Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes
Saftly & painlessly become drug Free from Suboxone
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Do not worry about annoying us with questions, etc. That's what we're here for. Most people are nervous about the cuts at first, it's no thing and what we want you do to until you become more comfortable. The video that many are talking about is a Harry Smooth video. Also the google suboxone cuts are pretty good.
    As far as your back pain, our pain tends to increase with the opiate use because our brain says we need the opiates, the pain will perhaps lessen in time. As far as the spacing of your doses, whatever is comfortable to you is fine.
    One thing, and Alex may disagree (always follow Alex) is to avoid the aleve if you can until you get stable. The one thing that Alex said, as have others is that the four days is not set in stone, you may have to go longer at some doses. It is imperative that you are stable when you do a drop.
    Another thing you can post anything you need to here: even begging and pleading. This is YOUR thread. Post what you need to. It's a journal of your journey. The most important thing is that you get through this process and on with your life.

Peace,

Iloerose
    alexnt and amydogs like this.

amydogs is offline Member

Alex I read your response again. When you say stable what exactly do you mean. If you mean having little to no aide effects from the taper I get you. Just wanted to be sure what you meant for stable. By the way you are crazy good with numbers if you were calculating that all in your head as your were typing. If you want to be filled in on how I'm doing I wrote above, take care math genius ;-)

I am praying my pain gets better as the opiates decress in my body. I used to dance ballet with a company so that's major wear and tear on the body and the 2 horrible car accidents and 1 slip down a flight of stair and broke several areas. So you put all that together and it equals pain. The stem cell work I had done I know made a huge difference after the 3 treatment I was able to get ride of the walker but after another 2 treatments I stayed the same. I get acupuncture, reflexology and spend time in an oxyegen

Sorry i dont know what happened there continuing from where it stopped....Oxygen chamber too help heal the soft tissue. Anyways I hope that after all the meds are out of my system I will have less pain also. By stable and I just asked Alex the same what exactly do you mean. Me taking the Advil is probably somethingsomething I will have to do on and off forever. Is it going to hurt my recovery as I taper down?

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Amy i actually am very good with calculating numbers in my head but lol i did use a calculator and based it on a formula i saw on how fast subs stay in your system. Stable to me is not feeling WD symptoms or like you mentioned little to no side effects. I am glad to see that your Dr told you if you felt you needed to slow the taper down to let him know as one never knows if they are going to be able to drop 25% every 4 days with each drop. I googled cutting sub strips once and it was way after i had finished subs but i remember when i did the Harry Smooth video was on the first page of results. Harry and i tapered last year and he was my taper buddy toward the end of my taper. And guess who was there for both of us with support while we tapered? Rose is the answer to that and im so happy shes here now supporting you. Rose is to kind when she says always follow Alex as her advise is always good. The Harry Smooth video is a you tube video and the upload is by Randy Cumbie by the way and i just checked and its still on the first page of results when i googled cutting suboxone strips. Its 10 30 now and i need to run to the store quickly so i will talk to you later Amy

Alex
    amydogs and iloerose like this.

Thank you Alex, that's too funny about the numbers i was like holy >>>> this guy is crazy good with numbers. LoL. Good too know that video is still there I was busy with my little girls so I haven't been to look for it since my last post. That's really amazing that you and Rose are done with your tapers and still stay on to help out other people. Its a selfless act and a gracious one. Thank you all who are helping me write books to you everyday, yes I like too talk anyway. So Alex me having pain in my lumbar is just ever present the hip pain is subtle but I feel stable and am in no way anxious about tapering down. I do still want to know about the Advil, I can go without taking it but it helps the inflammation in my back and knees. If its going to chemically hinder my taper off Suboixone then I need to know more so I can make a decision on whether to stop Advil or not. FYI I only take it if I am really swollen or the pain is more than normal. Example I have inky taken it 3x since Thanksgiving, so not often anyway. Im off to find Harry Smooth video ;-)
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-12-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Amy not that it matters but im not sure if Rose did any kind of taper or went the CT route. Shes been a member here since 2009 and even though it shows I have been a member here since 2006 I never even knew the forums were here till last Sept or October. I joined in here in 2006 to look up a pill is why it shows me as 2006. She was one of the first people to respond to me when I first posted here last year on Harrys thread. I might not be thinking clear and I hope Rose sees this and responds tomorrow but since you have gone from 16 to 12 and now are at 9mg and seem to be doing ok I would think its ok to take advil. Amy if Rose sees this and points out something that I am over looking at this point then I would listen to her Amy. Rose and I are friends and if she points something out that she thinks im over looking she knows I wont feel insulted lol. There are a handful of people I can think of on this site that in my opinion there advise and wisdom are gold and Rose is one of them Amy. I hope you found Harrys video and it is going to help you out on cutting your strips.

Alex

Amy: I never did the sub route. I did c/t. When Robert_325 left the site and retired there was no one at all doing the sub boards. Because I learned so much from Robert over the years, I stepped in. Yeah, I learned a lot from Robert and when I made a mistake, I learned much from his gentle teachings. As the time progressed, others started responding and helping. Alex helps keep me on track (yes, you do, Alex, I've learned a lot from you as well!) Yes, Amy, we're friends and he will keep you on track and we do back each other up. Alex is THE best. Trust what he says and I will be here as well to get you through this. I will agree with Alex that the advil won't hurt. You've gotten stable on the 12 and now working on 9mg. It's better if you don't have the stress of the extra inflammation from your injuries. I hope your day is going well. Alex is right that you should listen to your body when you drop, the four day taper is not set in stone. He is right about being stable: that is most important and is spot on when he says "little to no symptoms" before you drop. If you have to drop slower at some doses, so be it. The point is to do this right and do it once. You will find as you go that you will become less anxious, there is no magic formula to this: everyone is different.

Peace,
    Rose

PS: You can absolutely place trust in Alex, I do.
    Lincolnecho, amydogs and Ken2727 like this.

Thank you, you guys are so cute how you compliment each other. Today is my second day on the 9mg. Today is really the first day i feel different in a uncomfortable sense. I feel like I have a cold but I don't LOL does that make sense. I have a runny nose and eyes and achy in my hips, a little foggy. My husband is amazing so he has taken the girls shopping so i can just rest and relax all day. It rainy and cold so its a nice day for tea and a good book. I want to tell you all that I am not judgmental at all of whatever anyone's reasons are for being on Suboxone. I only mention that I'm not an addict just so I can get the best advice for someone in my position. I am scared and have never gone through anything like this.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-14-2013 at 03:25 PM.

My husband and I watched Harry Smooths video, his laugh is contagious it makes you laugh too. We see how you cut the strips but can one of you just give me the exact dosage going down. Doing it by calculator of course it doesn't come out even. So I don't know if your rounding up or what. I would feel better know what to go to I'm on 9mg then too 6.75 then to 5mg? I can manage the cutting I hope LOL just give me the run down. I'm so type A I have a container for am/pm and have the doses already cut for the 9mg and the 6.75 in the containers and ready. I know not to think about the dose till I get to it and that may be relaxing for some ;-) but for me its knowledge and preperation.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-14-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Hey, Amy, there are many people that are not addicts, simply dependent on their medications. But the w/d symptoms can be the same, especially coming off of a high dose of opiates as you were on. That is not a problem here, there is no judgement. Everyone is scared at first and worried and anxious about how the cuts go and taper goes, so no worries, post whatever questions or concerns that you need to post. Harry is a real funny guy, if you can find his sub taper, or maybe I'll find it and bump it up, it's a trip to read. He's so very honest about what he goes through.
    Your symptoms are pretty typical and they should even out soon. Seems to me that for people some mild symptoms tend to show on day two, although not always. Remember like Alex said that the drop days are NOT set in stone, but I don't see that you will have a problem. Just take it one day at a time, yeah, I know, type A, LOL.(I wish I had more of that quality in me) But seriously post symptoms that you have. Next drop is 6.75, drop after is 5 mg., next is 3.75. But, yes, we do round up when the doses start to become impossible with the calculator. The important thing is to make sure you are stable at each drop, that is little to no symptoms when drop day comes. Best thing is to try to relax as much as you can and follow your body. You will know. Sounds like a plan with the book, cup of tea and the rain pattering down. Here it is snowing slowly and piling up slowly, but I love the snow

Peace, Rose
    Iwantoff2013, amydogs and Ken2727 like this.

Hi all withdrawal symptoms from yesterday are gone today. Yeah :-) I seem to just have some mild ones on the 2nd or 3rd day then they're gone. So I am more than ready to go down to the 6.75mg tomorrow. If the whole tapper goes this easy I'll be happy.

I need to vent a little. A person has unbareable pain and after several years of dr.s apts and surgeries your sent to a pain clinic where then then try several things with (I can't count how many needles have went in my back over the years) needles and lasers you name it. The whole time telling you to keep taking your pain medicine and telling you to take more and more over time. What they DON'T do it say when you first get to the pain clinic is "we can put you on strong pain medication to help ease your pain but you need to know your options and depending on which option you choose this will be the out come of choosing pain meds. The out come of taking pain medicine over long periods of time WILL, not maybe cause your body to become addicted to the pain medicine so even if your having a good day and you don't need it you must still take it or you'll become very sick. Then if you ever want to stop the medication you will go through what feels like death then you'll have to take another medication and taper off of that too and while doing that you won't feel good either"! Do they do that NO THEY DO NOT! Why because they wouldn't make any money from all your procedures. Its all about $$$$. What happened to the oath they took Do No Harm. Wouldn't that include giving the patient all the facts upfront so they can make an educated decision prior to taking the meds and getting all the procedures that cost thousands of dollars and done and the odds of any of then working are slim at best. ARG! The only thing that worked to a point for me was seem cell procedures thank God but we still had to fly to another state 5x get a rental car pay for a hotel and pay for the procedure which cost a couple thousand each time not covered by insurance. I wonder what all MRIs, CAT scans, X-rays, pain clinic, hospital copays, pain meds, deductibles, hotet bills, rental car fees, gas and food cost over the past 2 1/2 years not to mention the fear, mental exhaustion and time spent. Then you still have to see another dr. For a new med and his fees and we all know SUB cost serious money.
    Okay vent done LOL thanks for listening.
    Iwantoff2013, iloerose and Ken2727 like this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Amy. So glad to hear WD symptoms are gone! It's very common for any minor symptoms to appear on day 2-3 because of the sub half life. I'm the same way, but the symptoms are totally manageable.

Yes, the rest of your taper will be smooth as long as you only drop when stable. Looks like you're coming along just fine. Before you know it, this will all be a distant memory. Then comes the work and effort: staying clean. We have to remember that we can't ever take pills again unless we want to end up right back in the depths of addiction.

Hope you have a nice, peaceful evening.
    Kat
    Lincolnecho, amydogs and Ken2727 like this.

I am glad your taper is going smoothly. Thank you for posting your rant. It is so true: many docs believe that if you're just dependent on the meds that it's no problem to stop, believe it or not! (I know you believe it) People need to HEAR what you just said.

I wish you a peaceful night.

Iloerose
    amydogs likes this.

Amy good to see the taper is good for you. I never noticed any of my drops but from following several other threads on here I know a lot of people sometimes feel a bit uncomfortable on a drop and they usually feel it on either day 2 or 3 most of the time so that's common. Usually by day 4 there ok and then go ahead and drop. Its when you have dosed 4 days at the same dose and if not stable at that point you wait. Looks like your doing well with the 4 day schedule and that's great . Keep up the good job and I will talk to you later.

Alex
    amydogs, iloerose and Ken2727 like this.

Question: FYI this is not about being vain. I've noticed the past week that nothing seems to fit and my hands and face seemed swollen so I got on the scale, 10 pounds! I have been on Suboxone for 3 weeks and all but 3 days of it I have been tapering. Ten pounds on me means tons more pain in my back and knees. I wonder how much of the aches I have are because of the extra weight. I looked it up and apparently its not uncommon to gain up to 30 pounds in 1 month on SUB without changing your diet. I am a vegetarian, do you know how hard it is to gain weight?! The question is and please no one jump down my throat, what if the taper was shorter? Let's say in another 3 weeks my body tacks on another 10 pounds, the pain I would be in would be horrible. Has anyone done a shorter taper and been okay?

A faster taper means the chance of more w/d symptoms. Most of the fast tapers that I've seen involve w/d symptoms, perhaps not at severe as not taking sub. About your weight gain, could it be that you are retaining fluids because of the sub? Go on some of the other threads and ask about this. Check with Iwantoff, SS, Ken. I'm not sure, but perhaps the weight gain will ease up when you get to lower doses. You can try to go to three days between drops, but the w/d may get worse as you go lower. Are you getting exercise? I'm going to let Alex answer this.
    whatsinaname, amydogs and Ken2727 like this.

I do think probably half of it is inflammation. I'm changing a couple things in my diet till I off Sub. :-)

whatsinaname is offline Platinum Member

Hi Amy,

Ive heard of some pople gaining weight while on subs. Not substantial amounts though. Being that you are tapering and your dose will continue to go down. I wouldnt worry too much about it. I wouldnt suggest trying to do a faster taper, as your just setting yourself up to experience more WD symptoms. I echo Roses question, are you excercizing? that would be your best combatant to any weight gain right now.
    amydogs, iloerose and Ken2727 like this.

Amy,

I googled Suboxone and weight gain and found some reports of others saying the same thing -- they gained weight too. I would get as much exercise as possible and eat healthy. No processed foods, avoid sugar, drink lots of water, etc.

I agree with Rose and Whats -- a rapid taper will only cause unnecessary WD symptoms and may backfire.

Stick to the taper!
    Kat
    whatsinaname, amydogs and Ken2727 like this.

Hi all, yes I exercise ,I walk on my treadmill and do Pilate's and yoga. I eat only organically with no processed food unless we are out to dinner you can't be sure. I generally don't take medications that aren't holistic, as this is my field of practice, the pain medicine however was a necessary evil due to the severity of my back pain. I consulted with others in my field and we've concluded I will stay the slow taper due to the finding of several swollen lymph nodes due to the release of toxins from stopping pain meds and Suboxone.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-18-2013 at 02:52 PM.

It's great that you had two very good people weighing in here, What's and Kat. I wish I had your knowledge about holistic practice and the use of herbs and natural substances. Glad you decided to stick with the slower taper, I think it will be beneficial in the end because you will be letting the toxins slowly release from your body.
    Wishing you a good evening.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013, Ken2727 and amydogs like this.

Amy I just saw this now. I forgot to sign off like I do sometimes and it appears I am on the forums when im not even home. I see you consulted with others in your field and are sticking with your taper. Glad you made a decision because I would have been scared to advise you to try a quicker taper for fear of it backfiring on you and making things worse for you. Hopefully as you reduce the subs your taking the problem will ease up for you. Best of luck and talk to you later.

Alex
    iloerose, Ken2727 and amydogs like this.

Thanks everyone, Alex your in high demand LOL. Rose you are sweet you can learn about natural medicine anytime on your own if you just want a bit of knowledge or schooling for more. I am a spiritual person but not nuts LOL but God really did give us everything we need with nature. It still blows me away, I call herbs and diet Gods Pharmacy. Back on subject, I have such crazy pain in my back and knees so I get scared to even gain 2 pounds so the thought of 10-20 is omg. My lymph nodes are swollen and now I have a rash on my chest and neck, fun times. So my body is really detoxing. Even if I could taper faster now I wouldnt, who know what I'll have next. :-)blessing
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-19-2013 at 01:24 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Ken2727 is offline Senior Member

Hello Amy , Ken Here .

I wanted to drop in and wish you the best with your taper . You have some really great people here posting on your thread and advising you . I will share a tad about my case in hopes you may pick up some small bit to help you with this . Please understand I am not trying to step on any toes here and only have my limited experience to share . With that said reading your story reminds me of myself in the fact of the injuries and healing process for your spine . Which I wish you the best with from one pain sufferer to another . Since the decision to get free I ramped up my exercise in a huge way . I can not move on my feet like I used to so not only exercise but also very deep stretching + breathing helps keep the pain on the lower scale . Though it hurts to do it , it helps keep me limber and with less pain threw the day . I see you mention Yoga so that probably is covered . I am dating a PT so She has a lot to do with helping this also . Which brings up another thing that you are probably aware of but only trying to help in any way ... She gives me rubdowns about weekly and in doing so she found several knots that She stated may be muscle tension or some buildup of toxins . She can and will rub them out but always stated how important it is to flush them out once they are back in circulation via large amounts of water . You are probably aware of these things but I only hope to help in some small way .

Wishing you the best with the taper and your pain .

Ken
    amydogs likes this.

Awwww Ken you are very sweet. Its a good feeling to know i was blessed with great people to guide me and I appreciate everyone help. Ken yes I know those things but it is really good to be reminded. People who help other people heal often forget they need to take care of themselves too. I am so happy you commented because I didn't think to go get a massage and some reflexology w/aromatherapy to help move the toxins out. I know your girlfriend has most likely said this every time but I'll put it out there in case anyone reading doesn't know...after a massage you need to drink lots of water. As Ken mentioned a massage will get your blood circulating and the toxins will rapidly release into the blood >>>>>>. Drinking water helps to ensure the toxins leave your body and not settle back down in the soft tissue again. Thank you again Ken. :-)

Alex and Rose this is what I have for dosage I know you said in most cases you round up, LOL. I seem to have dropped the tiny bits so I am always as a quarter mark as this makes cutting the strips easier. FYI I cut the strips the way Harry showed but I did squares the whole way the triangles are not always accurate. When I'm able to post a picture I will its exactly the same dosage. It just made more sense but people should watch Harry anyway for that awesome laugh :-) Here is what ive calculated, please let me know if I should change anything; the amount dropped is miniscule. Okay I'm starting 5mg in the morning so its
    5mg
    3.75mg
    2.75mg
    2.00mg
    1.50mg
    1.00mg
    .75mg
    .50mg
    .30 or .25 take a day skip a day dose a day skip 2 days dose a day skip 3 days dose a day done. Thank you so much, Amy

Lincolnecho is offline Member

Great advice Amy, after I'm done with the taper a message would be a nice healthy reward.

Thanks,

Lincoln
    amydogs likes this.

Amy,

Hope you are well today. Just wanted to comment on your taper schedule. It's very important to always round UP so you'll have the least amount of WD symptoms as possible.

My stupid old calculator took a dump halfway through my calculations, but this is how you should proceed:

5 mg
    1.25 (my calculator died! LoL..)

Don't worry about your future drops, though. Focus on getting stable and taking care of yourself, physically and emotionally. As long as you follow the taper plan, you will do just fine!

Have a good day.
    Kat
    amydogs likes this.

Lincoln I hope your feeling well on your taper as well. Definitely get a massage. If you can find a Neural Muscular Therapist (NMT) after or even during the taper it would help you feel better and improve your over all health. The difference between a massage and a NMT massage is a NMT balances the central nervous system - brain, spinal column and nerves. During that type of massage you will generally not feel relaxed and the therapist may ask you questions as she moves from one area to the next. The NMT will apply more pressure to the areas of concern, it will be a deeper massage and even a bit painful when necessary. Its all worth every second you endure for the health benefits you'll receive. I'm not putting down the relaxation massage at all they are heaven but getting a NMT massage will give the most benefits for whole body health. Take care Amy

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast