Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Justfortodaytx
Skip or jump?
    Possums is offline New Member

Default Skip or jump?

Hi everybody. I am at .06mg (i believe) of sublingual suboxone right now and I've been on this dose for a couple months. I'm not even sure how long I've been tapering but I know I have been on it for a couple years. I have tried every search string I can think of to see if anyone has addressed this question yet, but I haven't been able to find it, so I apologize if I'm replicating another post.

Is it best to just stop taking suboxone or to follow Robert's plan and then jump after the four day dose? Has anyone done both that can assess what each was like? I'm not sure which to do. I took two weeks off of work and got extremely sick with the flu the day I was supposed to stop taking the subs so I've spent the first week of my vacation in bed with that, then I sprained my ankle yesterday and it looks like I'll be spending half of that two weeks recovering from other things. So I'm thinking if I just stop taking it completely tomorrow, I'll be over the worst of it by the 22nd, but maybe the w/ds would be worse? On the other hand, if I'm skipping doses, I'll be back at work by the time I jump off completely but maybe the w/ds won't be bad enough to interfere with work?

What do you all think?

Thanks for any advice!

Hi possums. Welcome. I am currently taking .75 day and have tapered down from 2.5 day about a month ago to where I am now. I plan to jump from .13 in about 3 weeks. You have to want it man. I would go ahead and jump if you're at .06. I'm surprised you can even cut them that small. Now that's my opinion not knowing much about your situation. If you want to justify staying on subs you'll be able to- we all can. I work over full-time on a very stressful IT project, my husband is an alcoholic and does little to help raise my 2 kids but watch them for 3 hours a week so I can go to a few NA meetings. But I want to be clean and make some big changes in my life. How bad do you want to get clean and what are you going to do after you get off to be supported and not continue to replicate addictive behaviors/habits you have developed. God Bless!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Possums is offline New Member

This is why I don't go to NA meetings.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Possums View Post
    This is why I don't go to NA meetings.
    Hi Possum and Welcome,

You have found an incredible place to find advice and support. So much knowledge here and everyone is generous with sharing their own experiences.

To answer your question, you have tapered low enough that you really shouldn't have much trouble jumping. The decision is entirely up to you. If I were you, I'd take advantage of having this time off from work and go for it. You should have a fairly soft landing because you did so well getting your dose low. If you get any symptoms, it might be having a little trouble sleeping and have a short period of low energy. These shouldn't be so bad that they will interfere with your life but instead you may just feel "off" for a week or two. I know. That sounds awful--a week or two but your symptoms won't be full-blown. Just "off" or you may just skate on through and feel quite well. You'll know soon enough how you're feeling after a couple of days and once you get those behind you, I think that you'll be excited to keep going and you should.

Congratulations for doing such a wonderful job with your taper. It's your time! Go for it.

Peace,

Cat

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Hi Possum and Welcome,

You have found an incredible place to find advice and support. So much knowledge here and everyone is generous with sharing their own experiences.

To answer your question, you have tapered low enough that you really shouldn't have much trouble jumping. The decision is entirely up to you. If I were you, I'd take advantage of having this time off from work and go for it. You should have a fairly soft landing because you did so well getting your dose low. If you get any symptoms, it might be having a little trouble sleeping and have a short period of low energy. These shouldn't be so bad that they will interfere with your life but instead you may just feel "off" for a week or two. I know. That sounds awful--a week or two but your symptoms won't be full-blown. Just "off" or you may just skate on through and feel quite well. You'll know soon enough how you're feeling after a couple of days and once you get those behind you, I think that you'll be excited to keep going and you should.

Congratulations for doing such a wonderful job with your taper. It's your time! Go for it.

Peace,

Cat

If you have been on 0.06mg for a long time.... the jump will likely be very very painless. As in, maybe some mild symptoms day 2-3 and that could be it. Expect some fatigue/depression/lethargy around day 7-10 but that will go away in 2 weeks as well.

You have to understand how little suboxone you are on, that's a huge thing going for you right now. You are taking 20x less dose than someone on just 1mg, and 160x less dose than someone on the standard 8mg/day. If you want the science, that's probably the equivalent of 5-10mg of oxycodone per day. As in, like one single long acting 5mg pill to hold you over. The acute WD's won't be too severe at all. However, given the length of time you have been on subs, and just the fact your brain has gone for years still on a trickle of opiates.... do expect that lead suit feeling a week in and that will likely linger 1-2 weeks but you should be able to go to work.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Possum
    Welcome!
    Why not start skipping? Just do it! The fear is worse than the actual changes. The jump is not bad from where you're at. Skipping might help u get comfortable with the practice of "no subs today."! It's another habit we develop during taper.
    However, it does not compare with freedom! Go for it! You will Never regret it! Lol

Starz3 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Possums View Post
    Hi everybody. I am at .06mg (i believe) of sublingual suboxone right now and I've been on this dose for a couple months. I'm not even sure how long I've been tapering but I know I have been on it for a couple years. I have tried every search string I can think of to see if anyone has addressed this question yet, but I haven't been able to find it, so I apologize if I'm replicating another post.

Is it best to just stop taking suboxone or to follow Robert's plan and then jump after the four day dose? Has anyone done both that can assess what each was like? I'm not sure which to do. I took two weeks off of work and got extremely sick with the flu the day I was supposed to stop taking the subs so I've spent the first week of my vacation in bed with that, then I sprained my ankle yesterday and it looks like I'll be spending half of that two weeks recovering from other things. So I'm thinking if I just stop taking it completely tomorrow, I'll be over the worst of it by the 22nd, but maybe the w/ds would be worse? On the other hand, if I'm skipping doses, I'll be back at work by the time I jump off completely but maybe the w/ds won't be bad enough to interfere with work?

What do you all think?

Thanks for any advice!
    I think I'd do skip days! Good luck!