Rehab in a bit over a month, need to get off Suboxone et. al. dosage?
    mrLobster is offline New Member

Default Rehab in a bit over a month, need to get off Suboxone et. al. dosage?

hi,
    sorry to be asking such a demanding question as my first contribution to the forum,
    but I'm suddenly waking up to the fact that in a little over a month, there's a hospital bed waiting
    for me for a week, then 6 month rehab (third time is the charm!) and with memories fresh from another
    pre-rehab period where I went the "flame-out" method of preparing...bad idea, and propably a symptom that I wasn't ready...

Anyways, I really need to be down to 0 mg Sub and be done with the worst nightmares and sweats before...let's say 22 of July.

Been on H to cope with amphetamine to cope with work for some years, last two unemployed and doing 0,5-3G H or 4mg Subtext. This January thing fell a bit apart and without thinking I accepted being put on 16mg, crazy...

Last month been a little H, 180mg Morphine Sulphate or 1-16mg Subutex daily, and to get off I have 15 8mg Subutex (maybe too much?) and 30 10mg Diazepam. I'm no fan of ripping the band-aid slowly (this was all so much easier before I knew of Sub ;-)), but reading posts here and around I get a distinct sense that going cold-turkey would cause unneccessary amounts of WD compared to doing it over a period of 3-5 weeks.

Am homeless until rehab (well, homeless Norwegian style...mother and camping... :-)) and just want to get my bearings, so if anyone has any specific tips, I'd be most grateful...and will share the story if it's of interest
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-03-2014 at 03:20 AM. Reason: typing

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome Mr. Lobster!

Everyone's story is important and interesting and will help someone else. Don't ever hesitate to post about yourself, not matter what you want to share or whatever question you may have. Undoubtedly, there will be someone that has a similar story and can offer advice to you. Please start your own thread and you can share your story there and ask for advice. It will be a lot easier for folks to find you directly without having to search others' threads to check up on you and continue to provide their advice.

You will see from my post to AlmostThere, whose thread this belongs to, that I have NO experience with subs aside from what I've learned here reading other threads and following other successful tapers. Once people see your post on your own thread, you will get wonderful advice from those who DO have personal experience. I'll set up threads on both the "Need to Talk" and Suboxone Treatment" Boards and name them "Mr. Lobster Needs Quick Sub Taper Advice".

Wow! Last month it sounds like you were doing quite the cocktail depending upon the day. If I were you, I'd do whatever it takes to eliminate everything immediately except one. Again, WOW. If you choose to do the accepted sub taper with a .25% reduction every 4 days or so you will only have enough time to properly taper to around 1.25 mg by 7/22. My understanding is that this dose is going to be a bit ch to jump from. (Others' thoughts, please??). Even if you try to reduce every three days, some are able to do that, you are still going to be at .70/day and that I think is still to high to attempt a jump without considerable consequences.

From what I've read, your current dose of 4 mg/day may still be higher than you may need and perhaps you can try a major reduction the first time to see how you feel remembering that it will probably take a couple/few days to really know how you feel. So, let's see--if you are able to do an immediate reduction to 2mg/day with a 25% drop every three days you will be still be at nearly .5 mg/day on 7/18 with your next reduction due on 7/21 to around .33. I have no idea if this is doable or not but the lower you can get by the time you get into detox if that's where you are going to make the jump, the better off you will be. I just have never used subs so I couldn't predict how the next three weeks will go.

In order to be at 0 subs by 7/22, according to my math it would require you to begin with 2 mg/day immediately and make a 50% drop every four days. Your final drop to .25 would be on 7/15 when you can try to jump or make one more reduction on 7/19--3 days before you go to detox. I'm not sure if this is doable or not!! So, PLEASE start your own thread and because the math has been done, explain that you want to jump before 7/22 and in order with what time is left, you would have to immediately do a 50% reduction to 2 mg/day (that one may be OK) but then continue to make 50% reductions every 4 days. I gotta feeling that in the sub world, this will be ripping the bandaid off but at least it is some sort of taper.

In the meantime, STOP all the other stuff!!!! I'll check for you on your own thread so go there and continue to post your updates there. Everyone else, please look for Mr. Lobster on his new threads so that we're not stomping all over this one. Thanks.

Best of luck!

Peace,

Cat

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

OOPS!! I see that you already had your own thread. Well, now you have 2...maybe you'll get twice the advice!?! Sorry about that. I need another cup of coffee!!!

Peace,

Cat

mrLobster is offline New Member

As I'm sitting my mothers cats this week, thus having a non-stressful living arrangement since January, I've cut straight down to 1mg, bring the pain while the weather is nice and my will to fight is "unassailable" (lost a old user-friend to MS just a few days ago, and my father has stage 4 lung cancer, but is fighting it remarkably qwll...my cup is full, no more exuses cause no more emotional space ;-).

Am going to try to cycle as much as possible, endorphines are maybe not a party-drug, but the normality of feeling a liitle better is comforting (and sane)

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

You jumped from 16mg. to 1mg.? Hang Tough!

Peace,

Iloerose

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrLobster View Post
    As I'm sitting my mothers cats this week, thus having a non-stressful living arrangement since January, I've cut straight down to 1mg, bring the pain while the weather is nice and my will to fight is "unassailable" (lost a old user-friend to MS just a few days ago, and my father has stage 4 lung cancer, but is fighting it remarkably qwll...my cup is full, no more exuses cause no more emotional space ;-).

Am going to try to cycle as much as possible, endorphines are maybe not a party-drug, but the normality of feeling a liitle better is comforting (and sane)
    mrlobster I am a little confused as to what your daily dose has been recently. Have you been taking 16 mg a day and reduced straight from 16 mg a day to 1 mg a day ?

Alex