Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Iluv2smile
  • 2 Post By Hopeful65
Second day completely off subutex. What to expect?
    Hopeful65 is offline New Member

Default Second day completely off subutex. What to expect?

I have spent HOURS online reading up on suboxone and subutex withdrawal. This is my second day without the subutex and although I'm uncomfortable (sweaty, cold chills, headache, back pain, etc) I'm afraid it's going to get much worse.
    Here is my history:
    2001- 2004: I had surgery after surgery and prescribed Percocet all the time. By 2005 I was taking up to 220mg Percocet each day.
    2005-2015: Methadone treatment: I went to a methadone doctor since Percocet didn't do anything for my pain anymore. I was stable at 120mg for 10 years, then tapered down to 10mg. I should have tapered down to 0, but was then given subutex. At the time I had never heard of it.
    2015 to present: The doc gave me 16mg subutex daily, but I only took 12mg a day. I then tapered myself down to 8mg after 2 months, then to 4mg after about 10 months, then 2mg. (i stopped going to the doc after 3rd visit because it was too expensive and used the extra subutex to taper.) I only had one 8mg pill left and tapered down to 1mg before stopping. My last 1mg was 44 hours ago. I would like to add that I was on 2 mg and I only took .5mg for 3 days before my last 1mg and I felt like I was in full withdrawal, but after my last 1mg dose 44 hours ago I feel very uncomfortable, but not as bad as I was last week.

I have been taking OTC sleep pills at night, along with .5mg prescribed Xanax. I have 8 Percocet and 8 tramadol, which I plan to take in small amounts if/when the withdrawal gets too rough. If there is anyone who can give me any advice or what to expect, based on my history, I would be grateful.

I am so envious of people who wake up happy and healthy everyday without taking medicine. I want that to be me again. I'm a woman in my thirties with a great career and I have worked too hard for everything I have to let the withdrawals set me back. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to reply.

zebra1961 is offline Member

Default hopeful65

I would not take any more opiates its gonna extend your withdrawals,Look up the Thomas recipe it will help a lot, I was 10 yrs on opiates last 2-1/2 on subs, Contact your Dr. he may be able to prescribe some meds to help thru first 5-7 days then get off them or you might start another addiction, you are gonna lose sleep but it is much better than being on drugs not that bad it gets better every day. On day 38 now you go back and forth a little bit the good outweighs the bad by Tons!!!keep us posted Lots of good advice here lots of good people have been thru this and are willing to help.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Agree with zebra..100%

I would not take any opiates
    It can set you back physically
    And
    More importantly the mind won't know
    That you are just taking it short term
    And once that brain change occurs with opiates

Who knows what will happen?

Plus you have been off full agonist opiates awhile..
    Definitely not a risk I would take..
    My story is similiar to your .
    Pills
    Methadone
    Sub

Now I am over 2 years off methadone
    Over 19 months off sub

It is worth it..
    I would be very careful with the benzo too..

If you could get some clonidine from your dr
    That is an awesome medication used for opiate withdrawals
    It is a blood pressure med but has been used for wds for years..

The Thomas Receipe on here
    I started minus the benzo long before I jumped from the sub
    And still take some of the supplements today

Plenty of water

Exercise
    Laughing
    Sex
    Chocolate
    Feeling sense of accomplishment
    Eating hot chiles ..

All of normal things get the natural endorphins
    Flowing again!

But the big thing is
    Even clean
    Some days are better than others!

We are used to being numb
    So every little blah feeling or pain
    We want to fix!

But it gets better and it is so worth it!
    To be free!

You are doing amazing!

Rockin it
    Clean
    In
    2016!
    Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-25-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    dontwait likes this.

Thank you both so much for your responses. I know it will be worth it. It's just that each minute feels like an hour while in this state. I have been prescribed 3 .5mg of Xanax a day for a while, but only take 2 .5mg pills a week to help me sleep. I figured, since I have So much extra, it would be safe to take some each night to sleep, then taper off easily like I did before. I will try my best to not take the Percocet to relieve withdrawals, even if I have to give them to someone else.

LesPaulJeff is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful65 View Post
    Thank you both so much for your responses. I know it will be worth it. It's just that each minute feels like an hour while in this state. I have been prescribed 3 .5mg of Xanax a day for a while, but only take 2 .5mg pills a week to help me sleep. I figured, since I have So much extra, it would be safe to take some each night to sleep, then taper off easily like I did before. I will try my best to not take the Percocet to relieve withdrawals, even if I have to give them to someone else.
    You can check out my short journal of what to expect day by day during w/d's. Its more mental than anything but if I can do it, you can too. The symptoms will get a little worse for you over the next few days but then they will ease up and you will feel great again!!

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...tml#post450010

And like iluv2smile said, don't take the percocets. Get rid of them, flush them right now. The xanex is ok, take them as needed if you get any RLS or having trouble sleeping. Oh, and over the counter sleep aids really increased my w/d symptoms so I would stay away from those and just take the xanex to sleep.

Bananas are good for w/d symptoms as well so that may help.

You are starting to get in the nitty gritty of your w/d symptoms so keep it up!! You are almost there. Just try to relax and make sure you dont have anything planned for the next few days. Just stay home if you can and be lazy until it passes. Try to get out and walk some if you can, it will help. Listen to some good music. Binge watch some TV shows that you like. Anything to take your mind off things.

I wish you the best and if you need me, you are welcome to message me.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-25-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Thank you LesPaulJeff. I will definitely check out the link and stop taking the OTC sleeping pills. Xanax have me the first full 4 hour sleep last night I'm the past week, since I started tapering. It's time to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Luckily I have wonderful people in my life who are supportive. Fingers crossed that I'll get through the next few days.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hide your clocks!
    I would organize your drawers
    Closets anything to keep yourself
    Busy..

Because if you sit and wait for
    the other shoe to fall
    It will!

You might be pleasantly surprised ..

We usually make this whole process
    Worst in our minds..
    Just take if minute by minute
    Issue by issue..

Move around
    Even if it is small!
    Bette

Well, here's an update. On a positive note, I found more subutex in my drawer and flushed them. On a negative note, I took a percocet and tylenol 3. (Both prescribed to me a while ago) I took them because I wanted the cold sweats, etc etc to go away. I am extremely disappointed in myself, but can't take it back. All I did today was lay in bed, which led to over thinking and unnecessary stress and anticipation. I have to force myself to get out of the house tomorrow. When I felt sick the past few days I had family and friends in my presence, which really helped. I know I'm stronger than this.

Misty234 is offline Member

I would flush the Tylenol 3 and anything else you have it's really not going to help you in the end it may even extend the withdrawal. Congrats on trying to quit the subs I know it's hard believe me I'm om day 96 and I remember the first couple weeks off the subs it was hard but you can do this without the Tylenol 3. Have faith in yourself that you can do this. Stay busy drink lots of water and try not to lay around thinking about how bad you feel I now that's hard but if you keep busy it will help. I know you feel awful but it does get better just hang in there. Take Care...Lisa

Well, I am now on day 10 without subutex and the majority of the physical withdrawals are minimal or non-existent. I still get some cold chills and am sneezing a lot, but the nausea, muscle pain, sweating, etc are gone. I still feel some anxiety and lack of motivation, but that is mind over matter. I have NOT taken anymore percocet or Tylenol 3 to make my withdrawals subside. I can't believe I'm on day 10!!!! I honestly wasn't sure if I could make it this far. Now that I HAVE gotten this far, there is NO WAY IN HELL I am looking back. This is the first time in 14 years I have been without medication to make me feel "normal." It's strange waking up in the morning without medicine, but in a good way. I know I have a long road ahead of me, but if I got this far I know I can do it. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO REPLIED TO MY THREAD. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT. I WAS TERRIFIED, BUT KNOWING THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING, AND WILLING TO LEND ME SOME SOME MUCH NEEDED ADVICE, MADE IT A LITTLE MORE BAREABLE. THANK YOU.
    Misty234 and Ming23 like this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Hopeful
    Good for you! Just hang in there now and drink plenty of water to flush out residual chems. Get out of the house and exercise when u can. Going out into the world is good and takes the mind off things.
    We fall down. We get up.
    You're doing fine. Better than i did! You will never regret this choice! Promise.