain all weekend, but I don't care, that's what waterproof carhardts are for. I'm just glad to be away from school for a bit. Right now the problem isn't with the students it's with all the vultures at the top trying to pick the bones of ed.: Admin. wants everything to "look" good. Politicians want to let their buddies in private business get a piece of our tax pie. Looking forward to a relaxing day with family and the sleepiness of a rainy day.

Peace,

Iloerose

Hey Kikker/Rose, did anyone check on Mirabellesmom this Morning?? Sounds like she is having a tough time with this drop...might wanna check on her.....

Harry, I hit up Mira. She's going to have a tough time. This is like the death from a 1000 cuts thing. It's not going to be easy at all. This is the toughest type of w/d as you experience symptoms all the way down and right to the end, then you have w/d for some days, not as bad, but still. Gotta try to keep her going. It's tough to be in a constant state of w/d. Anyways. From that dirge like info: How are you? You watch some football today? My parents are watching golf. Jeez, I thought golf season was over. LOL. Haven't heard from kikker, but hope he pops up and lets us know how he's going.

Hope your days good and your drop went smoothly.

Peace,

Iloerose

Oh Im so glad you talked to her, Poor thing she is having such a rough time of it....I couldnt IMAGINE! Nah, not watching any football, bores me to tears! LOL...Im probably the only man in the south that doesnt! Just another reason to sit on the couch as far as Im concerned! LOL...
    I feel good today after my drop...still a lil lazy, but working thru it...
    My next drop I calculated to be .87mg 2x daily but didnt you suggest I just round that up to 1mg? sure would be easier! LOL....How are YOU doing? Still up in the North COuntry??? Bet its beautiful!
    Havent heard from Kikker...he's probably "out & about" he said he was feeling better, so he is probably doing some "Catching Up"....Hope all is well with you!
    Lemme know about that rounding up to 1mg.....
    Thanks Rose!
    Harry
    Harry, I hit up Mira. She's going to have a tough time. This is like the death from a 1000 cuts thing. It's not going to be easy at all. This is the toughest type of w/d as you experience symptoms all the way down and right to the end, then you have w/d for some days, not as bad, but still. Gotta try to keep her going. It's tough to be in a constant state of w/d. Anyways. From that dirge like info: How are you? You watch some football today? My parents are watching golf. Jeez, I thought golf season was over. LOL. Haven't heard from kikker, but hope he pops up and lets us know how he's going.

Hope your days good and your drop went smoothly.

Peace,

Iloerose

hey buddy...
    yep, round that next dose up to 1 mg for sure.
    that's what i suggest every time.
    makes things so much easier.
    will make things so easy from there on down in doses.

i just posted to mirabellasmom also.
    tks for the heads up.

i'm doing just fine now...
    just real busy catching up...
    and had 2 birthday partys to attend.

hey iloerose..how are ya girl?
    i see u live in MI...
    guess what...so do i.
    the north is really beautiful...
    especially right now with the turning leaf colors.
    i visit up north quite often.
    tks so much for the kind thoughts...
    and well wishes.
    i'm doing much better now.

yeah harry, u sound so much better than the first few days. lol.
    more at ease with this taper.
    proud of u buddy.

wanted to preach to u about something if i could please...
    about remaing clean once we both get there.
    want u to think about this...
    setting up a support system when u get clean.
    our way just didn't work before...
    so we both need to do something diff...
    like na/aa/or cr (celebrate recovery).

i know that i'm going for certain...
    and hope u will also decide to go.
    i believe it's a MUST if we are to REMAIN clean for the long run.
    wayyyy too much temptation out there...for us to handle alone.
    so pls consider going to one of these support groups.
    like i said, i'm going for certain...
    and work those 12 steps...
    after finding a sponsor.

hope ur with me on this.
    i believe it's an absolute must!
    let me know how u feel about it.

Hey Kikker,
    Glad your doing so much better man! Great News!
    Yes Sir, I AM DEFINITELY going to check out some support groups in my area, I already found the local NA group, and also looking at my VA Support groups as well. Im right there with ya Buddy, Im going to do this RIGHT this time, NO slip ups! I will NEVER go back to the way it was before EVER EVER again Kikker! I cant, I wont....I cant handle it anymore, I want to be clean and FREE! Its been so long I dont even know what that feels like anymore...I really dont! Been doing drugs since Jr High School and never been away from them Since! Pot, Coke, >>>>>>, Pills, Mushrooms, Acid, you name it, Ive done it...I dont even Smoke weed or Drink anymore...gave up drinking about 14 months ago...was scared I was gonna overdose on the Pills AND the Drinking so I couldnt quit the pills so I quit the Drinking, ad will never go back to that again either!
    Im with ya Bro...and Please, lets keep up with one another here, or email, Facebook, whatever, but lets all stay in touch. I like the feeling it gives me from sharing my experience with others here....and I think I may want to help others in the form of some kind of Volunteer work at the VA or something in their Drug Program...We'll see...but if I can Help others thru their times of need like You and Rose did for me...I cant think of anything more satisfying....
    Well, Back to my "Burn Notice Marathon" LOL.....Will talk to you soon man!

Hair
    hey buddy...
    yep, round that next dose up to 1 mg for sure.
    that's what i suggest every time.
    makes things so much easier.
    will make things so easy from there on down in doses.

i just posted to mirabellasmom also.
    tks for the heads up.

i'm doing just fine now...
    just real busy catching up...
    and had 2 birthday partys to attend.

hey iloerose..how are ya girl?
    i see u live in MI...
    guess what...so do i.
    the north is really beautiful...
    especially right now with the turning leaf colors.
    i visit up north quite often.
    tks so much for the kind thoughts...
    and well wishes.
    i'm doing much better now.

yeah harry, u sound so much better than the first few days. lol.
    more at ease with this taper.
    proud of u buddy.

wanted to preach to u about something if i could please...
    about remaing clean once we both get there.
    want u to think about this...
    setting up a support system when u get clean.
    our way just didn't work before...
    so we both need to do something diff...
    like na/aa/or cr (celebrate recovery).

i know that i'm going for certain...
    and hope u will also decide to go.
    i believe it's a MUST if we are to REMAIN clean for the long run.
    wayyyy too much temptation out there...for us to handle alone.
    so pls consider going to one of these support groups.
    like i said, i'm going for certain...
    and work those 12 steps...
    after finding a sponsor.

hope ur with me on this.
    i believe it's an absolute must!
    let me know how u feel about it.

Kikker you are absolutely right: A support group is absolutely a necessity. Getting clean is relatively easy, staying clean is difficult. I don't think there is anyon here on these boards, any thread, that would knock NA, CR or whatever someone chooses, in fact, support groups are regularly advocated for. I hope you guys both do this. I'd sure like to know how you guys get on. It's odd, but I find when I don't see either of you, I worry . Both of you are getting so close and I'm proud of both of you.

And as far as paying it forward: Harry you're experiences and support are invaluable here. Kikker you know how I feel about what you have done here, I hope. Look at what both of you guys have done for Mira. People come here scared, confused, hurting, support and hope on these boards have helped many people get clean and stay clean.

Yeah, Kikker I'm up in the berg of Elk Rapids. My dog's going crazy because all it's done is rain. But the drive for the weekend was sure worth it! I love it up here. And Harry, it's raining so much here that an afternoon nap was a necessity w/ golf not football in the background.

Peace,

Iloerose

Well its funny you say that Rose, cause as odd as it seems, I found myself worrying about Kikker the past few days he's been so sick...Funny how people can grow close without ever meeting face 2 face isnt it?
    I just remember how I felt that 1st day here...I came here in Desperation...I didnt have ANYONE to talk to, I felt alone and desperate. I was SO very Sick,and scared, and tried to "play it off" with a lil humor that Im sure you guys saw thru immediately. I was so sick when I came here I couldnt focus on the computer screen, nor could I even SIT here for more than a few lines before having to get up and "Pace" some more. But when Kikker saw my desperation, he spoke with me in a way that had a "Calming effect" on me...I thought "someone like ME out there, thats going thru the same thing I am" And he helped me every step of the way since. And You Rose, with your wisdom and experience, calming me down when I was so apprehensive and Worrying about every lil thing. Thats why when I saw Mirabellesmom's post today I "felt" the Pain, and desperation in her words, and I wanted to say something to her, but just couldnt for some reason...I think because I hadnt quite BEEN where she is, and didnt want to confuse or mislead her in any way. Thats why I put word out for one of you two to go talk to her...I was "Worried" about her!
    This has been one HECKUVAN ordeal we have all been thru/going thru, and if a few words from me can help ease some of that pain for someone else, then I want to Help! Just as you both did for me!
    Thank You Both for that!
    Kikker you are absolutely right: A support group is absolutely a necessity. Getting clean is relatively easy, staying clean is difficult. I don't think there is anyon here on these boards, any thread, that would knock NA, CR or whatever someone chooses, in fact, support groups are regularly advocated for. I hope you guys both do this. I'd sure like to know how you guys get on. It's odd, but I find when I don't see either of you, I worry . Both of you are getting so close and I'm proud of both of you.

And as far as paying it forward: Harry you're experiences and support are invaluable here. Kikker you know how I feel about what you have done here, I hope. Look at what both of you guys have done for Mira. People come here scared, confused, hurting, support and hope on these boards have helped many people get clean and stay clean.

Yeah, Kikker I'm up in the berg of Elk Rapids. My dog's going crazy because all it's done is rain. But the drive for the weekend was sure worth it! I love it up here. And Harry, it's raining so much here that an afternoon nap was a necessity w/ golf not football in the background.

Peace,

Iloerose

Day 2 of Drop #2....
    Feel REALLY tired this morning, cant seem to get moving. Took some Melatonin last night to help me sleep and slept really hard...maybe thats why Im so tired this morning. Just did my morning 1.125mg dose, and going to "chill" for a bit...back is sore, body is sore...but I did alot yesterday, cleaned both roofs off, and did some yard work, probably why Im sore this AM....just sitting here "spacing out"...going back to the Dr tuesday, maybe I will actually get to SEE him this time! If they dont put the Old "Drug Addict" down to the bottom of the list like they did last week, and I had to leave to get to work before he saw me!
    Hope everyone is doing well today!
    Kikker, you all well man??? Hope your feeling much better!
    Rose, you gonna be heading home today? Hope you had a great, relaxing weekend away!
    I'll check back in a lil later!

And never let it be said that our "4-legged" friends cant help you thru this experience! My "lil Man Schneider" has been there for me thru every minute of this ordeal...he doesnt judge nor does he complain...so take comfort with your 4-leggers, they can and WILL help you thru this!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-14-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Hmmmmm, I tried that "Copy & Paste" photo into my post but it didnt work...is there another way to post a pic? I tried the "Insert Image" command on the tool bar of the post but it wants a URL??should I put the location of my photo on my computer there?

Peace,

Iloerose

Yo Kikker! How are you feeling man? Hope your all better, and back to 100% Let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by HarrySmooth View Post
    Yo Kikker! How are you feeling man? Hope your all better, and back to 100% Let us know!
    yeah, i'm about back to normal....
    whatever that is. lol.
    tks for asking harry..
    i feel loads better today.

glad ur moving forward on ur taper...
    ur the man!

Good Deal Man! Glad your back to "Normal"! LOL....
    Yeah the taper seems to be going smoothly...other than this Chronic Fatigue! Ugh....so tired of being tired!
    yeah, i'm about back to normal....
    whatever that is. lol.
    tks for asking harry..
    i feel loads better today.

glad ur moving forward on ur taper...
    ur the man!

Whew, Too "Pooped to Pop"!! Had a good day, stayed busy, no issues other than the Fatigue and soreness from working yesterday...I know this fatigue is from the subs, Its gotta be...its a really intense fatigue, just absolutely zero Energy...cant seem to shake it...once I get working I dont really notice it, but boy oh boy let me stop to take a break and it just LOOMS over me...But, tomorrow is a better day, and as long as im clean, I can handle a lil fatigue I reckon... Well, hope everyone has a great night, Season premiere of :The Walking Dead" tonight! DOnt wanna miss THAT! LOL.....No PUN intended! LMAO! Get it? Walking Dead....Me Fatigued!!! Walking Dead....LOL...Nevermind!!!!!! LMAO
    Night ya'll

Hey, Harry, Yup, headed for home today, gotta work tomorrow. Rained most of the weekend, but stopped while I was driving back and contrasts in the sky and the colors of the trees was spectacular! Raining here now, so good sleeping weather.
    Your drops seem to be going along just fine! Glad you're keeping yourself busy. You sure don't let any grass grow under your feet! Yup that's one of the symptoms most often reported: fatigue, but I also guess you did a good job of tiring yourself out! But that's good because you're getting your natural endorphines moving once you get those kicking in for themselves after being lazy from the drugs, you'll be fine! It takes awhile for the brain part to kick in and get back on track, but you will. The tired from working will be a real satisfying tired. But man were you busy this weekend. Try adding b-6 and L-tyrosine. That's what many people try for the fatigue.
    The walking dead? LOL harry. laughing at your own jokes. Too funny. On a serious note: I'm waiting for Fringes to come out on the science channel. Enjoy your Walking Dead.
    Oh and I couldn't copy and paste that pic either. It can be googled under cutting suboxone strips. It's the first image. I'll try to find out what's up with not being able to post it.
    You have a good night, Walking Dead? Reminds me of sleep walking.

Night.

rose
    HarrySmooth likes this.

Kikker: I'm so glad you're feeling better! How are your drops going? Had an amazing ride home from TC area. The rain broke, clouds, wind, light rain, beautiful contrast, beautiful colors. Wish I had shot some photos, but didn't In a hurry to get home and get work done for this week. But not in too much of a hurry to appreciate the beauty of the fall colors. Sleep well,

rose

To post an image you have to click on the image icon: and then right click on the image and click copy image URL and then post. Does this make sense?

Kikker: I'm so glad you're feeling better! How are your drops going? Had an amazing ride home from TC area. The rain broke, clouds, wind, light rain, beautiful contrast, beautiful colors. Wish I had shot some photos, but didn't In a hurry to get home and get work done for this week. But not in too much of a hurry to appreciate the beauty of the fall colors. Sleep well,

rose
    hello rose....
    sounds like ur weekend was awesome.
    yeah, those fall colors are beautiful.
    it rained so hard here i thought my roof was coming down.
    i mean it poured and poured for hours on sat...
    and then rained again today.

glad u had a chance to get away.
    i'm sure it was needed for u.

harry...how goes it this evening?
    walking dead....funny stuff. lol.
    iloerose is right about the l-tyrosine.
    lots of people here have used it.
    i personally haven't myself...
    but the others say it helps some of them.
    certainly worth a try.

add the b6 and b12.

enjoy ur show tonight.
    talk to u later.
    HarrySmooth likes this.

Hey Rose, glad a lil rain didnt ruin your weekend! I Love the rain, I embrace it! And I watch "Fringe" too! this season is amazing!!!
    So I click the image button and put the URL (Pic is stored on my computer, so I put the location? i.e. documents/mypictures/foldera/subfolderb?
    To post an image you have to click on the image icon: and then right click on the image and click copy image URL and then post. Does this make sense?

Hey Kikker, yeah walking Dead is one of my favorite shows! And I did get the B-12, But I will look for the l-Tyrosine as well....Drug Store? Health Food Store?
    Glad your all better Man, sounded like it was "touch & go" there for awhile Bro! LOL.....No kidding, really glad your better man!
    hello rose....
    sounds like ur weekend was awesome.
    yeah, those fall colors are beautiful.
    it rained so hard here i thought my roof was coming down.
    i mean it poured and poured for hours on sat...
    and then rained again today.

glad u had a chance to get away.
    i'm sure it was needed for u.

harry...how goes it this evening?
    walking dead....funny stuff. lol.
    iloerose is right about the l-tyrosine.
    lots of people here have used it.
    i personally haven't myself...
    but the others say it helps some of them.
    certainly worth a try.

add the b6 and b12.

enjoy ur show tonight.
    talk to u later.

Ugh, Soooooo tired this Morning....Oh this Chronic Fatigue is Horrible, Im tellin ya it is a battle to just get UP! Im sitting here just in a daze...dont want to Move...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast