Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes
Saftly & painlessly become drug Free from Suboxone
    amydogs is offline Member

You guys are my rock, thank you so much. Today is day 4 on .18 and shockingly today I have no symptoms. Just a thought but wondering if the day before yesterday if it's possible I didn't absorb the whole little piece. You know that taste...anyways no idea why today I'm fine not even any anxiety?! I'm so thankful. I'm will stay at .18mg a couple more if I remain symptom free then I'll try the 12.5mg and go from there. WOW I do not want another day like yesterday. I even took a walk today and did like arm weights. I will keep everyone posted. I can't help but have that lingering fear in the back of my mind.Ken ty I am doing the bathe candles and lavander oils. Sadly the breathing thing hasn't worked since pushing out a baby LOL I keep trying though. I asked my girls about new music because of being in a pain med coma for 3 years so that was fun downloading. I'm trying so hard to keep busy. You all ate so amazing. I don't know how yet but I will make the massive dangers and addictions of Pain meds know on a big scale my brain is working on it. People need to know there are choices they may not be aware of and what if these choose pain meds what they are getting their body and possibly mind into. I'm 42 and educated and I'm so blown buy the massive effects this process has had on myself family and friends, I have a burning need to inform and help. I can't say it enough that you all take time to talk to me, you are have a very special place in my heart, sweet dreams.xo
    Iwantoff2013 and Ken2727 like this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Amy perhaps you did not absorb the whole piece the other day or like i mentioned before you just hit a road bump. i remember when i was tapering and was down to small pieces like you are now and i would worry about not getting it all absorbed. Its so small and you can hardly taste it especially if you are using the 8 mg strips like i did. Anyway glad to see your feeling good today and i think it is wise to stay there a couple more days. You are so close to the finish line now so go slow and you will win. Talk to you later.

Alex
    amydogs likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

I'm so glad to hear you're doing better today! I felt so bad for you yesterday. I guess it's possible that the sub didn't dissolve...or maybe your body finally stabilized...? Either way, glad to hear it.

Take care.
    Kat
    amydogs likes this.

Omg......woke up at 5:30am after just falling asleep at 3:00am, its all back after a salt bath, 4 Aleve, a Reqip for restless leg, a muscle relaxer and a zanax, nothing at all helped. So about 7am I was begging my husband to take me to the hospital, he of course said there us nothing they can do. So I just flipped around in pain crying trying heating pads,cold packs, them my husband got out a huge massager we use at out office and worked on my legs, it helped a lot FYI to anyone. Weird symptom now too feels like someone is drilling nails into the bottom of my feet WTH is that? By 9:00am I'm losing my mind I cut a piece to my best guess .05mg hoping that tiny bit might ease some symptoms. By 10:30 I fell asleep for an hour and I'm up again. I will take my .18mg at my regular time again. I don't know what happened??? My husband stayed home from our practice till a few minutes ago and is coming home early. I'm terrified to be alone which is soooo not me,I hate this, I'm past praying,I'm begging now for this to be over. I just don't understand these ups and downs out of nowhere. I have never had to be so mentally strong in my life; no surgery or event compares. Everyone say a little prayer for me. Another FYI remember when I was worried about the weight gain, well it all came off plus another 15, no appetite. I'm drinking protein shakes and juicing to keep up the nutrients but I would really love to want a pizza or anything. ;-) I'll check in later thanks for listening....

Oh no. I truly do not understand this. I've never seen anyone have such a hard taper.

I'm so sorry Amy. I will say a prayer for you. I know it's very difficult but you're so close. Try to find comfort any way you can and hopefully the symptoms will improve.

You're in my thoughts,
    Kat
    amydogs likes this.

Thanks Kat, this is crazy right?! I don't know what to expect now. I took my .18 around 2:30pm, I'm praying some symptoms ease. I may just have to sliver a piece off every 4-6 days till there's none. I'll check back later,3 huge big baby doggies are hungry. :-)

Amy I wish there was some advise I could offer you but I am totally clueless as to why your having so many recent problems. Only thing I can suggest is to stick at .18 for a few more days and try to get feeling decent there and then maybe just drop down to .15 if you can measure that out. Hope your better tomorrow.

Alex
    amydogs likes this.

Ken2727 is offline Senior Member

Hi Amy I wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and have my best wishes . Sorry to see you are having so many symptoms lately . I know this is rough but try to stay strong and do anything you can to find a peaceful state of mind . Remember there is an end and this will pass .

Ken
    amydogs likes this.

Amy,

How are you feeling? I hope your symptoms have improved. Give us an update when you can.

All the best,
    Kat
    amydogs likes this.

Hi all, so sorry I haven't updated. We are in GA so I'm sure you have seen the mess down here. Its crazy we have approx 5in thick of pure ice covering everything, now we are supposed to get snow on top of that. We have been here for about 17 yrs and I've never seen anything like this and I'm from MI. Anyways I had an okay day yest then last night about 11pm I started to get the chills then sweating then nausea which turned to throwing up (sorry if TMI) restless leg too, Reqip is useless. I woke up my husband and he made me a bath and I just waited it out. I'm am completely blown away by this, completely, and im still at .18mg. Anyways so far today I only have the shaking, a little anxiety but I really think that's coming from the fact now we just don't know when something is going to hit me. Ugh and why is it always 3am when its the worse. I sat out the .18mg pieces and then put out several more under them and took a sliver off then did the same with a few more and took even more off those. So every 5-6 days if I'm able a tiny bit is lowered. I have no idea the mg at this point I have to look in the mirror to make sure it actually goes under my tongue. The pieces are so tiny at this point. My husband looks at the tiny piece and is just in aw that something that small is causing so much. I know this is not the norm for SUB but thank you all for the words of encouragement they truly comfort me. I'm sorry I don't know when someone responds unless I go to my page, I know there is prob a way to get a email or text so please no one think I'm not responding on purpose. Talk to you all tom xo

Throwing up?? I just don't get it. I'm totally stumped as to why this is happening.

It might be worth a shot to go to Ruth's thread ("Ask Ruth" by ARTIST658) on the Need to Talk board and see if she can offer any insight. She's an addiction counselor and recovering pill addict.

You're a trooper! Soon this will all be a distant memory.
    Hugs,
    Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-12-2014 at 10:22 PM.
    amydogs likes this.

>>>> really nobody else has thrown up......okay I don't know how to go to a thread but I will figure it out. So far so good tonight, Im just reading. I'm nervous but that's just worry. Okay I'll look her up thank you xo

At the top left of the page you'll see where it says General Discussion Boards. Click that and it will bring up a list of all the boards. Scroll down to the Need to Talk board. You'll find her thread there.

Kat
    amydogs likes this.

Thanks sweetie, I just figured it out LOL I left her a message. Thank you again so much. I'll Check back tomorrow hopefully we won't lose power its still rain ice, crazy weather. :-D

Hi, I talked to Ruth, no disrespect but she said exactly what I assumed she would. Anyways that's done. I am having a good day no anxiety or WD symptoms to speak of woot woot. So I'm staying this course for at least another day or two and even when that slight jump comes its very tiny. I guess my body is highly reactive to subtle changes and that's okay. " Just keep swimming swimming swimming" gotta love Dory :-)
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-13-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Dory... lol...

I think Ruth misunderstood your question. I don't know if you saw it, but I replied to her post. I told her that you were asking if she may have any idea about why these symptoms are hitting you so hard. I thought maybe since she's been on these boards for quite some time, it may be possible that she's seen something similiar happen to other members at the end of their taper.

So glad to hear today is better for you!! Hope it stays that way.
    Kat
    amydogs likes this.

Thank you, no I haven't read it, I will go look. You guys are really only going to get it because you've been here the whole time. So today good again. I'm liking the good days I feel normal, and oer Ruth I haven't taken any other meds except my everyday cymbalta and the tiny oc of SUB. ;-) so I think they way they are cut going by what Alex said is I think I've managed the next to be .15mg then the drop after that to .12.5mg. I'm praying this will be easier than skipping days. I know now I can get through those hours but I would prefer not LOL. Ty again you have been here everyday for me. Ty ty ty Kat you rock. Xo

I'm so glad to hear that today is a good day!

I know you've been frightened by the symptoms. I would be too! One good thing is that they come and go..they don't linger 24/7. You're almost there. So proud of you for sticking it out. You will soon be reaping the rewards!

Talk soon.
    Kat
    amydogs likes this.

Amy

I have been away a bit so wanted to drop in and see how you are holding up . It is good to see the symptoms subsided and great to see you can now get through those hours . Take an hour at a time if needed and remember baby steps at this stage . You are getting so close now you can reach out and touch the finish line . I also am proud of you for sticking it out and you should be too . It will be over soon enough so hang in there and stay tough . I should be back Monday and will check in then .

My absolute best wishes go out to you !

Ken
    amydogs likes this.

Okay today another WD free day so I'm going to the 15 - 12.5mg PC its hard to tell exact. Wish me luck. I will check in again either tom or Mon, fingers crossed. Blessing Amy

Hi , I cut the PCs last night. I should be done in approx 8 days. The last couple days is a pin dot. I'm in survival mode trying not to be nervous and let my mind wander. Reading and watching movies. Say a little pray this goes smoothly......ty xo
    Ken2727 likes this.

Wow...8 days. That is so wonderful, Amy! I'm so excited for you. If any symptoms crop up, try to take comfort in the fact that you're so close to being done and don't ever have to feel this way again!

I'm so proud of you for sticking this out. You've done a great job considering the symptoms you've had to endure lately. When I'm at those low doses, I hope to be as strong as you've been.

Hope you had a lovely weekend my friend.
    Kat
    amydogs likes this.

Kat I hope you don't have to go through what I've experienced and your taper is smoother. If you do, I'll be here :-). Xo
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by amydogs View Post
    Hi , I cut the PCs last night. I should be done in approx 8 days. The last couple days is a pin dot. I'm in survival mode trying not to be nervous and let my mind wander. Reading and watching movies. Say a little pray this goes smoothly......ty xo
    8 days is so close Amy . Even if you go over by a day or two . I am excited for you to soon be finishing up . Though we may all experience different symptoms at different times I would be willing to bet you will feel no worse than you have . I was nervous and can even say almost horrified of the end of my taper but once the realization came I was OK it was Keep taking solace that even the worse ones lately calmed as you stabilized . I was nervous and will even say scared of the end of my taper but once I realized whatever symptoms I felt on the tougher days cleared up ( minus the minor annoyances ) it was OK . Point being I am pretty sure we all have that fear in the end . You have done this right though so soon your hard work will pay off .

Best wishes always ,

Ken
    alexnt and amydogs like this.

Amy good to see where yesterday was another good day for you and hope today was the same. Ken mentioned about being scared toward the end and that he thinks most of us have some fear toward the end of our tapers. Have to admit that I was a bit scared myself as I got closer to the jump off of subs. What really helped me a lot was that I was following a few other threads of people who were a little ahead of me with there tapers and that they were doing ok. Also I had read enough threads where I knew at the end a big part of it was mental. Another thing to remember is this. People that don't use any sort of drug at all have days where they don't feel 100%. I jumped off subs 14 months ago and there are days I wake up and just feel sorta blah like. When we are tapering off subs we tend to blame days like that on our taper when in most cases it has nothing to do with our taper. I see where you posted it should be about 8 more days. I don't know if you are planning on doing skip days at the end or just going to a real small dose and then using that dose a few days and jumping. You might want to get to the .12 and dose there for 4 days and then start spreading doses out over time. You don't have to follow the skip whole days either. Roberts taper plan has one get stable at there last dose then skip 1 day then 2 days then 3 days. That means you would dose then wait 48 hrs and dose then wait 72 hrs dose then wait 108 hrs and dose. Its not written in stone though. You could dose then wait and try to go 48 hrs. If you cant make it 48 hrs you just dose and then spread more hrs befor the next dose. You might be fine without even doing any skip days at all though. Some just go to a small dose and use that dose for 4 or 5 days and then jump and are fine doing that. Just wanted to point out different options to you. One good thing in your favor is that I think when you first started posting here is that you never did like doing opiates. My best wishes to you as you get ready to cross the finish line and I will talk to you later.

Alex

Hi everyone, thank you all for the words of wisdom. Alex it's hard to measure but I thing when I thought I was at around.18 it was more .12mg either way symptom free. I am scared for sure at this point its a lot in my head waring with jumping or staying or what if?? I have the taper just getting smaller and smaller till its a dot, no skipping. Today is another no symptom day so tomorrow makes day 5 on the count down. I'm haven't been thinking of anything about myself since Sunday night. We have 3 very loved dogs and our oldest Suzy went to heaven yesterday so our family has just been grieving the loss of her she was 13 a Golden\Lab mix. If any of you have pets, give them every second you can, time goes by so quickly. Xo Amy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-18-2014 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amydogs View Post
    Hi everyone, thank you all for the words of wisdom. Alex it's hard to measure but I thing when I thought I was at around.18 it was more .12mg either way symptom free. I am scared for sure at this point its a lot in my head waring with jumping or staying or what if?? I have the taper just getting smaller and smaller till its a dot, no skipping. Today is another no symptom day so tomorrow makes day 5 on the count down. I'm haven't been thinking of anything about myself since Sunday night. We have 3 very loved dogs and our oldest Suzy went to heaven yesterday so our family has just been grieving the loss of her she was 13 a Golden\Lab mix. If any of you have pets, give them every second you can, time goes by so quickly. Xo Amy
    Amy I am very sorry to read about the loss of your dog Suzy. Without going into details why I have a dog Gypsy who is not quite 4 years old. She lives about 50 miles from me with my GF and I go down and visit with her almost every week. She means the world to me so from one dog lover to another I feel your pain and am so sorry about your loss. As for the taper I am happy to read that it was another symptom free day. I am just guessing here but maybe you have gone as low as you need to and after tomorrow you could start spacing your doses out for longer periods of time and be ready to jump off. Just listen to your body and let it guide you thru rest of this. Once again I am sorry about your loss but am also happy for you in that you are almost completely done with subs. Talk again with you.

Alex
    amydogs likes this.

Amy,

I'm so sorry about Suzy. I am a big time animal lover and know how it feels to lose a beloved pet. Heck, they're not pets, they're our furry friends who steal our hearts.

I lost my sweet kitty Sophia 8 months ago and my heart is still broken. I can't think of her without crying usually. She was the most affectionate, sweetest kitty ever. She was our "baby" before my son was born. We had to let her go after spending thousands of dollars trying to save her.

Again, so sorry. I'm sure Suzy knew how much you loved her.

Kat
    amydogs likes this.

Hi Alex ty about Suzy. So I didn't tell you guys yesterday but I took at .05mg instead of what may have Ben about an .08mg. Last night I was a little restless maybe nervous or just sadness but today I'm completely symptom free so I think that was it I'm just jumping. I'm scared but you are so right at this tiny dose its mental. Just in the back of your mind nervous of a bad sensation happening no matter how short lived. So far today I'm fine I haven't thought if it at all. Trying to stay busy and not have to much time to just think. I will check in again tomorrow and let everyone know how its going. I have a good feeling I'm going to be fine. ;-)

Thanks Kat, I do start crying. We took a picture of her at peace and she's beautiful, ya I cry at least 1x per hour. There's nothing to describe losing a pet or to most a furry child, I swear I had her myself.r two other dogs at home a Lab and a boxer seem lost without her, its killing me. Time heals but the pain of a loss is not a physical pain its so much more. Anyway we are keeping her ashes, it may take me a few day to be able to pick them up but I will. We have kept all out pets. Someday I'll plant them with a beautiful tree. Anyways thank you for your kind words, we would have cats too but my hubby is allergic. I want horses now too LOL all in good time. Blessing so Amy

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast