Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes
Saftly & painlessly become drug Free from Suboxone
    amydogs is offline Member

Kat thank you, I was close LOL. Thank you for taking the time in your day to do that for me. Sorry about your calculator, too funny. Maybe you'll get a new one from Santa ;-), Thanks again, Amy
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Lincolnecho is offline Member

Amy,

My wife is holistic. She has taken me in for a deep muscle message "once". It was painful and yes, they told me to drink lots of water. My insurance covers 26 a year, I need to go back.

I have a chiropractor friend that I admire. He's never had a imunization, eaten processed food and won't even buy carpet, clothing or furniture that has chemicals in it. He is 57 and looks like a healthy forty. I'll tell you, we were on holiday food was a problem. He won't eat out unless it's a real organic place. We found an organic farm. My friend whipped up some avocado wrap thing and it was delicious.

I understand the preventative value of living healthy and have always procrastinated. Maybe it's time to get serious. Making the healthy life changes are not easy.

I've been watching you progress and it inspires me. You are not the typical opiate dependent and the taper us working for you too.

Very, very cool.

Lincoln

Lincoln, that's awesome my husband is a Chiropractor. We are similar to your friend but not to that extreme. We went out for dinner last night and had fried food, so bad ;-) we never ever eat that way but once in a while is okay,so yummy. It is hard to change over to a healthy life stylestyle if you don't know where to start, but it can be done without putting stress on yourself or your family. Just like the taper is slow so is changing eating habits and lifestyle. Start with 1 or two things organic or go in the pantry and remove, take back or donate all food that have high fructose corn syrup another would be anything with artificial sweeteners, or stop eating anything that contains wheat, corn, soy, cotton seed or palm oils, replace them with organic olive oil and coconut oils. So you start with one and when it feels like normal, however long that may take you remove another and replace it with the healthy alternative. Our children are vaccine free and so are our pets. Our girls are 10 and 6 and they have been sick with cold or flu maybe 3 or 4 times ever. Lincoln the reason I'm not the typical opiate Dependant is I seem to not have the gene that makes you crave or become addicted to anything. I guess I'm lucky but my reasons for stopping pain meds are they make me sick and on top of that they just weren't getting ride of my back pain they actually started to cause pain.There's a unknown timeline with opiates first they dull the pain your having from whatever surgery or accident you had then if you have to stay on them your body become dependent then with some so does your mind. With the people who become addicted they stay on because it feels good, for the people who don't become addicted they stay on simply because there pain is still there. However with the non addiction people the pain pills eventually stop getting ride of your pain and actually start causing pain because they have turned off all of your bodies pain receptors. Its like an antibiotic your body is fighting the virus or infection and then you start antibiotics and your body say " oh hey thanks I'll go take a break if your here". So its the same with pain meds. For me the non addictive personality my pain pills which have always made me feel horrible were causing me pain. So I think maybe that's where I differ and the whole holistic thing. Its hard for me to have to be Dependant on something I hate knowing I'm unable to do it on my own but then you have to take a stepo back and say "I'm only human, I'm doing the best I can and that's perfectly enough”. I was on another forum last night and was helping a person with depression (I've had it since childhood another thing I accepted was okay to need medicine to help) I told her that I believe nothing happens without reason, so why God has put us on this path I have to believe its because we will help someone else someday, all his reasons are about love. That gives me comfort, the journey has been painful but it has taught me so much all this knowledge I have now has to be to help others, it has to be. I would be honered to help you with a lifestyle change or answer any questions you may have. I'm glad your doing well on your taper. I feel bad for the people who have an addiction its harder for them. I'll keep them in my prayers. I'm off to finish shopping, take care, Amy
    iloerose likes this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Amy I saw your taper schedule I theres a few drops I think may be a bit steep myself. I see your doing fine now right now though and that is good to read. Just concentrate where you are now dose wise and I will talk to you later.

Alex
    amydogs likes this.

Lincolnecho is offline Member

Amy,

I like your analogy of gradual change to a holistic organic diet. It seems more doable than a "cold turkey" cutover. .... In my case, the stuff is already here. My wife is like you. Day to day all organic and once in a great while she'll eat a restraint meal. It's funny, I open the refrigerator and don't even know how I would prepare these items. We usually eat separate dinners together. I once said I've had a lifetime of wheat, beef and sugar, going organic would shock my system. I do take daily vitamins and try supplements for cold before running to dr.

I'm old, grew up in 60s and 70s. As a teenager I lost all my siblings and father in a horrible accident. I can't describe how painful the survivors guilt and PTS has been for most of my life. I went to rehab in my twenties and staying drug free for two decades. Then I had a dental surgery. The dentist gave my 60 10mg vicodins with 2 refills. I had never even had vicodin before. How difficult could this be? I haven't had anything in 20 years. I took them for pain for the first couple days and then took them to get high. The horse was out of the barn and I almost lost it all.

During my sobriety I came to terms with my loss, graduated from a well known university, job, married, house, kids. I don't want to lose what I have.

We all have a unique story. The word addict has a negative connotation and I don't like the label either. All those years in meetings have programmed me to use the word when describing my condition.

I like to think of it this way. If You stole something twenty years ago and nothing since would I say there's Amy the thief? No, not everyone who becomes dependent on opiates is an addict.

My prediction is you will successfully taper, put this behind, and move on with your life. I also think you will find alternatives to opiate treatments.

I've enjoyed reading your posts. You come here with a well researched approach and take suggestions from those sr experienced members.

You're going to make it!

Lincoln
    amydogs likes this.

Lincoln thank you so much. I know nothing about Suboxone and I've never done a forum before but I was so scared and clueless I had to give it a try. You are a fighter and have to many reasons to be successful at this as well. Your not old. I'm 43 my husband is 48 to me age means nothing its how you feel and your connection to others. One of my closest friends is 19, go figure she's so wise and she's 19 it blows my mind. So you are not old. At least your open minded to the lifestyle of organic some people think its crazy talk. LOL to each his own. Lincoln, stay the course, if you get cravings think of your family and do what us girls do have a piece of chocolate :-) If it were only that easy right. I will keep you in my prayers and pray you receive strength and love, take comfort in know your here for a reason and its exactly where your supposed to be right now. The rest will come later. I know a friend of a friend like you, she was clean and then had a surgery...she recovered again and years later was in a horrible accident and she had to have surgery. She told the doctors her situation they understood and gave her a very low dose and limited it to only a couple days with no refills. Tell the dr. up front you can only have a couple days worth and that way the refill thing won't happen. You are removing the temptation for further use. Its okay to have help, set yourself up for success instead. That's powerful right there, taking control of the situation. You can do it, you already are ,Blessing Amy

Firefire is offline Member

Hello Amy,I'm currently taping for the first time using subs.I loved tabs the feeling of getting high was great.I found this site and the people here helped.I could not have tapered off tabs I tried many many times.if used correctly subs are nothing but a tool to help you.I promise you if you follow the plan and be patient you will get through this with little discomfort.I am not a patient person but I learned how to be,my wife and my kids love having there dad back.I work a very physical job and I'm in a little pain,but I can't compare my pain to the pain I caused my family and others.stay strong ff

FF, this thread has been going a while and that conversation was talking about something a while ago. I apologize I don't know anything about using. I wish you well.

Amy just dropping in to say I hope the taper is going well for you and your pain is not bothering you much. Best wishes to you as you move forward and hope you have a nice Christmas.

Alex

Alex
    Thank you for checking on me, I feel great no symptoms right now :-)
    Happy Holidays to you too, enjoy.

Hi Amy,I'm learning these threads,good job on your taper,I have to say it's great therapy posting.merry Xmas ff

Help ~ Alex & Rose, Hi I hope you had a wonderful holiday and new year. We were crazy busy with our girls and we celebrate Jewish and Christan holidays that equals lots of presents. LOL I have been doing great no symptoms if withdrawal nothing except my knees which is always there since I was 18, anyways I have been in a constant state of crying and pain in my legs. I am at .50 once a day until today it has been twice a day. I had forgotten my night time Sub a time or two and felt nothing so I decided at some point I need to go to 1 a day. I had to get some cortisone >>>>s in my one knee this am so the pain is unbearable plus the crying. My husband said did the Subixone ever help your pain and I said "no not really" he said maybe its the withdrawal making the knee pain worse? I don't know but I writhing around my leg is elevates and screaming in pain. So I took another .5 for my evening dose. So this am was .5 and this pm was 1.0 I may need to stay at it a couple days for my knee, it did take about 25% of the pain away which is tolerable. Sorry long story but my questions are do I start the taper over from 1.0 if I take it another day or two or just go back to .5 again? Second why am I crying my head off. I take medicine for depression but I am a success story it works perfectly. I am crying like someone died and I'm anxious WTF is this all withdrawal and if yes how long before this passes. No wonder you guys say the low dose is the hardest. I don't even know if that made sense, need more ice. What's your advice, I want off Sub like there was no tomorrow, I hate this... Ty

Amy did you drop from 1 mg or .75 to .50? If you dropped from 1mg to .50 that was to big of a drop. You might want to take .75 for 3 days then drop from .75 to .625 then to .50. As for the crying a lot of people find there emotions get a little out of whack especially toward the end of a taper. It will pass just give it some time. Will talk to you later and best wishes to you.

Alex

Hi Alex, I did the 1mg for 4 days then .75 for 4 days then to the .5 today was my second day at .5 but I did drop from am and pm dose to just 1x in the afternoon. So may I should stay at am and pm but at some point it has to go to once a day right? What do you suggest? After I took the .5 today I then went to my Orthopedist then came home and a few hours later the lidocaine wore off so I took the pm .5 which is the one I stopped. Then a few hours later the pain in my knee was so bad I didn't know if taking a .5 more would do anything for the pain or not but it did take some away. I guess my knee procedure and going to the .5 once a day was not a good combination. Also within 15 min of taking the 3rd .5 all crying stopped. I am completely shocked at how powerful this tiny little dissolvable thing is, blown away. I will get through the crying, it the pain that the worst. How should I proceed? Without today's mess I was doing great at going down every 4 days but it was still a dose am and pm. Thank you in advance Alex, your very thoughtful at getting back time so fast. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by amydogs View Post
    Hi Alex, I did the 1mg for 4 days then .75 for 4 days then to the .5 today was my second day at .5 but I did drop from am and pm dose to just 1x in the afternoon. So may I should stay at am and pm but at some point it has to go to once a day right? What do you suggest? After I took the .5 today I then went to my Orthopedist then came home and a few hours later the lidocaine wore off so I took the pm .5 which is the one I stopped. Then a few hours later the pain in my knee was so bad I didn't know if taking a .5 more would do anything for the pain or not but it did take some away. I guess my knee procedure and going to the .5 once a day was not a good combination. Also within 15 min of taking the 3rd .5 all crying stopped. I am completely shocked at how powerful this tiny little dissolvable thing is, blown away. I will get through the crying, it the pain that the worst. How should I proceed? Without today's mess I was doing great at going down every 4 days but it was still a dose am and pm. Thank you in advance Alex, your very thoughtful at getting back time so fast. :-)
    Amy maybe go back to 1 mg for a couple days then go back to .75 for 4 then drop to .625 instead of .50. Just a guess on my part as I never increased my dose once I started tapering. Also I really have ni idea about suboxone as a pain med. My sub use had nothing to do with pain but strictly tapering. Just a suggestion you might try.

Alex

Suboxone is not for pain????? Its only to help people come off medications???? So this whole time I haven't been on any pain medication at all? Don't get me wrong this would be a good thing. Why did I get put on it then, why didn't I just taper off my pain meds?! Im So completely confused.

Okay I just researched more. It is prescribed for pain also. I was going to say if I wasn't on anything for pain this whole time I was doing better pain wise than I once thought but nope LOL . Its okay I'm doing good anyway right, right :-)
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Question does anyone stay at a low dose say 1mg for pain management. Im just wanting to know all details. How long does SUB work for pain before its stops? I don't want this but I also can't suffer, I just want all options known and the result or consequences. My husband was wondering can I stay on it for an extended amount of time and what is that time limit. Anyone reading I am not an addict this is simply about pain management. Thank you.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Amy,

Does the sub help your pain?

After my recent surgery, I took pain meds for a week than resumed my sub taper. The sub helped a little, but not much. I would think there are much better and safer options for long term pain mgmt rather than subs. The problem with subs is having to taper off after extended periods of time.

Have you asked your doc about non-narcotic pain meds?

Kat

Alex,please read kats thread I need help ,very sorry amy

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Question does anyone stay at a low dose say 1mg for pain management. Im just wanting to know all details. How long does SUB work for pain before its stops? I don't want this but I also can't suffer, I just want all options known and the result or consequences. My husband was wondering can I stay on it for an extended amount of time and what is that time limit. Anyone reading I am not an addict this is simply about pain management. Thank you.
    It's going to be better to get off the sub first and then if you have to go back on a stronger pain reliever, but less strong than the roxies and preferably non-narcotic, I would do that. Suboxone is a poor pain reliever in general. Also Suboxone is stronger in some ways at filling the receptors than the roxies as sub has a long half life (around 72 hours), but it doesn't provide the pain relief that stronger opiates do. I do not know the pharmacology.

But you seem to be "stuck" somewhere at the 1mg. mark? The one thing you don't want to do on a taper is to keep going up and down. So, if you are in that much pain, I'd consult my doc.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-12-2014 at 03:08 PM.
    alexnt and Ken2727 like this.

Hi all thank you for chimming in. I haven't had much pain at all and no withdrawal symptoms of any concern other than that weight gain which is now gone yeah. The pain came with my knee swelling which happened to unfortunately be the same two days I started on my .50 taper. So no trouble with the taper just the knee pain. So I don't want pain meds and the only thing I'm on is SUB so I figured go up a little till the cortisone kicks in in my knee and then taper down again. My questions about long term use are just so I know options for when I'm off SUB if my pain comes back. I have a feeling my knees are going to give me trouble. Anyways current status is I took 1mg yesterday am/pm this morning I took 1mg. I feel horrible its like I've drank 10 cups of coffee and I'm anxious. I think it was a bad call on my part to go back up even if it was for a couple days, it awful, I feel so sick. So Kat Rose Alex do you suggest I start back at .75 tonight and continue my taper from there? This 1mg is to strong that why I'm having a reaction to it. Unless you all think differently at bedtime I will take .75mg and start my 4 day taper tomorrow at the .75mg dose. FYI the dr. Who gave me the SUB was only my dr for those 2 visits and remember how he suggested the taper.... So I don't feel he know better than people who have actually taken it. I trust your opinions more. I will be up for hours and will check back frequently. Knowledgeable opinions are welcome especially from my trusted group. Also keep in mind I was on day 2 of .50mg and doing well except for crying which is apparently normal with some anxiety at lower doses. The bigger picture here is getting done with the taper having all SUB out of my system and guaging my true pain level with no medication in me. That's when I can go back to my orthopedist and figure out a plan. Okay I'm all ears, Thank you

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Well, if you think 1 mg is too strong then you may want to go back down to .75 tonight and see how you feel tomorrow. Hopefully you can do .75 for a few days then continue the rest of your taper.

Since you were doing ok at .5 mg I assume it will be fine, but let's see what Alex or Rose have to say about it.
    Talk soon.
    Kat

Okay thanks Kat, talk soon Amy

Okay thanks Kat, talk soon Amy
    I would go right back to .75 now Amy. You asked why you were put on it in the first place and why didn't you just taper off your pain meds. That is actually what you should have done since you never even liked the pain meds. But when you first posted here you had already been on subs for awhile so that is why I myself just pointed out the taper plan. If you would have posted on here right when you were about to start subs with your history and how you never liked opiates in the first place and how they made you feel I would have suggested tapering off the opiates instead of staring subs. But that's all in the past and theres nothing you can do about it now. And from what I have gathered reading a lot and from using subs myself low doses of subs are pretty worthless as far as a pain med. Best wishes with your knee.

Alex
    Ken2727 likes this.

Thanks Alex, I just took .75mg I will check in tomorrow, thank you guys so much. Sweet dreams, Amy

Ken2727 is offline Senior Member

Amy

Sorry to see you struggling with the knee pain and want to wish you the best on down plus also finding a realistic option ( non narcotic ? ) for relief after you are done . I do know this - at not even 3 weeks off My baseline pain seemed to be resetting and less than when I was on for the most part .. I wish you the best with all !

Peace,
    Ken

Ken, thank you for that its encouraging too hear, I pray for the same result. I'm keeping a positive attitude. Blessing Amy
    Ken2727 likes this.

Hi all, good news I took the .75mg last night and this am and I feel soooooo much better. So I'll stay at the .75mg for 4 days and go from there. What is the best dose to go to next and going down to nothing and how and at what point do I go to once a day? Thanks Amy
    Ken2727 likes this.

Hi all, good news I took the .75mg last night and this am and I feel soooooo much better. So I'll stay at the .75mg for 4 days and go from there. What is the best dose to go to next and going down to nothing and how and at what point do I go to once a day? Thanks Amy
    Amy here is what most people use dropping
    After 4 days at .25 you skip 1 day dose .25 skip 2 days dose .25 skip 3 days then take your final dose of .25

If your still splitting your dose into 2 times a day when you drop to .625 start dosing just one dose a day at the same time every day. if you follow this you should have very little discomfort when you stop taking it. Best wishes to you.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 and Ken2727 like this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast